Terminix Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work.
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 2, 2016
Fast pace at times but management and co-workers are very helpful and understanding. Benefits are some of the best in town.
Enjoyable place to work
IT SUPPORT AND SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, and Sacramento, CAMay 27, 2016
I build programs that help my crews complete their daily tasks, as well as programs for tracking work, routing, billing, all aspects of the primary contract that we work.
Management was great, training and work hours are subpar.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2016
I may have been fortunate enough to work under a really good sales manager, but the training and work hours can be brutal. You will be expected to work Saturdays, sometimes every Saturday. Also, the training is very long and detailed to secure licenses, but the actual training as far as policies and procedures for Terminix is almost non-existent. They teach you how to sell pest products but fail to teach you how the actual branch or location operates.
Advancements
Retentions Specialists (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2016
The most important thing I love about this job is that they give everyone an opportunity to advance to a different level. They train and make sure that you are ready to take on the new position.
Highly production focused company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 21, 2016
Terminix is a highly production driven company that focuses on their customers at the expense of the employees. The most difficult part of the job is trying to maintain any type of a work life balance, especially with the compensation package that does not reward the extra hours that are required.
Enjoyed my job very much
Regional Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
A typical work day could change at any time. Always something different.

I learned a lot about auditing company policies and procedures

I enjoyed my co-workers. I am still friends with them.

The hardest part of the job was Life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new every day.
Pros
company car, gas card, phone, laptop, credit card
Terminix Outside Sales Professiona
Outside Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXMay 18, 2016
Rock solid company with room for advancement. Flexible schedule with opportunities to meet a lot of good people. Company can be disorganized at times. Technology is slow and has complications regularly. Good health benefits, retirement, and 401K possibilities.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Commission only based salary
Strong culture, great place to work!
Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2016
I'm in leadership @ Terminix & have been for many years, and have seen an amazing evolution take place over the last few years. The main differences are that we've adopted a continuous improvement mindset, have solid momentum & vision, and are doing a tremendous amount of work to ensure we involve front line Associates in our major decisions, which helps us avoid pitfalls & build a sense of ownership at all levels. I've never been more proud to work for Terminix/ServiceMaster.
Pros
Upward mobility, leadership development, strong compensation, great work-life balance, recession resistant industry
Cons
If you dont like change this is NOT the place for you, I happen to love it.
fun with great supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 16, 2016
Terminix is a fun place to work, but the hours they have you working are not that great and they work you exrta hard and then some of the managers dont want to help you.
It was ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 15, 2016
Overall wasn't to bad. Sales manager is really good and most employees are fairly good. If your in sales you have to use your personal vehicle and that was the only reason why I left.
Pros
Good money and alot of freedom.
Cons
Using your own vehicle
Well entrenched company with able superiors
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  S.C. Coastal PlainsApril 30, 2016
This company is the most organized and well operated company I have ever been associated with. They are one of the few franchises left at Terminix Inc. Family owned and operated since 1962. I admire the management as well as the owners.
Pros
Hands down the dominate pest control company in S.C.
Cons
Had to cover 2 territories.
great life balance concerns
termite tech. (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 26, 2016
friendly people, very good training, willing to work around home and work issues. work load manageable. outdoor work, meeting customers. found insects fascinating. great management interaction
Pros
great co. to work for.
Good coworkers
PC Route Technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2016
The people at the branch level are great to work with the company does not care for its employees. little to no work life balance. no time with family
Pros
take home vechical
Cons
charged for take home vechical
Ok Place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 20, 2016
Was with company for over a year, they start you off with ok pay, but if your not persistent and pounding away every day you will not see a raise you become another person working for the man ✌🏽️
It was a well established company for over 60 years.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2016
It was always difficult to work with only 3 of days of training and supervisor to busy to train me properly. I learned alot in being a pest control tech. Management was ok but supervision was less than ok. Co workers in residential staff didn't get along with sales staff and they didn't get along with commercial staff. Teamwork within the whole staff didn't provide any inspiration or encouragement to give give 110% at work.
Pros
Looking good be tough attitude.
Cons
No harmony within the company just who makes the most money attitude.
Good Company with a Strong History
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 19, 2016
My role there was to evaluate CSR calls to ensure the highest customer service was provided to our current client and new customers. I did enjoy this as it would allow me to coach and development our call center associates.

Management was good. There was a lot of recognition as we celebrated the accomplishments of others
Pros
alot of recognition, trips as awards
Cons
not enough room to grow
Great law firm.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2016
Great small law firm. Wonderful owners and great work environment. Unfortunately, the owner died and it went out of business.
Pros
Great compensation and work environment
Cons
No longer in existence
Company expected way to much for hours worked and pay.
Pest Technician - Dates Employed (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20110April 18, 2016
Over worked & under paid. Expect more than what any tech could do. They claimed 12 stops per day, don't believe them, more like 15-19 stops per day.
Pros
NONE
Lots of time driving
Termite Control Tech. (Former Employee) –  IowaApril 11, 2016
Was hired during a short staffing problem. Worked 6 days a week on average 10 - 12 hours a day, sometimes as much as 16 hours a day due to distances that had to be covered. On the job training was a tad lacking on some items. Nobody on the planet was fast enough or accurate enough to keep operations manager happy.
Pros
People I worked with were some of the best people I ever meet.
Cons
Operations management !!!!
Great job
Terminix Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 6, 2016
Great job on your on most of time no boss hanging over your shoulder. Set your on time meet lots of people. Pay ok company truck, outside alot

2.9