Terranea Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Not quite the five star workplace. Great people, beautiful property.
Operations Team (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 16, 2015
Kind management. A lot of young, casual local San Pedro kids get hired at this property and that is what ultimately brings down the professionalism. Hotel is built in such a beautiful location but how everything is built and designed is very inconvenienced for employees & guests. Not enough parking for employees OR guests. They need to recognize and appreciate their employees more. Not enough training will be given, you will be thrown out on the job on your first week. Hotel makes exceptional amounts of money, however, they do not give raises to the employees nor any other special needs (PARKING SPACE). Company tries very hard to be a five diamond/star property but they fail to look at the big picture and do not focus on the little things that need to be improved and developed. Overall a good property to work for, but not an excellent property that deserves my forever loyalty.
Optimistic work environment, lots of room for growth
ASSISTANT PASTRY CHEF (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 25, 2015
Many opportunities, very positive work environment, provide uniforms, benefits, free lunch, plus amenities and discounts. competitive wages, beautiful design and setting, always looking to improve. Highest profiting hotel in LA county
Pros
Beautiful place to be 40 hours a week
F&B Supervisor
In Room Dining Supervisor/Server (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Estates, CANovember 9, 2015
In Room Dining Supervisor: Responsible for overlooking the department; as well as ensuring all orders/amenities/events are set and delivered at a five diamond standard. Constantly assisting servers with preparation, creating projects, placing tips for department staff, conducting department meetings, etc. As an In Room Dining Server: Responsible for organizing, preparing and delivering room service orders in a professional manner with an outstanding attitude and performance. Effectively monitor and participate in the daily operations of the In Room Dining Department, including providing support and guidance to fellow in room dining personnel to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience. Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, In Room Dining Event Orders. Communicate all changes within the In Room Dining Department and makes adjustments according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
Beautiful resort in Southern California.
Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 8, 2014
I enjoy working as a team with my fellow Engineers on a beautiful property along the ocean. I assist hotel guests with maintaining rooms, on-site restaurants, public areas and offices of my co-workers. I am responsible for all plumbing and electrical work and maintain work orders to reflect the progress and completion of areas that need maintenance. I am looking for leadership opportunities where I can advance as well as further education. In my current role, I feel I do not receive enough training from management or support to advance.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
minimal opportunity for advancement, compensation, bonuses.
Productive and fun workplace for those who enjoy the hospitality field.
Hostess/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAMay 12, 2014
Terranea offers a wide variety of work experience from the food and beverage industry to the real estate industry. It is located in a lush, oceanic area, and can be appreciated by its employees for countless reasons. Working in the food and beverage industry has had its many trials and tribulations, but being granted the ability to work in an environment that provides such bountiful camaraderie and possessing the means to create extraordinary moments for resort guests, outweighs the difficulties. I have been blessed to work with some of the most talented management in the South Bay's hospitality industry, and would not trade all that I have learned and accomplished at the Terranea Resort for the world.
Pros
scenic work environment, exceptional pay, benefits and paid holidays/vacations for full-time employees
Hardworker
Housekeeping- public area (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAOctober 22, 2015
Regular basis is to clean the toilet and the resort making sure it was clean. Taking out the trash, cleaning the offices and two stores. I learned how to communicate better with the guest before i wouldn't know what to say but Terranea makes sure you are outgoing and we like to make the guest feel comfortable.
Against all odds
Spa Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at work begins with the staffs optimism, ensuring that we work as a team to see through an obstacle such as guest complaints or guest requests and to make sure we all give an equal fine dining experience. The best part of my job is working on the water, its motivating to look out to the ocean and to feel fortunate enough to work here.
Enjoyed Working at Terranea Resort
Server/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CANovember 2, 2015
It was a pleasure interacting with the customer's/clients at Terranea Resort. The staff I worked with made my days and nights shifts enjoyable.
Pros
provided employees meals and drinks
Productive and interesting experience.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJune 2, 2015
Terranea Destination Hotels and Resorts is a great place, but they can most definitely do much better in many aspects within their culinary departments.
Excellent staff management & overall enviornment to work with; Amazing 4 Star Resort
Server/Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJanuary 4, 2012
Terranae resort knows the secret to running a successful business; take care of your employes, and they'll take care of your business; the costumers. It was a grand pleasure working at this Four Star resort, located on the beautiful cliffs edge of Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. I worked in two of its food outlets as both as a busser and occasional a server when needed. The expectations of costumers were always high, but this resort did a great job of meeting them and even going further to create new ones. One of the best locations I have ever worked with and would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Pros
free lunches, tailored uniforms, incredible views, great co-workers, awesome management
Cons
remote location
Welcoming workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 15, 2014
I worked here for four plus years and love it. I started as a server at the Spa café and then transferred to Seabeans, the coffee shop. I enjoy working here, that is why I have been here for four plus years. Everyone is willing to guide and assist you when you need help. At Seabeans I deal with a variety of costumers that come form local areas or from out of the country; one can say this can be the hardest and the enjoyable part of the job. I always try to make everyone's experience at Seabeans a good one.
Great Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAAugust 23, 2014
The amount of growth this company offered me in my career was great.
real fun work place great balance of work and fun
HOST/ House men / Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CANovember 24, 2014
severing with my co workers at the time was great. made the day go by fast with the fun people.
Productive workplace with lots of restaurants
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CASeptember 13, 2014
A very busy place to work, 99% of the co-workers are Spanish speaking and do not speak English. But the tips were well worth it !!
Pros
lunch was free
Cons
you were expected to clean 13 to 14 rooms a day, some rooms had kitchens
nice and peaceful view at all times
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAOctober 11, 2012
Nice place to work, good food, excelent banquet servers, but they need better management. specially captains that know the banquet service etiquete
Beautiful location
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos VerdesOctober 25, 2013
Beautiful location, Free Lunch, Great Discount, some cowokers are great to work with
Nice Resort
Server (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Estates, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Great property and staff. Many restaurants, lovely coworkers. I feel very safe here. Top notch food, and professional atmosphere.
beautiful place
Income Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CANovember 18, 2012
location is wondrful feels like you are in a different country