TERREBONNE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Supportive and nurturing environment
NNP (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 6, 2017
I work PRN for TGMC and am always glad to pick up shifts there. The staff is supportive and nurturing. The unit is modern and offers excellent care to the patient population. Im always pleased and amazed at how happy the staff is there. Great place to work!
Pros
Happy employees
exerience
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 21, 2017
it was ok to have this type of experience in a hospital, not very different from being a police officer. answered calls and wrote reports. assisted staff when needed, contacted local police when necessary
was great to work there if you don't have children
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 16, 2017
Great to work here if you don't have children. Great benefits. If you have kids it is hard to get off and frowned upon. Paid holidays and offers raises .
Productive, fast paced enviornment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 20, 2017
TGMC consist of a hard-working and dedicated team. Any job title held at this facility is rewarding in some way, shape or form. I would recommend this workplace to anyone with a kind heart.
Pros
Lunch on clock, lunch paid for with badge (take out of your check), awesome team
Cons
Aids unwilling to work or pull weight
work environment
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAApril 5, 2017
Great place to work. Room to grow. Close to home. Convenient location. Good training & managemet. Would return if i was l located closer. limo. Would work here again.
Pros
good training
Nurse Extern
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 16, 2017
As a nurse extern this was a great learning experience. The nurses take you under their wing and teach you whatever you would like to learn. You learn time management.
Pros
educational
Take the Good with the bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 27, 2017
Work here for the health insurance not for the glamour or salary. Very corporate style of taking care of employees. Not much room for advancement unless you've gotten a college degree.
Transporter
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 14, 2017
Job is ONLY good for a High School Student or College Student. The Pay is HORRIBLE, don't expect to make a lavish living, however expect to live check to check. Moving up in this company is slim to nun especially when your just a little ole transporter. We do way too much work and put up with foolishness and get paid like nothing.
Pros
Pto, Flexible
Cons
Pay
Nice people to work for.
Biller (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Management good and coworkers were very nice and helpful. Good work environment. They are willing to work around your personal schedule.
Great for career stepping stool.
ED Tech (Current Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 4, 2016
You can learn a lot of you are pursuing a career in the medical field. The health care professionals are open to educating you; they want you to be informed and understand treatment processes.
Summary
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 30, 2016
Loved the job, didn't care for my coworkers.
Management wasn't great.
When we were short staffed they didn't step up and help, just watched us struggle.
My coworkers were rude, until they needed help with something.
Becarful working there
Housekeer tech (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 12, 2016
They do not except doctor excuses when you are sick they do not care what it is about you can be on your dying bed they don't care all they care about is them they let me go in August for missing work for being sick i had one day of pto left and they did not want to use it on me they did not think when they needed me the most i worked 18 days straight in a row one time and i also worked 14 days cause of lazy people not wanting to work but did they look at that when i was sick no
med surg
LPN (Former Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 13, 2016
My supervisor was amazing. She was he reason I stayed so long. They pay rates were terrible. I would not ever want to work there again. i did learn alot and am grateful I got a good base knowledge of nursing.
Unit secretary, CNA, Activity Director
Ward Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 30, 2016
This was my first job out of High School. I entered orders that physician wrote when patient was in the hospital to complete there care. I also was a CNA. I completely took care of all patients hygiene needs and also assisted with nurses for other care that patients needed. Again, I always gave my best so I never had problems with my management or co workers. I always do as I was told and always did extra for the patients. Some of our patient were from nursing homes and had no family members. So as I was taking care of these patients it was like taking care of family. The hardest part is when a patient expired on my shift. The most enjoyable part is when you do those extra little things for the elderly and you can tell in their eyes or expressions that they really appreciated what you did for them.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJuly 13, 2016
Like working around the elderly people they r so nice to me I help them win they needed help. We talk about lots of things tht goes on in community
Management ruins your day...every day!
HIM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 17, 2016
Horrible place to work...but only due to Management. Coworkers are super friendly. Met a lot of nice people here. The pay is WAY below average, and the workload is enormous. The Director is more of a Dictator. Everyone miserable.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, discounted lunches.
great team of people
Social Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 14, 2015
face paced hospital discharge planning, requires a lot of quick problem solving skills, but great team of people to work with. lots of case management and discharge planning duties
family runs everything there is no fairness
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Houma, LASeptember 15, 2015
Staff doesnt back you up. you have to pretty much fend for yourself. everyone complains about how this particular department is managed.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
management
Good place to work with good benefits.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 24, 2015
I learned a lot of medical terminology working at TGMC. My co-workers were the greatest. Down side was working weekends and holidays.
sitting with mental health patients. A quiet and very observant job.
special observation sitter (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 18, 2015
observing special needs patients. You make sure the patient doesnt harm themselves. A very laid back job. Pretty comfortable too.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
just sitting in a chair all day or night can be tiring and boring