Teq Employee Reviews in United States

boring work for minimum pay
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJune 29, 2015
Pass on this company unless your just passing thru. Its in the middle of nowwhere. The people seem nice. decice for yourself.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
middle of nowhere
...
Employee (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMay 5, 2015
Grew too fast without any solid plan or direction. Great product, business ideas and some collaboration. Too many changes.
Pros
free bagels on Friday
Cons
emotional management
fast pace work environment
Warehouse Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYFebruary 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Teq and growing in the company. I started from the bottom and worked my way up to be 3rd in charge in the warehouse before having to move to PA. Teq is a wonderful company to work for.
You DO NOT want to work here! STAY AWAY!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYNovember 20, 2014
Read through some of Teq's reviews on here and other sites, all of the negative ones are true; Teq is not a place that you want to be at.

Management is top heavy and love to micromanage beyond comprehension. They are misogynistic and will berate you at a moments notice.

There is zero job security. Between 2013-2014 Teq has laid off over 100 employees due to a loss in profits. New employees that they have brought on board don't last long either. Some have left as soon as they realized the reality of this hole and some have gotten let go shortly after being hired.

Company policies change weekly and at the whim of the President, who is the former CSO and who has ZERO experience in the field of Education (Teq's customer base). There is ZERO professionalism from him and the people that he has hand-picked to manage the company.

Do your research. Read about the lawsuits that Teq/Tequipment has lost. Read the reviews that are out there and keep all of that in mind if/when you interview with them. Ask them why do they have such a high turn over rate and why they have such astonishingly bad reviews from both current and former employees. After you do that, sit back and watch them try to tap dance their way around the facts and then draw your own conclusions.
Pros
nice office. nice chairs.
Cons
micromanagement, unprofessional management, missogeny, zero customer loyality, suspiciously high turnover rate for employees, mass-layoffs, questionable business practices, etc, etc...
Stay away.. far far far away
one who got away (Former Employee) –  huntington stationMay 29, 2014
My review is not based on anger or disappointment or trying to get "even" but rather for anyone who is considering leaving their current job for this company. I feel its only fair to tell you what I experienced and then if you choose to proceed atleast you went in with your eyes a little wider and with more education then I had the benefit of receiving prior to my accepting a position with Teq. Here is my story: I left a solid place of employment for what I thought was a paradise when I got hired at Teq and then laid off a short while later. I was at Teq less than 2 months. Imagine having to post that on your resume and explain it to potential employers. They laid off a total of 20 people before the end of January as well as 24 more let go before the end of April. The day they laid off myself and the others can only be described as a circus like atmosphere. They pulled me and 2 others in a side office and let all three of us go at the same time. During which, there were others who were just let go cleaning their desks out on the work floor. After we were told to pack up they pulled others into side offices while we were clearing out our desks. The remaining employees were watching in amazement and fear not knowing if they were getting called in next or not. Such is the level of respect they have for their employees. As far as I know there was atleast 1 more lay off in between January and April with rumors of more lay offs to come circulating pretty furiously. Some people left with other offers of employment at hand and others with nothing at all just to get away from this company.  more... To my count, there have been no less then 50 - 75 people either quitting or having been let go of and that was just between January and April of this year. Please, Run as fast as you can. Do not buy in to the hype they try to sell you of what a great company it is, how much money you can make, the great benefits you will get. school holidays off etc. Its all false and one giant sales pitch given to potential employees to lure them into a seat occupied by someone doing the same job at a higher rate of pay a short while before you got there. The only thing that one can say that is positive about Teq, is that they are positively on a downward spiral having a goal that seems to be a sure path to go out of business, They will positively not have any respect for you and will treat you like a used napkin. If you are working some where that you might not be happy at or feel you deserve to make more money, Hang on a while longer. I know its tough but please by pass Teq and just keep looking, you will be happier then if you accept a job there and have to repeat the process of looking for another job within a few weeks/months.  less
Pros
the non management people are nice
Cons
everything else that you can possible think of entailed in your work life
Company going downhill; bad culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station NYMay 5, 2014
Management and chiefs are terrible and are sucking the soul out of every employee.
Management needs more training
Order Processing Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYFebruary 24, 2014
Great place to work years ago. Not so much today. Lack of communication between departments. Office politics high.
Pros
bagel fridays
Cons
management with no experience
Skip Teq and keep looking (unless you are DESPERATE or a masochist).
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYDecember 15, 2013
Teq is a reseller of technology that other companies develop and manufacture. Much of that technology has MISERABLE failure rates and Teq has shifted from making their customers a priority to bleeding their customers dry. Teq has laid off or fired over 10% of their staff with in the last 6 months, so they can bring on new blood for less pay.

I have been with Teq for over three years and I have never seen my colleagues miserable, that is not until the arrival of Teq's new CSO. He was brought on board due to the fact that Teq is no longer a profitable company thanks to soaring expenses, lost lawsuits and inefficient management. He has been systemically firing and laying people off since he started. Nearly 30 employees were let go this past August (all in one day), while several others that were demoted. The layoffs have steadily continued since. The layoffs have been mostly loyal employees who have been with the company for years. Prior to this last round of layoffs in August, Teq had over-hired employees and then laid them off six or so months later, calling their positions a "pilot program" and referred to the layoffs as a "right-sizing". None of the guys that they laidoff were under the impression that they were part of a "pilot program" or brought on as temps. So be warned!

