Terminix Employee Reviews

meet great people selling potential high
Sales Account Management (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 13, 2017
Lots of fun working the team is helpful in teaching and training is great you are given two months to train and go out in the territory with veteran staff to teach you the business of selling and inspecting. For sales job the inside sales took a lot of business from outside sale team and that cause a lot of us to leave to look for something else for the paycheck went down from 4,000 to average. Other wise out side sales in great to do for the company.
Pros
can make a lot on comminsion
Cons
inside sales team can take your business
Enjoyable
Renewal Termite Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLOctober 13, 2017
With this position, you meet and serve customers of all sorts. You deal with a fair amount of upset customers, and you have to communicate with management to get customers satisfied.
Pros
Year round work
Cons
Scheduling can be hectic
Great Company with a lot of Vision
Call Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2017
I had a great experience at Terminix. The culture was excellent and the Director was an excellent role model. I believe that it is a great culture to learn and grow from the leadership.
Pros
Great training
Interesting
Software Support/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAOctober 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the various office staff and getting their technician numbers. Doing the Budgets each year and preparing for the annual sales conference.
Enjoyable Employment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 10, 2017
Learned lots of new things! Management was great! Most enjoyable part of the job was traveling. Overall, great place to work. Benefits were good too. Early morning hours.
Run from this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  HawaiiOctober 10, 2017
Run this company lies to you from management to co worker stabbing each other in the back management not stepping up being managers co workers gossip about each other and famalies
Pros
Cons
everything
Tough company to work for, expectations exceed the pay
Exterminator (Current Employee) –  Farmville, NCOctober 9, 2017
There are some perks like driving a company truck with a gas card and service card, that is a huge benefit, outside of that, it is hard work, long hours, and mediocre pay for the amount of hours and work involved.
Pros
Company truck
Cons
Long hours, working in all weather
Enjoyed interaction with customers
Service Manger (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 9, 2017
For the most part this was a great place to work. Terminix allowed me to advance through many different positions within the branch that I worked. Local management was excellent but the corporate level is disconnected from their people in the field and put expectations that caused local management grief constantly.
Pros
Atmosphere within assigned branch
Cons
Expectations from Corporate level
Terminix
Service Professional, Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 8, 2017
Good place for work. However lacks advancements within company. typical days work consists of meeting re occuring accounts to identify potential or pest issues they might have going on
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
rarely recognized for exceeding expectations
Producted and fun environment
Customer Service Rep/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, moreover it was like a family atmosphere. I learned some valuable skills as customer service manager and representative.
Pros
Lunch periods was adequate.
Cons
Limited dental insurance.
Terminix Tech Experience
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 5, 2017
Its a pretty good place to work. They provide you with all the tools you need to be successful in the company. Not very family oriented from my experience but the pay is decent.I believe The managers really want the techs to succeed for the most part at least and the managers are reasonable. From my experience the other techs were really cool and fun to work with.
Pros
professional/respected company and decent pay
Cons
Not family oriented and you work a lot of hours
Bad Management
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 4, 2017
Sales Manager self centered ego manic condescending of fellow employees poor management skills watched 7 employees quit after he became manager gives poor advice suprised he is still has a job. 6 day work week if you need time off he punishes you by taking leads away. Uses his power to to abuse sales reps. Uncomfortable work environment under this Sales Manager. Stay away from this branch. Encouraged to lie to customers and raise prices on Ipad then lower so you can make a deal. Stay away.
Benefits
Cons
No Honesty
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  DAYTON OHIOOctober 3, 2017
Following up on leads for home Pest Control &Termite inspections. Going to homes and doing inspection for Termites & Pest Control. Writing up a proposal to remove the pest from the home through several different treatments
Pros
Helping home owners solve a problem that they have with pest control
Cons
Dirty job
Great place to work for.
Inside Sales/Administration (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHOctober 3, 2017
They downsized my office so the let a few people like me to be laid off.The manager was great and my coworkers were great. I liked this job very much inside sales outgoing calls setting up appointments. cold callin.
Renewal Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 2, 2017
Not much to say about working for Terminix. It is very slow paced and sometimes found myself asking if there was anything extra I could do to keep busy through out the day.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Something to have until you find something better
Senior Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 2, 2017
Good job to have if you need work. High turnover rate. if you like phones. Growth is slow and non-stop calls depending on the department you're in. unless you're not looking to grow and advance I would recommend finding other work.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 1, 2017
Terminix was a good place to work. We work together as a big team. Customer Service worked with the technicians to keep down cancellations and customer complaints.
Closing inbound leads,and selfgenerated leads
SalesRep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSSeptember 29, 2017
Call customer base.Work assigned company leads.Close leads,Finance.Sales Presentations,Helping Others,Inspections

I learned a lot about doing business in the Sales field,both in home and commercial
Pros
Enjoy helping others
Cons
na
Very productive
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 27, 2017
Good place to work, good guaranteed hours, very good pay, plus commission. I loved having my own company truck to take home. Loved making my own schedule
Pros
Own truck
Choose Another Employer
Commercial Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
Managers and service technicians compete directly with salespeople for sales and commissions. They benefit greatly from sales from your territory when you quit / are terminated. Sales turnover is a sales feeding frenzy for the service department and management - it's rigged!

The training and support from management is lacking and the culture is hostile.

Fundamentally, every salesperson is going door to door asking strangers if they are willing to hire Terminix to kill their rats. So - try using that line at your next backyard barbecue or pool party when someone asks you what you do for a living.
Pros
Rats are frequently killed
Cons
Sometimes you do the killing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9