Terminix Employee Reviews in United States

Nice work environment
Inside Sales Rep-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2015
Loved my job, excellent training program, flexible hours, potential to make a great amount of money. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Would recommend this job to anyone qualified.
Pros
Pay
Cons
N/A
I was my in charge my job daily
Exterminator (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KYNovember 12, 2015
When I first started there I was working in office as CSR. I then took a position as termite inspector, I was then given a pest control route. The office worked together to make sure all clients were taken care every month. The hardest part of my job was getting people to understand why they had a problem with pest.I liked working with people who were concerned that the client was taken care of.
Great lace to work, people are great, Safety is job one
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 12, 2015
This was a great place for me to work. I really enjoyed my time there. The hours were good the pay was good. Had they not combined brances and I was laid off I would still be there
Pros
High on safety, good pay, co workers are great, they care about the employee
Cons
Some routes do drive a lot in between stops
They are awful!
secretary (Former Employee) –  Broadway, NCNovember 10, 2015
It was one of the most inconsistent job requirements and expectations I have ever encountered. I loved working with the public.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
inconsistent and stressful
Enjoyed working for this company.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 4, 2015
Assist the public and service men daily. I learned a lot about the pest control and termite business and was given the chance to take the Pest Control Technician test and also observe the men working. I enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
A billion dollar company, technologically lagging, deficient in training, and tries to grow by 'defense'
Inspector/Sales/Application (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2015
Terminix was bought from the Servicemaster group of companies, reorganized and sold back to Servicemaster a few years ago. Buyout 'specialists' did the easy work by closing small offices, reducing rent and overhead and consolidated by opening larger offices and call centers to handle customer contact/management. They seemingly blatantly ignored other more complex and costly issues that could have made Terminix a world class company and instead left the company with a different set of challenges.

Call center attrition rate as of March '15 is 30% and a regular source of customer complaints.

The day to day operations, reporting, etc, uses a DOS based computer system (that's right, no typo, DOS)

Routing of over 8,000 service vehicles is grossly inefficient and wastes technicians time and opportunity to earn (ever heard of Microsoft Streets and Trips?)

Initial classroom and online training is adequate and meets state requirements. In field developmental training is ad hoc

Technician compensation has a built in 'wage supressor' meaning cancels due to customer moving, dying, complaints about call center ops all contribute to reducing commission and no way for a tech to neutralize those cancels thru pro active, controllable measures on their own part.

Management has clear operational and financial goals, but has not incentivized the workforce to 'buy in' to those goals, to wit.....lack of continual training, lack of an effective employee 'feedback program' and wage suppression of their primary public contact service people.
interesting place to work
OSP Residential Inspector (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 4, 2015
Good place to develop and understand the inner workings of a sales branch.
Good area close to home.
training was good at first but was forgotten about when it came to the field training. it was left up to my competition(other OSP's in the branch) to finish my training and all except for 1 or 2 of them were much less than helpful.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 3, 2015
Excellent work place. Co-workers and managers very friendly. Worked Pest and Termite sales. Good benefits and holiday pay. Build meetings.
Pros
Company cookouts
Cons
build meetings
Good job to work for with excellent benefits, retirement, accrued leave and good environment.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2015
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid is a wonderful job to work for. It provides excellent benefits, retirement and accrued leave. Provides good legal and social services for the needy.
Outside sales rep
Pest Inspector (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 1, 2015
Pro
Company is made up of some good mangers, but for the most part ok place to work. Nice co workers, nice car you drive in. Don't pay for gas.

Cons
Benefits not good. Expect a lot of door knocking and cold calling in winter month. In the winter you are going to starve to death if you don't get the pest control tech to give you leads. During the swarm season expect not to come home tell 10pm Mon to Sat. Be really good at cold calling and door knocking to make it through your first year because lead will not be given to the new people that
Hours of elevation to expectation
Team Lead, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2015
Abnormal small building that cares about there employees. Numbers was always the goal, but learning warehouse material, the foundation of success, it shows you everything about team ethic an leadership skills.
Pros
bbq lunches, holiday parties, easter egg hunting
Cons
3 breaks, healthcare choices
Would expect more!
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 26, 2015
After being the Pest Control Industry for 15 years I would have expected more of a company owned by Service Master. Management was lacking in knowledge of services, industry and motivational skills.
Long Hours and good pay
Residential Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more diffcult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Good Health Benfits
Cons
They micromanagemnet
Micro Managing-poor Mgmt.
OSP (Former Employee) –  newburghOctober 23, 2015
I was talked down to, which did not make me feel I was worthwhile,
I do not recommend the company. Manager plays favorites, did not wake up excited about job
Pros
servicemaster is a good co.
Cons
Newburgh Branch Mgr
Long hours, but you definitely have lots of freedom.
Sales (Former Employee) –  OklahomaOctober 21, 2015
Lots of Freedom to control your own destiny, but it's lots of hours, and gets slow through Winter. If you put in the time you can make a very decent living.
Great Job
Customer Service Resolution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2015
Overall great job. new call center has undergone several changes leading to more growth opportunities . Invest in stregth building to improve leadership qualities.
good place to work
Pest Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 7, 2015
Terminix is a good place to work because you get to work freely without interference from management, and if you do your job well, there is not much oversight. They try to reward you for top performance, but fall short.
They'll basically give you a Terminix shirt and tell you to make it happen
Outside sales (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 7, 2015
The outside sales position is a complete joke. I've been there for over 1.5 years living on promises of things getting better. They never do. In reality this is a cold call/door to door position with very high turnover. There will be 2 or 3 guys who get all the leads, other than fake junk leads. Your best bet to make sales will be to do an hourly paid position for no pay and "work your magic".
There is money to be made but unless one of the guys with a gravy territory dies, you'll be doing more company business than it's worth to try to make it.
My best bet right now is to crawl under snake/spider infested houses (8+ per day) and try to find problems that no one has tried to sell on yet.
THERE IS NO LEADS TO CLOSERS PROGRAM. The employment sales ad they are running blatantly lies about that.
This is coming from a person who is still on good terms and working there.... Run.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
This is a fake sales position to get you to promote their services until you quit, They will provide little or no leads.
Friendly co-workers and managment
commercial pest sales and service (Former Employee) –  omaha, NeOctober 7, 2015
a lot of turnover created extra long work days and weeks. Fourth branch manager in five years. The most rewarding part of this position was working with customers to take care of their issues.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
sometimes 70hrs a week
Terminix Review
Customer Service Call Center (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 6, 2015
Terminix cares for there employees . They are always trying to find
ways to have good employee relations . They also care about there
customers and the quality of service
Pros
health benefits, breaks
Cons
call center numbers

2.9