Tennessee State University Employee Reviews

Good job
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2017
Working for a school comes with it's pros and cons. The faculty you work for can sometimes be a bit more demanding since they almost always need a solution immediately.
Good and Balanced Place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faculty of EngineeringMay 19, 2017
Serene environment for learning with several opportunities to consolidate learning with practice.
Learnt several traffic engineering software and packages.
Love helping the student on the way to success!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Nashville TNMay 15, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting students from all over the world to get into our nursing program.Also like helping the faculty with day to day tasks to help our students to succeed.
Pros
All the wonderful people i have meet alone the way.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Fun workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for Tennessee State University. As a resident assistant I gained a lot of leadership and customer service experience. I also gained skills in using excel.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Lack of organization
Tennessee Stae Unversity (events management)
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2017
I love being employed at my current job. The professionalism that my department has is the bet I have experienced thus far. The exposure to different cultures have really enhanced my character
Great workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2017
This job is a very hands on job opportunity. You get to interact with a lot of people on a daily basis. You basically take care of any problems your residents have.
Loved it
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 14, 2017
Enjoyed meeting new people and helping out when ever I could. Recommend this place for work. Job was easy, people were fun to work with, had great time there.
Great for entry level and you can get your degree for free
Fieldwork Coordinator/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2017
A typical day is mostly responding to emails. Unfortunately the upper management of this company is not concerned about the lower level employees or their concerns. I would recommend it for entry level administrative assistants who want a college degree while you work.
Pros
Free education while you work
Cons
upper management makes the company hostile
Great Enviroment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2017
Working for TSU I learned a lot about the ins and outs of administration. I worked in a building where there were always students coming In and out for questions or needing assistance with something, and I was always there to assist.
Great Work Study Assignment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 6, 2017
The position that I was given working at Tennessee State University was a front desk receptionist in the College of Business. Great experience. All of the Professors and Deans of the College of Business are excellent people.
Wonderful Institution of Higher Learning
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 2, 2017
Teaching courses to undergraduate students
Teaching proper laboratory techniques
Most enjoyable is helping Undergraduates excel in their academic career and giving advice and tips that most undergraduates do not receive.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 1, 2017
Its always challenging to work in tennessee state university,and work culture is very friendly. while comming to education i learnt many practical applications regarding my course work and that is much important for a Graduate Mechanical Engineering student.Maily faculty of Mechanical engineering are very friendly with the students and they helped me a lot regarding my course work.I felt so comfortable in both working there and my also regarding my education.
Admissions
Academic Advisor, Office of Admissions and Records (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 28, 2017
Working while in school was the best. Learned very early was management was about. Working environment great loved every bit of it
TSU is Opportunity
TV Host and Producer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 14, 2017
Our instructor was very thorough in pre production, post production, and our coordinating shows.
Each person was properly trained on cameras, sound board, producing and script writing.
Each person also trained as Tech Director, Television Host, Screenwriting and Floor directing
Tsu
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Loved it, Great People. Great place to work, and give great raises. My boss is very understanding, he cooks for the whole office sometimes, or take us all out lunch. Love to interact with the students, and answer phone calls to help others.
Nice, relaxed atmosphere and peaceful
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 5, 2017
Good environment to learn and grow, supportive faculty who take interest in students growth beyond the academic scene. Paper work and administration needs a little work, grossly under staffed and inefficient in that department.
Pros
Good location (not far from downtown)
Gave me everything
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2017
TSU is everything to me.
It gave me the opportunity to be what I am today.
I won't trade my memories of TSU for anything else in life.
It has been great so far.
The overall rating review of employment for each job was wonderful.
Instructor & Clinical Director of Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2017
The typical day and most enjoyable part of any job I have worked involve completing goals set in a reasonable time frame to keep the business day successful while collaboratively working with others of various backgrounds.
Daily Activities at TSU
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 11, 2017
The typical days activities went by whatever the theme of the week was. While in the classrooms I learned about different forms of assessments as well as a new way to do lesson plans. The hard part was sometimes dealing with the management because they are accustom to their ways they did not welcome new ways of teaching. The most enjoyable part was the children and how I saw them grasp onto information.
It was work study
Workout Class Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 5, 2017
It was very easy because it was work study. All we had to do was check the areas come back and study. Thats it. You got to use the gym on duty if someone else worked with you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2