Terminix Employee Reviews

Terminix
Repair Technician/Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 11, 2017
Ok place to work. Poor compensation. Poor management. Poor benefits. Not an adequate amount of holidays or paid time off provided. Do not recommend this place of work.
Terminix review
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 11, 2017
I worked at Terminix for 2 years until me and my wife decided to move back to Tennessee. Terminix was a large company to work for and have great benefits. There wasn't really much to say a lot of negative things about them. They changed the pay scale when I first started and about 10 people left, who had been there for more than 10 years, left the company because of it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Picky rules
Garbage company to work for
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 9, 2017
Non steady pay unless you have been on a route for 10 plus years. New people get inconsistent routes and commission suffers accordingly. No answer from management, only cared about completed tickets to generate company revenue, did not care to assist tech when needed. Stay far away from this company.... Or at least the San Antonio branch. Very few if any techs are actually happy there.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Everything else
Terminix
Office Assistant/ Pest Control Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 8, 2017
Terminix was a great experience for me. I learned a lot of new things and had a lot of experience with being responsible for many different things. I went from one job and because of my pleasant personality and quick at learning new things and training people I became very needed there. Great experience for me and advancement financially fro me and my children
Pros
Great people
Cons
corporate america
Daily inventory
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCDecember 6, 2017
A typical day involves scheduling appointments preparing chemicals, turning paper work and money from previous day. Being prompt with appointment for scheduled clients and taking care of their needs and concerns.
Local branch had high employee turnover
Certified Inspector and Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanke VADecember 6, 2017
Local management and corporate policy not in congruence. Sales prospecting not efficient and adherence to company policies particularly safety not adhered to at local level. Employee turnover very high at the local branch.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
High employee turnover
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 1, 2017
Coworkers are fun and management tries to be fun too but it was to compensate for lack of advancement and lack of pay raises. They feed you and have raffles.
Pros
Games, Food
Cons
Lack of advancement
Technician (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 29, 2017
Great family place to work,the management was very accessiable and very understanding to your needs and not your wants which made it fun and the room fro advancement
Going down hill
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Northport, ALNovember 29, 2017
This company was always mediocre and going down hill fast. Too much "fluff" at the top in management. So many that no one knows what is really going on, Very high turn over rate at all levels.
Fast pace self motivated
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 27, 2017
Has a pest control technician Terminix is a great company to work for. They have your back many benefits and competitive. I do not wish to leave the company but they do not offer any work from home portions and right now this is what I need with current medical issues.
Pros
Great benefits and support paid time off
Cons
You are souly responsable for your route
Great place to learn and earn
Outside Sales Professional (OSP) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2017
I enjoy the people and the pay. I just want to use my brain more. I do not feel challenged in the way I'd like to continue to grow. This was my first position I have ever had where getting down and dirty is an every day part of the job.

I am not afraid of hard work, I just don't want to be under a house every day in order to make a living.
Pros
Great company perks
Cons
You earn every bit of it
Good Pay
SERVICE TECHNICIAN, STATE LICENSE (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 16, 2017
There is an opportunity for people to make a good income. However, it requires a lot of effort and time.Saturdays are required often. I make it a practice to service my accounts to the best of my ability.
Pros
Opportunity to make a good income
Cons
Too much stress put upon the employees
Pay
Pest Route Technician (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 15, 2017
Get portions of my pay deducted whenever a customer cancels service for whatever reason . Have to drive several hours on days where I am not getting paid until I get to my first appointment.
Excellent Company
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 13, 2017
Terminix is an awesome company to work for, if you invest in them, they invest in you, not just a job but a career. Great benefits with opportunity for growth. Flexibility in schedules and working with Terminix, you are not just a part of company but you are a part of a family.
good company
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 12, 2017
good company, will work you to death, good benefits, work truck, sundays off, long hours and days, good pay, not best job but also not the worst, management could be better
Terminix Review
Termite and Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 12, 2017
A great company for which to work. Management culture at Terminix was poor. Interacting with customers was enjoyable. Did not get help when I needed it.
Pros
Lots of overtime made it possible to save more.
Cons
Being forced to work against state laws
Managers don't care
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2017
Managers will call you with more work than you can do in a day. Then complain that you didn't get it done or you are way behind. When you get behind and don't finish your route, they will take your pay as a penalty.I bet I lost 30% of my pay a month because of this and I wasn't the only one.
too many changes
Commercial Sales (Current Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2017
Comp plans and territory changes create a poor sales environment. There seems to be a continually moving target. Not allowed to do the job I was hired to do.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 7, 2017
It is hard work but you get over time and make pretty good money. You get to take a company truck home. Off on sundays. You learn a lot of new trades working here because they do gutter helmets, end caps, attic insulation and a lot more.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
outstanding company, hard work and competitive
Senior Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2017
Terminix is a very fast paced company and has outstanding upper management, on the local level the management staff lacks the integrity that is applied at the national level. It is very fast paced and complicated, as a technician you will be under constant pressure, however if you can match the work with quality you will succeed with this company. Be prepared to work long hours and under all weather conditions, This career requires a special individual and if you are that person you will prosper and enjoy the company.
Pros
great benefits, competitive pay, company vehicle
Cons
long hours, poor management, poor work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9