Terminix

Terminix Employer Reviews

ok place
Business to Business Sales Team Lead (Current Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 16, 2014
good stable enviroment, Its very easy and relaxed but just be on time
Sales was fun
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: commissions
Cons: territory was split between two people
I excelled at inside pest control sales. I appreciated the people that I worked with. The most difficult part of the job was cold calling. The most enjoyable part was working with the customers.
Great place to work.
Inside Side Sales (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good base pay and great commission pay as long as your good enough to make inbound sales.
Cons: there are a lot of politics involved, so always be likable to everyone.
Id love to work there again. Wish it wasn't a temp job. A typical day in inbound is very easy going but fast pace when the busy is in but not so much in the slow season. I learned just being good at your job is a good start however inbound sales is very competitive to some people being better than you is more important than doing good individually. the most enjoyable part for me was getting to communicate with the public and building rapport as well as getting my commission check which in my case was always huge.
Company means well...
Outside Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Laguna Hills, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: takes way too long to start making adult money
Decent place to work but they have no real interest in sales associate retention. Their business model is based on a revolving door of field reps instead of employee cultivation. This could be changed with just a few minor tweaks in the commission structure, but no one seems interested in changing.

Exp: Sales Reps receive their commission checks as well as their mileage reimbursement only once month (and this compensation is received a whopping 30 days AFTER the month ends). So when you're just starting out, you'll make pennies for about 2 months while you get your license, then you'll use your own money for gas for 2 months (because you won't receive your first mileage check until 30 days AFTER your first month in the field) running around "filling the funnel" before you finally receive your first real commission check anywhere from 4-6 months after your hire date. That kind of financial strain puts most adults in the kind of hole that it takes months to climb out of. And it could all be circumvented if sales reps were paid their commission and their mileage every 2 weeks for the 2 weeks prior, instead of once of month for the month before like every other sales job.
Hard work but fun at times
Dock Loader (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no breaks
This is was hard work but because I worked with my brothers we managed to turn hard work into competition which too the edge off of the long hours.
Terminix
Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 3, 2014
It was a great job. I complained to my family a lot about the long hours but overall it was a good job great people to work with. A typical day I drive from New Port Richey to Zepherhills and Exterminate such things as Roaches, Spiders, and Other bugs. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The most enjoyable part is I got to meet all different types of people.
Productive/Well Manged work enviroment
Forklift operator/Order picker/stocker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day at work consists of pulling orders to be shipped out everyday, while maintaining a work friendly environment as work is being done. To keep clean as well as the forklifts.
Nasty work for the money
Field Technician and Sales (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: nasty work no pay
Under houses doing termite work, sump pumps and Dhues and at the end of the year under 30K in your pocket
Call Center
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: fast past
Cons: all supervisors and managment are not on the same level and all over the place
Time go by quickly. You are on the phone non stop from start to end. Training was good
Sales (Former Employee), Worcester MaAugust 29, 2014
Great place to work for with the freedom to travel and set your schedule.
Temporary position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis TNAugust 28, 2014
very busy so work day went by quickly
great co-workers
Talked to clients all day, taking payments and rescheduling appointments, transferring calls to sales or other areas of the company.
Blah
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Manassas, VAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: manage you time
Cons: management and compensation
I would check and re-check homes to ensure there was or was not any termite damage. I would also schedule appropriate treatment should termite activity be found.
Very low pay long hours
Pest Technician (Former Employee), Mcgehee, ARAugust 20, 2014
Pros: take home truck
Cons: very long hours. no family life. extremely low pay. broken promises.
This was the worst job I have ever had. There were too many broken promises from management. You have NO personal time. Terminix expects you to work constantly without question. Their work weeks are 6 days and sun up to sun down. Kiss any family life good bye. You cannot rely on anything management says.
Does not take care of their employees
pest control (Former Employee), Fishers, IndianaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: long work days, no time for family, not great pay for the hours.
A typical day at work is sun up to sun down 6 days a week. The management doesn't care about people lives outside of work, only how much you can increase their bonus. The only positives of working for this company I had was how much I learned in the field and my co-workers.
A great desk job, with amazing co-workers and supervisors
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Glendale, AZAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free coffee, vending machines, great management
Cons: must adhere to breaks and lunches
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Terminix. Everyone was very helpful and kind and it's a great job to start customer service as the training is very informative and helpful.
Hard work, but harder to advance
Irrigation and Landscaping Sales and Service (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCAugust 12, 2014
Lack of opportunity for growth and stunted from receiving profitable sales leads by management and senior employees.
fumigation
fumigation specialists (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2014
A typical day at work would be tough and hot, you work outside in all kinds of conditions.
I Learned that fumigation isn't for everyone.
The management was okay there about there money.
The hardest part of the job would have to be carrying those 160 pound tarps up to ten times a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be punching out and leaving to go home to your family.
Learned alot
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2014
I learned so much from this company and enjoyed my time. I wish the company did not consolidate and force me to find a new job. I did make great friends there and gained a lot of knowledge.
n/a
Customer service Rep (Current Employee), Norcross gaAugust 6, 2014
The company has went out of business so i will never work there again
Competitive environment dealing with customers with severe insect problems
Co Owner Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very competitive, high energy environment, great management
Cons: low pay rate, long sitting hours, not much face to face interaction
Terminix is a high energy company that requires constant communication with multiple individuals in order to successfully obtain the goal. I learned the importance of compassion and understanding, as well as, the ability of persuasion. The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers with insect infestations in their home. The most enjoyable part was helping the people who have been suffering from insect problems and had given up. All of my co workers and management were very competitive and that pushed me to work even harder which i am enterally grateful.

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more