Tennova Healthcare

Tennova Healthcare Employer Reviews

Fast paced, great co workers, poor management.
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: constant one on one interractions with people
Cons: very poor managment
A typical day in Patient Access consists of registering every patient that comes into the ER or Outpatient either to be seen by a doctor or a procedure they are scheduled to have. In the ER, you must have all patient information, insurance cards, ID, and documents into the system, arm band placed on the patient, and their name on the tracking board for the ER nurses to see. all of this within 3 minutes.
I learned a lot of data entry systems, verifying and reading health and auto insurance, very fast typing skills, effective ways to better speed up productivity without reducing quality, and how to balance many different things at once.
On the other hand, management was , regretfully, very, very poor. The manager that hired me promised me a full-time position 8 to 4:30, day-time position.T This is why I left a great job to work there, promised a better opportunity to better my life for my daughter. When I started training, that was true. As soon as I was out of training I was placed on PRN with very few days and very late shifts. when I told my manager about the change he said there was nothing he could do even though he did admit upon hire, I did in fact tell him I could only work days given my situation being a single parent with no one to watch her past 7pm. Turns out it did not matter to him because he was moving to a different hospital and our new manager did not like working at this location. in return, any requests that any co worker asked of her she would make sure to go against and opposite of what was asked. my shifts became later and later even past 1am some nights. – more... I confronted her many times about the issue and she said it was not her responsibility on what she scheduled us and how it affects our life outside of work. she also threatened everyone's jobs every week and has even told some associates that she was going to begin firing all of the current associates at tennova to bring in her previous group from another location because that location is going to be closed down. since I have left, 5 people (including assistant manager) have lost their jobs and she has replaced them with her previous employees at the other location. I believe this is morally wrong and she should not have this kind of power. this is why I left tennova healthcare systems and will never return.

I loved almost every person I worked with there. I got a long with all of them pretty well.

The hardest part of the job was having a brand new patient who had never been there before register in the ER given the time frame we have to enter their information in. especially based on a severe case.

the most enjoyable part of my job was the patient interaction, being able to still make a patient smile even when obviously they were having a bad day. I pride myself on people leaving with a better feeling and attitude then they came with because of interaction. I also enjoyed typing on the computer and verifying insurance. I love office work, and always have as a child helping out at my mother's office!

I really did love my job, but I believe a leader should honestly care for the people they are leading. I think they should focus on the people they have and not outwardly say and hurt people just because they don't like the location they are at. Letting people go for no reason that have been with the company much longer than the leader has is wrong and to tell people after firing that person that you only did it so you could bring in a "buddy" from another location is very wrong and I wont work in a place like that. – less
They just laid me off in April from this position
Ex-pharmacy technician in employee pharmacy (Current Employee), KnoxvilleOctober 6, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: unprofessional, no loyalty for good work
April 26 2013 tennova employee pharmacy laid me off due to budget cuts and now they are taking applications for my job. Don't trust this company they will drop u like a bad habit. I was not a bad employee I was the only one in the whole department laid off..

This pharmacy is going under and I don't think the job will be there next year so don't waste your time and energy!!!!
Unethical
Staff nurse (Current Employee), PRMC (old St. Mary )July 7, 2013
Pros: staff relations
Cons: upper management harassment
This company facilitates nepotism to its fullest. There are managers hired with less than 3 years of nursing experience and without proper educational credentials.

They hire there new grad nurse friends and tell other experienced nurses they need more experience.

They allow managers to bully staff and harass staff. They took away vacation accrual and blamed it on the government. Not even the federal organizations are taking away employee benefits.

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IN KNOXVILLE. TN.
A productive work place in my department.
Orders Management Department (Current Employee), Knoxville TNJuly 7, 2013
Pros: heathcare benefits
Cons: no pto benefits
A typical day at work is checking the order reports for the day of for each facility. I call and send fax requests to doctor offices to obtain the out patient orders before the patient arrives for their appointment. I have learned great customer service skills and use many computer programs. Our management is currently short handed but we do get updates and have our monthly meetings. My co-workers and I make a great team. We all work together very well and we always make sure to help each other and to have each others back. I would say the hardest part of my job is dealing with a computer system going down during work hours, we rely on the computer technology to get our jobs done and when a system is down it can make it very difficult to obtain what we need before the end of the work day. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with a great team and knowing that I have helped make a patients experience go more smoothly.
Unprofessional
RN (Former Employee), Knoxville TNApril 7, 2013
Cons: pay, schedule, benefits
The management and staff are unprofessional and are known throughout the community for their lack of care.

May 5, 2013

After witnessing first hand just how unprofessional and non-caring the staff and management are at Physician's Regional (aka St. Mary's on the Hill), I agree with this poster 100%. Before Tennova took over the management of these hospitals, they were actually worth patronizing. Now, I wouldn't wish my worst enemy or even my pet to have to be cared for there. I wish Tennova would just pack up and go back to where they came from and let someone with compassion and REAL medical experience come back and run those hospitals like they should be in the first place.

Busy hospital environment
Accountant (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 3, 2012
Pros: employee appreciation day
Cons: a lot of hours during monthend close
Busy hospital environment with pretty good benefits. I have learned many different things and advanced since working for this company. The hardest part of the job is working long hours. Most enjoyable part of the job is figuring out a new task or project.
Exemplary work environment
Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 7, 2012
Pros: work around my own schedule
Cons: had to work contract, not consistent work, seasonal
I was allowed freedom to be creative and trusted to self monitor my work, which consistently was proven to need little intervention from my supervisor.
Productive, rewarding, and fun environment
Exercise Physiologist Intern (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 25, 2012
Pros: small and comfortable environment, long lunch breaks
Cons: limited workers sometimes
A typical day at my internship I arrived and began conducting the group exercise program for cardiac patients. Throughout the day I also worked with patients one-on-one prescribing and giving them workouts to do at home and showed them everyday how to do them when they came to the facility. I also helped set up EKG telementaries for phase II cardiac patients, took blood pressure and heart rate before, during, and after exercise, and helped set up exercise equipment for the patient.

Through the internship I learned how to read and monitor paitents' EKGs while exercising.

The management was organized very well and easy to follow.

My co-workers were outstanding and were patient and very willing to help me learn the protocols and day to day tasks involved in working with cardiac and pulmonary patients.

The hardest part of the job was learning the computer program that recorded and monitored patients' accomplishments during exercise.

The most enjoyable part of the job was prescribing exercise prescriptions and conducting group exercise sessions for cardiac and pulmonary patients. Not only was the job experience delightful, the most rewarding part was helping men and women progressively get back in to shape so they could perform tasks of daily living without struggle.
Very protective day and lots of fun with patients and their familys
CNA (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 16, 2012
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: not long enough luch breaks and under staff
A typical day at Tennova ( very, very, very, busy day), you learn somthing new every day ( that's what it makes it so much fun), management is so great, my co-worker and me work like a team, the hardest part of the job: can't be everywhere at once and the greatest part of the job is the PEOPLE!

June 26, 2013