Teradata Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent management & work experience
PS Senior Consultant / Technal Lead (Former Employee) –  VirtualApril 27, 2016
My co-workers were always extremely competent and knowledge. Teradata always encourages the consultants to maintain their skillsets and encourages great performance.
Terrible company to work for
Sales Exec (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 7, 2016
Horrible company. Ran like the old NCR company. In real financial trouble. Find work elsewhere. Management is out of touch with the changes in the industry. Very old school company.
Pros
Cons
Company is dying
Marketing Applications | Selling Out
Senior Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 7, 2016
Teradata is a good company to work for. With the pre-sale announcement that they were going to sell off their marketing applications divisions, many sales motions came to a halt. Hopefully, the new owners will take the old Aprimo products in a good direction.
Great product and company!
Senior Security Architect, INFOSEC COE (Current Employee) –  Virtual OfficeFebruary 23, 2016
Need upward mobility for senior security architects. Co-workers are close knit team willing to share experience and problem solving.
TERADATA DBA (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Teradata is wonderful place to work with appropriate Job Work and life balance.
overall job culture is best in industry
it was a great experience working over there
Big Data Developer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 22, 2016
I had a great experience working over there and people over there are very friendly and polite,the working atmosphere was awesome
Great work life balance
consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Great work life balance; Managers are very accommodating. need more diversity. The most enjoyable part is travelling to different states of the country.
Engineer 2 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Engaging work with lots of opportunities to learn new skills. Employees are friendly and easy to work with. Enjoyable atmosphere.
Company lost its customer focus
PS Consultant Level III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I was lucky. At the right place at the right time. My experience at Teradata was nothing shot of a great American story. My experience demonstrates what can happen when a company looks at an individuals skills from a personal prespective and evaluates what that person could accomplish when given the proper opportunites.
General Administrative Duties
Executive Assistant/Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 16, 2015
Enjoyed the people I worked for and with. Typical business with good and not so good situations you deal with over 25 years.
Most employees were not American computer STEM workers.
technical consultant (Former Employee) –  virtualNovember 6, 2015
Most of the employees at Teradata did not have the appropriate computer educations to be working for this company. It seemed as if they hired MBAs and tried to turn them into Technical Consultants or Watchdogs; Upper management seemed OK, middle management was unprofessional to say the least and in my opinion a great reason for the downfall of this company. There was ZERO logical reason for this downfall other than recruiting people with appropriate educational backgrounds and getting rid of DEAD WOOD long ago.

It was an honor to work for this company. Unfortunately, the place is ridden with unqualified employees who know nothing about computers and do not have any genuine interest in Teradatas products. Managers were more like just money/recruiter people.
Pros
travelling
Cons
unqualified middle management
Extremely focused, customer driven company
Senior Industry Consultant - Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 5, 2015
Teradata is a giant in the world of enterprise data warehousing. The company is small compared with primary competitors, but one that is viewed by clients more as a partner than a vendor.
Pros
Excellent product and continuing reinvestment in next-gen upgrades.
Cons
Comparatively little face to face interaction with colleagues.
Mixed bag employer & job opportunities
PRODUCT SUPPORT/SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 1, 2015
Mixed bag employer & job opportunities limited. Good-ol-boys club mentality with supervisors/managers. Questionable HR practices.
Intellegent co-workers
Hardware Test Engineer/Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2015
Good place to work, but no longer financially stable. Co-workers always willing to help. Very smart engineers. Good work/life balance. Pay was decent.
Pros
Co-workers, life/work balance
Cons
Employment not stable, lack of training
Employee Friendly
Sales, Prod Management, Consultant, Cap Planning (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaSeptember 23, 2015
Very rewarding taking Teradata public, many opportunities for job growth, very diverse product suite, Major Database Customers, analytic and data loading leaders
Pros
Workplace option
Cons
Very competitive business, many big name companies were in the same market
Challenging Place to Work
Executive Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 21, 2015
Too much business, not enough skilled people. High turnover. Good compensation. Limited career path. Very inefficient in processes. Leadership not trusted by the market place.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
100% travel requirement; no work/life balance
Nice place to work
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHSeptember 14, 2015
Great place to work, good benefits, good place for students or interns to start a career and move up the ladder. Coworkers are great.
Good company, bad engineering culture
Senior Software Engineer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2015
Lots of self-inflicted problems that come from political disagreement. Otherwise a very good place to work. If you can handle typical big company culture, this is a good place to work. I'd say it is very similar to Salesforce in many ways, but overall has a very conservative engineering culture that is somewhat reluctant to change.
Pros
good pay, nice coworkers, fun place to work
Cons
decent amount of office politics, wishy washy decision making and self inflicted wounds
Good work life balance
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2015
Good thing about Teradata is its work life balance.
Bad thing is very laid back work culture and compensation is below average market rate.
Friendly casual atmosphere where everyone helps each other
Customer Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 11, 2015
Work is never the same on an given day. Closely work with Sales and Accounts Receivable to ensure all customer files are accurate and in order.

Throughout my years with NCR/Teradata, I have learned the value of hard work. My careers have taught me to be self-motivated and adjust to a fast pace with high stress. I have almost all accountablitity of the customer invoicing and services.

I do not think I can pinpoint the hardest part of my job. I enjoy working with Sales and the customers. I also enjoy working with my co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the statisfaction I get after a hard day of work. I know I have given 100% of myself for the sake of my conscience and also the company.
Pros
Casual work wear
Cons
Distance from home / Not a lot of flexibility for work hours