Terminix Employee Reviews

Terminix Tech Experience
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 5, 2017
Its a pretty good place to work. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful in the company. Not very family oriented from my experience but the pay is decent.I believe The managers really want the techs to succeed for the most part at least and the managers are reasonable. From my experience the other techs were really cool and fun to work with.
Pros
professional/respected company and decent pay
Cons
Not family oriented and you work a lot of hours
Bad Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 4, 2017
Sales Manager self centered ego manic condescending of fellow employees poor management skills watched 7 employees quit after he became manager gives poor advice suprised he is still has a job. 6 day work week if you need time off he punishes you by taking leads away. Uses his power to to abuse sales reps. Uncomfortable work environment under this Sales Manager. Stay away from this branch. Encouraged to lie to customers and raise prices on Ipad then lower so you can make a deal. Stay away.
Benefits
Cons
No Honesty
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  DAYTON OHIOOctober 3, 2017
Following up on leads for home Pest Control &Termite inspections. Going to homes and doing inspection for Termites & Pest Control. Writing up a proposal to remove the pest from the home through several different treatments
Pros
Helping home owners solve a problem that they have with pest control
Cons
Dirty job
Great place to work for.
Inside Sales/Administration (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 3, 2017
They downsized my office so the let a few people like me to be laid off.The manager was great and my coworkers were great. I liked this job very much inside sales outgoing calls setting up appointments. cold callin.
Renewal Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2017
Not much to say about working for Terminix. It is very slow paced and sometimes found myself asking if there was anything extra I could do to keep busy through out the day.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Something to have until you find something better
Senior Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 2, 2017
Good job to have if you need work. High turnover rate. if you like phones. Growth is slow and non-stop calls depending on the department you're in. unless you're not looking to grow and advance I would recommend finding other work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2017
Terminix was a good place to work. We work together as a big team. Customer Service worked with the technicians to keep down cancellations and customer complaints.
Closing inbound leads,and selfgenerated leads
SalesRep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Call customer base.Work assigned company leads.Close leads,Finance.Sales Presentations,Helping Others,Inspections

I learned a lot about doing business in the Sales field,both in home and commercial
Pros
Enjoy helping others
Cons
na
Very productive
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 27, 2017
Good place to work, good guaranteed hours, very good pay, plus commission. I loved having my own company truck to take home. Loved making my own schedule
Pros
Own truck
Choose Another Employer
Commercial Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
Managers and service technicians compete directly with salespeople for sales and commissions. They benefit greatly from sales from your territory when you quit / are terminated. Sales turnover is a sales feeding frenzy for the service department and management - it's rigged!

The training and support from management is lacking and the culture is hostile.

Fundamentally, every salesperson is going door to door asking strangers if they are willing to hire Terminix to kill their rats. So - try using that line at your next backyard barbecue or pool party when someone asks you what you do for a living.
Pros
Rats are frequently killed
Cons
Sometimes you do the killing.
termite inspector
Termite Renewal Inspector (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 26, 2017
employment is ongoing from august 2012 to present. fast passed work environment, would recommend more local scheduling for customers benefit. like the job as a whole.
Pros
hours
Cons
scheduling
Get licensed. Get out.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 25, 2017
You learn a lot about the pest field all around. This job isn't for everyone. Safety and knowing how much chemical you're using is VERY important. Please drive safely. Overall it's not the company it's self it's management. It depends on the branch you're at. That's the only problem. You have managers who expects you to pucker up or just wants you to be plain stupid. I've also noticed favoritism as well. The pay is blah. I have excellent CS customers that wants me to come all the time. Yet they'll give a route to someone who is lazy, who complains on the daily and I am the one who is hourly and gotta clean up the mess that the lazy route tech made. Learn the business get out and start your own or go to another company where they will give you an opportunity to make money!!
Pros
Company truck.
Cons
Long hours , lack realistic time allowed per job,lack of understanding of the route
Pest control technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington,wvSeptember 25, 2017
A typical day at work involves being assigned your destinations and jobs to be finished with no consideration of the reality of achieving the designated orders. Many times you are pulled from one location to go to another location that can be an hour to hour and a half away,and still be expected to get the set scheduled stops done in the starting territory. I did how ever learn a lot. They are things I still use in my life today. Workplace culture is unrealistic. No doubt decided on by someone that has never ran a route. The hardest part of the job was 200 to 400 miles a day and an average of 12 scheduled stops requiring a minimum of 30 minutes each. The best part of the job were the customers and having the knowledge to help them. The worst part was management. The company didn't want to pay travel time from leaving the house until you got to your first stop nor the trip home from the last stop.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
They found every way possibly to percentages away from your commissions
Termite technician
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmville, NCSeptember 23, 2017
No respect for the physical demands of being a termite technician management is unresponsive to customer concerns obly concerned with the numbers at months enf
Pros
Decent wagr
Cons
Disrespect
Poor Place to work
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 22, 2017
Terminix does not care for their employees or customers. It is all about making the next dollar. Working 50 hours a week with very very poor management that knows nothing about pest control or how to run a route. Mangers do not help you with anything due to the fact they don't know what they are doing. i would not recommend this job to anyone. if you have a family or a life you want to live.
Pros
take home truck
Cons
everything else
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2017
The people are good and management is some of the best I have had. I would recommend working for the company if positions are available. Everyone you work with are always more then will g to help
not to good
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2017
not that great long hours multimanaged at every level always changing it is impossible to get set in a process when you think you are getting squared away things change
productive fun working place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 18, 2017
you felt welcomed working at terminix. i learned everything there is to know about control insects and pests. hardest part of the job would be finding time to study as you please. most enjoyable part of the day would see the customers smile after i educated and did the service for them.
Coworkers good to work with
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 18, 2017
Long hours no time with family management didn't have a no clue what was going on. They would paid good but then takes away bonuses due to cancels. Without commission you could make anywhere from 7.00 to 11.00 per hr.
Pros
Work Vehicle
Cons
No Breaks or Lunches
Fast-paced, challenging, with some advancement potential
TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2017
Fun place to work, great teamwork and benefits! Overall job security as long as you stay near the bottom of the ladder. Enjoyable independence throughout most workdays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9