Tennova Healthcare Employee Reviews

like the peoplei work with
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNOctober 15, 2016
the thing I didn't like about it was being on call then about 2-3 o'clock in the morning being called in.liked the people I work with always got to move around to different departments
Good people
Imaging Technologist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 2, 2016
There are a lot of good people trying to make a difference here. It is hard to make changes due to it being part of a corporation.
Compassionate and Caring Work Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 24, 2016
Enjoy doing volunteer work for the community and being around compassionate hospital caregivers
Have learned to be more compassionate
Enjoy helping patients and co-workers
Very friendly environment between supervisors and employees
Pros
Meeting new people, Free meal ticket
Cons
N/A
Underpaid and understaffed
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 19, 2016
Doesn't really feel like I can grow with the company. I have given them 7years of my life and I feel like I am stuck in the position that I have.
it is ok
Emergency Department Secretary/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 23, 2016
I help run the emergency room,under a lot of stress and physical exertion.I am wanting something on day shift so I can be home w my family at night.
Pros
close working family environment
Cons
no breaks and long hours of stress
Management not trustworthy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 20, 2016
Typical day: Go to work.
What I learned: Be very skeptical of what management tells you.
Management: Not trustworthy
Co-Workers: Some good, some bad.
Hardest part of job: Listening to management BS.
Most enjoyable part of job: Clocking out.
LPN- TCMC (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 12, 2016
good place to work
good place to work
Overall good job.
Staff RN Retired (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 3, 2016
Patient care was the most enjoyable part of the job. Twelve hour shifts and often short of staff made for difficult work environment at times. Representative of nursing today. Demanding yet at times very fulfilling.
Pros
Can work almost as much as you want.
Cons
Often short staffed.
It's a job that supports me
RN (Current Employee) –  PRMCMay 2, 2016
Not much communication on the floor. Don't know really what's going on within the hospital or on a day to day basis. Poor management skills
Little work/life balance and benefits are at Corporate's discretion
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2016
Accounting for Tennova is a dynamic challenging job. While it's great not to be pigeonholed into one facet of accounting, there is little to no work/life balance. Further, our Corporate office mandates when we can take our vacation based upon whether they need to lessen their vacation liability on the books. We were forced to take most of our 2016 vacation prior to the end of 2015. Yes, you read that correctly. On the plus side, there are excellent accountants to work with which makes the job much more exciting. We have a 6 day close and sometimes work around the clock to make sure all entries get posted in the allotted time.
Pros
Cafeteria available on site
Cons
Work/Life balance. Shoddy benefits
Good
LPN (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 29, 2015
Good company to work for. I learned many of my skills as a nurse there due to their variety of patient load. The co-workers are dedicated to the patients
Dedicated team
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 26, 2015
Supportive coworkers dedicated to patient care and comfort. High patient census can lead to a busy workday. Overall team based and supportive environment.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Busy workdays, scheduling conflicts
The nurses and staff are the best there is.
Registered Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2015
typical day: Clock in, get report from dayshift nurse, catch up on things that dayshift did not have time to d, assess your patients, and determine if there are needs or issues that the doc needs to address right away. Manage the total care of 2 to 3 ICU patients, ventilators, titrate critical drips, meds, etc. Everyone in the UNIT on night shift worked as a team because it was years before CNA's were hired in the unit. Most enjoyable were my co workers. Hardest part of working there were those times when I expressed my concerns on the staffing issues and relayed the concerns of patient safety and how important it is to staff based on acuity in the unit and I felt as though what I said was not valued by management.
Loved everyone
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 21, 2015
The managers worked with you. They expected a lot from you and if you had any questions they where willing to work with you and help. You would come in do charts help the nurses if needed and help the patients.
Pros
everything
Cons
short lunch
Co-workers are the asset of this employer
LPN (Current Employee) –  LaFolletteMarch 18, 2015
Management is unprofessional, unwilling to work with continuing your education schedules. Of course, the patients are the best part of any nursing position.
Co-workers are extremely helpful however the job is very overwhelming and hectic majority of the time
Registered Nurse - Oncology/ Post-op/Med-surg (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 11, 2015
A typical day I hit the floor running and do not have a second to sit down and chart until at least 3 or 4, much less a bathroom break. Work load and patient load seems to be very overwhelming most days. The co- workers are always there for each other. It seems as if management is constantly unsatisfied no matter how hard their staff is pushing themselves.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
unrealistic expectations, staffing by numbers and not acuity.
productive workplace
Admitting heathcare assosicate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 27, 2015
I register/pre-register patients, verify/document insurance, shedule inductions for doctor offices, run estimates, ran summary reports for the doctorsnotarize birth certificates, provide moms with birth certificates, ran patients estimate summarys, discharges patients
Pros
learn new things everyday
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
no one cares
former employee (Former Employee) –  tennova turkey creekJanuary 30, 2014
this is the worst place ever, the nursing management does not have the proper credentials or degree for the position. it is one big cover up, management does everything in their power to harass, the HR department is one big joke.
Pros
you sometimes get a paycheck
Cons
to many to list
Fast paced, great co workers, poor management.
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2014
A typical day in Patient Access consists of registering every patient that comes into the ER or Outpatient either to be seen by a doctor or a procedure they are scheduled to have. In the ER, you must have all patient information, insurance cards, ID, and documents into the system, arm band placed on the patient, and their name on the tracking board for the ER nurses to see. all of this within 3 minutes.
I learned a lot of data entry systems, verifying and reading health and auto insurance, very fast typing skills, effective ways to better speed up productivity without reducing quality, and how to balance many different things at once.
On the other hand, management was , regretfully, very, very poor. The manager that hired me promised me a full-time position 8 to 4:30, day-time position.T This is why I left a great job to work there, promised a better opportunity to better my life for my daughter. When I started training, that was true. As soon as I was out of training I was placed on PRN with very few days and very late shifts. when I told my manager about the change he said there was nothing he could do even though he did admit upon hire, I did in fact tell him I could only work days given my situation being a single parent with no one to watch her past 7pm. Turns out it did not matter to him because he was moving to a different hospital and our new manager did not like working at this location. in return, any requests that any co worker asked of her she would make sure to go against and opposite of what was asked. my shifts became later and later even past 1am some nights.
  more... I confronted her many times about the issue and she said it was not her responsibility on what she scheduled us and how it affects our life outside of work. she also threatened everyone's jobs every week and has even told some associates that she was going to begin firing all of the current associates at tennova to bring in her previous group from another location because that location is going to be closed down. since I have left, 5 people (including assistant manager) have lost their jobs and she has replaced them with her previous employees at the other location. I believe this is morally wrong and she should not have this kind of power. this is why I left tennova healthcare systems and will never return.

