Terminix Employee Reviews

Horrible Morale, Management, Everything
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa's Net ParkJune 27, 2013
This call center strives for "World Class". Its more like "World Class Ghetto". Management changes policy everyday. Write-ups are an everyday event. Every employee was written up for the month of May-2013. The district managers hate each other and each day try to make the other look bad. Supervisors are not trained, there is no Resource Management Group, and the QA group is a joke. Ask for a company handbook, and your name gets added to the "get rid of" list.

The 78 y/o HR rep cannot remember conversations he has while conducting so called "investigations". This organization is a cesspool of harassment & discrimination. The EEOC has conducted two investigations in the short time I was there. There will be more, I'm sure. Don't waste your time with this company. They are horrible to their staff and even worse to their customers.

So glad that I'm gone. The worst three months of my life.
Pros
leaving this cesspool of hell.
Cons
taking this job over another i was offered.
Fun place to work but watch out for management
Keyman (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJuly 17, 2014
I loved working for Terminix because of the schedule. I enjoyed the customers and LOVED the sales aspect because of my competitive nature. However, in my personal experience, management is a huge let down. I was the top salesman in my store and one of the top in the entire company and because of this I spoke to my manager about a promotion. He agreed and stated that if I met certain goals he would promote me. 6 months after I met the goals I was given the run around and never received the promotion while my supervisors were passing off their work and failing to meet sales goals. I liked my co-workers and the office staff but not the management. The job was not difficult, however, scheduling appointment can be tough with certain customers. Overall I liked my job and would have never left if management would have kept the promises they made.
Pros
good work hours, take home vehicle, fun atmosphere
Cons
poor management
A company that takes advantage of employees
Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights. OHFebruary 10, 2015
My managers were the only good thing about my experience with Terminix. My managers were great men that were helpful and respectful. The way Terminix pays their technicians kept me wondering if I would get paid month to month. I personally feel employees should not have their pay docked if customers die of things like old age or car accidents. I felt my hard work and efforts do do my best did not matter because every month there was a new policy raising the requirements to receive my previously promised pay. I have to say again that my office and service managers could not of been better, but I had three technicians quite in my office because they had not received around eighty percent of their expected pay for more then a single month. These were good technicians, one of them being previously awarded employee of the month.
Pros
my managers
Cons
the way pay is allocated
Good stepping stone into the pest control career path.
Termite Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 8, 2015
A typical day at work consists of logging into your handheld and have your daily route. Greeting and speaking with customers, gaining customer relationships. Servicing customers.

I learned almost all there is to know about Termite and Pest Control. Including chemicals and what specific pests they target, also foraging patterns of different pests.

Temecula, CA 2129, very unorganized due to being a fairly new branch. Not enough employees which cause other technicians to cover more areas.

Coworkers are great and very experienced, and helpful.

