Terminix

Terminix Employer Reviews

Call Center
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fast past
Cons: all supervisors and managment are not on the same level and all over the place
Time go by quickly. You are on the phone non stop from start to end. Training was good
Sales (Former Employee), Worcester MaAugust 29, 2014
Great place to work for with the freedom to travel and set your schedule.
Temporary position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis TNAugust 28, 2014
very busy so work day went by quickly
great co-workers
Talked to clients all day, taking payments and rescheduling appointments, transferring calls to sales or other areas of the company.
Blah
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: manage you time
Cons: management and compensation
I would check and re-check homes to ensure there was or was not any termite damage. I would also schedule appropriate treatment should termite activity be found.
Very low pay long hours
Pest Technician (Former Employee), Mcgehee, ARAugust 20, 2014
Pros: take home truck
Cons: very long hours. no family life. extremely low pay. broken promises.
This was the worst job I have ever had. There were too many broken promises from management. You have NO personal time. Terminix expects you to work constantly without question. Their work weeks are 6 days and sun up to sun down. Kiss any family life good bye. You cannot rely on anything management says.
Does not take care of their employees
pest control (Former Employee), Fishers, IndianaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: long work days, no time for family, not great pay for the hours.
A typical day at work is sun up to sun down 6 days a week. The management doesn't care about people lives outside of work, only how much you can increase their bonus. The only positives of working for this company I had was how much I learned in the field and my co-workers.
A great desk job, with amazing co-workers and supervisors
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee, vending machines, great management
Cons: must adhere to breaks and lunches
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Terminix. Everyone was very helpful and kind and it's a great job to start customer service as the training is very informative and helpful.
Hard work, but harder to advance
Irrigation and Landscaping Sales and Service (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCAugust 12, 2014
Lack of opportunity for growth and stunted from receiving profitable sales leads by management and senior employees.
fumigation
fumigation specialists (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work would be tough and hot, you work outside in all kinds of conditions.
I Learned that fumigation isn't for everyone.
The management was okay there about there money.
The hardest part of the job would have to be carrying those 160 pound tarps up to ten times a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be punching out and – more... leaving to go home to your family. – less
Learned alot
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2014
I learned so much from this company and enjoyed my time. I wish the company did not consolidate and force me to find a new job. I did make great friends there and gained a lot of knowledge.
n/a
Customer service Rep (Current Employee), Norcross gaAugust 6, 2014
The company has went out of business so i will never work there again
Competitive environment dealing with customers with severe insect problems
Co Owner Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very competitive, high energy environment, great management
Cons: low pay rate, long sitting hours, not much face to face interaction
Terminix is a high energy company that requires constant communication with multiple individuals in order to successfully obtain the goal. I learned the importance of compassion and understanding, as well as, the ability of persuasion. The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers with insect infestations in their home. The most enjoyable – more... part was helping the people who have been suffering from insect problems and had given up. All of my co workers and management were very competitive and that pushed me to work even harder which i am enterally grateful. – less
Unstable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: there used to be some, but now with their changes i can think of none.
Cons: michro-manage even down to potty breaks.
This company changes management as quickly as most people change socks. They overwork their employees and with each passing year their benefits decrease. They are constantly revamping, for what they believe is to the better. However it is not. They used to let each office handle their own clients. Then they made it so each region handled everyone in – more... regions calls. This was still not so bad. Then it went to everyone handled nationally. This was bad because you no longer had a personal relationship with customers. Then there is the fact that they like to fire people with no notice what so ever. They know in advance who they are going to let go, but they give no indications. You just come in one morning and they inform you it is your last day. There are always budget cut backs or offices closing. They treat the location manager like dirt. I felt sorry for their Service managers. This is a horriblele company to work for. – less
typical day
Route Technician (Current Employee), wheeling, wvJuly 29, 2014
manage daily route. coworkers are great. love being on my own.
great co to work for
Inspector/sales (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: too many hrs. 60-70 per week
Over all a great co to work for there is a balance between home and work that has to be achieved. I put in a lot of hrs and need more quality home time
Great leadership vision of growth, success and team work.
Senior Director Call Center (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: never off
My day at Terminix was a balance of people needs and process needs.

A typical day included multiple cross functional team meetings regarding First Call Resolution, Collections, Outbound Calling, Pricing and new business opportunities.

My co-workers were engaged and eager to perform. The hardest part of the job was engaging those team members that – more... did not have a clear vision of the success and advancement they could achieve at Terminix.

I learned that every call is important and everyone you meet is a future customer. – less
Enjoyed working with my teams over the past 21 years.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: customer interaction and associates
Cons: divisional and region management
Daily operation of a branch is an adjustment on the fly as is any service industry job. I have been fortunate to work with some of the finest managers, technicians and sales people in industry. Hardest part of the job was simply accepting inaccurate numbers pushed down without verification or validation.
Big Mistake
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: there weren't any
Cons: everything
I had only heard good things about ServiceMaster as a good company. Terminix is one of their baby companies. I enjoyed working with my team not management. A typical was spent apologizing to customers for them having bugs in their home. Their was not and enjoyable part to my job there. The hardest part of my job was knowing that I could do it so much – more... better and was never given the opportunity. – less
A good company.
Salesman (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2014
This is a good company to work for. Employees are trained by Entomologists and managers with many years of experience.
Fun place to work but watch out for management
Keyman (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good work hours, take home vehicle, fun atmosphere
Cons: poor management
I loved working for Terminix because of the schedule. I enjoyed the customers and LOVED the sales aspect because of my competitive nature. However, in my personal experience, management is a huge let down. I was the top salesman in my store and one of the top in the entire company and because of this I spoke to my manager about a promotion. He agreed – more... and stated that if I met certain goals he would promote me. 6 months after I met the goals I was given the run around and never received the promotion while my supervisors were passing off their work and failing to meet sales goals. I liked my co-workers and the office staff but not the management. The job was not difficult, however, scheduling appointment can be tough with certain customers. Overall I liked my job and would have never left if management would have kept the promises they made. – less

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more