Terracon

Terracon Employee Reviews

Diverse Enginieering Company from Electrical, Physical, Environmental, to Construction Materials
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits and Management
Cons: Nothing. It was a great place to work.
It was a great company to work for. They became like family and made you want to work harder and longer for the good of the company as a whole. I was afforded many opportunities with this company and enjoyed every day working there.
Enjoyable office and working alongside others
CADD Operator, Environmental Tech, Local IT Admin (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great office environment and staff, cross-training, Christmas gifts and dinner, Pretty good pay, per diem, mileage, and company truck provided.
Cons: Sometimes had to work through without a break, Advanced training was not allowed unless it directly effected the position
I was allowed to work on projects that pushed me to get training online and from the engineers, as well as the IT department. I was cross-trained to do field work for the engineers and also helped in the lab, as well as assist the IT department.
One project was labor intensive and required me to work extra hours with an engineer, which was okay since I was getting paid for the hours, and enjoyed learning new things.
The company has awesome benefits, including 401K and ESOP, as well as insurance, paid holidays, and PTO.

It was sad that the overall diminishing construction industry caused folks like myself to be laid off. I, for one, enjoyed working with the people and the company.
Out of touch management on local office level....
misc. (Former Employee), USAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great company wide initiative, resources, opportunity and vision.
Cons: aspirations of younger management without enough experience is completely frustrating.
If you are in management maybe okay. If you only aspire to be a technician it will wear thin....quickly. If you plan on making moves into management, it is your typical run of the mill corporate, back stabbing environment...if you're into that kind of thing.
Personal time managment with great benefits.
Accounting Representative II (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexibility and personal space
Cons: no complaints
My boss really helped me to hone my AR skills. Loved learning new tasks. Working area was in pods which allowed for great collaboration with co-workers.
Average
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Policy states we are not contractually allowed to state online views.
Admin.
Administrative Staff I (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 9, 2015
I love this company, everything was great. The environment, professional, respectable business.
Poor first job out of college
CMT Technician (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: they give you a truck
Cons: they charge you for the truck
The company is big, but good luck getting any sort of career path or opportunity. I was made into a field technician working with guys that have no educational background and abuse prescription drugs. If you really need a job right out of college personally I'd keep looking.
Terrible place to work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Wheat Ridge, CODecember 30, 2014
Cons: long hours, don't appriciate your hard work it is all about the dollar
Very hostile work environment,nothing is ever good enough, the only company that I have been involved with that treat people like trash and corporate condones it. All they care about is money
Not for me
Field Technician - Construction (Former Employee), Plainville, MANovember 21, 2014
Pros: paid mileage
Cons: low wages
Do not express good people skills. Poor management skills. Poor communication skills.
Good job if you like long hours
Construction Materials Technician (Current Employee), Cedar FallsNovember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits. company vehicle.
Cons: work long hours/weekends
A lot of driving. 10-16 hour shifts on a regular basis. You are basically there to accommodate construction crews and wait around for them to be ready for you. At the same time most clients don't actually care what your test results are.
Utah
Asbestos Project Manager I (Former Employee), UtahOctober 30, 2014
Great place to work, great people and job culture. The terracone is a great addition
Terracon is a great place to work.
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2014
Terracon is a great place to work. My co-workers are very skilled in their respective areas.
Great People
ICC SPECIAL INSPECTOR/FIELD ENGINEER (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, COOctober 8, 2014
Enjoy working with my co-workers. Payed for my certifications they encourage you to learn and experience as much as you can.
good people
Eng tech 2 (Former Employee), charlotteOctober 8, 2014
put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.put your dues in and you will go far.
Great company to expand your skills
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long work days
A typical day consists of emailing, setting up jobs as they come in. Reviewing reports and documents for errors. Submit draft and final reports to clients. Invoicing and collections.
Employee Owned Company
Laboratory II Technician (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 28, 2014
Pros: benefits, pto
Cons: unwillingness to train, penny pinching, provides employee lunch only once every two months, up and down industry
Good benefits compared to most companies. Inconsistent work hours mainly due to the industry. Coworkers are knowledage and experienced although some aren't. Years of experience doesn't necessarily mean knowable in a subject or make someone good at their job. Seems the main concern about this company is solely on profit even though safety is emphasized. Hourly employees are usually hurt by hours mainly to keep the salary personal looking good and keeping their bonuses.
Good learned what was needed to be a field tecnician
Field Technician (Former Employee), Flora Vista, NMFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: traveling to jobs and meeting new people at job sites
Cons: testing and office work
Started as a field technician that did not know what the job was about. Worked at the Durango hospital as a concrete technicien with a very good and knowledgable supervisor. Learned what was needed to preform job as required. Stayed there till completion of hospital and went to job sites on own and preformed test that were neede in the field and took samples back to office for more testing. Worked very well with co-works and enjoyed job and visiting all job sites within four corners. Hardest part of job was taking test that were required to be certified. Enjoyed traveling to job sites and testing.
Wonderful position with great expectations
Administrative Assistant III /CSR (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
This position was great all around. The company practices were organized and gave many opportunities for advancement.
Challenging and educational/
Engineerign Technician (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLNovember 25, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours and alot of traveling if working in florida
This is a big corporate company that is spread all over the U.S.. Terracon is family Orientated and keeps their employees very buisy.
Good for young person with no strings attached
Certified Materials Inspector (Former Employee), Bettendorf, IAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: some good people to work around
Cons: travel. pay. benefits. managements inability to care. hours.
For the amount of hours you put in its not worth it. Work you ragged and then all of a sudden cut your hours and expect you to come in for 4 hour time slots. Good for someone with no family or attachments. Travel long ways with long hours. Be nice if they'd offer a company vehicle. Management makes all the money, technicians get crapped on. Actually made more money through temp agency then when I was officially a company employee. Agreed it's the wal mart of this profession. Don't waste your time.

1 2 3

About Terracon

Employee-owned Terracon Consultants provides geotechnical, environmental, construction material evaluation, pavement engineering – Read more

Terracon Salaries