Teradata Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Teradata is a great company
Global Services Process Improvement (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2016
Overall, Teradata is a great company to work for during my time there. Unfortunately the division I was working for was sold and there was a reduction in force.
Pros
Great people, benefits and work life balance
Cons
instability of the division I was in.
Exception Company to work for.
Learning Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 23, 2015
The people I worked with are some of the smartest I have ever known. Managers are the best I have had the plaesure to work for.
Pros
The level of attention to detail made me a better person on many levels.
Cons
Laid Off!
Was a Growing Company...
Senior Alliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 10, 2015
challenged with Hadoop and Cloud analytics offerings -> slow to no growth; would be best to merge/ sell company; selling marketing analytics is only firs step..
Pros
Strong technology platform, customer base
Cons
Lack of Cloud, SaaS (platform) solutions
Standard legacy software company currently in transition
Senior R&D Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2015
Great history but currently transitioning to a SaaS world and struggling. Most likely an acquisition target at this point.
Teradata is a big name
Teradata Global Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 19, 2015
If you aren't hired in as management you won't get good raises and the bonuses have decreased dramatically over the years. Training isn't a regular issue here and if you get any it must be on your own time. They offer virtual jobs, so this is the only true perk to Teradata.
It seems the corporate policy is to hire at a low income and keep it low with very small annual raises if you even get a raise.
Pros
The people are very knowledgeable. Work great to fix issues! victims of bad management
Cons
No promotions, very small annual raises, and training is not provided on company time for certain jobs
A great place to work
Manager of Financial Planning - Teradata Marketing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2015
Teradata has been one of the best companies I have worked for. The people are outstanding. I love what I do and I hope to carry this love for financial planning and analysis to my next employment.
Pros
Fantastic people! Great Community Relations company
Cons
People leave and work is redistributed to over taxed employees
Great Learning experience with Big Data
QA Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, San DieagoOctober 2, 2015
The project I am working on Marketing Analysis application. A great team to work with and exposure to lots of technology within the big data Marketing Analytic.
Pros
Great technology
Cons
Long driving to and from work.
Bad place
Datastage Developer (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisSeptember 16, 2015
Bad Company. they don't care for their Employees. No Extra pay For Extra Hours worked. No Assistence provide for any Certifications. Higher Management is never reachable.
Pros
Cons
Management is ineffective
Voted one of the best 25 companies to work for
Global Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2015
Voted one of the best 25 companies to work for.
Teradata Labs, the company's development arm, is based in San Diego (approx 1,500 employees)...with approx 10,000 employees worldwide.
Pros
Free coffe and soft drinks
Cons
Advancement opportunities are very limited
Going through changes
Senior Industry Consultant-Regulatory Policy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
The company is great but going through changes, not all changes are good though. The management is a bit older and can find it hard to relate to the younger workers.
Great Company, Great products
Regional PS Partner (Current Employee) –  Mid WestJuly 5, 2015
Good technology, great coworkers. Lots of new strategic acquisitions in the big data space. Long work days due to large account base.
Pros
Technology and opportunitites
Cons
Career advancement can be limited
Top of the line data warehousing and big data analytics company
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 3, 2015
Excellent products for data warehousing and big data analytics. They know their industry and the markets they penetrate better than anyone else. They are industry experts.
Pros
Excellent products, smart people, very good knowledge of their markets.
Cons
No cons...you just have to work very hard here, know your market.
The travel can be fun and a great experience
Professional Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirtualMarch 23, 2015
Great job right out of college. Being young you are a wonderful resource to send around the US with little complaint. I've met a lot of wonderful and smart people during my time within Teradata and at client sites.
Pros
could be a great balance of working virtually or at the client site
Cons
could potentially be placed on a project with 100% for months
fun place to work
Customer Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoy working here at Teradata. However, I feel that I have reached my full potential and fell there is no longer any advancement for me here.
Fun workplace and people.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 24, 2014
I would handle all warehouse tasks. I learned how to deal with all different types of people because Teradata is a very large and people that work there come from all over the world. My manager is a cool guy but could handle is emotions a lot better. There was no hard part of my job. I have a lot of warehouse experience and this job is like a walk in the park. Best part of my day is going to our coffee shop any playing pool with great co-workers and having great conversation.
Great people and systems to work with
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHOctober 2, 2014
The best place I have worked in terms of people I work with and managers that I work for. The best manager I have ever had - expects a lot, but lets me work to get it done. Flexible, informal work environment. Comparatively low cost of living in Ohio.
Pros
access to great bicycle trail network
Great learning experience with global countries
Auditor/Travel & Expense Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 6, 2014
Responsible tracking and auditing travel & expenses for over 30 countries globally which is cultrally interesting and challenging. We have a good group of people and great contacts within the other department internally and globally. Hardest part is at times the language barrier, but we work with it and in the end it works. But, this can also be the most enjoyable, learning about all other parts of the world. All in all a great company!
Pros
learning other parts of the world.
Cons
my direct manger, year-end processing expense reports as never can take off time for holiday, pay, some of the benefits
Interesting company. Gone through a lot of changes since I worked there.
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 3, 2014
Interesting company. Gone through a lot of changes since I worked there.
Pros
compensation
Cons
little investment in their people
Productive work environment but can be demanding at times.
Technical Support Specialist (TSS) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2014
Great company to work for and management sets the goals and let its people perform the work. Company provide the tools to accomplish what they ask of its people.
Multi tasker, get the job done quickly.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2014
I have how to configure zoning on a Nexus 7000 switch.
I worked with a bunch of smart and interesting people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradata Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.