Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Great Learning Experience
Universal Technician (Former Employee), Spring, TexasMay 28, 2015
Pros: company vehicle free pesticide's
Cons: We're should I start
Work there for 8 year's. Worked every position. Meet a lot of different people. Learn a lot about different cultures and walks of life Learned a lot about the industry. Now the BAD Chinese pay scale, poor management with no experience in the field just book worms and desk jockeys, no room for growth or advancement. Single man's job no life balance.
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 22, 2015
Cons: change on ownership, took God out of Mission statement
New management is not fare. I loved working for the company at one point, but now it sucks. I would not recommend any to work for this company
Rough Job
Route Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2015
Everyone needs them, but it's not the most rewarding career. There seemed to be quite a bit of churn with employees and the branch manager understood Termini, but not the world of business.
Great until horrible changes.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mishawaka, INMay 17, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: Company went Nationwide and to call centers. Horrible customer service in result of this.
My job was eliminated. I worked there for 7 years and was sent home to work and then laid off. When I first started there the company was wonderful and then about 4 years into my employment the company was bought out and all the changes were horrible. Customer service was not about the customers any longer and the time restaints that they put on the techs were unfair. The last 3 years of my employment there the moral was horrible and they were looking for what looked good in numbers instead of the satisfaction of their customers and their employees.
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Paid 15 minute breaks/Paid holidays/Benefits/Bonuses
Cons: Work during most holidays/Few promotions
This was a customer service orientated organization. We communicated with customers daily. We schedulled appointments for customers to be serviced by our technicians. We scheduled daily routes for our technicians. I supervised the scheduling department, and made sure that all the schedules were well organized. I supervised a staff of 32 employees. The hardest part of the job was payroll. The part of the job I enjoyed the most was dealing with irrate customers. I enjoyed speaking with them, and coming to a satisfying conclusion.
About this job
Exclusion Technician (Former Employee), waukesha, WIMay 13, 2015
Pros: something new everyday
Cons: little to no breaks, and travel time
A typical day at work would start at 8 am, and I would get to the shop by 7 am to prep for the job that day. I would go over the job with my manager so that I Knew what the issue was at the home. I would drive anywhere from 15 mins to 4 hours to the job site. once arrived i would greet the customer, and then proceed to do an inspection of the house so I get a idea what I'm dealing with. my co worker and I would solve the problem using exclusion techniques. The worst part was dealing with infested insulation, and the best part was driving back home.
The best company that I had ever worked for
Service Technician/Customer Service (Current Employee), north brunswick new jerseyMay 7, 2015
Pros: pay and work life balance
Cons: they're werent too many
Everyone in the company was extremely professional and had the time and resources to get the job done right and done right the first time.
daily route and pest control ,management
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMay 6, 2015
Pros: relationship with customers, pay
Cons: scheduling demands
set up and meet daily schedules,customer relations, learned techniques used for pest control on assigned route, making sales by cols calling and "cloverleaving"
No life.
Sales/Service (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 6, 2015
Close sales leads and service commercial and residential accounts.No home life. Lots of driving to and from jobs. Contacting customers.
Very stress full environment
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Bay area, Ca.May 3, 2015
Pros: Helping Customers manage their pest issues, Great co-worker support
Cons: Little work life balance in a high stress job. No vacation pay
Management style is do by directive, not objective. Reciently constent job threats. Non supportive Management staff in a high stress job for little pay. Non supportive work life balance or customer support. Co-workers are great and supportive of each other which helps you get through the week. No vacation pay. You can earn vacation time off, however you loose money from non production during your vacation
Poor compensation
Pest Technician (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2015
Pay structure is complicated, work work work for very little pay. Route manager was nice and easy to work with. Some customers was very nice.
Kill those bugs
General Pest Technician (Former Employee), Urbandale, IAApril 24, 2015
Life at Terminix is riddled with its own bugs. The hours are long and the jobs can be grueling. If you enjoy close interaction with bed bug and roach infestations and people who don't do their part to help the situation, then this might be the job for you. As a route tech you will be responsible for a large territory and the pay can be worth your troubles. The job is more suited for people who don't have or don't want a life outside the job - single, children grown, etc. Mostly weekdays, and some Saturdays. It is against company policy if your vehicle even moves on Sunday. Vehicles are monitored via satellite. Vehicle maintenance are the responsibility of the tech (arrange maintenance - not diy). Equipment maintenance is the responsibility of the tech (diy - little to no training - figure it out yourself).
Great way to meet people
Termite Inspector (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 20, 2015
Pros: Learning how to protect my home from pests, Being able to educate others on pest removal and prevention.
Cons: Crawling under houses and not knowing what is under there, Dealing with customers who are not happy.
On a daily basis, I go from home to home on my route inspecting and looking for any signs of termites and other pests.

I enjoy going into homes and meeting new people. I have learned a lot about termites and how they enter homes and the damage they cause. It has been a good way to learn how to prevent termites and other pests from entering my home.

It was very difficult at first learning how to crawl under homes where spiders and snakes can be hiding. I have encountered snakes and other animals which can be scary. I have had to overcome any fears of tight spaces. I have almost gotten stuck under homes. I have had to learn to remain calm and think my way out. And as time has gone by I have gotten better at crawling and not being afraid. It is an interesting job.
Productive and fun at times.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 20, 2015
Cons: short breaks
Management is very unorganized and condescending.
The work environment can be fun but stressful at times, you are expected to be at a 97% adherence and the breaks are short.
Relaxing Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: relaxed dress code
Cons: short lunch
Busy, fast pace and upbeat.
friendly co-workers
calming down a irate customer
helping customers feel comfortable and safe in their home
Great Career
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 11, 2015
Pros: Freedom
Cons: Freedom
Great Career. Have the chance to make good money as long as your a hard worker and don't need to be baby sited. Great Management and great culture.
Good, Solid Company ... Needs to Pay Better
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Good, Solid Company
Cons: Needs to Pay Better
Good training. Company Car. Only pays draw vs. commission. I haven't been there since 2002, so things may have changed greatly. If pay had been more appropriate, I'd probably still be there.
Everyday games,food and contest
Inbound / Outbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Several sales options to secure a close
Cons: Not having available technicians for later shifts
A highly energetic office full of sales reps,using creative effective communication,to get maximum results and closed deals.When you first walked in you may be surprised with employees cheering,because of your performance for previous days or weeks. I learned a technique on how to show the customer ways they saved money,by purchasing the companies best and most difficult program to sell,by upselling a comparison of the least amount of service,for the price. All the employees were very helpful,and eager to see you succeed,the hardest part of the job,was hearing some of the emotional customers who had horrible,pest issues,that needed our service attention,but the hours of operation,sometimes left a next day scheduling,instead of right away. The enjoyable thing was there was always spiffs,prizes and games after every accomplishment,and company parties were a treat.
A Great Job to have
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 4, 2015
A great job to have. Very laid back environment. The hardest part of the job is the phone calls that come. The customers can be very harsh at times, however you do get customers that are pleasant to speak with.
Good for people with no other options
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fishers, INApril 2, 2015
Pros: Decent money, freedom
Cons: Selling unneccesary services, pressure to work lots of hours
The company over charges for services and is nearly impossible to beat other companies prices. The excuse is that they pay for "better service". As a sales rep either you're first on the scene and make the sale or a smart buyer has gotten other quotes and you have no chance. The best part about the job is you are on your own to create leads and you kind of control your income ceiling by how much time you put in. If you have no life then you can make good money. If you don't have 60 hrs a week then the manager will give leads to the person who does.
Headquarters