Tennessee State University Employee Review

View all Tennessee State University reviews

Greatest learning experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2013
My time at Tennessee State University (TSU) as an undergraduate and graduate research assistant was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned so much about the laboratory through hands on experience, formal/informal training, and seminars. There weren't really any easy parts of my experience there, but learning isn't always easy. The long hours, trial and error, model designing, etc were all the hardest but most enjoyable parts of my time at TSU. My co-workers were usually senior research graduate who were always willing to give advice and help when needed.

Other Tennessee State University Employee Reviews

The Pay is not Comparable to the Workload
Full-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2018
I knew that education did not pay as much as corporate but I was not prepared for the workload that accompanied the minimal pay. You do not get paid for anything over 37.5 hours even when the schedule requires 40-50 hours weekly.
Pros
Potential education reimbursement
Cons
Workload
Medium pace
Family Service Worker Early Head Start Partnership (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 17, 2017
The pace of the job is determine by the needs of the candidates I serve. I enjoy my job and the work place culture.
I learn something new each day.
Pros
benefits
Cons
temporary contracts