Terminix Employee Reviews

Rough Company
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 30, 2016
Technicians are run to the max and are cued how to shortcut services to maximize pay,
Sales persons are hired with the promise of full-time work but generally are dismissed after a relatively short time so the Top dogs get the leads.
Management has been involved with unfavorable practices.
Pros
Excellent pest control training
Cons
Downhill after that
Great
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 30, 2016
Perfect great staff good relationships . There is staffing issues due to the line of work. Overall great manager overseas all no matter what.
Why did I take this job?
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 27, 2016
Management straight up lies to you to get you to take this job. They don't stop lying once you do take it. You will have no personal life. You will be tires all the time. You will not have the training or tools to do your job and they will blame you for it.
Pros
You get a paycheck.
Cons
So many. So very many.
hard work yet rewarding
Pest Management Professional (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 20, 2016
Terminix gives you everything you need to succeed. You have a ton of freedom...so if you are organized and a "self-starter" you can do well for yourself.
Pros
flex schedule and take home truck
Cons
advancement is extremely limited
Horrible company.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CANovember 17, 2016
Dont bother applying .Crooked company that takes advantage of employees. Long hours and low pay. Terrible supervisors. More of a sales rep than a tech.
Cons
Great place to work very much customer Service .
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
Great job great benefits, company supplies uniforms and work vehicle must be drug free good back ground. must be to work long hours ,must willing to travel and must be certified by the state.
Pros
very good work enviroment
Cons
must be willing to long hours.
don't miss work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2016
attendance policy sucks, they don't care if you have a family, they just care about you being on the phone. on the plus side you don't have a dress code, and the calls are pretty easy to resolve.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
attendance policy
Productive and team development
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSNovember 5, 2016
Normal day consist of morning meetings to assured we are on the right path to increase sales and customer growth. The biggest challenge would be getting enough appointments each day. I have a veteran staff that loves what they do each day.
Lots of growth with company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 4, 2016
A typical day at work includes over 100 inbound phone calls. I have learned to be emphatic with the customers. Management are always open to questions and my coworkers and I feel very lucky to have a winning coaching team.
Great team and can be a fun place to work
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2016
I really enjoy my most aspects of my job. I have a great sales team and work with a great management team, both at my level and above. I like the competition both between my sales professionals and branch against branch. They have a great compensation plan for management but there is no work work life balance. I have very little time off, I work 12-14 hours per day and most Saturdays, I even have to be available by phone on Sundays.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
no work life balance. I work 70+ hours per week with little time off
Challenging
Termite and Pest control and customer service (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNNovember 2, 2016
Great work environment, you get what you put into it. They provide excellent training and support. Great benefits, you able to make a good amount of money.
terminix
Retired (Former Employee) –  keymanNovember 1, 2016
i just wanted to get out of the stuff i was working in i got sick and had to be on disability and now i want to help my children that are in college by working around the amount i am allowed to work and keep my disability.
Fun Enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 31, 2016
The call center was very fun to work for, I was laid off along with 8 other people. My supervisors really stuck out their neck for me on alot of things. Great co-workers as well
Pros
company lunches, contests
Cons
dealing with rude customers all day
Something different everyday
Home Inspector/OSP (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 26, 2016
I enjoy my coworkers very much. Management definitely needs improving. So does the training. The pay scale needs to be changed dramatically. I perform home inspections for customers looking for anything wrong with their home structurally. I then sit down with the customer and discuss and the problems i found during my inspection and ways Terminix can help solve these problems.
they were a good company to work for
Technician, Sales (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 19, 2016
they were able to give me work when others would not. I would highly recommend them to other people. I have sent other people to work for them.
Poor management and very little support
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 16, 2016
They had a lot of BS jobs, nothing a technician could really do..homes needed home improvement work.. not chemicals. . A big ripoff if you ask me..managers very unprofessional. .everything was about money and not solving problems. .
Pros
Paid weekly.
Cons
No respect for the worker.
Mismanaged Corporate Circus.
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 12, 2016
I jumped through all of Terminix in Arlington hoops and after 2 months of training the leads were pathetic. The management was totally unfocused and unresponsive. I have 20 years experience, several as a manager and the branch manager treated me like a rookie and made me do busy work because it suited his workload rather than utilizing a veteran salesman.

They were very excited when they hired me, BECAUSE of my experience and then jerked me around and put me in a bad spot financially. Save yourself the time and trouble of falling for the idea of big money with Terminix.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Bad leads, mismanagement and long hours for low pay.
Worst place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAOctober 11, 2016
You get paid min wage, barely any leads, no commission on the first $20k you sell.

So happy I left. Making 5x the amount of money I ever made there
Pros
Work car
Cons
Hours, Pay, Management
Must like Bugs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCOctober 4, 2016
Must enjoy fast paced and friendly work environment. You must enjoy working with the public and answering their questions and finding solutions to their pest control problems. You have to be a team player as you work with several office staff and technicians. Good company to work for, benefits, and room for advancement.
understaffed and unprofessional
Sales Inspector and Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VAOctober 3, 2016
Would pull in outsiders to work under the table with big jobs. Understaffed and poor management. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9