Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

see below
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 31, 2017
Conservative culture. Need strategies for a more inclusive workplace & should identify managers not following company values. Great work flow training.
Pros
Flexible and age diversity
Cons
strict dress code
Good environment, not so great pay
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 28, 2017
The work environment is nice, I met several good people I consider friends in my time there. My biggest complaint is they were hiring in new people making over a dollar more and hour than me without any previous experience (I had been there almost 4yrs). When I asked for a pay bump due to my training in several areas, I was given 4 different answers by 4 different members of management. They will train you in several areas, but just know your pay will not increase due to your capabilities and ability to help in several areas. If pay or moving up isn't an issue, it's the perfect place for part-time.
Pros
benefits, good people
Cons
pay
Same statement as before. TN Valley is a great company to work for.
IRA/HSA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2017
Leaders and Management were very involved in helping you strive to your potential and raise that bar as well. Co-workers were engaging and friendly to everyone.
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 14, 2016
I only worked for this company for 2 years but enjoyed it very much. This is a company that looks after their people with holiday bonuses, profit sharing, and growth opportunities. I enjoyed working with many people in all levels of this company. Great training.
Good company, but good talent overlooked
Financial Sales Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 2, 2016
Great place to work if you're not looking to advance or excel. Company tends to overlook great talent, seems to focus more on upper level management rather than promoting growth within capable staff at the branch level
Pros
Great company, great people, great members
Cons
Potential for advancement is little or null
Co-workers really uplift each other in my department.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2014
A typical day at work consist of transferring funds, dealing with irate members regarding their balances and trouble-shooting online banking website issues/debit card declines.
Loved working in the call center
FINANCIAL CONSULTANT II (Current Employee) –  Kimball, TNJuly 13, 2014
Provided me with the ability to advance and always willing to help
Good company, great benefits. nice people
Financial Service Consultant II (Current Employee) –  tennesseeMarch 22, 2014
Good company, great benefits, provide insurance, clothing allowance, nice people.
Friendly, typical mortgage processing evironment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Temporary Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2014
Great people, friendly and very experienced. Long-term staff members that really got along well together.
Pros
Everyone in that department are awesome cooks and they like to share
Cons
Pay could be higher
Teller
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 17, 2014
Love the work

Good people to work with

Like it would go back

chattanooga Tn
Great place to work.
FINANCIAL SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  chattanooga, tnOctober 1, 2013
-Greet and assist customers with their transactions.
-Team work is easy to do when you have others willing to help out as well. They do they fish philosophy. It's a great training.
-Co-workers were great and loved their job.
-Leaving.
-Working at the Chattanooga location.
Pros
great benefits, good pay, and good boss
Cons
parking far away
Nice people. Great work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 20, 2013
I was brought in for a summer job for TVFCU. I helped them to organize documents that had piled up over the course of about a year and filed them in their database.

Management was great. They were very supportive and weren't irritable with you when you had a question. My co-workers had the same type of up-beat attitude, which really lightened up the mood in the relatively small office space.

The hardest part of the job was staying out of other people's way. They did not have a separate office space for me, so I ended up in the copy room right next to the copier. The copier was very popular, so trying to keep my chair and myself out of the way was a little difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such up-beat and happy people. They really seemed to enjoy what they were doing and took an interest in each other. A really great work environment.
Wonderful place to work with great benefits!
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN.September 4, 2013
This is a wonderful place to work with some of the greatest people in Chattanooga! The benefits provided by this company are second to none! The only downfall of this company is the compensation. The company is a non profit company and is just unable to compete with other financial companies in the compensation side. The job security is great. Once your in your there until you decide to leave. Unfortunately this leads to very little chance for advancement. However with that being said this is the best place I have ever had the opportunity to be a part of and I wish I had been able to financially afford to stay there!!
Pros
Great work enviornment with great benefits!
Cons
Little chance for advancement and low compenation.