Tennessee Smokies Employee Reviews

Long days and long hours
Ticket Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kodak, TNMay 3, 2017
I loved my co-workers here, but the group sales manager was not up to par. Everyone else was nice, but having to work with him on a daily basis was a real bummer.
Fun but hard working sports environment
Ticket Sales Trainee (Current Employee) –  Kodak, TNJuly 11, 2016
The Tennessee Smokies are a young and hard working sports organization looking to make the most out of a minor league baseball experience for all fans.
Awesome Place to work
Media Producton (Former Employee) –  Kodak, TNOctober 21, 2015
The Tennessee Smokies is an Awesome AA Minor League Baseball team in the Southern League! The Manager of the Park and all the people who work in the Media Production and in the Office are amazing people! it was the best two season job I have ever had!!
Pros
Great work schedule, Fun Environment
Cons
location
Relaxed work place with long hours
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Kodak, TNJuly 23, 2015
A typical day with the Smokies was coming in from 9am-5pm and talking with customers over the phone and email. During the season, we were responsible for calls during the day as well as assisting in game day operations. I would assist any department that needed help during the game including ticket sales, promotions and stadium operations. We had to maintain relationships with companies that had company outings at baseball games and season ticket holders. It was crucial to make outbound calls to new businesses and try to get them to buy tickets for games, picnics, and luxury level suite and clubhouses. I learned a lot about the sales process and what it takes to acquire and maximize new business revenue. Management and coworkers were easy to work with during normal business days and game days. The hours were very long and often worked on weekends. A typical day when there was a game scheduled was from 9:00am-11:00pm. We were able to relax and watch some of the game if it was a slow day and all other areas were covered. There were some nice perks that came from working there through corporate sponsors which included discounts at restaurants, free golf, and amusement attractions in Gatlinburg, TN.
Pros
Discounted meals, free golf
Cons
Long hours, little time off