Terminix Employee Reviews

Csr TO admin Asst
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 5, 2015
I enjoyed working here, the people i worked with were great. The hour and shift available were not by choice. you took alot of calls for csr. hardest part was being able to keep up with the constant changes. enjoyed coworkers though atmosphere was very high school and cliche.
Pros
vacation time, benefits
Cons
constant change, management
understaffed and unprofessional
Sales Inspector and Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VAOctober 3, 2016
Would pull in outsiders to work under the table with big jobs. Understaffed and poor management. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVFebruary 17, 2017
found out that I was allergic to most of the pestisides and the hours required to work was very long. and the long driving time and route was spread all over the state,
Pros
working with customers
Cons
felt like i lived in the vehicle.
Nice people
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 16, 2017
Nice associates in the business, able to befriend. Have vehicles for the associates, provides the equipment for the job to get completed. Have a lot of book knowledgeable information on pest.
Pros
Work vehicles
Cons
Pay and standards
Productive and team development
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Grenada, MSNovember 5, 2016
Normal day consist of morning meetings to assured we are on the right path to increase sales and customer growth. The biggest challenge would be getting enough appointments each day. I have a veteran staff that loves what they do each day.
somewhat fair
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Summerdale, ALSeptember 5, 2016
Okay job with nice people. Not much chance for advancement. Pros are that you get to meet new people on a daily basis and spend time with your customers.
Pros
meeting new people and dealing with public
Cons
no advancement
Great work place
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2017
I enjoy making sales calls, and eliminating problems for my commercial customers. They have weekly training and there is always new things to learn in regards to services.
Great place to work as Pest technician or termite technician but Sales Professionals should be leery
Outside Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 22, 2017
A typical day would involve driving to at least 6 appointments and crawling through attics and crawlspaces to try to find evidence of termites/rodents/misc. insects. Recommend services to fit customers needs.
I learned a lot about Termites and rodents and that really no other service technicians that go in the attic (plumber, roofer, ac tech, etc.) even look for rodent droppings or termite activity, let alone tell their customers that they found anything.
The management was four strong. It consisted of two service managers, one sales manager, and the General Manager. The pest control service manager knew his stuff and was on top of everything. The termite service manager made excuses for his team instead of helping them or holding them accountable and could never remember to schedule anything or would tell you he did something and then when you ask him about it would tell you he forgot. The termite team were the guys that did all the work that got sold. They would often produce sub-standard work and the sales manager and pest control manager would bring it to the attention of the general manager but he was too "confident in Terminix" to fix the situation. I would have loved to stay here but couldn't have my name dragged through the mud on every job I sold. We weren't cheap in general but for the work we completed I wouldn't have paid pennies on the dollar for the work our crew completed.
The culture was mostly friendly. Branch meetings every Thursday and sales meeting Monday and Wednesday mornings. Everyone got along and joked around. It was great!
Hardest part of the job
  more... was promising a job and then the job not being completed to company standards almost 90% of the time. Makes it hard to sell a service you know won't go as promised.
The upside is all the great people you get to meet and talk to every day. Everyone seemed to really enjoy me talking to them and the way I explained their problems.
Pros
Company car, iPad and iPhone.
Cons
New commission is unobtainable even by 25+ year veterans.
Typical corporation
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland/flJanuary 24, 2017
Just another number in the system. You could work 70 hours a week and get paid worse than a wait or at red lobster. Not family oriented and has no respect for the worker.
don't miss work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2016
attendance policy sucks, they don't care if you have a family, they just care about you being on the phone. on the plus side you don't have a dress code, and the calls are pretty easy to resolve.
Pros
no dress code
Cons
attendance policy
Fun Enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 31, 2016
The call center was very fun to work for, I was laid off along with 8 other people. My supervisors really stuck out their neck for me on alot of things. Great co-workers as well
Pros
company lunches, contests
Cons
dealing with rude customers all day
fast pace
Area Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, KYDecember 28, 2016
motivate coworkers and provide a service to corp. and customers. Stay focused and do a job I can be proud of. Leave the company a little better off each daybecause of my efforts.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJanuary 13, 2017
Very difficult to retain employees in the specific department I was over. Daily struggle to work with the sales team, and depend on them to provide work for production levels to be met.
Job has lots of potential, management is horrid!
Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park MNNovember 19, 2014
The management is completely horrid. Management does not explain ANY required forms to fill out, any procedures. No information is given in regards to supplies needed. My immediate supervisor only says negative things about his staff. The office manage was known to make inappropriate comments during company meetings. This is no organization. A new hire is quite literally put out on their own the following day once they receive their license. You are EXPECTED to be a top performer from that day forward.

Coworkers are very helpful, and want you to succeed. They ALMOST make up for the lack of management skill.
Pros
benefits and highest paid pest company in area
Cons
Work/life balance, long hours and lack of management skills.
High Turnover Rate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 26, 2016
This job is ok for a college student or young adult with limited responsibilities. very strict for only 12/hourly. Scheduling is ok due to multiple shifts being available. I wouldn't recommend unless a job is desperately needed, Prepare to be fired for any little thing.
Cons
Short Breaks
Job
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GA Marietta GaJanuary 15, 2017
Job at the time was great and can not compare to today. The pay and opportunities were great but can not compare to today..........How bout them Falcons
Not Good
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 3, 2016
I like working with people that keep their word and do what they say they are going to do. I would not recommend this to anyone.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No real in the field work becuse of all the conference calls.
Terminix Dayton
Licensed Inspector (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 26, 2016
Branch Manager does not promote women. Both women inspectors left company who were top producers over 8 years. Branch manager lied consistently and promoted "the boys club". Branch manager enjoyed bullying and gossiping. Branch manager insisted on micromanaging your daily activities, meeting Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No balanced life
terminix
Retired (Former Employee) –  keymanNovember 1, 2016
i just wanted to get out of the stuff i was working in i got sick and had to be on disability and now i want to help my children that are in college by working around the amount i am allowed to work and keep my disability.
What work/life balance?
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 12, 2012
The largest pest control company has employee and customer turnover issues. Company pushes for ever-more production from ever-fewer employees. Something has to be sacrificed: service quality and employee job satisfaction have been seriously impacted. Employees are concerned about having their pay cut or job requirements raised. Job security is a huge concern at Terminix. It is a good place to receive initial training before moving to a different company or opening your own business. They know it, too.
Pros
lots of training available
Cons
insular culture, terrible work/life balance, indifferent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terminix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9