Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Good Company Great Service
Sales and Customer Serv (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: the schedule and the benefits
Cons: the long drive that i had to make to get there
It's a good company to work for and the service that customers receive is outstanding. The drivers are well qualified and do their best to get the job done. The benefits are outstanding and the employees are wonderful.
Terminix in Newburgh, NY
Technician (Former Employee), Newburgh, NYJune 11, 2015
Pros: a Job.
Cons: Manager with GOD complex....thats says it all...to me
I worked there for three weeks. I was hired as Hourly/weekly. After the third week they decided to hold weeks pay. Then I was told I was hired as bi-weekly. It inconvenienced me greatly. Then they told me They made a Mistake but, I wouldn't be compensated for their Error. The Manager has a GOD complex. He feels whatever he says is Law, with no chance of speaking your side of the story. They had 3 people Quit within a week. What does that say about the way things are done at that office ?? Terminix may be good company to work for but, They need to get rid of the current management, it would really make a BIG difference in the people who would want to make Pest Control a Career. People have Families to take care of.
very fast paced and hard on personal equipement
Outside residential sales and inspection (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: management
would prefer if this position i once occupied was more managed properly. The hiring process was very Amateur. Was a great learning experience and would continue with the company if there was more of a benefit package at least.
Commercial Business Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Tampa FloridaJune 9, 2015
Open to close daily
How to improve myself to fit the mission statement
Can always improve themselves
Waking up at 4am
The recreation room.
Good stepping stone into the pest control career path.
Termite Control Technician (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Company Vehicle, cell phone, and gas card.
Cons: Poor pay, and unorganized.
A typical day at work consists of logging into your handheld and have your daily route. Greeting and speaking with customers, gaining customer relationships. Servicing customers.

I learned almost all there is to know about Termite and Pest Control. Including chemicals and what specific pests they target, also foraging patterns of different pests.

Temecula, CA 2129, very unorganized due to being a fairly new branch. Not enough employees which cause other technicians to cover more areas.

Coworkers are great and very experienced, and helpful.

Attic jobs are definitely the hardest part.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being out in the field and helping customers, gaining relationships and opening new doors. I want to help people, rather than take their money.
Overworked and under paid.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Saint Louis Park MNJune 5, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: Training, mgmt, pay, and equipment.
I work 10 to 14 hours a day spraying chemicals and dealing with mouse corpses and unreasonable phobic customers. I learned that the management ,at all levels, will not hear or address the safety and training failures that are part of it's culture. My co workers are afraid to speak up for fear of favoritism and backlash. The GM is inept and aloof and garners no respect. The service manager is poorly trained and this lack filters down through the ranks. The best part of the day is anytime I'm in the truck. The pay plan is a joke!
Produce and changing workplace
Business Operations Analyst (Daily Planner) (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 5, 2015
Pros: healthcare, customers
Cons: no room for advancement, continuous changes with business through CEO's
Daily meetings with branch and senior management
Managed service technicians
Reviewed and gathered completion results and communicated with management
Made changes with customer accounts
Daily completion reports transferred to excel
Created and shared new ideas to improve the performance of the branch and sales
Created suspend letters and other critical letters to assist with collections
Stated ideas to strengthen sales to senior management
Works well with others and always has a positive attitude
Extremely organized and task orientated
Experience with marketing, advertising, business operations, analytical duties, finances, and Microsoft office
the guys are fun to work with and you get to meet really nice customers
pest tech (Former Employee), marshall, txJune 4, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: they want you to sale more of what people don't need and cheating customers
Co-workers are very nice and fun to talk to and your on the road driving more then anything. Management will work with you until they're boss pushes them to have you work more.
Great Career oriented company
Route Manager/Pest Technician (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great friendly enviroment
Cons: communication on some levels
I relly enjoyed the employment and the many oppurtunities from this company.Management was great and helpfull.The company really put trust in you as an individual.
Moderately demanding job with potential
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Dothan, ALJune 1, 2015
Excellent job of using your quality skillls and talents in customer service of seeing rewards in meeting customer expectations.Being on time and listening to what the customer needs and expects and completing job in timely manner.Being nice and limiting problems with willingness to return if any further signs of problems or something else occurs helps you retain customer for a long time.
Productive and effective workplace
Pest Control Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
I start my morning off by calling my customers the night before their actual appointment to inform them what time I would be coming out to their homes. I've learned how specific pest enter into homes and how to control them. I enjoy management and my co-workers; we are a team. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job are my customers; some are very kind, sweet and appreciative while others explode on the first person they see, which is usually me. All in all, that's just life(everyone is not happy).
great job, great crew, awesome management team
Termite/Pest Control Tech (Former Employee), Benton, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: get to work in a lot of different places-travel locally
Cons: crawl space insulation installation
Highly recommend this job to any hard worker that wants to make money. Great staff at the Benton IL location. I loved this job, mainly because of the co-workers.
Decent work atmosphere
Route Manager (Current Employee), Webster, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: work weekends
The work is fairly direct, but leadership could be improved in some areas, the constantly changing pay system is also undesirable
Great Learning Experience
Universal Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TexasMay 28, 2015
Pros: company vehicle free pesticide's
Cons: We're should I start
Work there for 8 year's. Worked every position. Meet a lot of different people. Learn a lot about different cultures and walks of life Learned a lot about the industry. Now the BAD Chinese pay scale, poor management with no experience in the field just book worms and desk jockeys, no room for growth or advancement. Single man's job no life balance.
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
Cons: change on ownership, took God out of Mission statement
New management is not fare. I loved working for the company at one point, but now it sucks. I would not recommend any to work for this company
Rough Job
Route Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
Everyone needs them, but it's not the most rewarding career. There seemed to be quite a bit of churn with employees and the branch manager understood Termini, but not the world of business.
Great until horrible changes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: Company went Nationwide and to call centers. Horrible customer service in result of this.
My job was eliminated. I worked there for 7 years and was sent home to work and then laid off. When I first started there the company was wonderful and then about 4 years into my employment the company was bought out and all the changes were horrible. Customer service was not about the customers any longer and the time restaints that they put on the techs were unfair. The last 3 years of my employment there the moral was horrible and they were looking for what looked good in numbers instead of the satisfaction of their customers and their employees.
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Paid 15 minute breaks/Paid holidays/Benefits/Bonuses
Cons: Work during most holidays/Few promotions
This was a customer service orientated organization. We communicated with customers daily. We schedulled appointments for customers to be serviced by our technicians. We scheduled daily routes for our technicians. I supervised the scheduling department, and made sure that all the schedules were well organized. I supervised a staff of 32 employees. The hardest part of the job was payroll. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was dealing with irrate customers. I enjoyed speaking with them, and coming to a satisfying conclusion.
About this job
Exclusion Technician (Former Employee), waukesha, WIMay 13, 2015
Pros: something new everyday
Cons: little to no breaks, and travel time
A typical day at work would start at 8 am, and I would get to the shop by 7 am to prep for the job that day. I would go over the job with my manager so that I Knew what the issue was at the home. I would drive anywhere from 15 mins to 4 hours to the job site. once arrived i would greet the customer, and then proceed to do an inspection of the house so I get a idea what I'm dealing with. my co worker and I would solve the problem using exclusion techniques. The worst part was dealing with infested insulation, and the best part was driving back home.
The best company that I had ever worked for
Service Technician/Customer Service (Current Employee), north brunswick new jerseyMay 7, 2015
Pros: pay and work life balance
Cons: they're werent too many
Everyone in the company was extremely professional and had the time and resources to get the job done right and done right the first time.

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more

Terminix Salaries