Terra Engineering and Construction Corp. is a civil construction company specializing in earth retention, drilling, deep foundations, dams, watercourse and marine work, landfill gas and petroleum pipeline installations, underground utilities, excavating and grading. Terra also provides engineering/ design build services for earth retention and deep foundation structures.
We are looking for a Civil Estimator to join our Madison office. The successful candidate is capable of taking ownership and leading in the preparation of a complete estimate or proposal. The aspiring applicant will also be adept at identifying risk and opportunities and developing a win strategy.
Responsibilities essential to this position include:
- Preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates.
- Assist in the development of written proposals for value type pursuits.
- Lead in the presentation and review of estimates.
- Gather site and market information pertinent to bid preparation.
- Manage material take-off and quantity surveying.
- Work with the Administration group to ensure bid bond, insurance and document review requirements are met.
- Develop safe, high quality approaches to construction.
- Source best value subcontractors and suppliers while working with our Purchasing Department.
- Manage the request for quotations process and any special interest requirements.
- Accumulate, evaluate, and document historical cost data.
- Organize and prepare bid close documents.
- Review special requirements with the Chief Estimator.
- Maintain addendum control.
- Complete general expense entries and preliminary construction schedule.
- Ensure that all bid forms are completed and properly prepared.
- Complete the as-bid estimate.
- Lead estimate turnover on successful projects.
- 10 years of progressive experience as a civil estimator on heavy civil projects or by project management experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills are requisite.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time with proven time management skills. The ability to work independently or as a member of a team. A strong work ethic to complete tasks in a high quality manner. A solid attention to detail with the ability to be a problem solver.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HCSS is required.
- Knowledge in Primavera/MS Project, CAD and digital take off programs is desirable.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Vehicle provided
- Health, Long and Short Term Disability
- 401 k
- Paid Vacation
Indeed - 12 months ago