Terranea Resort Employee Reviews

Beautiful location
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Beautiful location, free parking and free lunch; interesting clientele with opportunity to meet guests from all over the world; holidays are beautiful and Summers are quite busy!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
promotes young, inexperienced managers from WITHIN resort, NEVER hiring "Outside the Box", H.R. Dept. is quite disorganized and POOR at solving work-related issues, resort is going UNION
Relaxed and welcoming workplace, has a golf course.
Golf Operator (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Everything was amazing, I just wasn't given enough hours and the distance was far to work for a little bit of time. I live in Gardena and Terranea Resort is all the way out on the Peninsula of Palos Verdes.
Pros
Free Lunches for an hour/ free golf games
Cons
Not enough hours/ Long Distance driving
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2018
Nice place where to work. The hardest part of the job was walking for all the resort for the all day long. But nice co-workers and nice resort. I recommend this place
A Beautiful Environment filled with Collaboration
Director (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CADecember 27, 2017
Terranea is a beautiful place to work, with team members who will always have your back. I cannot recommend enough. There is a reason why so many employees have been on the property since the report opened in 2009.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great job security, great and friendly staff, beautiful place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CASeptember 21, 2017
A typical day at work would be making sure my uniform is clean and pressed .Then arrive on time to pre shift and wine tastings. Management changes a lot ,so depends on the timing . Our culture is to give 5 diamond service in a relaxed friendly manner. The hardest part of the job is that its seasonal,but you are able to pick up banquet shifts .The most enjoyable part of the job is my teammates ,customers and the ocean front view! It feels like family ,and we have a cafeteria open for breaks .
Pros
Free food in the cafeteria, and 401k and benefits
Cons
seasonal
My over all experience could be improved
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CASeptember 8, 2017
My general vibe of Terranea is everyone else is to blame. Personal responsibility results in isolation and discipline but if you can redirect the fault you are no longer in the spotlight and that isn't the stated goal when it comes to the guest. Wow the guest is the goal and in all departments everyone is so afraid of getting in trouble that guest with the simplest request get over looked and by passed. The quality of service has suffered and so has our scores.
Beautiful place to work for
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAAugust 18, 2017
While I had the pleasure of working at Terranea it was also one of the most physically demanding jobs I have ever been at! The resort is stunning and no matter if you are having a horrible day, all you need to do is take a walk outside and the ocean instantly calms your nerves. Over all the best place I have ever been to! Only left due to a horrible manager for IRD but since I've left she has also left to a new location so I would recommend anyone to work at Terranea!
Pros
Beautiful place
Cons
The old IRD manager was the worst
Great atmosphere to work in
Host (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAAugust 3, 2017
I love that everyone at Terranea loved to be at work. The atmosphere is competitive but all managers are supportive and want you to succeed. There is a lot of room for growth with the company.
great paying job
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 24, 2017
It paid well to work here, but the interview and hiring process was very slow, so it was not the best experience overall. I wish that it was more efficient.
Interesting workplace with an amazing view but
Guest Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 14, 2017
company hardly has the best interest in its employees; they're over worked with not enough pay/compensation and even forced to pass up a break from time to time.
Pros
free lunch and benefits
Cons
the management doesnt have enough experience to manage, its like high school
Beautiful Place, too many requests
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Estates, CAJuly 8, 2017
Working at the first Los Angeles resort edging the Pacific Ocean has its perks and cons. I learned how to socialize with all kinds of persons of different ethnicity and background. I learned there are people living off well who are nice, and others who are snobby or weak minded due to their money and "entitlement." This was my first official maintenance job. I was getting calls for plumbing, small electrical, AC, Refrigeration, maintenance, etc, all around technician. The experience was great but Air Controls had a better plan for me.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No overtime, Stressful
fun woking place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJune 27, 2017
loved working there amazing people there and the hard part would have to be is the hours and working weekends. But loved working there best job ever. would recommend it if flexible with hours.
Pros
free lunch, fun people, nice coworkers
Cons
working weekends and holidays.
I love this place
Steward (Current Employee) –  Rancho palos verdesMay 23, 2017
The surrounding area is beautiful who wouldn't want to work here. There are many options when you choose to be a part of Terranea. And you have the chance to get promoted every six months. You can find a lot of opportunities here and develop good relationships with managers and other workers from different departments.
Pros
Free lunch and good health care
Cons
Double shifts
Great
Fitness and Wellness Center Instructor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAMay 21, 2017
Great!> Good people and great team work. Great place and privitie. Good thing I was involved with a great team> really knows the industy and good company>
It was interesting
Cook 3 (intern) (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAMay 6, 2017
It was interesting. But I felt that i was being held back on the experience that I could learn. But all the people there are nice. Its not just for me. Cause im just the type of person will take the extra mile to gain the knowledge and experience. I wanna work at the Basserie Le Halles at NYC. I know that it would be a good experience for me
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAFebruary 23, 2017
- Flexible hours
- Great location, beautiful views everyday
- Great pay and benefits
- Enjoyable coworkers and management
- Round-the-clock employee dining
Productive, great team work place
Valet Lead-man (Former Employee) –  Terranea ResortFebruary 20, 2017
The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Helping people with their vehicles and providing them with a warm welcoming is how I learned more about compassion and attending to their needs. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly with the company. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and will put it to good use. Growth opportunities here are great, and management is always willing to be flexible with school and work.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
Short breaks
Work Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAFebruary 5, 2017
My managers really care about my education. They not only work with my school schedule but they encourage my educational and professional goals. Thumbs up Terranea for being a supportive family!
Pros
"I mean the views!"
Top 10 places to work!
Golf Steward (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJanuary 23, 2017
-Setting up and closing golf course facilities
- greet guests and accommodate for any wants and needs
- Gives exemplary customer service everyday that I am at work
- Everyone at Terranea resort always has a smile on their face, making everyone who visits feels welcome
- most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you've made a positive impact on guest's experience at the hotel whether is something small or big
Pros
Spectacular views, great associates, welcoming community
Cons
Long drive to work
Great work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Estates, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Great work environment. Employees are all willing to help each other and managers encourage team work. Great company to work for. Always hiring for seasonal