Terminix

Terminix United States Employee Reviews

Sold a bill of goods
Outside Sales (Former Employee), MarylandJanuary 26, 2015
Promises not kept, "good ole boy" feel, the "religious" culture put forth makes going to work feel like going to church. Cultural, social, and gender diversity is certainly not celebrated. Be prepared to work from sun up to sun down six days a week. Based on the number of hours you work you may not make more then $2 an hour add paying for your own gas to the mix and some months you put out more than you're paid.
Waste of car...(I mean time)
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: pay, product
Cons: selling anything was tough....pricy services
Blah,blah....terrible job....decent company...product and services too pricey
Not recommended for family oriented person
Employee (Former Employee), WVJanuary 13, 2015
Terrible hours. Terrible Management. Company does not compensate the valuable employees that they currently have. They do not care about the customers they currently have. They only care about the $. Worked many years with this company only to quit before I had a nervous breakdown due to upper management negligence.
Great place to work.
Commercial Route Supervisor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MiJanuary 13, 2015
If you are able to multi-task and good at customer service, this is a great place to work. Just pass your state licensing and they set you up for a good career.
new call center
customer service rep. (Former Employee), tampa floridaJanuary 9, 2015
the call center I worked for in tampa, florida was a great place to work for. very face pace office.
Ok, opprtunity with commercial and residential
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee), Newtown, PAJanuary 6, 2015
I was hired as a commercial account rep, then changed to residential
Worked long hours doing backbreaking labor.
Fumigation Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: medical insurance and 401k
Cons: no room for growth, little pay.
The bright side to this job was that everyday you experienced something different. Got to see every neighborhood in san diego county. But the physical nature of fumigation takes a toll on your body. The risk of falling off of roofs was on a daily basis. And it didn't seem worth that risk for $11.00/hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was laughing with my coworkers.
Well organized company, Excellent training programs
Pest Management Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Great company, good opportunity to learn a new field. Management was very helpful with assisting employees in obtaining the required state licensing for pest control. Enjoyed working with an organization where quality and equipment safety was important.
horrible management and liars
Keyman Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: day shift job
Cons: dosent pay well no room for advancement
Was told to lie to customers and charge on looks..as in who looks like they have more money then others. For example a customer could be charged triple or double for a treatment if they had nice house or drove a nice car.
NA
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 5, 2015
It is good, it is acceptable. There are good benefits. You may drive company truck home, Bonuses are eligible after one year.
Fun place to work
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 4, 2015
I worked with a good group of people there. Enjoyed helping customers with questions about their accounts as well as the Terminix technicians making changes to their routes.
great place to work for.
Pest control tech (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: hours a week you work
start at 8:00 a.m.,service 15-20 a day,goto lunch at 12pm, finish with my last customer about 4:30. Call manager at the end of my day and check out.
free food for doing a good job
Termite Inspector (Former Employee), Moore, OKDecember 31, 2014
overall good trade to get in . learned how to manage a route . money was ok had to work hard to get ahead
Overall "it was a job."
Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 30, 2014
Pros: limited freedom to make sales happen.
Cons: poor pay, use of own vehicle, poor management
I was employed by Terminix for 5 yrs in sales. Money varies depending on the season. I have been gone for 4 years and from what I understand it is still the same. You have 4 to 6 salesman going after the same nut. Keep in mind you pay your own fuel and drive your own vehicle. With that said someone else makes your schedule and I found that this "other person" making schedule did not own after map. One could drive 200 miles after day and not have one credible appointment. This is a commissioned job. You are paid on a draw just as most car salesmen. On average you have to sale 13k a month to break even on draw. This does not include fuel. If you make a sale you are paid 2 or 3 % of sale for fuel. So it is in your best interest to prequalify your leads....problem....pre qualifying is a big "do not do." Your management will make or break you. Some care....Some don't. Just depends on branch. If you like little to no recognition for Selling above and beyond, want to make 40k a year after expenses, work six days a week and run a vehicle into the ground this might be the position for you. In short what I found as my overall view of the company and how they view sales/sale man is if they throw enough mud at the wall some will stick. Some won't. Turn over is huge. New sale men every 3 months or so.
Working at Terminix Pest Control...
Field Representative (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: pay, individually driven, flexible hours
Cons: management
A typical day at work varies; you could be done by noon, or you could be out until past 7 o' clock. The company pays for all necessary training and licensing needed, but if you get placed on a route with "unsatisfactory customers", be prepared to take a ration of you-know-what every day you check in. The co-workers vary between branch to branch, but the hardest part is dealing with ignorant people, and then taking the blame for it, no matter WHAT. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the pay, if you have a good route and good customers, you'll make good money. If you get stuck with a bad route with customers who are hard to deal with, won't pay their bills, or cancel, be prepared to make barely enough to make it through the month.
Majority of time was outside as a field sales rep
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: field work, interacting with customers
Cons: changes made to compensation plan.
Received multiple awards as top sales rep. Became sales trainer specializing in commercial accounts. Accounts included, restaurants, schools, hospitals and various types of retail locations.
Shared closing techniques, customer service skills, as well as approach to marketing
Great Food
Sales-person and Inspector (Current Employee), Largo, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: empowered to lead
Cons: never got to see my children
The owner had a hand in all purchasing and quality control of the products that were brought in. The team had ample backing and training to ensure that the guest had a very enjoyable experience. I would spend my day coaching and ensuring that we could provide a great work environment for all our employees. I implemented a training program that empowered the best of the staff to develop a leadership roll if they so desired and excel in their careers. This helped me to run the lowest turnover rate as I only lost employees as they finished school and moved on to their chosen careers.
customer service dept is a slave ship
Customer service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
not a good job for an adult . they make the job way harder than it should be .
No life and poor management skills. Good pay for hard workers.
PC Technician (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and solid paycheck if you make quota
Cons: lots of wasted time due to inaccurate or incomplete addresses, locations, verification, etc.
Only left because management took advantage of my tenacious spirit. Got burned out! Spent too much time waiting on extracurricular activities like waiting for truck to be fixed in shop, etc. Too often my truck wasn't up to par and missing chemicals needed for job completion. Would love to work for a Service Master company again but under different conditions!
Awful Company To Work For
Commercial & Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 21, 2014
Cons: you name it
Awful Company to work for.

Ridiculous, inadequate training, out dated technology.

Minneapolis/St Louis Park Branch Manager is an absolute incompetent! No help, no clue as to real world workings.

How they stay in business with current customer base is beyond me.

Don't Work There!!

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more

Terminix Salaries