Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Poor work/life balance
Outside Sales (Current Employee), Tucker GeorgiaJune 28, 2015
Not a horrible company. But not the dream job for a college graduate. Outside in the sun alot. And your sales manager determines who gets all the "good/inbound" appointments. Work life balance is horrific!
Productive and fun place to work.
Administration Supervisor (Current Employee), Glendale, AZJune 27, 2015
Terminix has been a great company to work for. It has provided opportunity to advance and grow as the company is expanding and pursuing its goals.
Fun, always something new
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Lexington, SCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, work at own pace, like being your own boss
Cons: Working mostly outdoors in all weather, can be in uncomfortable situations such as in attics and under houses.
Fun place to work, always something different. Create your own schedule, meet a lot of great people. Made long lasting friendships with previous customers.
SEEK EMPLOYMENT ELSEWHERE!
Service Technician (Former Employee), Plainview, NYJune 21, 2015
Pros: Steady work.
Cons: Poor management, unrealistic expectations of the service professionals.
The work is steady and it is your typical pest control occupation. However, they look for different ways to pay you less. At first, they preach about customer retention and base a large portion of your pay on that. When your customer retention is good they suddenly tell you that it's all about sales leads and that becomes the biggest incentive...until you give them all the sales leads they can handle then it's all about making the sale yourself. This may not be an issue throughout the company but it's definitely an issue at the Plainview, NY branch. Management is poor and has failed to earn the trust of the employees that are face to face with the customers that pay them.
Good people
Branch Manager (Current Employee), north carolinaJune 19, 2015
good benefits company car gas card above average pay. good support system and leadership. paid time off and good company 401k match
questionable management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2015
the office in which I was located was run by a dishonest manager. I was not willing to lie to customers or plant dead termites in a home for a sale
Exciting new opportunities arise
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: easy schedule
Cons: short lunch breaks.
The company is the largest pest control business in the country. There are many positions available at any given time and they always prefer to hire from within first.
Exciting and fun place to work
Business Office Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 16, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, flexible work schedule, and company perks and benefits
Cons: none known
I enjoyed my time with this company, all the people were great, management was friendly and very approachable, i enjoyed going to work there everyday. There really wasn't a hard part it was very enjoyable.
Good Company Great Service
Sales and Customer Serv (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: the schedule and the benefits
Cons: the long drive that i had to make to get there
It's a good company to work for and the service that customers receive is outstanding. The drivers are well qualified and do their best to get the job done. The benefits are outstanding and the employees are wonderful.
Terminix in Newburgh, NY
Technician (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: a Job.
Cons: Manager with GOD complex....thats says it all...to me
I worked there for three weeks. I was hired as Hourly/weekly. After the third week they decided to hold weeks pay. Then I was told I was hired as bi-weekly. It inconvenienced me greatly. Then they told me They made a Mistake but, I wouldn't be compensated for their Error. The Manager has a GOD complex. He feels whatever he says is Law, with no chance of speaking your side of the story. They had 3 people Quit within a week. What does that say about the way things are done at that office ?? Terminix may be good company to work for but, They need to get rid of the current management, it would really make a BIG difference in the people who would want to make Pest Control a Career. People have Families to take care of.
very fast paced and hard on personal equipement
Outside residential sales and inspection (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: management
would prefer if this position i once occupied was more managed properly. The hiring process was very Amateur. Was a great learning experience and would continue with the company if there was more of a benefit package at least.
Commercial Business Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaJune 9, 2015
Open to close daily
How to improve myself to fit the mission statement
Can always improve themselves
Waking up at 4am
The recreation room.
Good stepping stone into the pest control career path.
Termite Control Technician (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Company Vehicle, cell phone, and gas card.
Cons: Poor pay, and unorganized.
A typical day at work consists of logging into your handheld and have your daily route. Greeting and speaking with customers, gaining customer relationships. Servicing customers.

I learned almost all there is to know about Termite and Pest Control. Including chemicals and what specific pests they target, also foraging patterns of different pests.

Temecula, CA 2129, very unorganized due to being a fairly new branch. Not enough employees which cause other technicians to cover more areas.

Coworkers are great and very experienced, and helpful.

Attic jobs are definitely the hardest part.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being out in the field and helping customers, gaining relationships and opening new doors. I want to help people, rather than take their money.
Overworked and under paid.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park MNJune 5, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: Training, mgmt, pay, and equipment.
I work 10 to 14 hours a day spraying chemicals and dealing with mouse corpses and unreasonable phobic customers. I learned that the management ,at all levels, will not hear or address the safety and training failures that are part of it's culture. My co workers are afraid to speak up for fear of favoritism and backlash. The GM is inept and aloof and garners no respect. The service manager is poorly trained and this lack filters down through the ranks. The best part of the day is anytime I'm in the truck. The pay plan is a joke!
Produce and changing workplace
Business Operations Analyst (Daily Planner) (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 5, 2015
Pros: healthcare, customers
Cons: no room for advancement, continuous changes with business through CEO's
Daily meetings with branch and senior management
Managed service technicians
Reviewed and gathered completion results and communicated with management
Made changes with customer accounts
Daily completion reports transferred to excel
Created and shared new ideas to improve the performance of the branch and sales
Created suspend letters and other critical letters to assist with collections
Stated ideas to strengthen sales to senior management
Works well with others and always has a positive attitude
Extremely organized and task orientated
Experience with marketing, advertising, business operations, analytical duties, finances, and Microsoft office
the guys are fun to work with and you get to meet really nice customers
pest tech (Former Employee), marshall, txJune 4, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: they want you to sale more of what people don't need and cheating customers
Co-workers are very nice and fun to talk to and your on the road driving more then anything. Management will work with you until they're boss pushes them to have you work more.
Great Career oriented company
Route Manager/Pest Technician (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great friendly enviroment
Cons: communication on some levels
I relly enjoyed the employment and the many oppurtunities from this company.Management was great and helpfull.The company really put trust in you as an individual.
Moderately demanding job with potential
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 1, 2015
Excellent job of using your quality skillls and talents in customer service of seeing rewards in meeting customer expectations.Being on time and listening to what the customer needs and expects and completing job in timely manner.Being nice and limiting problems with willingness to return if any further signs of problems or something else occurs helps you retain customer for a long time.
Productive and effective workplace
Pest Control Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
I start my morning off by calling my customers the night before their actual appointment to inform them what time I would be coming out to their homes. I've learned how specific pest enter into homes and how to control them. I enjoy management and my co-workers; we are a team. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job are my customers; some are very kind, sweet and appreciative while others explode on the first person they see, which is usually me. All in all, that's just life(everyone is not happy).
great job, great crew, awesome management team
Termite/Pest Control Tech (Former Employee), Benton, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: get to work in a lot of different places-travel locally
Cons: crawl space insulation installation
Highly recommend this job to any hard worker that wants to make money. Great staff at the Benton IL location. I loved this job, mainly because of the co-workers.
Headquarters