Terminix

Terminix Employer Reviews

Majority of time was outside as a field sales rep
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: field work, interacting with customers
Cons: changes made to compensation plan.
Received multiple awards as top sales rep. Became sales trainer specializing in commercial accounts. Accounts included, restaurants, schools, hospitals and various types of retail locations.
Shared closing techniques, customer service skills, as well as approach to marketing
Great Food
Sales-person and Inspector (Current Employee), Largo, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: empowered to lead
Cons: never got to see my children
The owner had a hand in all purchasing and quality control of the products that were brought in. The team had ample backing and training to ensure that the guest had a very enjoyable experience. I would spend my day coaching and ensuring that we could provide a great work environment for all our employees. I implemented a training program that empowered – more... the best of the staff to develop a leadership roll if they so desired and excel in their careers. This helped me to run the lowest turnover rate as I only lost employees as they finished school and moved on to their chosen careers. – less
customer service dept is a slave ship
Customer service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
not a good job for an adult . they make the job way harder than it should be .
No life and poor management skills. Good pay for hard workers.
PC Technician (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and solid paycheck if you make quota
Cons: lots of wasted time due to inaccurate or incomplete addresses, locations, verification, etc.
Only left because management took advantage of my tenacious spirit. Got burned out! Spent too much time waiting on extracurricular activities like waiting for truck to be fixed in shop, etc. Too often my truck wasn't up to par and missing chemicals needed for job completion. Would love to work for a Service Master company again but under different conditions!
Awful Company To Work For
Commercial & Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 21, 2014
Cons: you name it
Awful Company to work for.

Ridiculous, inadequate training, out dated technology.

Minneapolis/St Louis Park Branch Manager is an absolute incompetent! No help, no clue as to real world workings.

How they stay in business with current customer base is beyond me.

Don't Work There!!
Job has lots of potential, management is horrid!
Tech (Former Employee), St. Louis Park MNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits and highest paid pest company in area
Cons: work/life balance, long hours and lack of management skills.
The management is completely horrid. Management does not explain ANY required forms to fill out, any procedures. No information is given in regards to supplies needed. My immediate supervisor only says negative things about his staff. The office manage was known to make inappropriate comments during company meetings. This is no organization. A new hire – more... is quite literally put out on their own the following day once they receive their license. You are EXPECTED to be a top performer from that day forward.

Coworkers are very helpful, and want you to succeed. They ALMOST make up for the lack of management skill. – less
A nice place to work if you are looking for many hours...
Fumigator Helper (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: rewards, over time
Cons: one day off a week, strenuous work
Like any job, you get burned out. Terminix is an okay place to work. The staff and management are awesome, but the work can be strenuous.
great place
Sr. Termite Inspector (Former Employee), Evansville, INNovember 17, 2014
Alot of driving. Meeting people. Tons of paper worker. Great benifits. wonderful team mates. Became lead in a year of employment. Always on the go and travel. Hardest part was losing customers you see so much over a period of time that you get to know
Life sucking career
Sales rep (Former Employee), Niceville, FLNovember 14, 2014
Cons: all sorts of them
I got out of high school and was awakened by 80 hour work weeks with no days off sometimes. Management on up to HR was what I would call the good ole boy system. Do not work here if you want to have any free time, or have a boss who cares about his/her employes.
Great Place to work
Administrator/Daily Planner/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 14, 2014
• Analyzed daily “on-time” performance of field technicians for managers to plan scheduling; provided reporting of “on-time” completion to service managers and/or branch managers for KPI analysis
• Processed accounts receivable/accounts payable and entered daily deposits with AS/400 system
• Maintained files pertinent to operations and provided customer – more... support – less
Very nice
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 12, 2014
I didn't enjoy working with pests in peoples homes and I would rather not work this type of job.
Large Company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, NHNovember 7, 2014
Managers on the branch lever are not afraid to go to battle for the employee in there branch and make sure they get what they deserve. They are not afraid to promote within. Rapid advancement can be with this company when they are on the rise.
Good branch management, great co-workers
Pest Technician (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, company gas card, they supply uniforms and laundry service for the uniforms.
Cons: takes forever to move ahead, even with a number of years experience, have to work every saturday, possible lay off at the end of november.
The day starts off by stopping at the office if you choose. A quick hello to management, maybe a brief conversation. Pick up any supplies you may need and you drive to your territory for your first stop of the day.
A typical days number of stops can range from 10-12 on the off season and up to 15 or 16 during busy season. Depending on your duties you – more... may treat for pests or check termite bait stations or both.
The managers are helpful and always willing to talk. The new branch manager is working diligently to give the office a new, clean look. Given the type of work, you don't see a lot of your co-workers, but when you do they are all great people and willing to help when they can.
There really isn't a "hard" part to the job, but as with any service related industry, keeping the customer happy would come the closest to being considered "hard".
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to talk to a variety of people on a daily basis. – less
Best job I ever had.
sales (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 2, 2014
Time to move on even though I loved it. Worked 6 days a week 12-14 hours a day sometimes. Loved the job though. One of the best managers ever. Very good compensation and benefits.
Was taught something new.
pest technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2014
Pros: met alot of different people and made good money to support my family
Cons: i had long hours which were far from home, i had to travel over an hour just to start work..
Working here taught me something new that I was not introduced to but It taught me a lot and I enjoyed every minute of it and will keep what I learned in my future endeavors.
Fun place to work.
Office manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlOctober 31, 2014
Fun place to work.
Liked the flexibility.
Management was great.
n/a
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 31, 2014
I really love working with people.
The management are very awesome
Lies and Deceit
ADMINISTRATIVE REP. / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: hourly pay
Cons: everything else, management, rules, lack of business rules
The position that I was hired for wasn't explained correctly. The company as a whole is full of lies and deceit. The work environment is a negative one. The pay is great but I would rather take a less paying job where I would be happy then be miserable and get paid a higher amount. My health and family is more important and they don't believe in any – more... of that. – less
Busy company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Taunton, MAOctober 27, 2014
Large team exterminators with many aspects of work. Large territory to cover.
Good Company to work
Terminix Customer Service (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: off on most weekends
Cons: schdule
We had busy days as well as some slow times , good office environmental , some manager are very understanding , what I like the most is talking to people and help with their needs and questions in regards the service provide

1 2 3 4 5

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more