Job Overview of Front-End Developer
Tenthwave (www.tenthwave.com) is looking for a Front End Developer to help expand our growing development team in New York City. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 4 (or more) years of experience as a developer in a digital agency environment. This person will work closely with the rest of the development team to scope, plan, and execute the front-end responsive development of digital marketing projects. This person will be responsible for working with the back end development, QA, and technical operations teams to deliver modern standards-compliant work. The ideal candidate must have initiative to expand the role, be a superb communicator, and have experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. A passion for quality, an eye for detail, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and the hunger to bring great ideas to life is also required.
Responsibilities of Front-End Developer
- Work with development team to create innovative responsive front end interfaces and applications
- Plan solutions for front end architecture and best practices
- Manage work-flow of external development teams
- Hands-on participation in the testing and deployment process
Requirements of Front-End Developer
- 4+ years experience working front-end technologies in an agency setting
- Strong experience in multitasking and coordinating multiple ongoing projects
- Very in depth knowledge of:
- HTML / XML (including HTML5 and Canvas)
- CSS (CSS3, LESS or SASS)
- Responsive Design and Development
- Mobile Front End Development
- Experience with Object Oriented design and programming
- Strong understanding of the development lifecycle with expert level experience
- In depth knowledge of version control languages (SVN and/or Git)
- Strong understanding of web server basics: cookies, REST, SOAP
- Experience with Agile Development or SCRUM methodologies
- Expert front-end development skills (someone who can read and understand code, conduct code reviews, and drive and enforce coding conventions)
- Ability to architect and explain a technical solution given a set of business or creative requirements
- Ability to perform quality assurance tasks and coordinate testing with the quality assurance team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and multitasking abilities
- Ability to work across several concurrently running projects in a fast-paced agency environment
- Strong innovator with a passion for ideating and creating forward-thinking and “never before seen” work
- Ambitious and focused, but willing to pick up new technologies, projects, and responsibilities and run with them
- HTML5/Canvas Animation design and execution
- Responsive HTML Email coding
We offer a full array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and FSA. Tenthwave is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Tenthwave is an ultra-curious digital agency on a mission to increase brands’ market share, launch new products with a bang, and out-innovate the competition. We dig deeper to find transformative ideas that seduce the hearts and minds of customers.
Known by clients as a more personal full-service agency, Tenthwave’s core service offerings lie in strategy, research, digital development, branded content, user experience, social media, online media, analytics, promotions and marketing creative.
We are Tenthwave: The Customer Obsessed Digital Agency.
Our 100 employees in New York City, Long Island, Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and London produce award-winning work for amazing customer-obsessed clients like eBay, Duncan Hines, Visa, Prudential, Facebook, Pepperidge Farms, NBC Universal, Cape Cod Chips and FLOWER Beauty. Tenthwave is a privately held agency recognized as Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and a PROMO Top Shops Agency.
For more information visit http://www.tenthwave.com or http://www.facebook.com/Tenthwave, or follow us on Twitter @Tenthwave.