I loved almost every person I worked with there. I got a long with all of them pretty well.

The hardest part of the job was having a brand new patient who had never been there before register in the ER given the time frame we have to enter their information in. especially based on a severe case.

the most enjoyable part of my job was the patient interaction, being able to still make a patient smile even when obviously they were having a bad day. I pride myself on people leaving with a better feeling and attitude then they came with because of interaction. I also enjoyed typing on the computer and verifying insurance. I love office work, and always have as a child helping out at my mother's office!

I really did love my job, but I believe a leader should honestly care for the people they are leading. I think they should focus on the people they have and not outwardly say and hurt people just because they don't like the location they are at. Letting people go for no reason that have been with the company much longer than the leader has is wrong and to tell people after firing that person that you only did it so you could bring in a "buddy" from another location is very wrong and I wont work in a place like that.
Pros
constant one on one interractions with people
Cons
very poor managment
They just laid me off in April from this position
Ex-pharmacy technician in employee pharmacy (Current Employee) –  KnoxvilleOctober 6, 2013
April 26 2013 tennova employee pharmacy laid me off due to budget cuts and now they are taking applications for my job. Don't trust this company they will drop u like a bad habit. I was not a bad employee I was the only one in the whole department laid off..

This pharmacy is going under and I don't think the job will be there next year so don't waste your time and energy!!!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, no loyalty for good work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tennova Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8