There is NO job security at Teq and no loyalty. Misogyny is commonplace with management, as is "lip-service". So if you like that sort of thing, you may want to join their team. Teq is a perfect example of "Faking it 'till you make it" gone wrong. With an "absentee landlord" for an owner, paired with
  more... incompetent management, it's amazing how they even made it this far. Company polices are seemingly made up, bent or forgotten at will. Fictitious bonuses have been promised to the sales team all while chasing after amazingly unrealistic target numbers. Sales reps have their faces, names and target numbers projected on the boards in the main "sales pit" area, along with the same info sent out in company wide emails. Title changes (with no info on potential salary/wage changes) seem to be a monthly occurrence, with the new CSO coercing employees to sign new agreements or face termination. Honestly, I've never seen or heard anything like what has been going on at Teq since they brought this new CSO on board. The legality of any of it is questionable.

Customer relationship building and maintaining is no longer a priority, which is amusing since that was the core of Teq's philosophy. With employees now treated like easily replaceable cattle, it's no wonder that Teq's customer base has no value. Teq is the Titanic and is sinking fast. If you really need a job and are willing to gamble with the fact that you may only have a job for a few months (regardless of what they tell you), then consider applying here. If you care about your future, your dignity and your sanity...STAY AWAY! When he first came to Teq, the new CSO said: "There are a lot of good jobs in New York City..." He is right Teq just isn't one of them.
Pros
most of the non-management employees.
Cons
everything that was mentioned in this review along with the majority of the other reviews on here.
Productive and fun place to work, good people, good management.
Packer/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILDecember 15, 2013
As soon as I started here at TEQ I learned the punch press and mastered that very quickly. The good management soon noticed my hard work and dedication and allowed me to take on more responsibilities which I appreciated. The hardest part of this job is inspecting parts quickly and accurately. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on a team with so many good co-workers.
Not a good company to work for, Look elsewhere!!
Operations (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station NYDecember 9, 2013
This company used to be a fun place to work for the past two years, however this company goes through annual lay offs and just recently let go 10% of the company. The market is saturated with smart boards, They are struggling to change directions. Non of the employees are happy and seem to be all looking for new jobs.
Pros
free bagels on fridays
Cons
worst management, terrible job security, extreamly low morale
Stay far away!!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYDecember 9, 2013
DON'T WORK here unless you plan on being miserable all day. If I had written this review prior to July, 2013, it would of been the complete opposite. They have brought in a new Chief Sales Officer and the entire company culture it was built upon by its owner is completely changed. You will have have unrealistic sales targets at which the CSO will change at anytime if you are appearing to be reaching that target to avoid paying you out any bonuses. Just corrupt management that are clueless and transforming this company into a telemarketing company.
Not to mention, make sure you leave the building during the daytime unless you want to be mugged walking to your car at night. Their office is in Huntington Station, the most ghetto part of it.
Pros
bagel fridays, great co-workers (non-management)
Cons
management, ceo, cso
Stay Away!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYDecember 5, 2013
Teq has changed dramatically in the last 6 months. Teq was an amazing place to work. However, these days there is no job security at all and most of the staff is miserable. Around 24 + people were laid off a few months ago, along with several demotions. By the way, this is the second round of layoffs within a year and a half. The first round of layoffs was called a "rightsizing" and the staff was told that no additional layoffs would occur.

In sales (inside or outside), your KPI's can and will change at a moments notice and you are given unrealistic target numbers to hit. Management is out of touch with both employee and customer needs.

If you are looking for a job that offers: lip service from management, zero communication, ineffective/inefficient management, zero job security, below average to average pay, a fictitious bonus (sales), nepotism and bagels on Fridays... Teq is the place for you. Did I mention zero job security?

STAY AWAY unless you are really desperate.
Pros
dyson airblade in the bathrooms, bagels on fridays.
Cons
horrible management, zero job security, below average to average pay
DO NOT Work Here!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntington New YorkDecember 2, 2013
DO not work here! Management is waaaay out of touch with its workers.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Company Is Changing to a Very Sales Based Company
Inside Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYNovember 22, 2013
Company culture was good, very happy place to work. Changing to be very sales regimented and culture is changing
Productive but fun place to work
Lead Packer (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILApril 28, 2013
The people are all very friendly and enjoyable to work with.
I have learned many things from this company, such as how things are made and the requirements needed in order to send them out.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i work with.
Pros
great enviornment to work in
Cons
hours (3rd shift)
Fun place
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYAugust 30, 2012
Ok place to work, work enviroment friendly.Family first enviroment
Pros
work hours
Cons
job stability
Forward thinking company with exceptional equipment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILJuly 23, 2012
I worked with manufacturers of medical device to come up with sterile barrier systems. I would relay information given to me from prospects and customers to designers that would come up with functional, attractive, economical packaging.
Pros
great staff to work with

2.4