Teradata

Teradata Employee Reviews

TECHNICAL CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Manila, ARJune 11, 2015
Has different activities that employees can leverage during their free time to enjoy a Work-Life Balance. Being in the company for almost 4 years, is what I can consider as one of the most fruitful times in my career. The company has always been people-oriented and always makes it employees their priority.
Company as a whole, is a current technology company.
Sr Consultant - DBA (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Training
Cons: Management
Plenty of opportunities to do different tasks
Management is not really in touch with the workers
Enjoyed working with the development and client teams
Excellent on-line training program
Good instructor led classes.
Great Company
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 5, 2015
Wonderful company to work for. The company does a lot for its employee's to make them happy. Great basketball courts and fitness area. Cafeteria available so you don't have to leave for lunch. Learning advancements are endless.
About Teradata
Senior Architect (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2015
It is a great company to work for.
Enjoying my work at Teradata, Medical benefits are the worst.
Many products to learn.
I have learned Teradata DB and enjoying work here.
Small silo'd group and shoestring budget.
Infrastructure, automation and provisioning (Current Employee), Cary, NCApril 2, 2015
Pros: Great fringe benny's, stable work, great work/life balance.
Cons: Personal growth is limited, stingy on comp (but still not as bad as others.)
As an engineer, I'm happy with the role I'm in. Make no mistake about that.

The fringe benefits are nice: fully stocked kitchen, free food, free soda fountain, and beer in the fridge a couple days a month. As long as you're not doing anything dumb, everything is cool.

I'm expected to put in a full 40, but time in the office is very flexible, as long as you can justify your time and effort. (Again, just don't do anything dumb, and work life balance is good.)

Management is probably the most technically minded team I've ever worked for.

One thing they don't handle well is full remote, though. And that's not entirely a bad thing- people are expected to work in their teams, and face to face is best.

My only real concerns are:
Focus on older tech, and shyness towards new.
As an engineer or dev, mobility within the company is unheard of, except for people leaving. High churn.
Annual bonus and merit raises are still a pittance, despite the improved economy.

This environment is best descibed very comfortable. If you want comfort and stability in your job, this is a great place. This isn't the most "fun" place I've worked, nor the most boring. It is one of the least stressed positions I've ever had.
Virtual Environment
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Houston, TxMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Virtual Environment, Relaxed
Cons: 24x7 on call
You need to have balance of life an work. It is very high pace, a lot of work but if you get things done in a timely matter you have some free time.
Excellent company to work for
Customer Order Specialist (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHMarch 20, 2015
Teradata offers a very nice work environment, competitive salary, and any advancement opportunities. Employees are treated fairly and are held accountable for their work.
Productive and motivated to learn and succeed
CSR Software Field Engineer (Former Employee), Virtual Home OfficeMarch 13, 2015
90% of the time you are a virtual employee, and not having the ability to interact with others on a daily basis, can make work and life a little more difficult.
Productive workplace with good location.
Contract System Engineer (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 1, 2014
Fun place to work. The company is going places. Good coworkers. Good place to learn new technology.
Working for Teradata was personally very rewarding. It was an invaluable part of my work experience.
Professional Services Post-sales Consultant (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, UTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: air travel
Cons: air travel
* Most weeks began with air travel to a job site Sunday afternoon. The number of consultants varied from 1-10. Workdays were scheduled from 9am-5pm M-Th onsite and 9am-5pm working remote from a virtual office. Return air travel was Thursday evenings.
* Traveling to job sites every week provided an opportunity to experience a wide variety of work cultures and environments.
* There are some very talented and intelligent people working for Teradata as well as the various clients.
* In many ways this was my dream job.
A great place to work
Senior Professional Consultant (Current Employee), Johns Creek, GAJune 22, 2014
I get to work with different clients and solve a lot of their business problems. The hardest part is usually when you have to put in extra effort on weekends and week days to do a lot of fire fighting.

The most enjoyable part is the flexibility in the schedule and being able to work remotely
Teradata
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 19, 2014
Pros: freedom. ability to do freelance writing. can travel.
Cons: working from home is extremely difficult.
I work from home as an account executive at Teradata. It's my job to generate business, and work toward a quota. While I love the company and the products that it provides, it's a difficult sell, and a long process. Most sales are anywhere between 9-15 months, and the investment is close to $1 million. I enjoy the ability to make large commissions, and my salary is very competitive; however, I'm looking for a different challenge.
Good company
Program Director (Current Employee), Greater Washington DC Metro AreaMay 14, 2014
Pros: top rated analytic products
Cons: sales-led company
Good Company with top rated analytic products. Teradata is the world’s largest company focused on analytic data solutions through integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications.
Corporate Strategy - undefined
Sr. Director, Industry Marketing and Strategy (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 14, 2014
Leadership team and strategy somewhat antiquated. Need to invest in Marketing and Business Planning
Great Place to work
Director Business Growth (Current Employee), VirtualApril 16, 2014
Teradata is a great place to work. Very supportive on training and on-going education.
busy
Order management, steady pace (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 6, 2014
Pros: keep you active
Cons: management
loved the atmosphere, everyone got along well, layout for your job was easy to follow,clean safe
Great global company
Sr. PS Consultant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: full time travel and no in-person office interaction if working from home
I enjoy working for Teradata as Sr. Constultant, unfortunately working from home or travel full time is not for everyone.
I like the culture and people, company has high integrity and respect to all who work there.
productive work
Data Center Technician (Current Employee), Rancho Bernardo, CAAugust 6, 2013
Pros: free soda
Cons: benefits
• Experience with different system nodes (Teradata 5400, 5500, Intel Romely servers & Dell PowerEdge 2800, 2900 R710 and R720).
• Replace CPU’s, RAM, motherboards, power supplies, infiniband network cards and hard drives from server systems.
• Assist with installation of new clients and build Cisco (FEX) Fabric Extender Technology racks.
• Set up IP addresses and remove protocols from the network using Bluecat Software.
• Disassemble of computer equipment for recycle including power disconnection, un-cabling, DNS configuration, un-racking and tag removal.
• Participate in ESP ticketing system and actively contribute maintaining accurate/current system records.
• Effectively work through the ticket queue while tracking tasks and proactively identifying improvements.
• Disassembly/ reconfiguration of system nodes as required for reuse or lab rearrangement including power connection, network cabling and network configuration in DNS.
• Perform computer work including UPS battery replacement, battery testing, UPS control module replacement, hard drive testing and cable labeling.
• Un-box and shelve received equipment, and generally keeping labs free of used parts
• Move of lab equipment within a campus of multiple data centers
Cutting edge office
Financial Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 26, 2013
Great exposure to R&D management, collaborative environment.
Good solid company doing cutting edge work
SENIOR CONSULTANT (Former Employee), NJMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great team work, interesting work, fair pay
Cons: upper management lacked vision for sales
Enjoyed working on some very interesting projects. It was well run. Managers took care of their people. Had good teams.

About Teradata

Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help – Read more

Teradata Salaries