Tennessee State University Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 5, 2016
Work is easy and mostly fun. It is fun because, I love my job and I love what I do. I have learned a lot of things especially working with different people mostly about the campus and all of opportunities. My manager is awesome she always works hard, and my co workers are cool I mostly help and show the new people what to do. The hardest part of my job is getting people stuck out of the elevator in the dorm. The most enjoyable part of my job is just working I general and working with my co workers.
Pros
Have our own cafeteria
Cons
bad pest
Great school for training
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2016
Its an excellent center to learn all about agriculture and research. The scientist there are extremely patient and passionate about thier research.
Furnishing Telecom knowledge
Research Assistant, Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 26, 2015
Where I started my career as a Telecom engineer in Core Network. Day by day sharpened my knowledge and began to be the leader of a team then manger of a Team.
Small Job
Mathematic Research Participant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 29, 2016
I was only given a small, one month research position. They offered a decent stipend and provided room and board. I would definitely recommend working there for other summer endeavors.
Senior Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work is productive with contracts and customer service. What I've learned it to build relationships and that having the skill of multitasking can take your efforts a long way. My co-workers are very helpful and are willing to share knowledge. The hardest part of my job is actually making sure that others are doing their job so that my job can be done. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that all contracts have been signed and everyone will be paid.
Pros
There are no micromanagers.
Cons
The communication environment is very low and needs stregthening.
Its a cool place to work wonderful people
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2016
very hard working people
a pretty laid back job
you will meet a lot of people from everywhere
I enjoyed this job working hand and hand with the student to help better the future
Review
Administrative Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2016
This is a great school to attend. I liked it you will love it. Small classes and one on one attention from professors. They are very welcoming. I would recommend this school for students to attend.
Education
Graduate Admissions Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2016
Tennessee State was a great place to work. I had the pleasure of seeing students reach their goals. TSU is part of the state so they do have good employee perks. Enjoyed working at TSU.
awesome
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2016
I got the job during my senior year and really enjoy the professor i work. The lab has great atmosphere and good place to go to school and work.
Pros
Great place to learn lot.
Cons
pay could be better.
Employs some of the best Science Professors around
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2016
The science department has some of the most caring and motivated professors. They work hard to push the students to their fullest capacity.
great place
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNApril 29, 2016
awesome place to work. Love the staff and coworkers. very friendly place to work. Students are exceptional and kind. really challange you to stay on your toes.
Lab Assistant
IT Dept. Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 9, 2016
Work was fun and exciting. Helped students to achieve academia goals as well as technical support with pcs and printing.
pleased
Full Professor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2015
* A typical day is working all day.
* I learned that professional interactions can be beyond
prejudices and biases.
* very supportive management system
* Hardest part of job was commuting to the department. The city is very spread geographically which is relative for every individual.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is the credibility that I feel with doing the research.
Very quite work atmospher
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2016
You can work at your own past. all paper work requires organization. job requires you to pay close attention to detail. great job for a grad student who want to stay productive.
I enjoyed being an adjunct faculty member here on staff.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville TnSeptember 10, 2015
My time working for Tennessee State University as an adjunct faculty member was a exciting time being able to teach at the clinical level on mechanical ventialation,arterial blood gases, and hemodynamic monitoring with my students in their respiratory therapy program. I mainly was based out of St.Thomas West Hospital's facility and was able to teach my students in Critical Care and up on the regular floors with enteraction between the patients and my students. This was also a prn job as well.
Pros
Loved teaching at the clinical level in mechanical ventilation, arterial blood gases, and hemodynamic monitoring.
Cons
Some of the students never purchased their textbooks for the required course.
Productive and Collaborative Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2015
High-caliber research is done every day by means of collaborative efforts with other universities. Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.
Volunteer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNDecember 17, 2015
I enjoy the entry,managing, interpretation and the analysis of data using GIS and other statistical software such as SAS, SPSS and STATA.
Awesome place to work!!
Research Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2015
I would definitely recommend Tennessee State University as a place of employment! They have a superb work environment, and I felt as if I was going to work with my family.
bored
Student Success Center- Tutoring Tiger Office Aid (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2015
it was Work-study so i go to class help out the professor sign in students and studied during that time. work was easy and laid back
Great workplace, good co-workers and fantastic patients {students}
Head Nurse, Student Health Services (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 4, 2012
-A typical day at work included providing preventive methods against illness
-I learned teaching students self-care equaled better health
-Management allowed great autonomy to complete my job
--Had some of the best co-workers ever
-The hardest part of the job was leaving, moving on to something new
The most enjoyable part of the job was service to to the college population; helping my patients to care for themselves
Pros
work environment, relationships w/ other healthcare organiztions, job benefits - such as health insurance, week ends off, holidays, etc.
Cons
participation on numerous committees

4.3