Teph Seal Auto Appearance Employee Reviews

What a let down!
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 11, 2017
The men in charge are not honest people. My men went without getting paid what they were promised. I was terminated over text for no good reason. I still haven't heard back from the vice president, even after several attempts to contact him via phone and email.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Awful ownership
Great atmosphere
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. There were a few times when pay was "wonky" and my supervisor paid me out of his own pocket until it was fixed. Friendly co-workers and good pay.
Low pay long hours aweful management
Service wash (Former Employee) –  TXOctober 12, 2017
If you ar relooking for a part time job keep looking! I worked here part time and I wouldn't recommend full time either, they work you to the ground and pay you very very little. The managers are pricks and the employees weren't to great themselves. There's always drama going around and it's annoying. I'm not one hundred percent sure but I had a strong feeling one of the coworkers was stealing cars from me.
Pros
Little pay if needed
Cons
Little pay, long hours, aweful coworkers and managemnt
Dallas dodge
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2017
They don't pay you per hour , it's per car. $ 3.50 per car. ( 40 mins )
On top of that management gets paid salary. So if a car comes in that's worth $35.00 to you. Salary paid management will take it because it's just extra money in their pocket. So mad I wasted my time here. First day I worked 10 hours. Made $50. I wont even go back to get the money. They can keep it
Pros
Cons
Places sucks
Terrible!
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 23, 2017
The pay is horrible, the scheduling is even worse. The dealerships you work in walk all over you and the company doesn't defend you or back you up. Work 102 hours in 2 weeks and barely make $600. Not to mention you get blamed for everything, I regret working for this company and I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.
Cons
You have to do it to experience it
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 22, 2017
I worked here roughly 5 months! If u show up u will always have a job! Job security is always there! It's everything about showing up! You have to bust your butt so not in makeup money and even then you are still in makeup money... Makeup money is if u don't make more than "MINIMUM WAGE" that's all you will make! I will say this. You will make more money washing dishes somewhere than working here!
Pros
Experience, freedom
Cons
Pay, Management
Hard work
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2017
Teph seal was an okay job. Just had to deep clean cars with different peoducts inside and out. For the most part a layed back job as long as you get the work done.
long, hot hours, especial in Ga.
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 22, 2017
The pay is decent, if you get the a good number of cars. Pay is done on piecework which means you get paid a different amount per car depending on what is done. Plus side, benefits are offered but i can not speak on the rates or deductibles.The worst part of the job are the conditions ( heat/ sun exposure) and upper management. overall decent paying fully time job with benefits, conditions are not ideal.
Pros
decent pay(depending), hour lunch, benefits
Cons
conditions, management, operation structure(lack of)
Worst job ever. Owner's daughter is super rude.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 14, 2017
Worked in daphne alabama. The only thing good about the job was the area manager who left the company due to horibble pay and the store manager who's still there. The pay is so horrible. Bottom line: save yourself the trouble and steer far away. Youve been warned..
Pros
Daphne store manager
Cons
Owner's daughter.
Horrible pay mean managers and unloyal company
Car Washer/Detailer (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 11, 2017
Teph seal is a horrible job they are disrespectful they don't pay you they take it advantage of you they overwhelm you with ours is due to the low employment and I had major complications with my paychecks.
amazing work ethic
forman & management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 10, 2017
loved every second of it, enjoyed making others happy including keeping myself in check nothing would mean more than getting this job and supporting my family
Commission only
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAJuly 7, 2017
We only got paid for the cars we cleaned which would be fine if the pay rate by car was fair. It was only $35 for a full detail and you only had 4 hours to do it no matter how dirty it was. A few times it took me 2 shifts to get a car done because it was so nasty and I still only got $35.
Pros
A hour for lunch
Cons
Low commission rate
Poor upper management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 5, 2017
The upper management really doesn't care about the guys they actually have inside the dealerships. The employees that actually work inside the dealerships makes the job worth the while. There really isn't to much growth inside the company at all.
Great company to advance great pay
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2017
I have been working for tephseal Dallas TX for 3 years. Great company to work for a lot of room for advancement. They invest into their employees and treat people well. Overall great experience working at Tephseal.
Pros
Health Care Fun Work Environment
Cons
Rainny Days
Great Company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
This a great company to work for! Family owned, a lot of opportunities to grow, whether looking for a career, looking to get your foot into the dealership or simply needing a job. They don't make you feel like a number and really appreciate their employees.

Not every company is perfect. Auto industry is a tough business, requires a lot of hours, hard work and dedication. But, you have a lot of opportunities to move up.

I recommend this company to anyone looking to get their foot in the auto industry. If you enjoy working with cars. Looking for a career opportunity or a solid company to work for.
Pros
Great Solid Company, Benefits, they take care of their employees, career opportunity
Cons
It;s hard work washing cars, sometimes long hours but, they pay overtime
Not the greatest
Detail Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 21, 2017
I worked as a detail manager for a few months for them. I would work open to close, 7 days a week. Most times get there way before open and stay way past close. The pay was pathetic. That's all I could say about that. Absolutely pathetic. The regional manager was a great guy but expected way to much from his way underpaid managers and Asst managers. We started at a dealership with like 20 people and by the time I quit, we only had 4 guys. People would quit, and they wouldn't hire anyone new and expect everyone else to get there extremely early and stay late and take no days off and work open to close to pick up all the work behind.
I even had a few instances where i had to take the worst car because no one else would, and I'd be on it for 2 or 3 days for just 30 dollars. 30 DOLLARS FOR 2 to 3 DAYS WORK! Or I'd clean a car and the handheld would mess up and wouldn't get paid for it. That happened 3 or 4 times.
Honestly, as great as the regional manager was, just stay away from this company. You will be thankful you did and happier somewhere else.
Pros
Free food every now and then.
Cons
Everything about this company is a con.
productive work place
Auto Detailer (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 30, 2017
I loved being in the car business. It was an exciting thing to do and I hope to make a career out of it. The most enjoyable part was getting to drive all the cars.
Pros
getting to listen to music while cleaning the cars
Cons
no benefits
hard to work for kids
location manager (Former Employee) –  nissan arizonaApril 29, 2017
well as long a an experienced district manager was with the company you could do a great job.. but he left and some inexperienced kid took over .. company went to h...
Very relaxed
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 26, 2017
Every day we will come to work with then assignment given to us by our managers. You do your Simon go home and get paid nothing else to really say about the company good luck ...
Pros
Free lunch on weekends
Cons
A lot of cars to wash
Gained a lot of work experience but manager I was under was not sutable for the position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAApril 24, 2017
I learned a lot about the ways a business is run and how to keep up moral and schedule employees.Also learned customer service and people skills that will stay with me forever.In this fast paced work environment, I learned how to multi task and keep standards high for every customers detail that came through the door.I would have to say the hardest part of the job was keeping awake for the amount of hours I was worked due to poor management
Pros
Manager experience, learned how to be a part of a fast paced work environment
Cons
Manager I assisted was not suitable for the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teph Seal Auto Appearance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6