Terminix Employee Reviews

Great learning environment, good pay, benefits and 410k
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Good working environment, good pay and benefits.Opportunity to help grow your route and make a lot of money through sales, leads and retention.
Pros
Sales and production
Cons
Few lunch breaks and high customer cancellation means less compensation
Great work experience
Re-Inspector (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARFebruary 3, 2017
I learned a lot working at this job but the job itself is kinda hard on the body. You have to work in all weather conditions, take risks of being bitten or attacked by poisonous rodents/bugs and vicious animals.
Pros
interact with new people every day
Cons
rough on body when crawling under homes
Why did I take this job?
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 27, 2016
Management straight up lies to you to get you to take this job. They don't stop lying once you do take it. You will have no personal life. You will be tires all the time. You will not have the training or tools to do your job and they will blame you for it.
Pros
You get a paycheck.
Cons
So many. So very many.
Great Company
Branch General Manager (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 17, 2017
Great Company. Great management teams from the region level down.
Wonderful benefits.

Upper management can be a bit disengaged, but that doesn't mean they are bad people.

At times too much transition and changes.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Not enough training for managment
Management issues
Book Keeper/Collections/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2017
When the Owners children took over the company they did not know how to manage. I worked her for 5 years and managed the office the the 4 new people in the office but wasn't given the title of manager due to the fact that I was not part of the family
Job Performance and Team WORK
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 7, 2016
Provide customer service to our customers and delivering service in a timely matter as scheduled by customer. In the process what I learned was that friendly and consistent customer service more important than the job itself, my co-workers was the best understanding that when one of us win we all win which we grouped together as a sports team playing for a championship. But the hardest part of the job was the constant driving ten to twelve ours a day and best part of the job meeting and working with the customer to solve any issues they may have. The most enjoyable part of my time employed at Terminix is knowing that I have addressed my customers problem and left that customer satisfied with the service which I provided.
Must like Bugs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCOctober 4, 2016
Must enjoy fast paced and friendly work environment. You must enjoy working with the public and answering their questions and finding solutions to their pest control problems. You have to be a team player as you work with several office staff and technicians. Good company to work for, benefits, and room for advancement.
Great place to work very much customer Service .
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
Great job great benefits, company supplies uniforms and work vehicle must be drug free good back ground. must be to work long hours ,must willing to travel and must be certified by the state.
Pros
very good work enviroment
Cons
must be willing to long hours.
Poor Management
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 26, 2016
The management are always picky. They want it one way all the time. If there's an issue with one manager, you need to go straight to HR because there is no such thing as an open door policy [even though they say there is]. The problem manager always wants to bud in the conversation. They leave the door open when you do try to talk to then. Having a truck was nice, but means you get paid by salary. Not much base pay.
Pros
Truck, Gas Card
Cons
Management sucks, Always Picking.
great advice from coworkers
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78413January 25, 2017
i always knew i was working every day through Saturday it provided me with a whole lot of knowledge that i would never have known if i didn't enter the feild
Pros
work truck didnt have to spend gas money
Cons
truck werent maintained
Very poor management.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTAugust 21, 2016
Management exploited their employees. The technicians were constantly overloaded with work. The route coordinator was inadequate offering little to no assistance to the technicians who tried to improve their routes by keeping their work in one town at a time. Instead, techs were sent all over the state resulting in a waste of gas, money and time.
Pros
Learning about insects and rodents. No one looking over your shoulder at all times.
Cons
Very little personal time. Life revolved around the job. After long days, had to go home and call customers and plan for the following day.
great company
Termite technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 2, 2017
any other branch than the westminster branch is a joy to work for. follow the rules or you will be terminated immediately. i learned how to control pest and manufacture cages
Pros
over time and travel
Cons
health benefits and petty coworkers
Great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Terminix is a great company and is very profitable. The company tends to operate from a top down model and can often be to big to make sharp turns when needed.

Company is still struggling with how to pay it technicians.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
To much HR
Good job with potential
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 19, 2016
Being an outside sales representative or home inspector can be a very rewarding job. You spend most of the day driving from customer to customer inspecting homes and offering product solutions. Customers call the call center and request inspections. Leads are limited and very random. Depends on your geographical location and if you are deemed a closer, otherwise, you will have to do cold calling.
Management is okay, but inflexible when it comes to working with employees needs. Good luck getting time off. Be forewarned, you will be in many dirty homes dealing with some extremely unpleasant insects, bed bugs, fleas in particular. Company is in midst of a tech upgrade.
Pros
company car and tablet
Cons
working in dirty and unsafe homes
Lies
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARDecember 30, 2016
They lied to me about advancement opportunities within the company. Long hours kept me away from my family WITHOUT compensation. Equipment was junk. I wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company.
Pros
None really.
Cons
Hours, benefits, pay
Poor management and very little support
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 16, 2016
They had a lot of BS jobs, nothing a technician could really do..homes needed home improvement work.. not chemicals. . A big ripoff if you ask me..managers very unprofessional. .everything was about money and not solving problems. .
Pros
Paid weekly.
Cons
No respect for the worker.
overworked
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 21, 2017
once terminix sold we became cash pigs after ten years I quit if you work hard the managers go on really nice vac that's why they push so hard it's all about the numbers
Pros
Pay vehicle
Cons
Over worked underpaid and def not appreciated
Terminix Dayton
Licensed Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 26, 2016
Branch Manager does not promote women. Both women inspectors left company who were top producers over 8 years. Branch manager lied consistently and promoted "the boys club". Branch manager enjoyed bullying and gossiping. Branch manager insisted on micromanaging your daily activities, meeting Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No balanced life
Fun Enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 31, 2016
The call center was very fun to work for, I was laid off along with 8 other people. My supervisors really stuck out their neck for me on alot of things. Great co-workers as well
Pros
company lunches, contests
Cons
dealing with rude customers all day
Productive and team development
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSNovember 5, 2016
Normal day consist of morning meetings to assured we are on the right path to increase sales and customer growth. The biggest challenge would be getting enough appointments each day. I have a veteran staff that loves what they do each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9