Attic jobs are definitely the hardest part.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being out in the field and helping customers, gaining relationships and opening new doors. I want to help people, rather than take their money.
Pros
Company Vehicle, cell phone, and gas card.
Cons
Poor pay, and unorganized.
was a routine work place. For the most part everyday went smooth
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Powells Point, NCMarch 30, 2014
When I first started the office was very unorganized. Our store location had not met quota number in almost 1 year. Months of invoices were wanted from other departments. There were years of file shredding that needed done. With in 5 months myself and service manager managed to get quota met and steadily making a profit again. I have painted and organized, found all documents or retrieved all documents that other departments within the company needed for Ap and AR purposes. Once all those priorities were met, as a store location all went smoothly. Still had our in house issues with techs not doing their job which I handled the end of the customer, meeting their needs and pleasing them to their satisfaction. I enjoyed my job completely.
Pros
having the authority and trust to put the office back on the map.
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive and fun place to work. Everyday was a learning experience.
Branch Manager - Service (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PADecember 10, 2013
· Responsible for surpassing revenue and profit budgets.
· Instrumental in increasing profit for July 2008 by $6,000 over last year.
· Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize profits.
· Entrusted with the task of completing the trimester budget process for the branch.
· Monitor and manage inventory to ensure maximum profitability.
· Accountable for the recruiting, hiring, training, performance management & termination of employees.
· Advocate a high level of customer satisfaction.
· Maintain an efficient sales team through continuous follow-up and clear performance goals.
· Evaluate and facilitate route scheduling for technicians.
· Ensure company initiatives are implemented and followed.
Pros
allowed to run the business with in latitude
Cons
extended hours during swarm season
SOLD A GREAT PRODUCT THAT I HAD A LOT OF CONFIDENCE IN. SCHEDULED MY DAY THROUGH CALL INS, REFERALS AND COLD CALLS
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 31, 2012
THE DAY WOULD START TURNING IN PAPERWORK FROM THE DAY BEFORE AND SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS FOR THAT DAY AND THE NEXT DAY. I WOULD GO TO PEOPLES HOME AND DO A FREE INSPECTION AND GIVE THE HOME OWNER A PROPOSAL FOR TEATMENT AND PROTECTION FOR TERMITES AND PEST. I WOULD HANG DOOR HANGER AND A BUSINESS CARD ON THE FOUR CLOSEST NEIGHBORS DOORS. I FELT GOOD ABOUT SELLING THE BEST PROTECTION IN THE BUSINESS, EVEN THOUGH WE WAS THE MOST EXPENSIVE. IN THE LATE AFTERNOON I WOULD GO THROUGH RENEWAL LIST AND CALL ON CUSTOMERS THAT MISSED THEIR RENEWALS. THE WORST PART OF MY JOB WAS CRAWLING UDER HOUSES ALL DAY. THE BEST PART OF MY JOB WAS HELPING THE PEOPLE WITH THEIR PEST PROBLEMS.
Pros
great product, rewarding helping people.
Cons
very seasonal. had to provide own car and gas.
Terminix review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs CoOctober 17, 2012
Busy on phones helping people answering questions I learned a lot about bugs and the service, Management was supportive and always there when I needed them for most things. I got along great with everyone in the office i worked around they are great people the other csr's for phones like me i did not know most of them but the few i did we got along well. Very upset yelling customers that i could not help as much as i wish i could of and the constant change of procedure and limited of what we could do for a customer was sometimes hard but always found way though it and was always positive. Interacting with people on the phones and being able to help them but mainly the group I had around me at the office they were fun sweet and always made you laugh great group of people.
Pros
people, good benifits, good pay
Cons
constant change in regulations and cut backs
Inconsistent values-poor management
office administrator (Former Employee) –  WvJanuary 4, 2016
I applied for an admin position in the local branch. The job description was nothing like what the job ended up being. I was a glorified collections agent that spent the majority of my day getting yelled at because sales guys will say anything to get a sale. The service mgr ran around like a chicken with his head cut off while the branch mgr hid in his office, until he had to deal with something. I caught sales guys lying and stealing, and nothing was done.i got yelled at for not being able to collect on jobs, but mgrs went MONTHS ignoring customer complaints, because the jobs weren't completed.Nothin like fighting with a 65 y/o widow who owes $5,000 and her home is worse off than before terminix showed up. RUN AWAY! Don't work here or hire them
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management, terrible customer service
Good paying job with frequently changing schedule
Outside Sales/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 15, 2012
My day begins by checking to see if my schedule has changed since the day before. I then go to my first stop and complete necessary tasks such as preventative pest control or solving a pest related problem for my customers. I continue this for for the rest of the day. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the high volume of pests during the summer months. The best part of the job is being outside and being in different places from day to day. I don't have very much interaction with co-workers unless we have a meeting. Our management does a decent job with the resources they have. Upper management however, makes constant changes to our work schedule and our working conditions which can be frustrating.
Pros
good pay, company vehicle, job security
Cons
long hours, no schedule consistency
We Kill Bugs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 21, 2013
At the end, a typical day was logging into the phone system and only receiving calls from the entire Nation.
I learned to problem solve on the fly. Bugs are different from State to State.

My direct management was good. Especially the Branch Manager. I had several different managers in just under six years.

My Co-Workers made the job fun. I enjoyed working with all of them.

The hardest part of the job was getting customers in other States who were used to CS Reps from their area to believe that I could help them.

The most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and our regular customers though at the end they could never get through to us, they were getting Reps in other States too.
Pros
mostly plesant working enviornment and co-workers
Cons
driving over 40 miles each way, not being able to have our local customers contact us anymore
Produce and changing workplace
Business Operations Analyst (Daily Planner) (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 5, 2015
Daily meetings with branch and senior management
Managed service technicians
Reviewed and gathered completion results and communicated with management
Made changes with customer accounts
Daily completion reports transferred to excel
Created and shared new ideas to improve the performance of the branch and sales
Created suspend letters and other critical letters to assist with collections
Stated ideas to strengthen sales to senior management
Works well with others and always has a positive attitude
Extremely organized and task orientated
Experience with marketing, advertising, business operations, analytical duties, finances, and Microsoft office
Pros
healthcare, customers
Cons
no room for advancement, continuous changes with business through CEO's
Pest Control Tec.
Inside Sales Specialist / Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 28, 2013
I helped clients with there pest problems by identifing the organisim/s making a treatment plan and aplying the correct material to solve the problem

I learned alot. I came into this job not realy beliving that anyone needed the service and came out knowing not only how wrong I was but loving the Job I was doing.

When I lost a customer it was never A falt of my self or the Co. The only customers I lost was becouse they passed on. It is hard when you have a repore with your customers and this happends.

