Tennessee State University

Tennessee State University Employer Reviews

Great Education
Undergrad Asst. (Former Employee), Nashville TNMarch 13, 2015
A historic school for a reason. I enjoyed the culture and the professors. The football coaches taught me a lot about the game and having character.
Great place to gain experience
Administrative Assistant - Summer Intern (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2015
Conducted Product presentations, needs assessment, contract negotiation, utilizing closing technique and answering technical product knowledge questions
Workplace Enviorment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: decrease tuition, free living arangements, and stipen.
Cons: if you do not utilize time management then you will not succeed with this company.
There was no day that ended nor start the same. Everyday was hands on with students, parents, and faculty. Management was willing to help and make sure you as well as the students received all the help needed to become successful in the future. This job rely heavily on availability and customer service
Good place to work and grow
Help Desk Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: payed well
Cons: my contract ended
I enjoyed my time there at TSU. I learned some about Apple products and helped lots of others.
Fun environment
Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working hands on with the department heads and Dean of the Health Science Department. Whatever they needed, I provided assistance.
learned about self
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2015
this job has taught me patience like no other, but I will say that I have gained a great of info about being tidy, and working efficiently alone and with other people
Knowledgeable and Supportive Faculty
Research Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2014
Fun place to work unfortunately the Biology department got the short end of the stick and has not as many research resources.
Great Place to work, provide great opportunity for students to work and pay through school
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2014
Tennessee State University provides employment opportunities to students so they can work and school environment while they pay through school.
I enjoy my work.
Research Asst. at Intelligent Controls Systems Lab (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2014
I always look forward to going to work the next day. I have been working and learning at the same pace. It pays to be paid to do what you are passionate about.
Nice, quite environment surrounding my desktop.
Communications Department Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 22, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me keeping track (both manually and electronically) of all the equipment the room had to offer for students. I learned great organization skills, as well as customer service. My manager was very "hands on" if I ever needed assistance with anything, as he showed me how to do things instead of simply telling me. His desk was located across the hall from me, so I had to always remain vigilant! I didn't get to know any of my co-workers that well, since the office only required one person to be in there at a time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the hassle of tracking down students and their overdue equipment. The most enjoyable part was listening to students describe the different projects that they were about to partake in as I checked out the necessary equipment they needed.
my dream to work there
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 6, 2014
typical day was unpredictable
how to treat the students
management was ok
i loved my co workers
Great job
Director of Wilson Hall-Freshman Housing (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2014
great first job. Staff had a family camaraderie. Willingness to support those in seeking new heights.
Academic Excellence and highly competitive.
Associate Testing Supervisor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 30, 2014
TSU has some of the academically excellent professors in the business of educating and mentoring students. I highly recommend their curriculum and instruction to any individual who is interested in furthering their education in the state of Tennessee.
Constructive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment.
Cons: non
Providing support wherever help was needed. Having to time manage between school & work was an excellent experience for me. Working beside others with different values, opinions, ideas, & personalities prepared me for the typical work environment.
Bias
Aramark Higher Education (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2014
Aramark is a Bias company to work for. Be advised everyone working their has their own personal agendas.
Productive Place to work
CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER PRACTICUM (Former Employee), Nashville,TNJuly 16, 2014
Pros: pay well
Cons: no cons
The management is full of former Human Resources professionals who are dedicated to placing students on the write career path.
school
Student (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 24, 2014
I was able to obtain my degree and work through obstacles. I enjoyed being able to understand and learn the proper skills.
love my job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 23, 2014
I absolutely love the work environment. My peers were understanding and exciting to be around. We truly believe in teamwork.
Interesting academic environment
Records Department Lead Worker/Secretary III (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 12, 2014
Pros: customer service training
Cons: limited room for future advancement
Increasingly complex staff assistant duties in the Registrar’s Office which included; verification of student data in a time sensitive manner using university codes and implementing university policy under the Freedom of Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Composed correspondence, data entry, BANNER, requisitions, managed library, travel arrangements, bulk mail and cash operations including heavy computer and telephone use. I also attended seminars for quality team building and excellence in customer service.
Was Fun To work here
Instructor (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 9, 2014
Pros: going to work
Worked two to three days a week. The students was great!!! Learned much. Management worked with you all the way. I enjoyed working with the students.

1 2 3 4