Teradyne Employee Reviews

The work team was great , work enviorment was challenging
Test Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 22, 2016
The work was technically challenging. I worked on Design Complex
PCB's used for testing customer devices on automated test equipment. The work required interaction with customers as well as with the Design team

I learned how to
Deal with customer and build strong relationships.
Generate Schematics using ORCAD and Concept
Check Design using Cadance allegro design tools.
Manage project schedules
Part Procurement
Pros
Flexible work Schedule
Cons
No plan for employee growth
Once in a while they had employee outings for a job well done
RF Test Tech (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAJuly 6, 2016
Got along really well with my piers. We were able to work as a team. I wished I still had that job. Too bad they outsourced them all.
Other than that, It was a good company to work for. If I could, I would love to work for them again
Pros
Great place to work for- Fairly good pay for a descent living
Cons
Outsourced
Fun Place to work, expecially when testing products
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 3, 2016
It is a fun place to work, especially when they would run bakery dough, or cookies through the food processors, because to test the consistancy of the product, you needed to cook the food and then you got to eat it.
Created electro-mechanical designs using SolidWorks. Participated automated test equipment projects to develop mechanical and electro-mechanical
mechanical engineer (Current Employee) –  North Reading, MANovember 23, 2015
Review Great working with the team. Great supervisor. Multiple products genre make the company more stable and continuous profitability.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
they release contractors after new product release.
fun
E/M Assembler (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 20, 2015
a very great company to work for. everyone was nice and respectful. production was great and compensation was ideal. would recommend working for his company
Enjoyed Greatly
Global Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MASeptember 3, 2015
Overall provided a good experience. Management seemed to be on top of things, and the work cultural was as expected for a manufacturing company.
Fun place to work and plenty of great benefits from profit sharing to all kind of parties
ECO Specialist ;) (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincoln St, Army Base and North Reading MAAugust 18, 2015
Teradyne was one of the best places I have ever worked. To this day my husband and I still talk about how much we miss it there. I started right out of high school as a temp making really good money without even having a college degree at that time. That year business was booming though! I was hired permanent in 3 months then eventually moved up in the company and worked there for almost 10yrs. I had the pleasure of working and hanging among some of the best group of managers and co-workers ever.
The place was just a fun place to go to work everyday. No micro managing as long as you come in and did your job. We were like family at Teradyne. Christmas parties, profit sharing, summer events, company shutdowns, borrowing flex time, no punch clocks, plenty of OT (and OT was anything over 8hrs not 40hrs like other companies) just to name a few. I'm a nurse now and still have never found a company as great as Teradyne was.
great fun place to work for.
AUTOMATED OPTICAL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  nashua new hampshireJuly 29, 2015
Worked in automated optical inspection with computer boards for satellite. Learn attention to detail. Management was great
as well as co workers. hard part of the job was getting use working with 3 monitors at the same time. the most enjoyable was the way the company treated their employees.
Pros
great bonuses
Great place to work.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Teradyne in Agoura Hills, CA is such a great place to work that people often stay for 20 or 30 years. Many times when people leave, they often come back to stay.
Pros
good people, team effort
Internship
Application and QA Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Did a 3 month internship with the company. Desk/lab work. Learned a lot about being a quality rep. Management and coworkers were great.
Worked in a results oriented quality program environment which kept Department in step with all other Departments.
Director, IT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2014
This job allowed me to fully use my diverse experience and education to further the full use of the latest IT methods and technologies. By working side by side with Upper Management, I developed a better understanding of Top Management issues and needs.
I had the good fortune of a great staff who produced results expected without problems.
My staff actually liked me because I looked out for their careers and developed their talents which was a win-win for us. Many have contacted me for references as their careers progressed. It was a joy to work everyday in this environment. Early some of the staff didn't appreciate being disciplined to produce results expected and they were replaced by attrition.
Fellow Directors / Managers were a joy to work with as together we produced excellent results.
Pros
excellent company - leader in our field, professional environment and fair compensation.
Cons
difficult environment initially resulted in some surprises but overcome by leading by example.
Imaging innerlayer boards
Innerlayer Image Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 15, 2014
I operated very high tech equipment. I enjoyed being part of the team, and performed whichever duties needed to be done.
Pros
running the automated imager, my personnal favorite
Excellent workplace & Fun co-Workers.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Reading, MAMay 6, 2014
Temporary role that I wish had Turned permanent.
I looked forward to Coming in every Day, and
I did learn a Whole lot - loved the Government contract
Entry online!
Fun Place
Infrastructure Architect (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2013
Architected and developed Infrastructure service applications to manage security and access of web applications through authentication (SiteMinder) and SOAP web services. Services platform included Apache reverse-proxy web server and Netegrity security policy server coupled with an LDAP database.
Great Place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Temp Position) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2013
Learned a lot about purchasing and being detail oriented. Worked with a great team.
Building a team that cares about the quality of our products.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 5, 2013
Typical day at work would consist of reviewing work orders and producing quality products.Evaluation of of equipment, maintenance, and being efficient with all processes to ensure production is on time. Quality assurance and commitment to providing a safe work environment.
Pros
working with many skilled associates.
Job for Schooling
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reading, MAJuly 19, 2013
It was my first Full Time Job

It was tough working full time and going to College full time but I did it. I worked nights and went to school during the mornings.
Co-workers were understanding on the weekends when I needed a few minutes to do some homework on the down time.
Management was great and helpful.
Pros
commute was great, helped pay for college
Cons
pay, new supervisor was evil
Client I worked for..
the Incident commander (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 20, 2013
Communicated with clients and resoved their requests asap
Software engineer
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAApril 27, 2013
Semiconductor ATE company with old technology great colleagues not much room for progress.
Nice atmosphere, good people
Receiver/ Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 4, 2013
Good work ethics. Clean and organized. well managed.
Very Safety conscious company