Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 17, 2014
My typical day at Terminix usually meant me setting up about five to seven appointments each day trying to achieve at least one sale. I learned to relate to people and really try to help them with their problems. The management was great there. They really care about their workers. My co-workers were fun to be around. I felt like I could relate to all of them very easily. I dont think anything about this job was hard. I guess crawling under houses could be stressful to some. I loved meeting new people and seeing them happy.
Pros
laid back environment, good people to work for.
Cons
not much coverage for gas
Exciting workplace with a everyday different task
TERMITE TECH INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Roslyn, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Serviced customers on a monthly basis as well as taking on new customers and providing them with all the assistance they require. I have learned many things working here from reasons why insects attack homes to what they favor. The staff was very helpful and came to you either management or fellow technician. The hardest part of the day well really wasn't any except the traffic returning to the office. I enjoyed working here every day was something new from a challenge to the same old routine, at the end of the day I was content.
Pros
recieved your own vehicle to bring home
Cons
the salary was not the greatest
Nine months of fear
outside sales (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 16, 2012
I was hired as a outside sales person. The training on pest identification was good but the time given was inadequate.
The manager of the Aurora Illinois location was old school which means that if you were unable to sell what they wanted; you were harrassed with the intention of getting you to quit. The manager I worked under actually told me on several occasions that when I made a miss statement or mistake that he could "murder me and no court in the country would convict him". I advised him that that type of talk was hate speech but he didn't care.
Pros
setting your own schedule of appointments.
Cons
pressure to sell is high..
Overworked and under paid.
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park MNJune 5, 2015
I work 10 to 14 hours a day spraying chemicals and dealing with mouse corpses and unreasonable phobic customers. I learned that the management ,at all levels, will not hear or address the safety and training failures that are part of it's culture. My co workers are afraid to speak up for fear of favoritism and backlash. The GM is inept and aloof and garners no respect. The service manager is poorly trained and this lack filters down through the ranks. The best part of the day is anytime I'm in the truck. The pay plan is a joke!
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
Training, mgmt, pay, and equipment.
having a truck to take home
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2013
getting in the morning going to the job site to treat for termites and pest control..
i have learned alot from the superviser on the termite side of the company...
the management is great at sometime but some of the managers tell the employees what to do and they are not working for them...
my co-workers we got along great i go out get a sale and turn it in them and they out to do the sale for me and i make money so, do they (sales personnel).
the hardest part about the job is doing the crawl underneath homes
the enjoyable part of the job is that i get to know the co-workers and working with them as well...
Pros
going onto trips paid for in the islands
Unorganized company losing more customers than gaining
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2016
This company is so desperate to get revenue and profit it's losing all it's current customers along the way. The unorganization starts from the top and gets worse through the untrained call center employees and inept group of Nationa Accounts team members. Terminix promises things no one can do and then wonders why it loses its local and big name customers. No real training for managers, no realistic bonuses. Just the demand for everyone to sell, even if it's services customers are already paying for.
Pros
401k and decent vacation package
Cons
No support and unrealistic sales and profit goals
Long Hours and good pay
Residential Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more diffcult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Good Health Benfits
Cons
They micromanagemnet
Outside sales rep
Pest Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2015
Pro
Company is made up of some good mangers, but for the most part ok place to work. Nice co workers, nice car you drive in. Don't pay for gas.

