Terminix

Terminix Employer Reviews

n/a
Customer service Rep (Current Employee), Norcross gaAugust 6, 2014
The company has went out of business so i will never work there again
Competitive environment dealing with customers with severe insect problems
Co Owner Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: very competitive, high energy environment, great management
Cons: low pay rate, long sitting hours, not much face to face interaction
Terminix is a high energy company that requires constant communication with multiple individuals in order to successfully obtain the goal. I learned the importance of compassion and understanding, as well as, the ability of persuasion. The hardest part of my job was dealing with irate customers with insect infestations in their home. The most enjoyable part was helping the people who have been suffering from insect problems and had given up. All of my co workers and management were very competitive and that pushed me to work even harder which i am enterally grateful.
Unstable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville FloridaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: there used to be some, but now with their changes i can think of none.
Cons: michro-manage even down to potty breaks.
This company changes management as quickly as most people change socks. They overwork their employees and with each passing year their benefits decrease. They are constantly revamping, for what they believe is to the better. However it is not. They used to let each office handle their own clients. Then they made it so each region handled everyone in regions calls. This was still not so bad. Then it went to everyone handled nationally. This was bad because you no longer had a personal relationship with customers. Then there is the fact that they like to fire people with no notice what so ever. They know in advance who they are going to let go, but they give no indications. You just come in one morning and they inform you it is your last day. There are always budget cut backs or offices closing. They treat the location manager like dirt. I felt sorry for their Service managers. This is a horriblele company to work for.
typical day
Route Technician (Current Employee), wheeling, wvJuly 29, 2014
manage daily route. coworkers are great. love being on my own.
great co to work for
Inspector/sales (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 27, 2014
Pros: great income
Cons: too many hrs. 60-70 per week
Over all a great co to work for there is a balance between home and work that has to be achieved. I put in a lot of hrs and need more quality home time
Great leadership vision of growth, success and team work.
Senior Director Call Center (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: never off
My day at Terminix was a balance of people needs and process needs.

A typical day included multiple cross functional team meetings regarding First Call Resolution, Collections, Outbound Calling, Pricing and new business opportunities.

My co-workers were engaged and eager to perform. The hardest part of the job was engaging those team members that did not have a clear vision of the success and advancement they could achieve at Terminix.

I learned that every call is important and everyone you meet is a future customer.
Enjoyed working with my teams over the past 21 years.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: customer interaction and associates
Cons: divisional and region management
Daily operation of a branch is an adjustment on the fly as is any service industry job. I have been fortunate to work with some of the finest managers, technicians and sales people in industry. Hardest part of the job was simply accepting inaccurate numbers pushed down without verification or validation.
Big Mistake
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: there weren't any
Cons: everything
I had only heard good things about ServiceMaster as a good company. Terminix is one of their baby companies. I enjoyed working with my team not management. A typical was spent apologizing to customers for them having bugs in their home. Their was not and enjoyable part to my job there. The hardest part of my job was knowing that I could do it so much better and was never given the opportunity.
A good company.
Salesman (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2014
This is a good company to work for. Employees are trained by Entomologists and managers with many years of experience.
Fun place to work but watch out for management
Keyman (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good work hours, take home vehicle, fun atmosphere
Cons: poor management
I loved working for Terminix because of the schedule. I enjoyed the customers and LOVED the sales aspect because of my competitive nature. However, in my personal experience, management is a huge let down. I was the top salesman in my store and one of the top in the entire company and because of this I spoke to my manager about a promotion. He agreed and stated that if I met certain goals he would promote me. 6 months after I met the goals I was given the run around and never received the promotion while my supervisors were passing off their work and failing to meet sales goals. I liked my co-workers and the office staff but not the management. The job was not difficult, however, scheduling appointment can be tough with certain customers. Overall I liked my job and would have never left if management would have kept the promises they made.
Do not trust anyone there.
Regional Assistant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 16, 2014
Got reprimanded for doing my job. Stabbed in back by so called friends. No corporate backing at all.
Needs better managment skills
Scheduler (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: hour lunchs
Cons: benenfits and coworkers
My job is ok I do alot of work for what I do and get paid less my co-workers are ok sometimes but are for childish at somethings.
Pays good, if you follow the system
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), pleasanton, caJuly 3, 2014
Pros: truck to take to and from work
Cons: long hours in summer, payment plan
you leave your home to arrive at your first stop by 8am, work until stops are completed for the day. management can be hit or miss, as you have multiple bosses. worst part is dealing with ungrateful managers/customers. best part is when someone who actually has an issue gets it resolved due to your hard work
Boring
Schedular (Former Employee), MariettaJune 30, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: boring
This job had great benefits but it was very boring and I cant stand just sitting at a desk all day.
Inbound Sales Rep (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJune 21, 2014
Pros: outings and bonuses
Cons: micromanaging is not needed.
Taking calls from customers that are looking to invest in pest control service as a yearly service agreement. Make sure that all entries are input in the data base correctly, meet metrics, and maintain a great working relationship with customers, while increasing sales for the company. Occasionally, work with outbound team to reinstate customers that have delinquent accounts. There really was no hard part about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation and the team environment.
Good pay level
Management - Sales/Service (Current Employee), Raleigh , NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: constant change
Creating leads for sales
Learned how to better present products and information
immediate supervisors are great to work for.
Co workers all get along and try and have a good time working
the hardest part of the job is the constant need for change
being able to work with the public
Terminix International
Customer Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: great hours, competitive pay
Cons: poor management, low job security
The hours were great and the pay got the job done. The only problem with the work itself was that I almost only dealt with the unhappy customers. The real thing that made the job unpleasant was the management and almost no job security. The main manager would regularly be seen on his phone on the floor, which is illegal there, per PCI compliance. The job security was another thing. An entire, 24-person training class starting in January 2014 has been let go. Four people have been fired in the last month, three of which were top performers. This is what makes me believe Terminix fired them is because they were being paid too much. It is a terrible feeling going in to work every day wondering if I will be coming back tomorrow
Productive and fun place for sales
Sales/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 11, 2014
Terminix was a fun and exciting learning experience for me. We challenge on a daily basis to reach a set goal and rewarded if you were the top seller of the day. I learned how to push myself to be the best at what I do in sale.
great place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJune 11, 2014
Pros: having a beer after work witht he boss
Cons: nothing
Data Entry was my main job, management was great and co-workers were great as well, don't remember anything to hard about the job I am a quick learner ad a hard worker.
Great Place to work
Admin/Collection Agent (Current Employee), Norcross, GA relocated to PhoenixJune 10, 2014
Terminix is a great place to work. They give you a chance to grow within the company

About Terminix

Terminix has set its sights on destroying your bug problem. Terminix offers pest control services for termites and a wide range – Read more