TERREBONNE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER

TERREBONNE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Surgical procedures very amazing
OR Circulating Nurse (Former Employee), Houma, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: the surgeries themselves
Cons: high paced and high stress at times
Setting up for surgeries
Getting patients ready for surgery
Pre interviews with patients
Moving and setting up lots of surgery equipment

Learned to work under high paced and stress
Developed time management
Most co-workers were team players

Hardest part of job was length of surgeries at times

Most enjoyable part of Job was the surgeries themselves – more... and patient care – less
TGMC is a growing Coorporation that values its customers.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houma, LASeptember 8, 2014
A work day in the meadical field is busy and ever changing. I enjoy helping and taking care of patients.
A learning place
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: very unfair place
My co-workers and I worked as a team. It was a great learning experience .
Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houma, La.July 7, 2014
Daily report production and handled complaints throughout the hospital. Provided excellent customer service and provided a safe environment for staff, visitors and patients.
productive work place
Lab Clerk/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Houma, LAJuly 1, 2014
accuracy is a must
speed is essential
we have great team work
very healful supervisors
very challenging and risky
Patient Transporter/File Room Clerk (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: i learned alot about the female and male anatomy
Cons: i had to move to texas and just gave up on the medical field
get a slip go to room get the patients and bring them around the hospital I learned a lot organisms that u don't see if not careful you can get a infection it could attack your body my coworkers were phenomenal they taught me what floor to dress for so I wont get contaminated. knowing that viruses are looming in every room u get a patient that can be – more... fatal to my health.knowing what infections out there and how to prevent coming into contact with them – less
Professional place to work.
Facility Management Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, good hours and benefits, and lots of vacation time.
Cons: poor pay increases and very little chance of advancement.
Excellent health benefits, 403B plan, 5-weeks of vacation, and
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday schedule.
There okay to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 11, 2014
At this hospital i learned how work on my own and able to think fast.
well experience company to work for
ER Tech (Former Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 10, 2014
I have learned so much from TGMC. I have had the opportunity to help save many lives when patients would enter the door in the ER.
Great hospital to work for.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), Houma, LANovember 6, 2013
Enjoyed job and meeting people. Work very satisfying. Very professional.
Started out being a good place to work, not enough pay for being there so long. Then in some departments family comes last, not good for a single moth
Interviewer/Financial Counselor/Ins. Specialist (Current Employee), Houma, LAOctober 9, 2013
My department is busy and fast paced. Sometimes can be very overwhelming. I have learned that through the years, maybe because of new time and age, there is no teamwork, no communication. Little respect for family. The hardest part of the job is being so busy and doing so much but not getting paid. I enjoy what I do.
good work environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: sometimes no breaks.
I WORKED IN THE OUTPATIENT CLINIC I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING IN DOCTOR ORDERS,DRAWING THE PATIENT,SENDING THE SPECIMENS TO THE LAB,FAXING DOCTOR RESULTS IF NEEDED.MY CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THEM AN WE STILL KEEP IN TOUCH.THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS DRAWING BLOOD ON NEWBORNS BUT IT WAS TO HELP THEM NOT TO HURT THEM.
Good Place to Work
Pathology Laboratory Clerk (Current Employee), Houma,LaMay 15, 2013
I enjoy working in the lab of TGMC. The people are friendly and the job is interesting. Everyday is different and there is always something new to learn.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Unit Secretary, Med-Surgical/ Oncology (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 30, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: 12 hour night shifts
I ENJOYED WORKING HERE EVEN THOUGH I PULLED 12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFTS. I LIKE THE ORGANIZATION LEVEL THAT THE POSITION REQUIRED. I BECAME ACCOMPANIED TO THE PHYSICIANS REQUIREMENTS, AND APPRECIATED THE KNOWLEDGE I OBTAINED FROM THIS POSITION AS WELL AS THE PATIENT CONTACT. I LOVE WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC AND HELPING OTHERS!
Great place to learn and develope.
Physician Practice Application Analyst (Current Employee), Houma, LAApril 15, 2013
Pros: great learning environment, fantastic bosses
Cons: lack of upward mobility
Daily, I work on multiple projects as either a team member or project manager, which include but are not limited to VMWare View and Imprivata Single Sign-On implementation, Physician Electronic Medical Record Implementation, Computerized Physician Order Entry Implementation, Physician Support, Technical support to hospital based physician practices, – more... and other project management roles for multiple on going projects. I have been exposed to many different new technologies with hands-on experience and have also been blessed to have managers at all levels that have helped me to better myself and my career.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with many different personalities and politial agendas within the hospital. Physicians are a challenging bunch to work with, but that is also what I enjoy most about what I do. My gift in life is communication and I love working with different people on different levels of importance and education. – less
nurse assistant/ward clerk
NURSING ASSISTANT/ WARD CLERK (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 10, 2013
Pros: you new what your schedule was for the month can plan things with the family
Cons: didnt care for nights very much with small child at home at the time
assisted patients with activites of daily living, obtained vital signs as required .interpreted telemtry monitors filed medical records as needed co workers were great to work with ,,, hardewst part at times were needed help lifting patients ,,, enjoyed meeting new patients and their families.. my head nurse would help us on floor as needed great nurse – more... and leader – less
rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 3, 2013
A rewarding job helping people as a volunteer at the hospital
STATE OF THE ART FACILITY
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Houma, LANovember 28, 2012
Pros: all digital equipment
STATE OF THE ART FACILITY AND GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT. THE DIGITAL EQUIPMENT IS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY THAT IS OFFERED IN TODAY'S MARKET. WORKING HERE HAS BEEN A VERY PLEASANT AND REWARDING PART OF MY LIFE.