Terranea Resort Employee Reviews

Productive, great team work place
Valet Lead-man (Former Employee) –  Terranea ResortFebruary 20, 2017
The people, culture, management, and work/life balance are all incredible! Helping people with their vehicles and providing them with a warm welcoming is how I learned more about compassion and attending to their needs. I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow so quickly with the company. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters, and will put it to good use. Growth opportunities here are great, and management is always willing to be flexible with school and work.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
Short breaks
Work Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAFebruary 5, 2017
My managers really care about my education. They not only work with my school schedule but they encourage my educational and professional goals. Thumbs up Terranea for being a supportive family!
Pros
"I mean the views!"
Top 10 places to work!
Golf Steward (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJanuary 23, 2017
-Setting up and closing golf course facilities
- greet guests and accommodate for any wants and needs
- Gives exemplary customer service everyday that I am at work
- Everyone at Terranea resort always has a smile on their face, making everyone who visits feels welcome
- most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you've made a positive impact on guest's experience at the hotel whether is something small or big
Pros
Spectacular views, great associates, welcoming community
Cons
Long drive to work
Great work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Estates, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Great work environment. Employees are all willing to help each other and managers encourage team work. Great company to work for. Always hiring for seasonal
A typical day at work.
Junior Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CANovember 9, 2016
I usually work for breakfast/brunch/lunch and make sure the whole line have all their prep done and make sure all the line cooks have everything they need for a successful service.
]roductive and fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Point, CASeptember 28, 2016
Excellent work environment. If I returned to live near palos veres I have a position available. I recommend to anyone to work their. The hours where very flexible and never had any issues with management or any peers.
Pros
flexible schedule
fun workplace
Cook III intern (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAAugust 31, 2016
it was an overall fun place to work, every one treat each other nice and professional without giving pressure but instead pushing each other up to get our job done everyday.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced environment ideal for tose who thrive in high stress workplaces
Driveway Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAAugust 22, 2016
Great place to work, management would listen to suggestions and implement ideas if they were valid or could help the company.
Spa Attendant
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 9, 2016
Everyone from the managers to the co workers were extremely pleasant. Managers were approachable and genuinely cared about the employees. Although it was always very busy the spa was always neat and tidy.
Pros
Overtime and friendly work enviroment
Cons
slow season
Productive and Fun
Cook III - Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 31, 2016
A regular day would consist of 8 working hours and a 30 minute break, but when the resort gets busy overtime can be a pain because there is a limit of 12 working hours (There is a penalty for going over 12 working hours).

Otherwise, the workplace and co-workers are fun to be with, are all friendly, and easy to work with.
Pros
Free lunches, provided uniforms
Cons
Short breaks
great place to visit and work
jr sous chef (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAApril 1, 2016
great company to work for and great leader ship in the company, definitely a family. Learned a lot about organization being a good leader and handling the employees in a professional manner
Pros
free meals
Cons
no cons
F&B Supervisor
In Room Dining Supervisor/Server (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Estates, CANovember 9, 2015
In Room Dining Supervisor: Responsible for overlooking the department; as well as ensuring all orders/amenities/events are set and delivered at a five diamond standard. Constantly assisting servers with preparation, creating projects, placing tips for department staff, conducting department meetings, etc. As an In Room Dining Server: Responsible for organizing, preparing and delivering room service orders in a professional manner with an outstanding attitude and performance. Effectively monitor and participate in the daily operations of the In Room Dining Department, including providing support and guidance to fellow in room dining personnel to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience. Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, In Room Dining Event Orders. Communicate all changes within the In Room Dining Department and makes adjustments according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
Enjoyed Working at Terranea Resort
Server/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CANovember 2, 2015
It was a pleasure interacting with the customer's/clients at Terranea Resort. The staff I worked with made my days and nights shifts enjoyable.
Pros
provided employees meals and drinks
Optimistic work environment, lots of room for growth
ASSISTANT PASTRY CHEF (Current Employee) –  CAOctober 25, 2015
Many opportunities, very positive work environment, provide uniforms, benefits, free lunch, plus amenities and discounts. competitive wages, beautiful design and setting, always looking to improve. Highest profiting hotel in LA county
Pros
Beautiful place to be 40 hours a week
Hardworker
Housekeeping- public area (Current Employee) –  Palos Verdes Peninsula, CAOctober 22, 2015
Regular basis is to clean the toilet and the resort making sure it was clean. Taking out the trash, cleaning the offices and two stores. I learned how to communicate better with the guest before i wouldn't know what to say but Terranea makes sure you are outgoing and we like to make the guest feel comfortable.
Against all odds
Spa Restaurant Server (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAOctober 8, 2015
A typical day at work begins with the staffs optimism, ensuring that we work as a team to see through an obstacle such as guest complaints or guest requests and to make sure we all give an equal fine dining experience. The best part of my job is working on the water, its motivating to look out to the ocean and to feel fortunate enough to work here.
Not quite the five star workplace. Great people, beautiful property.
Operations Team (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 16, 2015
Kind management. A lot of young, casual local San Pedro kids get hired at this property and that is what ultimately brings down the professionalism. Hotel is built in such a beautiful location but how everything is built and designed is very inconvenienced for employees & guests. Not enough parking for employees OR guests. They need to recognize and appreciate their employees more. Not enough training will be given, you will be thrown out on the job on your first week. Hotel makes exceptional amounts of money, however, they do not give raises to the employees nor any other special needs (PARKING SPACE). Company tries very hard to be a five diamond/star property but they fail to look at the big picture and do not focus on the little things that need to be improved and developed. Overall a good property to work for, but not an excellent property that deserves my forever loyalty.
Productive and interesting experience.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJune 2, 2015
Terranea Destination Hotels and Resorts is a great place, but they can most definitely do much better in many aspects within their culinary departments.
real fun work place great balance of work and fun
HOST/ House men / Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CANovember 24, 2014
severing with my co workers at the time was great. made the day go by fast with the fun people.
Productive workplace with lots of restaurants
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CASeptember 13, 2014
A very busy place to work, 99% of the co-workers are Spanish speaking and do not speak English. But the tips were well worth it !!
Pros
Lunch was free
Cons
You were expected to clean 13 to 14 rooms a day, some rooms had kitchens

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terranea Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4