Cons
Benefits not good. Expect a lot of door knocking and cold calling in winter month. In the winter you are going to starve to death if you don't get the pest control tech to give you leads. During the swarm season expect not to come home tell 10pm Mon to Sat. Be really good at cold calling and door knocking to make it through your first year because lead will not be given to the new people that
Great Food
Sales-person and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 17, 2014
The owner had a hand in all purchasing and quality control of the products that were brought in. The team had ample backing and training to ensure that the guest had a very enjoyable experience. I would spend my day coaching and ensuring that we could provide a great work environment for all our employees. I implemented a training program that empowered the best of the staff to develop a leadership roll if they so desired and excel in their careers. This helped me to run the lowest turnover rate as I only lost employees as they finished school and moved on to their chosen careers.
Pros
empowered to lead
Cons
never got to see my children
It started off smooth until they got new mngmt
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlMay 23, 2014
Terminix was ok at first enough to take care of my family. Noticed there was some favortism between managers and employees. One of the supervisor would always make racist comments or try to belittle his employees. He was always reported but its like they always swept it under the rug. 2 new managers came in and took over after 1 manager quit from being told he was hiring to many black ppl. Not a good company no work life balance
Pros
the people you meet
Cons
racism, favortism, no structure, no work life balance
wort position I ever had!!!
Commercial Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 14, 2013
got there early to post sales, no sales -public humiliation!! Leads given to favorites in "the group" looking over your shoulder at all times worst work experience I ever had would not let me transfer to a closer branch, had to drive 40 miles in morning traffic for "sales meeting" !! My next-present job-I really appreciate due to TMinix.........a sales driven organization that chews people up!!
Pros
once you were out of office not too bad, no respect for one's private time
Cons
early morning meetings, preferential treatment to select few, low compensation
a really dirty job
pest control tech (Former Employee) –  Ontario CaSeptember 10, 2013
Commercial Pest Control Tech
Inspect premises to identify infestation source and extent of damage to property.
Measure area dimensions requiring treatment and calculate fumigant requirements.
Study preliminary reports or diagrams of infested area and determine treatment type required to eliminate and prevent recurrence of infestation.
Spray or dust chemical solutions into rooms, onto clothing, furnishings, or wood, over marshlands, ditches, or catch basins to eliminate or control rodents, insects, or weeds.
Drive truck equipped with power spraying equipment.
Record and process paperwork of activities performed.
Pros
company truck to use to drive from and back home to
Cons
long work hours, working with heavy cheamical use
About this job
Exclusion Technician (Former Employee) –  waukesha, WIMay 13, 2015
A typical day at work would start at 8 am, and I would get to the shop by 7 am to prep for the job that day. I would go over the job with my manager so that I Knew what the issue was at the home. I would drive anywhere from 15 mins to 4 hours to the job site. once arrived i would greet the customer, and then proceed to do an inspection of the house so I get a idea what I'm dealing with. my co worker and I would solve the problem using exclusion techniques. The worst part was dealing with infested insulation, and the best part was driving back home.
Pros
something new everyday
Cons
little to no breaks, and travel time
No life and poor management skills. Good pay for hard workers.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 4, 2014
Only left because management took advantage of my tenacious spirit. Got burned out! Spent too much time waiting on extracurricular activities like waiting for truck to be fixed in shop, etc. Too often my truck wasn't up to par and missing chemicals needed for job completion. Would love to work for a Service Master company again but under different conditions!
Pros
excellent benefits and solid paycheck if you make quota
Cons
lots of wasted time due to inaccurate or incomplete addresses, locations, verification, etc.
Management is not very good with employee interaction.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 29, 2013
The pay is ok and there is opportunity to make decent money if you are willing to work 6-7 days a week and 60 hours plus a week. The training program is very good. The work day starts at 7 or 8 and doesn't end until around 7 or 8 pm on average. I learned a lot about pest control and termites and how to eliminate the problems associated with them. The best part of the job is being out in public and not at a desk.
Pros
compensation, training, co-workers
Cons
hours, use of your own vehicle with no allowance, management
Excellent Career Path
INSIDE SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 18, 2012
When I worked for the Norcross Terminix Call Center, they had severe management problems, but it didn't stop you from loving your job.

Terminix offers incredible advancement opportunities - you start in Winback and move into inside sales - which, although seasonal, can be a lucrative career.

My immediate supervisors were great, helpful, and always there for my questions. Upper management, however, didn't really have a clue what was going on with individual agents.

If you want an amazing career, I highly recommend Terminix.
Pros
great compensation, benefits, perks, people, immediate supervisors, and spiffs
Cons
upper management
What work/life balance?
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 12, 2012
The largest pest control company has employee and customer turnover issues. Company pushes for ever-more production from ever-fewer employees. Something has to be sacrificed: service quality and employee job satisfaction have been seriously impacted. Employees are concerned about having their pay cut or job requirements raised. Job security is a huge concern at Terminix. It is a good place to receive initial training before moving to a different company or opening your own business. They know it, too.
Pros
lots of training available
Cons
insular culture, terrible work/life balance, indifferent management
The worst job ever!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  unknownJune 11, 2013
A typical day at work will be to clock in and start taking back to back calls. Getting yelled at constantly by customers. I learned patience and great customer service skills. Management is horrible. Constanly sending emails threatning to terminate you for little things also always receiving emails about meeting stats. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the day is clocking out and leaving the pits of hell.
Pros
get paid every friday, easy job, decent pay
Cons
management, short lunches, changing supervisors every other month
Produce and changing workplace
Business Operations Analyst (Daily Planner) (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 5, 2015
Daily meetings with branch and senior management
Managed service technicians
Reviewed and gathered completion results and communicated with management
Made changes with customer accounts
Daily completion reports transferred to excel
Created and shared new ideas to improve the performance of the branch and sales
Created suspend letters and other critical letters to assist with collections
Stated ideas to strengthen sales to senior management
Works well with others and always has a positive attitude
Extremely organized and task orientated
Experience with marketing, advertising, business operations, analytical duties, finances, and Microsoft office
Pros
healthcare, customers
Cons
no room for advancement, continuous changes with business through CEO's
Productive and effective workplace
Pest Control Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 1, 2015
I start my morning off by calling my customers the night before their actual appointment to inform them what time I would be coming out to their homes. I've learned how specific pest enter into homes and how to control them. I enjoy management and my co-workers; we are a team. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of the job are my customers; some are very kind, sweet and appreciative while others explode on the first person they see, which is usually me. All in all, that's just life(everyone is not happy).