Teradata Corporation

Teradata Corporation Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Customer Order Specialist (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoy working here at Teradata. However, I feel that I have reached my full potential and fell there is no longer any advancement for me here.
Fun workplace and people.
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 24, 2014
I would handle all warehouse tasks. I learned how to deal with all different types of people because Teradata is a very large and people that work there come from all over the world. My manager is a cool guy but could handle is emotions a lot better. There was no hard part of my job. I have a lot of warehouse experience and this job is like a walk in the park. Best part of my day is going to our coffee shop any playing pool with great co-workers and having great conversation.
Great people and systems to work with
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHOctober 2, 2014
Pros: access to great bicycle trail network
The best place I have worked in terms of people I work with and managers that I work for. The best manager I have ever had - expects a lot, but lets me work to get it done. Flexible, informal work environment. Comparatively low cost of living in Ohio.
Great learning experience with global countries
Auditor/Travel & Expense Specialist (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJune 6, 2014
Pros: learning other parts of the world.
Cons: my direct manger, year-end processing expense reports as never can take off time for holiday, pay, some of the benefits
Responsible tracking and auditing travel & expenses for over 30 countries globally which is cultrally interesting and challenging. We have a good group of people and great contacts within the other department internally and globally. Hardest part is at times the language barrier, but we work with it and in the end it works. But, this can also be the most enjoyable, learning about all other parts of the world. All in all a great company!
Productive work environment but can be demanding at times.
Technical Support Specialist (TSS) (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 3, 2014
Great company to work for and management sets the goals and let its people perform the work. Company provide the tools to accomplish what they ask of its people.
please see resume
Sr. ETL Consultant/Data Analyst (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAMarch 3, 2014
Management is busy, did not have time to talk to team member.
Multi tasker, get the job done quickly.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2014
I have how to configure zoning on a Nexus 7000 switch.
I worked with a bunch of smart and interesting people.
its about your manager
Worker Bee (Current Employee), Center of the Teradata universeJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee/pop
If you have a decent managers in the office, things will be good, if you don't its gonna make your work life suffer, don't expect much. There is a park near by that you can scream atthe end of your work day but its closed during the winter. Most managers in IT seem rather level headed, but something is changing in the air.
Teradata Corporation is the world’s leading analytic data solutions company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business.
Service Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GASeptember 20, 2013
Our work environment is fast-paced, flexible and fun and our commitment to excellence extends far beyond the boundaries of our jobs.
Productive, smart group of people with effective management
GLOBAL ALLIANCES MANAGER (Current Employee), Dayton, OhioNovember 24, 2012
Pros: management that does not believe in micro-managing, work-life balance, history of outperforming both internal and external financial projections, competitive bonus structure
Cons: limited opportunities for career advancement
Teradata Corporation is a proven leader in its field of data warehousing, with very effective personnel staffed throughout from entry level up through the executive suite. In my part of the organization (sales and marketing), there is a heavy reliance on a national / international network of far-flung resources, many who work remotely from their homes.

As such, the culture is based around multiple daily conference calls and heavy use of email. It makes for a great work-life balance, and yet our productivity as a company proves that people remain focused on executing their responsibilities with focus and rigor.

The hardest part of life at Teradata for me, however, has been the company's very flat structure and limited opportunities for career advancement and growth. Compensation is relatively competitive, though, which serves as a partial offset.
N/A
Systems Analyst/Software Engineer (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHOctober 31, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay
My day consists of updating our current ERP system by fixing code, writing new code, testing, and creating Oracle forms. On top of upgrading the ERP system, I support the current system by helping the business users solve errors or problems they come across. My manager is great. He's very laid back as long as our work is completed in the time it's allocated to. Upper management could be better but still good people. The hardest part of my job is juggling all the work that's given to me in a given day. We are a $5 Billion company and our ERP team only consists of 14 people. Between supporting the current system and upgrading to Oracle E-business suite R12, time has to be managed well. The most enjoyable part of the job is staying busy.
The best company I have worked for
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 2, 2011
Pros: emphasis on cooperation, excellent product and computing technologies, strong leadership, and great pay.
Across the board, Teradata, its culture, its vision and values, its excellent employees ranked highest in my work experience.