Tennessee Technological University Employee Reviews

A fun place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJuly 23, 2015
I was a research assistant. The cost of living was so cheap compared to my stipend I lived like a king! That was a long time ago; however, and I don't know if it is still true today.
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), CookevilleJuly 21, 2015
Was and RA so I had to go on rounds every day that at worked which was 7PM, 10PM, and 12AM. Was on duty from 7PM-7AM. I learned to embrace my creative side and the hardest part was living at your job. Because I felt like I had no privacy.
Unpredictable, challenging, and enjoyable - a perfect job
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJune 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, long breaks
Cons: not enough hours, pay
As a students at TTU, I balanced full-time classes and several part-time jobs; this was one of them. A typical day could include anything from teaching a bewildered freshman the intricacies of Spanish verb conjugations, cleaning marker boards, explaining Honors contracts, thesis, enrichment, and colloquia to only slightly less bewildered sophomores, grading tests, designing flyers, regulating computer lab usage, brewing coffee, or decluttering classified office spaces. For me the unpredictable business was the best part. My bosses were always accommodating of my student schedule, but nonetheless expected me to fulfill the rigorous duties I had taken upon myself. It seemed like nearly every day I was asked to complete a task which pushed me slightly outside of my comfort zone, increasing my knowledge and skills with regards to teaching, computers, organization, and interpersonal communication. As the senior assistant, I was additionally privileged to direct younger students, an aspect of the job which I particularly enjoyed as it allowed me to listen to my co-workers, evaluate their skills and their desires, and put together projects that encouraged each of them to hone their known skills while also acquiring new ones.
I teach swim lessons.
Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNJune 18, 2015
I teach swim lessons as a second job on my days off. The hardest part of the job is fitting clients schedules in with my own schedule. Because i work two jobs sometimes my days off conflict with others schedules. The best part about teaching swim lessons is the smiles on little kids faces when they realize they can swim by themselves. It lets me know I have done my job.
Great place to balance work and school
Graduate Student (Current Employee), Cookeville TNMay 14, 2015
Tech has been a great place to work at due to the fact that they are very understanding of the balance that students must have with school and work. Working at Tech has helped pay my way through all of my college. They have very flexible hours and were very accommodating to a busy student schedule.
Great Experience
Lab Instructor (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNApril 7, 2015
I worked at TTU as a chemistry lab instructor. This job included working with professors, graduate students, and/or undergraduate students. It was very fulfilling to help young students learn. However, the only downside of this job was often who you worked with. Most co-workers were great, but sometimes the labs were very disorganized.
Good place to work while attending school
Civil Engineering Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Student employees are assigned to a department or professor. Since it was a job for a state-funded organization, the pay was low, but the work was academically stimulating.
Needs to pay attention to the details
Student Full Stack Developer (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNFebruary 18, 2015
I was a student software engineer for the Information Technology department. I was able to manage and complete projects relatively easily but once requirements were met the data generated was not properly handled.
Learning Experience
Lab Assistant, McDearmen Basic Circuits Lab (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good pay.
Cons: none.
It was learning experience for me. designing and running the circuits was really fun when see the final output on the screen. Sharing the same with the students was even more awesome.
Fantastic school with great Exercise Science Department.
Graduate Assistant, Weight-Training Teacher (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNMay 26, 2014
Tennessee Technological University provides a great environment. I have been a Graduate Assistant in the EXPW Department for the past year and a half and have greatly enjoyed teaching the weight training classes here. A day at work entails teaching the women's and advanced weight training classes, helping assist teachers in grading and presenting to classes. We also organize and help with Special Olympic events. Co-workers of mine consist of the other Graduate Assistants as well as the rest of the Exercise Science Faculty. The hardest part of my job is the core work for my graduate studies including big research projects, while the easiest is teaching because I enjoy it so much.
Great
Student (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNMarch 21, 2014
Great Atmosphere with great people around you. Am a full-time student.
Great place for student workers to learn
Administrative IT Support (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNMarch 17, 2014
While working at TTU as a student worker, I had the privilege of working with IT Services interfacing with faculty and staff. The management in this department is very understanding and willing to work with whatever schedule you may have.
Rewarding and Educational
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNMarch 5, 2014
Tennessee Technological University was rewarding and educational. I enjoyed getting to teach my skills to others.
Friendly set your own pace
Intern (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great personalities, friendly, helpful
Cons: departmental fund shortage.
I worked alone. I gave reports at the end of day on how my progress was coming. I came and went for lunch and breaks. I set my own time and schedule.
scientific and fiendly place to work
Research Assistant, Chemical Engineering (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNJanuary 2, 2014
TTU Chemical and civil engineering department are the best place for graduate student to work!
Invigorating place to work
Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNDecember 14, 2013
It is a pleasure working with the students on a day to day basis. But it can get rather challenging to have a personal life outside of work. I have had a lot of fun and I believe I have had a great experience.
Great management, Great college job
Help Desk (Former Employee), Cookeville,TNJune 27, 2013
Worked with other students, while maintianing the computer lab.
Nice academic and research institute.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNJune 8, 2013
Technically sound
Good Research environment
Helpful Faculties
support
Information Technology Service Internship (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJune 2, 2013
I worked at Tntech. I finished 150 hours. I worked on share point, and installing operating system,
productive
laboratory assistant (Current Employee), CookevilleMay 16, 2013
A great institution. Great students. Very good professors. A calm and conducive place to study.