Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Great Career
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Freedom
Cons: Freedom
Great Career. Have the chance to make good money as long as your a hard worker and don't need to be baby sited. Great Management and great culture.
Good, Solid Company ... Needs to Pay Better
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Good, Solid Company
Cons: Needs to Pay Better
Good training. Company Car. Only pays draw vs. commission. I haven't been there since 2002, so things may have changed greatly. If pay had been more appropriate, I'd probably still be there.
Everyday games,food and contest
Inbound / Outbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Several sales options to secure a close
Cons: Not having available technicians for later shifts
A highly energetic office full of sales reps,using creative effective communication,to get maximum results and closed deals.When you first walked in you may be surprised with employees cheering,because of your performance for previous days or weeks. I learned a technique on how to show the customer ways they saved money,by purchasing the companies best and most difficult program to sell,by upselling a comparison of the least amount of service,for the price. All the employees were very helpful,and eager to see you succeed,the hardest part of the job,was hearing some of the emotional customers who had horrible,pest issues,that needed our service attention,but the hours of operation,sometimes left a next day scheduling,instead of right away. The enjoyable thing was there was always spiffs,prizes and games after every accomplishment,and company parties were a treat.
A Great Job to have
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 4, 2015
A great job to have. Very laid back environment. The hardest part of the job is the phone calls that come. The customers can be very harsh at times, however you do get customers that are pleasant to speak with.
Good for people with no other options
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fishers, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Decent money, freedom
Cons: Selling unneccesary services, pressure to work lots of hours
The company over charges for services and is nearly impossible to beat other companies prices. The excuse is that they pay for "better service". As a sales rep either you're first on the scene and make the sale or a smart buyer has gotten other quotes and you have no chance. The best part about the job is you are on your own to create leads and you kind of control your income ceiling by how much time you put in. If you have no life then you can make good money. If you don't have 60 hrs a week then the manager will give leads to the person who does.
Productive and fun place to work
Service Scheduler (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 31, 2015
I definitely learned how to think fast and multitask. It was a challenge, but it was enjoyable to know what I was capable of.
Great People and Company
Termite Treater (Former Employee), Denham Springs, LAMarch 27, 2015
I found the management and other employees to be very nice to work with. The work itself was not for me, but it is what to be expected when treating for termites. I liked the degree of autonomy afforded to me. You are not stuck in an office all the time and it was really nice to be outside on pretty days.
fast paced fun atmosphere
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa,FLMarch 27, 2015
Managing a team of 15 to 30 employees in addition to supporting the production floor. Coworkers are outstanding and always ready to help.
Good Place to Work
Keyman Technician (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyable place to work since everyday is different. The people that work there are very helpful to co-workers. Provide pest control to clients, inspect for termites, moisture problems in crawlspaces, and make sales proposals.
I have been on my jobs a really long time. I am a hard and dedicated worker.
Sheriff's Deputy (Current Employee), Amite, LAMarch 24, 2015
A typical day at work consist of 18 to 20 accounts. We get along with all the co-workers. The hardest part of my job does not really exist I have been doing it for so long. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customer's. I really love being involved.
Terminix
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2015
Pros: scheduled pay raises, vacations, and good benefits.
Cons: the company had a turnover in branch managers.
I really like working for this company. I had good routes. The pay was less than I desired. I had great managers. I had vacation pay and benefits. However, I always thought I could do better on my own.
Great cusomrts bad management!!
Customer service (Former Employee), Chicago,ILMarch 22, 2015
Pros: nice customers!!
Cons: bad pay, bad benifits!!
Only caried about numbers,did not care about their emplyees,Worked for 6 months,long hours short pay,management not good,Thank you!!
Great Oppurtunity w/ many good players
Service Manager (Current Employee), TexasMarch 18, 2015
Pros: compensation, company truck/gas
Cons: lack of work/life balance
Big Goals & Growth ahead
To many hours expected from you
24/7 call center that dispatches to the field at customer request
Lots of caring employees who like to take care of customers
Not as many mgrs that care for employees
Pathetic Dead End Job
Collections (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: See review
They treat you like a criminal. You can't even leave your work station to go to the bathroom without them counting it against you. The have so many sub categories to meet. Even though I was top 3 out of 12+ collectors at any given time, they would still write you up for each category you fell short in each month. I wanted to transfer to be an outside tech away from the call center. They told me I had to wait for 6 months before I could transfer. When the 6 months came, and I was eligible to transfer and have benefits, they made up reasons out of thin air to let me go. BY FAR THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED. THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES AS IF YOU ARE THEIR ENEMY.
long days and nights no personal time with family
Pest Technician (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: own vehicle, gas card
Cons: short breaks, late nights, under appreciated
early morning preparation to get on schedule to run routes

I have learned how to use chemicals properly to control or kill insects in homes. identification, harborage areas of where insects lives.

management is great

my co-workers are very knowledgable of the work

customer appreciation
It Sucked
Termite Treater (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 16, 2015
One of the worst jobs I have had before. Management sucked. There was nothing enjoyable about it at all. Crawling under houses in real tight spots not the greatest thing to do.
fine
SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), earthMarch 12, 2015
fine just fine managing adult children that don't care sometimes is hard to care enough to write 20 words is this enough still not enough how about now
Productive work place with room for advancement
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 9, 2015
Terminix has a plesant work environment and is a great place to work. The company encourages growth and has plenty of opportunities for advancement.
job is stable and consistant but i need more stable schedule on day to day basis.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: customer relations
Cons: not being able to help the customer fast enough.
My day consist of performing pest control service on a predetermined amount of customer plus any customers that can be fit into schedule at agreed time. I have learned better customer relations and determining the best route of service to take for there problem. Management is good but sometimes inconsistent at a personal level. Being that i work on my own ( 2.5 hrs. from office) i do not really get to spend time with my coworkers. the hardest part would be not being able to take care of the problem in the beginning for the customer and having to go back over and over to resolve the issue. the best part is definitely the relationship that you build with the customer.
great work enviroment
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 6, 2015
Pros: fun work
Cons: no advancement opportunities
love this company great people meeting new customers everyday and providing great quality service fun people to work with good manager fun times but also good work enviroment

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more

Terminix Salaries