Terminix

Terminix Employee Reviews

Well organized company, Excellent training programs
Pest Management Technician (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Great company, good opportunity to learn a new field. Management was very helpful with assisting employees in obtaining the required state licensing for pest control. Enjoyed working with an organization where quality and equipment safety was important.
horrible management and liars
Keyman Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: day shift job
Cons: dosent pay well no room for advancement
Was told to lie to customers and charge on looks..as in who looks like they have more money then others. For example a customer could be charged triple or double for a treatment if they had nice house or drove a nice car.
NA
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 5, 2015
It is good, it is acceptable. There are good benefits. You may drive company truck home, Bonuses are eligible after one year.
Fun place to work
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHJanuary 4, 2015
I worked with a good group of people there. Enjoyed helping customers with questions about their accounts as well as the Terminix technicians making changes to their routes.
great place to work for.
Pest control tech (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: hours a week you work
start at 8:00 a.m.,service 15-20 a day,goto lunch at 12pm, finish with my last customer about 4:30. Call manager at the end of my day and check out.
free food for doing a good job
Termite Inspector (Former Employee), Moore, OKDecember 31, 2014
overall good trade to get in . learned how to manage a route . money was ok had to work hard to get ahead
Overall "it was a job."
Sales (Former Employee), Dallas, TxDecember 30, 2014
Pros: limited freedom to make sales happen.
Cons: poor pay, use of own vehicle, poor management
I was employed by Terminix for 5 yrs in sales. Money varies depending on the season. I have been gone for 4 years and from what I understand it is still the same. You have 4 to 6 salesman going after the same nut. Keep in mind you pay your own fuel and drive your own vehicle. With that said someone else makes your schedule and I found that this "other person" making schedule did not own after map. One could drive 200 miles after day and not have one credible appointment. This is a commissioned job. You are paid on a draw just as most car salesmen. On average you have to sale 13k a month to break even on draw. This does not include fuel. If you make a sale you are paid 2 or 3 % of sale for fuel. So it is in your best interest to prequalify your leads....problem....pre qualifying is a big "do not do." Your management will make or break you. Some care....Some don't. Just depends on branch. If you like little to no recognition for Selling above and beyond, want to make 40k a year after expenses, work six days a week and run a vehicle into the ground this might be the position for you. In short what I found as my overall view of the company and how they view sales/sale man is if they throw enough mud at the wall some will stick. Some won't. Turn over is huge. New sale men every 3 months or so.
Working at Terminix Pest Control...
Field Representative (Current Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: pay, individually driven, flexible hours
Cons: management
A typical day at work varies; you could be done by noon, or you could be out until past 7 o' clock. The company pays for all necessary training and licensing needed, but if you get placed on a route with "unsatisfactory customers", be prepared to take a ration of you-know-what every day you check in. The co-workers vary between branch to branch, but the hardest part is dealing with ignorant people, and then taking the blame for it, no matter WHAT. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the pay, if you have a good route and good customers, you'll make good money. If you get stuck with a bad route with customers who are hard to deal with, won't pay their bills, or cancel, be prepared to make barely enough to make it through the month.
Majority of time was outside as a field sales rep
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2014
Pros: field work, interacting with customers
Cons: changes made to compensation plan.
Received multiple awards as top sales rep. Became sales trainer specializing in commercial accounts. Accounts included, restaurants, schools, hospitals and various types of retail locations.
Shared closing techniques, customer service skills, as well as approach to marketing
Great Food
Sales-person and Inspector (Current Employee), Largo, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: empowered to lead
Cons: never got to see my children
The owner had a hand in all purchasing and quality control of the products that were brought in. The team had ample backing and training to ensure that the guest had a very enjoyable experience. I would spend my day coaching and ensuring that we could provide a great work environment for all our employees. I implemented a training program that empowered the best of the staff to develop a leadership roll if they so desired and excel in their careers. This helped me to run the lowest turnover rate as I only lost employees as they finished school and moved on to their chosen careers.
customer service dept is a slave ship
Customer service (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 11, 2014
not a good job for an adult . they make the job way harder than it should be .
No life and poor management skills. Good pay for hard workers.
PC Technician (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits and solid paycheck if you make quota
Cons: lots of wasted time due to inaccurate or incomplete addresses, locations, verification, etc.
Only left because management took advantage of my tenacious spirit. Got burned out! Spent too much time waiting on extracurricular activities like waiting for truck to be fixed in shop, etc. Too often my truck wasn't up to par and missing chemicals needed for job completion. Would love to work for a Service Master company again but under different conditions!
Awful Company To Work For
Commercial & Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 21, 2014
Cons: you name it
Awful Company to work for.

Ridiculous, inadequate training, out dated technology.

Minneapolis/St Louis Park Branch Manager is an absolute incompetent! No help, no clue as to real world workings.

How they stay in business with current customer base is beyond me.

Don't Work There!!
Job has lots of potential, management is horrid!
Tech (Former Employee), St. Louis Park MNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits and highest paid pest company in area
Cons: work/life balance, long hours and lack of management skills.
The management is completely horrid. Management does not explain ANY required forms to fill out, any procedures. No information is given in regards to supplies needed. My immediate supervisor only says negative things about his staff. The office manage was known to make inappropriate comments during company meetings. This is no organization. A new hire is quite literally put out on their own the following day once they receive their license. You are EXPECTED to be a top performer from that day forward.

Coworkers are very helpful, and want you to succeed. They ALMOST make up for the lack of management skill.
A nice place to work if you are looking for many hours...
Fumigator Helper (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: rewards, over time
Cons: one day off a week, strenuous work
Like any job, you get burned out. Terminix is an okay place to work. The staff and management are awesome, but the work can be strenuous.
great place
Sr. Termite Inspector (Former Employee), Evansville, INNovember 17, 2014
Alot of driving. Meeting people. Tons of paper worker. Great benifits. wonderful team mates. Became lead in a year of employment. Always on the go and travel. Hardest part was losing customers you see so much over a period of time that you get to know
Life sucking career
Sales rep (Former Employee), Niceville, FLNovember 14, 2014
Cons: all sorts of them
I got out of high school and was awakened by 80 hour work weeks with no days off sometimes. Management on up to HR was what I would call the good ole boy system. Do not work here if you want to have any free time, or have a boss who cares about his/her employes.
Great Place to work
Administrator/Daily Planner/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALNovember 14, 2014
• Analyzed daily “on-time” performance of field technicians for managers to plan scheduling; provided reporting of “on-time” completion to service managers and/or branch managers for KPI analysis
• Processed accounts receivable/accounts payable and entered daily deposits with AS/400 system
• Maintained files pertinent to operations and provided customer support
Very nice
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 12, 2014
I didn't enjoy working with pests in peoples homes and I would rather not work this type of job.
Large Company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, NHNovember 7, 2014
Managers on the branch lever are not afraid to go to battle for the employee in there branch and make sure they get what they deserve. They are not afraid to promote within. Rapid advancement can be with this company when they are on the rise.

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more

Terminix Salaries