Terminix Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Terminix Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 6, 2016
Great job on your on most of time no boss hanging over your shoulder. Set your on time meet lots of people. Pay ok company truck, outside alot
Very organized, good pay rate, friendly co-workers. has some company policies that are too harsh and very un-bending in nature
PEST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2016
Strict policies, great training, friendly co-workers, and managers are very knowledgeable and helpful. Employees need to be very independent and able to work on their own (self motivated). Company issued vehicles are well maintained and fairly new with new vehicles issued at 200,000 miles. Pay rate is fair and can be supplemented by sales commission.
Pros
Good managers and friendly co-workers
Cons
Very strict company policies
Management let you do your job without micro manageing
Outside Sales Person (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 5, 2016
check in. gather supplies for the day. run your stops. use hand held to complete work orders. check out at end of day. learn ipm. management is knowledgeable
This is going to take some time to read..
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2016
The thing about Terminix is its greed. They say they are all for family but I found myself pulling 13-15 hour shifts daily. When I finished my work I expected a good job and head on home at 5 or 6, but instead was sent to another job to either start, or finish. The pay seems good on paper. I was started out at 12/hr so the checks I got for these 70-80 hour weeks seemed to hit my bank with a big thank you note on it. Nearing 1,000$ a week. I thought I had it made. But after a few months I realized what kinda monster terminix really is. It was hard to get time off, always worked weekends, no time with my wife as I lived about an hour away. It seemed as though terminix was my home. Or at least the office was.

The office and management didn't know what was going on half the time. And when you called (hoping they'd call you in for the day) they world send you else where while they were sitting comfortably at home living off OUR production. They got commission for their technicians production hence why they overwork us. Raises come once a year with barely noticeable affects to your checks. 10-20 cents.

The labor is rough. They want jobs done by one person when it should have 2-3 people out there. My body is falling apart from it all! And they could care less. You get one day for major holidays off and that's it. You have to build up your vacation and you can't cash it in, nor does it roll over. If you don't take it, it's your loss.

They love to blame their employees. Get in one wreck and its all down hill. Expect your raise to be cut, and them to blame you for it. Even
  more... in you're inside and your vehicle is parked with its cone out and perfectly in the lines, they'll find a way. "Well you were on lunch too long" (when you only took a 10 minute break to run and grab a bite to eat).

There's so much wrong with this corporation you're better off going to a family owned company that would take care of you and treat you with respect and decency for what you provide them, than go here.

1/10 wouldn't work for them again.
Pros
Okay pay, not worth it though
Cons
Greedy, long hours, no life. Terminix
Poor culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
They eat their young at Terminix, possibly the worst culture a associate can be subjected to. Hours are long, there is no work life balance and the leadership in absent.
Pros
Good industry
Cons
Terminix
Productive and alot of work
Clerical/Salesman/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 15, 2016
this was a great company a lot of work but I had to get relocated to Texas, but I was not able to get a home out there, I had to comd back
Pros
ok paid
Cons
short lunch
Enjoyable work place
Commercial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for Terminix it is a great company. The management is awesome as well as the employees. I was able to advance in the company within six months. Great work environment for all employees. Best call center I have ever worked for. Management was very fair and respectful to employees.
Pros
Spirit week, room for advancement
Cons
30min lunches
Great opportunity coming out of the military
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 1, 2016
Enjoyed working in a professional environment that gave me the opportunity to work independently. I had the opportunity to be trained and work in outside sales, Service Technician field and Service Management.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Fickle customers
If you don't like getting dirty its not for you
Termite, Exclusion,Insulation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 29, 2016
if you're not hard working and don't like getting dirty or anything like that this is not the job for you. very fast never sitting down always standing and or crouched in attics or crawl spaces. if you also don't like bugs or rodents. this is also not the job for you
Pros
cheap benefits
Cons
short to no breaks
Service
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJFebruary 26, 2016
This is a good place to work, management is good they treat their employees with the upmost respect, its a easy job to learn and good pay for what you do.
productive work place
Regional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City Beach, SCFebruary 18, 2016
Good company to work for if you are looking for a career. Customer oriented, top notch when it comes to products being sold. Caring company overall.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
no cons
very interesting and challenge work
service tech (Current Employee) –  Benton, ILFebruary 10, 2016
inspection of properties scheduling of stops very good co workers hardest part of job dog bites and snakes in crawlspace
Pros
learning new thing and appling them
Cons
snakes in crawlspace
lots of change
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 6, 2016
customer service is in decline. the last few years company went with lower customer interaction and demands for higher revenue.
Pros
company vehicle, company gas card
Cons
leadership of company
no good
Lead Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 5, 2016
Did not like Terminix. They changed the pay structure regularly. They also require you to work more than 80 hours a week and you make less than minimum wage. I loved the training here and all that it taught me. The overall company needs more effective managers.
Pros
Good training
Cons
everthing else
Great Place to work
Fumigation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Learned a lot worked with some great people. Every one there is very accepting and like your family home away from home. There is a real brotherhood there on the fumigation team. Fumigation is very hard physical labor and having a great team makes all the job easier.
Unorganized company losing more customers than gaining
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2016
This company is so desperate to get revenue and profit it's losing all it's current customers along the way. The unorganization starts from the top and gets worse through the untrained call center employees and inept group of Nationa Accounts team members. Terminix promises things no one can do and then wonders why it loses its local and big name customers. No real training for managers, no realistic bonuses. Just the demand for everyone to sell, even if it's services customers are already paying for.
Pros
401k and decent vacation package
Cons
No support and unrealistic sales and profit goals
very productive and fast paced company
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJanuary 31, 2016
I enjoyed working with Terminix it was a new experience for me.I learned alot about insecticides and pesticides,how to reduce moisture to control mold, how to install vapor barriers,french drains,sump pumps and dehumidifiers.the hardest part was for a larger person as myself at the time to fit into very tight and uncomfortable crawl spaces.
Pros
company truck, benefits
Cons
nont that I can remember.
Easy going place, everyone is very friendly
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 28, 2016
sometimes a slow day happens, but everyone that works at terminix well most have been working for a few years so we all know each other really well. The hardest part is sometimes if we need help there is no one available because of meetings but that is only brief.
the most enjoyable part is the people and how well everyone gets along
Pros
location, breaks
Cons
short lunch
Don't waste your time
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJJanuary 25, 2016
Pay (if you're in sales or a pest technician) and benefits are great. Training is decent to mediocre at best.
However, you will be over worked and basically have no life. Vacation time in the spring is blocked off because of the beginning of termite season and management usually wants your vacation times a year in advance.
Be prepared to micro managed and under constant scrutiny from management.
Need help? Don't count on management, most are just people that shake their heads yes to hire management and could careless about your issues.
Pros
Company vehicle, good pay for certain positions and very good benefits
Cons
Over worked, micromanaged, local branches have a total disconnect from corporate
Good Employer
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 20, 2016
Great training and team environment with supportive managers.

Opportunities to build long lasting relationships with both clients and coworkers.

2.9