Tennessee Technological University Employee Reviews

productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 21, 2017
A fun and good place to work.

relaxed environment.

Management good

Supervisor in chemical engineering great.

A mid size school and environment with a lot of fun places
Decent Teaching Assistant position
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Basically helped the professor perform his/her job more efficiently. Taught some classes, helped students, and ensured safety of students during laboratory experiments.
Pros
Not very Stressful
Cons
sometimes a lot of work
Nice University
Director (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 9, 2017
The University is a good place to work. Faculty and staff are friendly. The benefits are great, and the employment is stable. Students are easy to work with and appreciative of your investment.
Best Workplace
Administrative Assistant and Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 19, 2017
The workplace is friendly, safe and very family oriented. If you enjoyed working in higher education, TTU is the best place to work. You will enjoy the collegiate atmosphere.
good
Soccer Referee (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 19, 2017
nice environment , kind people , kids are willing to learn and very respectful , nice classes and safe environment for kids to learn and build friendship
Productive and fast paced environment
INTRAMURAL OFFICIAL (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 6, 2017
Overall, Tennessee Tech University is a excellent workplace. The supervisors are well trained and take their employees into account with each decision they make.
Overall Good
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 30, 2017
Feels like busywork sometimes, but the greatest thing is building a community within the halls and bonding with your residents. Good fit for a people-person.
fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMay 21, 2017
This was a very fun place to work at. I had no complaints with the two jobs I worked here. Everyone is loving and they takes good care of their employees.
Good educational institution
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Great education institution to work for. I enjoyed teaching at this institution. The staff were cordial; however, the drive was crueling from my home. But I was able to work from home most days.
Great Atmosphere
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 8, 2017
Always in the gym, doing something I was very passionate about.

Hardest part of the job was knowing what all of the coaches were expecting you to do. Essentially having to read their brains and know the next step before they said it.

Easiest part was being in the gym and always around the game of basketball and working with other student assistants.
Pros
Paid for tuition, learned more about college basketball and how to manage a business
Cons
Long hours and always traveling
Minority Affairs
Minority Affairs Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 9, 2016
Amazing experience at Tennessee Tech. It has develop who I am as a career seeking woman. I am passionate about my education back ground and very proud.
Offers a great education at an affordable price
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 29, 2016
It's a steady job with a nice environment. If you want to know more about working here, talk to one of the many employees here.
Wonderful environment with great staff
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 26, 2016
I have learned about different policies that the university has. I have enjoyed the staff and faculty there at this great institution. They have given me the qualities and skills of being a great professional leader and advice that is offered at the university. The hardest challenge was that I had to make sure that certain documents that had names or credit card numbers were on a bank statement, I had to make sure that I did not leave it sitting anywhere. I had to scan the documents to a back up file so in case if the department had an audit and something was missing then they had the file on a hard drive just incase they needed it for the audit.
Pros
Leadership programs
Simple and easy work for a college work study student.
College Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Cookville, TNMarch 22, 2016
My college work study experience has been wonderful. I have learn a lot within the different departments that I have encounter during my whole college career. I got to meet many upper management people and as well as many other college students. I would use these people as a good connections or references in the future.
Pros
Easy and understandable work
Cons
minimum wage pay and repetitive work
Exciting work in numerous areas.
Field Experience (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 15, 2016
There was no typical work day due to the rotation through different work sites such as hospitals, health departments, clinics, foodservice operations, and much more. I was allowed to practice my knowledge gained over the past four years at Tennessee Tech and learn new skills one only could with hands-on application. All of the preceptors and staff involved were incredibly helpful and facilitated a comfortable learning environment for all students. What was most enjoyable was getting to experience the variety of positions available to someone with a degree in nutrition and dietetics.
Pros
Networking opportunities and real world experience.
Cons
No cons to be listed.
Assistant Lecturer
Office of the Provost (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 3, 2016
Taught section of Principles of Management containing thirty students.
 Administered quizzes; graded papers; helped students prepare term papers and reports.
Fun place to work and get knowledge
Senior Project Coordinator & Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 19, 2015
Work & life balance will be pretty good,
No pressure of work,
Cooperative and encouraging management.
Friendly co-students.
Pros
Pretty good place to work.
Cons
No cons as it is an educational institute
A true community university
Information Technology Associate (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNNovember 20, 2015
My experience is in a part-time capacity, but it has been very enjoyable. Because I work on the website, I have great flexibility with my work schedule.
I have recently graduated from TTU myself, so it is great feeling to be able to give back and remain a part of the environment.
I've learned valuable skills such as HTML and CSS, and working with MODx, a content management system.
My co-workers are wonderful to work with and value the job that I do to enhance the usability and visual appeal of their web pages. The hardest part is the daily challenge of making sure everything works correctly.
An excellent learning environment for inexperienced engineering students
Workstation Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Friendly co-workers that work very well as a team. There was plenty of opportunities to learn new software like AutoCAD, Inventor, or MATLAB. It was at this job where I was able to learn most of engineering software packages. I also enjoyed assisting students with any assignment that involved AutoCAD, Inventor or MATLAB. I also enjoyed helping students in courses in Dynamics,Statics, Mechanics of Materials, and etc.
Great Place
Physics Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNSeptember 2, 2015
This is a nice quaint university. This has everything you need. This may not be a top tier research university, but the people here genuinely care about their students.