Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Very busy call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: not very much vacation time
Really enjoyed working with the customer, setting appointments and collecting payments for service. Great company to work for.
Every day held a new adventure
Admin (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great environment, never the same day twice
Cons: no advancement, constant selling of company with no job security
A day would consist of daily deposit from and posting, while taking customer calls and resolving customer issues. Assist salesman with sales and scheduling , follow up with problerm issues, handle credit card disputes as well as collections . Assist customer service reps. with scheduling, new account set up, pricing and contacting of reps.
Learned about the pest control industry and was educated in the fumigation and pest control industry. Management very much buried in corporate paperwork, large turn over but for the most part a pleasure to work with. Enjoyed co-workers in call center, very much team environment. I can't really say any part of the job was hard , I least enjoyed having to tell a client that there home was burgalrized during the course of receiving our services. I enjoyed my co workers and the cleints most of them just want to be heard and feel they got what they paid for.
Zero time to have a life outside of work employees arent provided with what they need
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee), Visalia, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: read about it
This job is ok if you have a whole lot of time to waste. You never know how long your work day will be. If you just so happen to get an account with a lot of businesses or a lot of difficult customers your day will undoubtedly be very long. I would start at 5 AM sometimes and not get off until 5 PM and you cant clock in til you are at your first stop which for me was 35 min from my home, then you would have to go back to the shop to turn paperwork in and the shop was an hour away from my area of work, and 20 min from my house. Then you get home and have to spend another hour or so scheduling your route for the next day and calling customers and adjusting the times for the customers that like being difficult. This puts you at around 730 PM when you are finished, if you have a family like me you have maybe an hour to spend with your kids, and wife. They tell you you work one Saturday a month and you really work 2 to 3 so all you have is Sunday off and you are so tired its crazy. Certain businesses had priority so you could be having a day in a town 2 hours away from your normal route then a certain business or two that shall remain nameless would call in something they think might be happening at their establishment and you would have to drive 2 hours over there to handle it before you are off. Management was nice but the Sales team just told the customers what they want to hear and its the PC tech job to inform the customers you cant do that because you could lose your licensing while customer calls corporate and complains about you like it is your fault and not the sales guy – more... who lied to them in the first place. God forbid you get the mountain routes because they provide you with maps that are from 1920 that dont add up at all and a Sprint phone with no GPS that doesnt even work anywhere near the mountains. So if you cant find a customers house then guess what? You have to drive an hour down the hill and call that customer when you get in to service and hope they explain how to get there well and let you come the following day because odds are you are beyond your 12 hrs. Make sure you ask about honest pay rates before hand because i was tricked. It is 11 an hour plus commissions you end up making about 2700 a month if that. Best part about the job is the other employees which are generally nice people. – less
good company
Pest Control Tech (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJFebruary 12, 2015
great place to work, good company to work for, always got all my stops done, with no accident or tickets, delivered up to 250 stops per day in a timely manor
Excellent company - Now retired
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Gulfport, MsFebruary 11, 2015
I had a great career at Terminix. I traveled weekly for many years. I am now retired so that I can spend more time at home with my family.
A company that takes advantage of employees
Route Technician (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights. OHFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: my managers
Cons: the way pay is allocated
My managers were the only good thing about my experience with Terminix. My managers were great men that were helpful and respectful. The way Terminix pays their technicians kept me wondering if I would get paid month to month. I personally feel employees should not have their pay docked if customers die of things like old age or car accidents. I felt my hard work and efforts do do my best did not matter because every month there was a new policy raising the requirements to receive my previously promised pay. I have to say again that my office and service managers could not of been better, but I had three technicians quite in my office because they had not received around eighty percent of their expected pay for more then a single month. These were good technicians, one of them being previously awarded employee of the month.
GREAT JOB
Commercial/Residential Pest Control Associate (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYFebruary 9, 2015
Great place to work, Loved the interaction with customers. Very laid back, easy going place of employment. Co-workers were great as well
was fun work place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Denver,CoFebruary 8, 2015
Made a lot of friends and still talking and was good company with good benefit,good Supervisors and you drive company's truck from work to home everyday I never drove my car well I was working there.
Terminix
Application Systems Analyst Programmer III (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible
Terminix Cooperation is a nice company to work for. Flexible hours great environment. Great Team environment and a very successful company.
Under major Leadership change
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee), Landover, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Major changes are going on company wide. Terminix is not a place for management at this time. Work life balance does not exist
Please Do Not ever work for Springfield NJ office
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Roselle, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: none not even the pay is worth it
Cons: worse managers in the company. branch has been last for 5 yrs in a row.
This IS the worst branch in the region! There were too many broken promises from management. Service and Sales managers don't know what they are doing! You have NO personal time. They expects you to work constantly without question. Their work weeks are 6 days and they want you to be on call. Kiss any family life good bye. You cannot rely on anything management says. Long hours for very little pay and they keep changing your commission percentage. If you're looking for a job please do not come to this branch.
Furnished with a vehical.
Technician (Former Employee), Benton, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: insurance and vehical.
Cons: low pay
Very busy but I did get to travel. I have a very good branch manager and tech manager. They were good men.
Long hours with fluctuating pay
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 28, 2015
I have never worked for a more crooked company and don't recommend anyone ever apply here, you work long hours and the deduct pay for every possible reason, I pity the employees that happen to be trapped there.
Sold a bill of goods
Outside Sales (Former Employee), MarylandJanuary 26, 2015
Promises not kept, "good ole boy" feel, the "religious" culture put forth makes going to work feel like going to church. Cultural, social, and gender diversity is certainly not celebrated. Be prepared to work from sun up to sun down six days a week. Based on the number of hours you work you may not make more then $2 an hour add paying for your own gas to the mix and some months you put out more than you're paid.
Waste of car...(I mean time)
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: pay, product
Cons: selling anything was tough....pricy services
Blah,blah....terrible job....decent company...product and services too pricey
Not recommended for family oriented person
Employee (Former Employee), WVJanuary 13, 2015
Terrible hours. Terrible Management. Company does not compensate the valuable employees that they currently have. They do not care about the customers they currently have. They only care about the $. Worked many years with this company only to quit before I had a nervous breakdown due to upper management negligence.
Great place to work.
Commercial Route Supervisor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MiJanuary 13, 2015
If you are able to multi-task and good at customer service, this is a great place to work. Just pass your state licensing and they set you up for a good career.
new call center
customer service rep. (Former Employee), tampa floridaJanuary 9, 2015
the call center I worked for in tampa, florida was a great place to work for. very face pace office.
Ok, opprtunity with commercial and residential
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee), Newtown, PAJanuary 6, 2015
I was hired as a commercial account rep, then changed to residential
Worked long hours doing backbreaking labor.
Fumigation Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: medical insurance and 401k
Cons: no room for growth, little pay.
The bright side to this job was that everyday you experienced something different. Got to see every neighborhood in san diego county. But the physical nature of fumigation takes a toll on your body. The risk of falling off of roofs was on a daily basis. And it didn't seem worth that risk for $11.00/hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was laughing with my coworkers.

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more

Terminix Salaries