Tennessee State University Employee Reviews

Furnishing Telecom knowledge
Research Assistant, Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 26, 2015
Where I started my career as a Telecom engineer in Core Network. Day by day sharpened my knowledge and began to be the leader of a team then manger of a Team.
Volunteer Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville,TNDecember 17, 2015
I enjoy the entry,managing, interpretation and the analysis of data using GIS and other statistical software such as SAS, SPSS and STATA.
Productive and Collaborative Environment
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 11, 2015
High-caliber research is done every day by means of collaborative efforts with other universities. Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.
Senior Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 11, 2015
A typical day at work is productive with contracts and customer service. What I've learned it to build relationships and that having the skill of multitasking can take your efforts a long way. My co-workers are very helpful and are willing to share knowledge. The hardest part of my job is actually making sure that others are doing their job so that my job can be done. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that all contracts have been signed and everyone will be paid.
Pros
There are no micromanagers.
Cons
The communication environment is very low and needs stregthening.
bored
Student Success Center- Tutoring Tiger Office Aid (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 10, 2015
it was Work-study so i go to class help out the professor sign in students and studied during that time. work was easy and laid back
Awesome place to work!!
Research Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 3, 2015
I would definitely recommend Tennessee State University as a place of employment! They have a superb work environment, and I felt as if I was going to work with my family.
Great place to learn a diverse level of skills
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2015
TSU's IT department is a great place to evolve into a great employee. They give you the option to go above and beyond your current level of knowledge.
Fun University
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 13, 2015
I had free reign in my classroom. The best part of the job is interacting with students. The hardest part of the job is trying to build confidence in students.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Limited ability to grow
Tennessee State University Review
Call Center Director (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2015
Typical work day, managing staff of 5 representatives in the help desk and call center, identifying trends, resolving escalations, preparing reports, meeting with staff and other departments
I enjoyed being an adjunct faculty member here on staff.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville TnSeptember 10, 2015
My time working for Tennessee State University as an adjunct faculty member was a exciting time being able to teach at the clinical level on mechanical ventialation,arterial blood gases, and hemodynamic monitoring with my students in their respiratory therapy program. I mainly was based out of St.Thomas West Hospital's facility and was able to teach my students in Critical Care and up on the regular floors with enteraction between the patients and my students. This was also a prn job as well.
Pros
Loved teaching at the clinical level in mechanical ventilation, arterial blood gases, and hemodynamic monitoring.
Cons
Some of the students never purchased their textbooks for the required course.
Excellent experience gained working with students having both high and low incidence disabilites.
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bordeaux Elementary SchoolAugust 17, 2015
Student teaching experience working with elementary students in a self-contained setting and providing support for incusion. This was not a paid position.
pleased
Full Professor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 16, 2015
* A typical day is working all day.
* I learned that professional interactions can be beyond
prejudices and biases.
* very supportive management system
* Hardest part of job was commuting to the department. The city is very spread geographically which is relative for every individual.
* The most enjoyable part of the job is the credibility that I feel with doing the research.
Life of teaching and learning
Adjunct Graduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 19, 2015
I teach online graduate courses for the Tennessee board of Regence and I am an adjunct instructor of graduate courses at Tennessee State University.
Pros
Cost to students is low
Cons
Online courses are technically in need of updating, over loaded classes
Tennesee State University
Receptionist ( Work Aid) College of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TNJune 11, 2015
Working here was an experience and I learned alot about clerical positions. A day at work was slow depending on how many students needed to speack with the department head. The most challenging part about this job was preparing powerpoints for professors at their educational level., The most enjoyable part was making my own schedule, just as long as I completed the right amount of hours.
Pros
working independently
Cons
strenous powerpoints
interesting
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 13, 2015
Conducting basic research in cotton genotyping and assist in other administrative work. Very interesting and hardworking advisor. I have other lab mates who sometimes assist me in my work.
fun and productive working environment
GIS Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Great management and supervision, highly motivating learning environment and highly challenging research and scientific activities are among the best experiences I had. most enjoyable part of the job is that I love map making which I really do at work!
Pros
educating environment
Rewarding
Research Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 4, 2015
Each day I would meet with pregnant women or mothers and their children. I would analyze their dietary recall and go over any needed improvements.
great place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 14, 2015
awesome place to work, everyone is friendly and open to new ideas. Working here is a dream come true, there's no need to move out to anywhere else.
Productive, great learning environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 10, 2015
• Modified and Reformatted Field Education Manual
• Assisted with website maintenance for the School of Social Work
• Assisted with interactive web technology for graduate students
• Researched grant information for the Center on Aging Research and Education Services
• Gathered data and completed quarterly reports for educational departments under Title III grant
• Completed additional administrative duties as assigned
Very Positive
Intramural Sports Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 31, 2015
It was a very positive working place. Very doable work and manage and conduct business as according to scheduled. I can say I like this job.

4.3