Terramite by TerraQuip is a manufacturer of compact construction machinery. We are in business to provide high quality, cost effective products that will have long term value to our customers.
- Research, design and evaluate mechanical products, systems and processes using engineering principles. Develop structural designs while considering relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Specify system components or direct modification of system to ensure conformance with engineering design.
- Prepare layouts and detail drawings which include multiple views and application of mathematics and physics to compute weights, load capacities, dimensions, material quantities and make other related decisions as required.
- Work as part of a team to resolve system issues and provide technical information. Recommend design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions. Conduct research that tests or analyzes the design, operation, or performance of equipment. Write performance requirements for system.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to goals of the system.
- Accumulate information and prepare reports, spreadsheets, etc., for product/process costing, materials usage and Bills of Materials.
- Actively communicate with downstream customers on specification work, such as purchasing, manufacturing and others to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by engineering specifications.
- Assist engineering staff in the design and development of systems and components.
- Interface with engineering staff effectively to ensure the form, fit and function of designs while also working with fabrication managers to ensure cost effectiveness and manufacturability of designs.
- Collaborate with the engineering staff to produce design sketches and drawings in accordance with applicable standards. Accurately incorporate welding symbols and tolerances into design drawings.
- Originate and/or review structural analyses, prototype test processes, operations procedures, and reports using computer-aided engineering and appropriate computer software.
- Review and verify design drawings and other technical documentation prepared by others to ensure correctness and accuracy in form, fit and function.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant engine design experience, including Design and validation
- The ability to effectively influence and collaborate in a cross functional team environment
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and meet key deliverables in a timely fashion, in an environment that may include compressed timeframes and multiple, shifting priorities
- Experience with MRP/ERP, Time & Motion Studies, Standard / Standardized Work, Microsoft® Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), iGraphix
- Work well independently and as a team member