Tennessee State University Employee Reviews

Excellent experience gained working with students having both high and low incidence disabilites.
Student Teacher (Former Employee), Bordeaux Elementary SchoolAugust 17, 2015
Student teaching experience working with elementary students in a self-contained setting and providing support for incusion. This was not a paid position.
pleased
Full Professor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2015
* A typical day is working all day.
* I learned that professional interactions can be beyond
prejudices and biases.
* very supportive management system
* Hardest part of job was commuting to the department. The city is very spread geographically which is relative for every individual.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is the credibility that I feel with doing the research.
Life of teaching and learning
Adjunct Graduate Instructor (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 19, 2015
Pros: Cost to students is low
Cons: Online courses are technically in need of updating, over loaded classes
I teach online graduate courses for the Tennessee board of Regence and I am an adjunct instructor of graduate courses at Tennessee State University.
Tennesee State University
Receptionist ( Work Aid) College of Engineering (Former Employee), Nashville,TNJune 11, 2015
Pros: working independently
Cons: strenous powerpoints
Working here was an experience and I learned alot about clerical positions. A day at work was slow depending on how many students needed to speack with the department head. The most challenging part about this job was preparing powerpoints for professors at their educational level., The most enjoyable part was making my own schedule, just as long as I completed the right amount of hours.
interesting
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 13, 2015
Conducting basic research in cotton genotyping and assist in other administrative work. Very interesting and hardworking advisor. I have other lab mates who sometimes assist me in my work.
fun and productive working environment
GIS Research Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: educating environment
Great management and supervision, highly motivating learning environment and highly challenging research and scientific activities are among the best experiences I had. most enjoyable part of the job is that I love map making which I really do at work!
Rewarding
Research Assistant II (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Each day I would meet with pregnant women or mothers and their children. I would analyze their dietary recall and go over any needed improvements.
great place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 14, 2015
awesome place to work, everyone is friendly and open to new ideas. Working here is a dream come true, there's no need to move out to anywhere else.
Productive, great learning environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 10, 2015
• Modified and Reformatted Field Education Manual
• Assisted with website maintenance for the School of Social Work
• Assisted with interactive web technology for graduate students
• Researched grant information for the Center on Aging Research and Education Services
• Gathered data and completed quarterly reports for educational departments under Title III grant
• Completed additional administrative duties as assigned
Very Positive
Intramural Sports Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 31, 2015
It was a very positive working place. Very doable work and manage and conduct business as according to scheduled. I can say I like this job.
Great
Member of the OVC (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great team work with co workers
Cons: travels alot
Graduate Assistant Coach
• Member of the OVC 2015 Championship Staff
• Team Statistician
• Responsible for conducting scouting reports
• Involved with recruiting of players
• Responsible for player skill development
• Assisted Director of Operations
• Coordinate student workers for team
Great Education
Undergrad Asst. (Former Employee), Nashville TNMarch 13, 2015
A historic school for a reason. I enjoyed the culture and the professors. The football coaches taught me a lot about the game and having character.
Great place to gain experience
Administrative Assistant - Summer Intern (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2015
Conducted Product presentations, needs assessment, contract negotiation, utilizing closing technique and answering technical product knowledge questions
Workplace Enviorment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: decrease tuition, free living arangements, and stipen.
Cons: if you do not utilize time management then you will not succeed with this company.
There was no day that ended nor start the same. Everyday was hands on with students, parents, and faculty. Management was willing to help and make sure you as well as the students received all the help needed to become successful in the future. This job rely heavily on availability and customer service
Good place to work and grow
Help Desk Consultant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: payed well
Cons: my contract ended
I enjoyed my time there at TSU. I learned some about Apple products and helped lots of others.
Fun environment
Work Study Employee (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working hands on with the department heads and Dean of the Health Science Department. Whatever they needed, I provided assistance.
learned about self
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 11, 2015
this job has taught me patience like no other, but I will say that I have gained a great of info about being tidy, and working efficiently alone and with other people
Knowledgeable and Supportive Faculty
Research Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 23, 2014
Fun place to work unfortunately the Biology department got the short end of the stick and has not as many research resources.
Great Place to work, provide great opportunity for students to work and pay through school
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2014
Tennessee State University provides employment opportunities to students so they can work and school environment while they pay through school.
I enjoy my work.
Research Asst. at Intelligent Controls Systems Lab (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 3, 2014
I always look forward to going to work the next day. I have been working and learning at the same pace. It pays to be paid to do what you are passionate about.