Teradyne Employee Reviews

The company was actually Analog Devices Inc.
Intern / Assembly / Technician (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJuly 31, 2017
Analog Devices is on top of their game. I had the thrilling opportunity to witness the minds and hard work of the people who help take major strides in the advannement of making technology for the future more efficient and faster everyday!
Pros
A great place for a begginer or professional to hone skills in the field of technology
Cons
If you do not keep up... You will get lost.
Great learning experience
Software Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 31, 2017
Learned so much here under the supervisor and manager that I had, as they allowed me to work on a project that no one had ever done before, and the final presentation was well-received by all those in the group.
If we meet are goals the were bonuses, gifts, lunches at restaurant and anniversary gifts.
Group Leader/Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 16, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. Started as a small company and grew into a high tech board building company dealing with government and commercial products. This all happened in stages over several years and was fun to be a part of. Build machines that didn't even exist in the industry yet to make products that couldn't have been made otherwise. Worked as a group leader on first shift with an engineer for a couple of years and learned more than I could ever hope for. People there were down to earth people and would listen and work with you the make the job better.
Pros
Free lunches, gifts, bonus' etc. when goals were meet and great raises.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Many projects, but a good pace
Test Development Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAApril 16, 2017
There were a good number of projects that were constantly being worked on. As a programmer in a group of hardware developers my job was making sure that the lower level programming and user controls worked so that we could set up proper tests and make sure hardware was built properly
Good engineers
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CA, USAFebruary 14, 2017
The company used to hire very good and talented engineers. The compensation was below market. Management slowly reacted to market trends. No social spending
Productive workplace
ICT Operator (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Challenging everyday. The most enjoyable thing at work is I get to see so many different people at work and have conversation with them. Interacting with all levels of management is a plus to.
Inspector
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2017
QA related activities team player and always help others to achieve costumer goals.
Meeting and exercise for 30 min parts send with accuracy and within tolerance
Pros
bad placed too much hours explode on hours not consider family values.
Cons
you most know some one to enter as a full time employee.
Good company to work for
Hardware Engineer II - Signal Integrity Group (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Very smart people work at Teradyne that like to see other succeed. Friendly environment where teamwork is encouraged. Most are family oriented. I would work there again.
Very good place to work and have fun
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MAOctober 20, 2016
Had a great time working in Teradyne, learned a lot good things to work on with good support and great fun with the co-workers
Good
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAOctober 17, 2016
Good Company, good work environment, nice people, good location.

I recommend everyone to apply for this company.

Very good place to work.
Productive place to work
Senior Test Technician (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAOctober 14, 2016
How to deal with short deadline turnarounds. Run multiple seems to meet deadlines for product shipments. Trying to find time to complete all test projects.
Solid company but stale management
Systems Architect (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MAAugust 22, 2016
When I first started, Teradyne prided itself on it's desire and ability to create opportunities for its employees. Since then, they've shut down the education reimbursement program and the management layer is so stale that there are no opportunities for growth.

If you are a smart, self motivated, productive employee with no desire to grow into new roles/responsibilities - then Teradyne would suit you well.
Pros
flexibile scheduling
Cons
stingy salaries
The work team was great , work enviorment was challenging
Test Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2016
The work was technically challenging. I worked on Design Complex
PCB's used for testing customer devices on automated test equipment. The work required interaction with customers as well as with the Design team

I learned how to
Deal with customer and build strong relationships.
Generate Schematics using ORCAD and Concept
Check Design using Cadance allegro design tools.
Manage project schedules
Part Procurement
Pros
Flexible work Schedule
Cons
No plan for employee growth
Once in a while they had employee outings for a job well done
RF Test Tech (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAJuly 6, 2016
Got along really well with my piers. We were able to work as a team. I wished I still had that job. Too bad they outsourced them all.
Other than that, It was a good company to work for. If I could, I would love to work for them again
Pros
Great place to work for- Fairly good pay for a descent living
Cons
Outsourced
Fun Place to work, expecially when testing products
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 3, 2016
It is a fun place to work, especially when they would run bakery dough, or cookies through the food processors, because to test the consistancy of the product, you needed to cook the food and then you got to eat it.
Created electro-mechanical designs using SolidWorks. Participated automated test equipment projects to develop mechanical and electro-mechanical
mechanical engineer (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MANovember 23, 2015
Review Great working with the team. Great supervisor. Multiple products genre make the company more stable and continuous profitability.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
they release contractors after new product release.
fun
E/M Assembler (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
a very great company to work for. everyone was nice and respectful. production was great and compensation was ideal. would recommend working for his company
Enjoyed Greatly
Global Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 3, 2015
Overall provided a good experience. Management seemed to be on top of things, and the work cultural was as expected for a manufacturing company.
Fun place to work and plenty of great benefits from profit sharing to all kind of parties
ECO Specialist ;) (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincoln St, Army Base and North Reading MAAugust 18, 2015
Teradyne was one of the best places I have ever worked. To this day my husband and I still talk about how much we miss it there. I started right out of high school as a temp making really good money without even having a college degree at that time. That year business was booming though! I was hired permanent in 3 months then eventually moved up in the company and worked there for almost 10yrs. I had the pleasure of working and hanging among some of the best group of managers and co-workers ever.
The place was just a fun place to go to work everyday. No micro managing as long as you come in and did your job. We were like family at Teradyne. Christmas parties, profit sharing, summer events, company shutdowns, borrowing flex time, no punch clocks, plenty of OT (and OT was anything over 8hrs not 40hrs like other companies) just to name a few. I'm a nurse now and still have never found a company as great as Teradyne was.
great fun place to work for.
AUTOMATED OPTICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  nashua new hampshireJuly 29, 2015
Worked in automated optical inspection with computer boards for satellite. Learn attention to detail. Management was great
as well as co workers. hard part of the job was getting use working with 3 monitors at the same time. the most enjoyable was the way the company treated their employees.
Pros
great bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teradyne. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3