I love having the WOW effect...... When not only did you do the job professionaly but in a timely manner and the customer is so inpressed that they not only tell you that you did a great job, but they take the effort to call the boss as well... Noe thats gerat.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
did not have any i loved this job
Pay is good... nothing else is
Sales (Former Employee) –  SE usaNovember 13, 2012
I was promised certain things when I was hired about my job (not including how I would be paid); The only training I received was offsite for an entire week that had almost nothing to do with my job description; My immediate supervisor had no idea how my job works and gave me unreasonable expectations; My paycheck was wrong for over a month and management blamed the corporate office, then when I called corporate, they said it was my branches fault, etc, etc; I constantly had to go over my supervisors head to get questions answered; Confidential information about myself was shared among management via email; I had to work later during the day and more days altogether than any other employee in my branch; Management had mood swings and were constantly contradicting themselves... STAY AWAY
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
A fairly new call center, no incentives were offered for production
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TxDecember 14, 2012
A typical day of work consisted of, making outbound call to customer who's bills were passed due. While at Terminix I learned about the different types of bugs,and the cecticides used to kill the pests. Also I learned the areas that certain bugs are mostly attracted to.Management were very nice. Management did not interact enough with the employees. When I first started the Co-workers were not very sociable. The environment was more like you have to figure out a lot of the job out on your own. The hardest part of the jot to me was having to figure out how to work the system out by yourself. The enjoyable part of the job was when we had monthly potlucks.
Pros
team meetings
Cons
healthcare/ dental was not provided, no bonuses, not a teamwork environment.
Terminix International
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 16, 2014
The hours were great and the pay got the job done. The only problem with the work itself was that I almost only dealt with the unhappy customers. The real thing that made the job unpleasant was the management and almost no job security. The main manager would regularly be seen on his phone on the floor, which is illegal there, per PCI compliance. The job security was another thing. An entire, 24-person training class starting in January 2014 has been let go. Four people have been fired in the last month, three of which were top performers. This is what makes me believe Terminix fired them is because they were being paid too much. It is a terrible feeling going in to work every day wondering if I will be coming back tomorrow
Pros
great hours, competitive pay
Cons
poor management, low job security
job is stable and consistant but i need more stable schedule on day to day basis.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Altoona, PAMarch 8, 2015
My day consist of performing pest control service on a predetermined amount of customer plus any customers that can be fit into schedule at agreed time. I have learned better customer relations and determining the best route of service to take for there problem. Management is good but sometimes inconsistent at a personal level. Being that i work on my own ( 2.5 hrs. from office) i do not really get to spend time with my coworkers. the hardest part would be not being able to take care of the problem in the beginning for the customer and having to go back over and over to resolve the issue. the best part is definitely the relationship that you build with the customer.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
not being able to help the customer fast enough.
Uncertain future
Inside sales/contact center (Former Employee) –  Lewisville,TXMay 17, 2014
Firstly I will state Terminix is Servicemaster...I was hired after a highly detailed process featuring group interviewing and full on assessment and y jacking at the Lewisville contact call center. Upon completion of this process you interview...later upon consideration you are drug screened then upon passing you are hired..Everything was and is great with process however the wait time beyond start date and training is at issue.
My major problem is I failed to make it to the call center training at the listed time yet I called about being lost. .after the 45 min late time they stated I could no longer continue and then needed to reapply.
Needless to say I haven't...I never will...good luck all and Don't ever be late!!
Pros
i will never know...
Cons
never be late because nothing and no one will forgive you.
Kill those bugs
General Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 24, 2015
Life at Terminix is riddled with its own bugs. The hours are long and the jobs can be grueling. If you enjoy close interaction with bed bug and roach infestations and people who don't do their part to help the situation, then this might be the job for you. As a route tech you will be responsible for a large territory and the pay can be worth your troubles. The job is more suited for people who don't have or don't want a life outside the job - single, children grown, etc. Mostly weekdays, and some Saturdays. It is against company policy if your vehicle even moves on Sunday. Vehicles are monitored via satellite. Vehicle maintenance are the responsibility of the tech (arrange maintenance - not diy). Equipment maintenance is the responsibility of the tech (diy - little to no training - figure it out yourself).
Working at Terminix Pest Control...
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 29, 2014
A typical day at work varies; you could be done by noon, or you could be out until past 7 o' clock. The company pays for all necessary training and licensing needed, but if you get placed on a route with "unsatisfactory customers", be prepared to take a ration of you-know-what every day you check in. The co-workers vary between branch to branch, but the hardest part is dealing with ignorant people, and then taking the blame for it, no matter WHAT. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the pay, if you have a good route and good customers, you'll make good money. If you get stuck with a bad route with customers who are hard to deal with, won't pay their bills, or cancel, be prepared to make barely enough to make it through the month.
Pros
pay, individually driven, flexible hours
Cons
management