Tennessee Technological University Employee Reviews

Minority Affairs
Minority Affairs Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 9, 2016
Amazing experience at Tennessee Tech. It has develop who I am as a career seeking woman. I am passionate about my education back ground and very proud.
Offers a great education at an affordable price
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
It's a steady job with a nice environment. If you want to know more about working here, talk to one of the many employees here.
Wonderful environment with great staff
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 26, 2016
I have learned about different policies that the university has. I have enjoyed the staff and faculty there at this great institution. They have given me the qualities and skills of being a great professional leader and advice that is offered at the university. The hardest challenge was that I had to make sure that certain documents that had names or credit card numbers were on a bank statement, I had to make sure that I did not leave it sitting anywhere. I had to scan the documents to a back up file so in case if the department had an audit and something was missing then they had the file on a hard drive just incase they needed it for the audit.
Pros
Leadership programs
Simple and easy work for a college work study student.
College Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Cookville, TNMarch 22, 2016
My college work study experience has been wonderful. I have learn a lot within the different departments that I have encounter during my whole college career. I got to meet many upper management people and as well as many other college students. I would use these people as a good connections or references in the future.
Pros
Easy and understandable work
Cons
minimum wage pay and repetitive work
Exciting work in numerous areas.
Field Experience (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 15, 2016
There was no typical work day due to the rotation through different work sites such as hospitals, health departments, clinics, foodservice operations, and much more. I was allowed to practice my knowledge gained over the past four years at Tennessee Tech and learn new skills one only could with hands-on application. All of the preceptors and staff involved were incredibly helpful and facilitated a comfortable learning environment for all students. What was most enjoyable was getting to experience the variety of positions available to someone with a degree in nutrition and dietetics.
Pros
Networking opportunities and real world experience.
Cons
No cons to be listed.
Assistant Lecturer
Office of the Provost (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 3, 2016
Taught section of Principles of Management containing thirty students.
 Administered quizzes; graded papers; helped students prepare term papers and reports.
Fun place to work and get knowledge
Senior Project Coordinator & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 19, 2015
Work & life balance will be pretty good,
No pressure of work,
Cooperative and encouraging management.
Friendly co-students.
Pros
Pretty good place to work.
Cons
No cons as it is an educational institute
A true community university
Information Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 20, 2015
My experience is in a part-time capacity, but it has been very enjoyable. Because I work on the website, I have great flexibility with my work schedule.
I have recently graduated from TTU myself, so it is great feeling to be able to give back and remain a part of the environment.
I've learned valuable skills such as HTML and CSS, and working with MODx, a content management system.
My co-workers are wonderful to work with and value the job that I do to enhance the usability and visual appeal of their web pages. The hardest part is the daily challenge of making sure everything works correctly.
An excellent learning environment for inexperienced engineering students
Workstation Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Friendly co-workers that work very well as a team. There was plenty of opportunities to learn new software like AutoCAD, Inventor, or MATLAB. It was at this job where I was able to learn most of engineering software packages. I also enjoyed assisting students with any assignment that involved AutoCAD, Inventor or MATLAB. I also enjoyed helping students in courses in Dynamics,Statics, Mechanics of Materials, and etc.
Great Place
Physics Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
This is a nice quaint university. This has everything you need. This may not be a top tier research university, but the people here genuinely care about their students.
Productive and Enjoyable Work Place
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 24, 2015
Productive work place with lots of enjoyment. Environment is very nice and coworkers are also good. Doesn't seems like you are away from your home. Very supportive management.
A fun place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 23, 2015
I was a research assistant. The cost of living was so cheap compared to my stipend I lived like a king! That was a long time ago; however, and I don't know if it is still true today.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  CookevilleJuly 21, 2015
Was and RA so I had to go on rounds every day that at worked which was 7PM, 10PM, and 12AM. Was on duty from 7PM-7AM. I learned to embrace my creative side and the hardest part was living at your job. Because I felt like I had no privacy.
Unpredictable, challenging, and enjoyable - a perfect job
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 22, 2015
As a students at TTU, I balanced full-time classes and several part-time jobs; this was one of them. A typical day could include anything from teaching a bewildered freshman the intricacies of Spanish verb conjugations, cleaning marker boards, explaining Honors contracts, thesis, enrichment, and colloquia to only slightly less bewildered sophomores, grading tests, designing flyers, regulating computer lab usage, brewing coffee, or decluttering classified office spaces. For me the unpredictable business was the best part. My bosses were always accommodating of my student schedule, but nonetheless expected me to fulfill the rigorous duties I had taken upon myself. It seemed like nearly every day I was asked to complete a task which pushed me slightly outside of my comfort zone, increasing my knowledge and skills with regards to teaching, computers, organization, and interpersonal communication. As the senior assistant, I was additionally privileged to direct younger students, an aspect of the job which I particularly enjoyed as it allowed me to listen to my co-workers, evaluate their skills and their desires, and put together projects that encouraged each of them to hone their known skills while also acquiring new ones.
Pros
flexible schedule, long breaks
Cons
not enough hours, pay
I teach swim lessons.
Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 18, 2015
I teach swim lessons as a second job on my days off. The hardest part of the job is fitting clients schedules in with my own schedule. Because i work two jobs sometimes my days off conflict with others schedules. The best part about teaching swim lessons is the smiles on little kids faces when they realize they can swim by themselves. It lets me know I have done my job.
Great place to balance work and school
Graduate Student (Current Employee) –  Cookeville TNMay 14, 2015
Tech has been a great place to work at due to the fact that they are very understanding of the balance that students must have with school and work. Working at Tech has helped pay my way through all of my college. They have very flexible hours and were very accommodating to a busy student schedule.
Great Experience
Lab Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 7, 2015
I worked at TTU as a chemistry lab instructor. This job included working with professors, graduate students, and/or undergraduate students. It was very fulfilling to help young students learn. However, the only downside of this job was often who you worked with. Most co-workers were great, but sometimes the labs were very disorganized.
Good place to work while attending school
Civil Engineering Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Student employees are assigned to a department or professor. Since it was a job for a state-funded organization, the pay was low, but the work was academically stimulating.
Needs to pay attention to the details
Student Full Stack Developer (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 18, 2015
I was a student software engineer for the Information Technology department. I was able to manage and complete projects relatively easily but once requirements were met the data generated was not properly handled.
Learning Experience
Lab Assistant, McDearmen Basic Circuits Lab (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 18, 2015
It was learning experience for me. designing and running the circuits was really fun when see the final output on the screen. Sharing the same with the students was even more awesome.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennessee Technological University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4