Teradata Employee Reviews

Management changed
Consultant Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2017
Teradata used to be a company with innovations, and was a leader in the industry. With management changed in the past 10 years, short sighted in seeing the future, plus limit the spending in R&D, no new technology was developed, and instead, just trying to catch up and to be a follower, with what they call the "industry trend". Ended up in too late to deliver the products customers needed.
Pros
No stress, no accountability.
Cons
Too specialized in one area, poor/short sighted management.
Just had a really bad manager
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 8, 2017
It was one of those rare people that just didn't manage well. It made it really difficult to work there. It happens every once in a while, and this was my once in a while I guess.
Good learning environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
Typical day consisted of retiring and implementing servers in racks. I learned many things with electricity going to rack servers and troubleshooting basic server problems.
Business Development Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAOctober 17, 2017
Teradata is the best company that I ever worked for and they are the leaders in their industry! I would highly recommend working at Teradata! The management style was very good with good communication throughout the company. The training was excellent.
Pros
great management
Poor follow through and management
Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 13, 2017
Management is not open to suggestions, and continues to make decisions without supporting data. Recent changes from industry to geo-based for sales and support organizations was made quickly without understanding culture and customer impact.

Current organizations are now competing for the same customer, confusing the customer in the process. In a recent customer presentation, three different organizations all claimed they were the primary customer focus. The customer recognized this confusion, and consequently dismissed the group, saying "come back when you figure it out".

Additionally, senior architects are scratching their heads on how we are expected to design solutions when competition ingest rates can hit 65TB/hour, with immediate access to data for analytics
Good place to work when data warehousing was lucrative
Anonymous Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 6, 2017
Learned that old school companies need to begin transforming earlier in the product life cycle.

This company is currently going through a transformation, and soon to have a new CEO, and is seriously late to the market with the cloud database solution.

The company needs to create a workplace that is sustainable, cooperative, collaborative, and transformational.
Pros
Great location and insurance benefits
Cons
Communication and siloed infrastructure
good
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  INOctober 2, 2017
Very knowledgeable teammates and technical managers. People here understand the learning curve and have been very helpful.
The market is shrinking because of competition from new open source/cloud technology.
fun work
warehouse forklift and order picker driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92127September 27, 2017
good management a lot of experience, I do QC, S5, typical day at work to do outside of warehouse, my enjoyable is I do my job that done all day shipping and receiving.
Pros
free lunch sometime
Cons
n/a
Remote Employee
DevOps/AWS Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2017
While employed by Teradata, working remote was an excellent benefit. When traveling to HQ, the facility was well kept. Parking could be a pain at times. The cafeteria was good and had an excellent selection.
Nice coworkers
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
Have friendly coworkers and they would like to help you in need. But the management is doing something clueless and keep laying off people trying to make Wall Street guys happy.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Unclear future

Want to know more about Teradata?

Ask a question
Best Company
Business Development Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAAugust 15, 2017
Working at Teradata has enriched my experience in deploying integrated marketing strategies and
optimizing campaigns that effectively build brand engagement. I now have a better understanding
on how to connect, involve and convert an audience through digital strategy.
Great team & supervisor
Accounts Payable Associate (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAJuly 13, 2017
Enjoyed working there. Great team to work with & a very nice supervisor. They really welcome you & make you feel like family. If the opportunity of an open position came about I would return.
teledata
developer, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 1, 2017
Sustained Engineering team on project RTIM (Real-Time Interaction Manager) which is self-learning decision server to select the best messages to be presented to the customer while the customer is interacting with a channel (call center or web site) where the customer initiated the interaction.
Good benefits, lots of work
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2016
Pretty fast paced environment with no shortage of issues to resolve. Generally pretty good management leadership. Not much help from other analysts who don't know much about the product which can increase workload for others
I am new to this company for 1 week
Senior Aster Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 12, 2016
I am new to this company for 1 week, too early to judge this company. Will let you know few months later.

The Teradata company is a very mature company.
productive and fun work place
Python Developer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2016
A job that provides opportunity to learn, progress and contribute to the organization.
A teamwork-oriented environment in a company that empowers employees to create and take initiatives.
A job that my skills are utilized to the maximum and allows me to grow within the organization.
Very good company
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CANovember 8, 2016
I interned in Teradata during this summer and I felt very happy when I worked there because I got many nice colleagues and my manager and mentor are really nice.
Teradata
Account Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 28, 2016
Teradata pays well and allows growth for their employees however Teradata is a company that has been around a long time and is not adapting well to change.
ok place to work
Customer Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 23, 2016
Very fast pace company. generous with vacation days. Learned how to managed stress and to prioritize workload. Good opportunities for advancement within the company. Some departments need to some management to take management class to learn how to manage people.
Pros
vacations
Cons
good health care plans
Quick, seek a career elsewhere
Cloud Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAAugust 6, 2016
Worked on a newer cloud product and Management has zero vision. Avoid if you want to save your sanity. They have no visibility into cloud vs on-premise and are still, completely reliant on large physical hardware.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradata. Our community is ready to answer.