Terminix Employee Reviews

A Company in transition
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Benton, ARJanuary 21, 2017
At least 25% of your day will be checking emails.

Learned alot about all aspects of business-sales, customer service, and financials. Great experience!

Culture has shifted a little since we became publicly held again...under the SVM ServiceMaster umbrella.

Hardest part of the job is shifting priorities due to several CEO changes in the past few years. Service level is declining and pricing is very high.

Love the team I work with and helping customers!
Pros
Getting to travel to all parts of the territory
Cons
More centralized control is cutting into creativity and enjoyment.
Fast paced work with many obsticals
Pest/Exclusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 16, 2017
Terminix can provide good work experience but overwhelming in the beginning. You have to work there for awhile to understand how this branch does things. Managers have no regard for your safety. Its not about the work you do its about who you know here. Selfish and often misinformed managers. Communication and information can be difficult to obtain. Greedy company. Long training process.
Pros
Decent pay, unsupervised, steady work, optional bonus
Cons
Bad management, hazardous work conditions, bad communication, long training process, greedy company
adventurous and exciting
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2017
A typical day at work was getting a list of customers and task to complete for that day. I learned many ways to get rid of pest problems and insect identification. Their were no hard parts to the job except being my size at 6'2 225lbs fitting into some attics and crawl spaces was a living nightmare. The most enjoyable part was meeting customers and assuring them I would do whatever takes to keep them a satisfied terminix customer.
Corporate greed and poor customer service
Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 23, 2017
The company recently made pay cuts to all positions at the branch level. The call centers and the branch have no communication so customers are constantly confused and aggravated. Service associates are expected to do the job in the fastest amount of time possible which results in unsatisfied customers. Sales associates are trained to sell with little focus on ethics.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Stressful work environment
Unprofessional management
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2017
Glad I decided not to take this job. I just went on a 1 day drive with another employee. What i learned was, the Management was the most Unprofessional person I've ever met, which is an understatement. Favoritism to certain emplyees. They try to get you sell services that are WAY overpriced, $500 to set a trap? Outrageous. Unless your desperate, there are other employment companies better then this place.
Pros
Answering questions, coaching employees to excel.
Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 5, 2016
Reviewing customer account, helping associates, to understand how to review account and deal with irate customers. The hardest part of my position when technician did not show up for their appointment and not being able to get in contact with them by their cell phone,

I enjoyed helping associates excel from the bottom of their score card, and assisting the customers when they have issues.

I learned how to use share file, read and set up score cards.
One of the worst experiences of my life.
Pest control technition (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TexasDecember 3, 2016
15+ hour days most days, only get paid for about 12 of those hours though because terminix doesn't pay you to drive back from out of town. Would consistently go days and once even a week without being able to get ahold of my branch manager. She came to the office about twice a week and left by 3 every time. She refused to do any type of work after that while the techs weren't getting home until 8, 9, or even 10 at night. Laziest manager I've ever had in my life. So glad to be out of the Terminix circus, I felt like a criminal when I worked there. Saw many customers get ripped off.
Pros
Company vehicle, which you end up paying for.
Cons
Everything else.
Not the best;but not the worst
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Great leadership team and relatively relaxed work environment. Only negative part is that they decided to switch from full time employment to seasonal hiring.
Pros
friendly leadership, very flexible with work and personal life balance
Cons
Antquated systems; very inefficient IVR which caused frustration for customers and associates
Would not recommend
OSP (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 23, 2017
This company has a good corporate model for the way things should be done. Unfortunately, the branch does not follow the corporate model. Hiring branch manager trainees with no professional experience, technicians not working with the OSP, unrealistic expectations are just some of the issues.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
No Teamwork, Illiterate Manager Trainees, Low Wages
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAJanuary 25, 2017
The first 5 years with this company was extraordinary it was the best place to work until the company was bought out and was no longer a public company. Everything went to call centers but WAS AND STILL IS A GOOD COMPANY OVERALL. They do the right thing by their customers. Dealing with the customers and the Great sales staff and technicians.
Pros
Great customers
Great team and can be a fun place to work
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2016
I really enjoy my most aspects of my job. I have a great sales team and work with a great management team, both at my level and above. I like the competition both between my sales professionals and branch against branch. They have a great compensation plan for management but there is no work work life balance. I have very little time off, I work 12-14 hours per day and most Saturdays, I even have to be available by phone on Sundays.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
no work life balance. I work 70+ hours per week with little time off
nice to be able to work with the public.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 30, 2016
job is people oriented, gives you a chance to interact and become more socially connected. Appriecate my coworkers, business needs to work on customer relations as far as call center goes. I learned to work independantly on my own and to sell the product that is offered.
Pros
public interaction
Cons
company doesnt relate well to its custumers
A great place to work to challenge yourself and help people
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INDecember 14, 2016
Terminix is a challenging place to work in that you may be doing the same thing at every house, however, every house id different. You get out of it what you put into it. it can be a fun and rewarding career. It is a work place that can be addicting.
Pros
Good pay, insurance, take home vehicle
Cons
sometimes can be long hours
Rough Company
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 30, 2016
Technicians are run to the max and are cued how to shortcut services to maximize pay,
Sales persons are hired with the promise of full-time work but generally are dismissed after a relatively short time so the Top dogs get the leads.
Management has been involved with unfavorable practices.
Pros
Excellent pest control training
Cons
Downhill after that
Something different everyday
Home Inspector/OSP (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 26, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers very much. Management definitely needs improving. So does the training. The pay scale needs to be changed dramatically. I perform home inspections for customers looking for anything wrong with their home structurally. I then sit down with the customer and discuss and the problems i found during my inspection and ways Terminix can help solve these problems.
Mismanaged Corporate Circus.
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2016
I jumped through all of Terminix in Arlington hoops and after 2 months of training the leads were pathetic. The management was totally unfocused and unresponsive. I have 20 years experience, several as a manager and the branch manager treated me like a rookie and made me do busy work because it suited his workload rather than utilizing a veteran salesman.

They were very excited when they hired me, BECAUSE of my experience and then jerked me around and put me in a bad spot financially. Save yourself the time and trouble of falling for the idea of big money with Terminix.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Bad leads, mismanagement and long hours for low pay.
Caution
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, NCJanuary 5, 2017
Be careful when working here. Do your job, and don't hope for advancement. They will imply it is possible, but they hold you back. If you are excelling but they don't want to lose you at the local branch level they will hold you back to prevent you from moving towards corporate. This is a SALES driven company.
Great company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCDecember 21, 2016
Great experiences here......

Really enjoyed my customers and running my route.

Disappointed in Management opportunities available

From learning the pest business standpoint this was a great job as all tools are available to help you do any job.
Pros
Great work enviorenment
Cons
Few Management Oppurtunities
loved it.im one of the best around,micro management company tho
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 2, 2016
Micro management ruined the company.They went and sold the company and called me back.I told the truth again and was dismissed again .i loved every minute of it tho,. Thanks Terminix.14 +year vet. W 2 nasty scars on his back.love yall
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
svs center 1 hour away
Would not go back
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 14, 2017
Started out as a great place to work then it got sold and turned into a money grubbing work place and put the customers second behind profit
Pros
Didn't have somebody telling you what to do all the time
Cons
If you wanted to take a vacation you had to do you work ahead or catch up when you got back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9