TERREBONNE GENERAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

sitting with mental health patients. A quiet and very observant job.
special observation sitter (Current Employee), Houma, LAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: just sitting in a chair all day or night can be tiring and boring
observing special needs patients. You make sure the patient doesnt harm themselves. A very laid back job. Pretty comfortable too.
Fast past enviornment
House Keeper (Former Employee), Houma, LAMay 14, 2015
I work for them for almost a year. It's a very demanding jib. Overall the hospital focuses on growth and bettering itself. Most employees were willing to work as a team and supervisors always found a solution to the problem
Take it if you NEED it.
EVS (Former Employee), Houma, LAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Meet some nice people, pretty easy work
Cons: Way too many for this little line.
This was a very nice place to work. Most of the people were friendly. The pay was okay. When you start a job people say do your own work and dont worry about anyone else. Well over there that was not the case. The people i worked with were very rude, lied about things ive done to get me in trouble,if they found something i did was wrong they wouldnt tell me they would go straight to the boss. It wasnt just me it happened to many of my co-workers.The management was crazy! There were more than one "Bosses/Supervisors" you had to answer to and they all wanted to be the only boss.They did not communicate – more... with each other. If one of them told you to do something and you didnt tell the rest what you had to do you would get in trouble. I missed/ was tardy a few times and i was told if it happened again i would get written up,well it did not happen after that but i got called to the office by one of the bosses to be written up and she was making jokes the whole time. I still dont understand why one said i had one more chance and the other said i used up all my chances. That still doesnt mean that the other boss could make jokes the whole time. Everyone wanted to be the boss but no one wanted to do the work. . It is true that when you are in EVS you can move up in 6 months.If they let you. They will find any little thing to write you up so you can not leave out of the department. I was there almost 6 months .they wrote me up 2 weeks before my 6 months. Another thing they do, they tell you to do a certain job and praise other people for the work you did. If you really need a job i say take this one but stay to your self, dont trust anyone, and do your job. If you have kids Good Luck!!! They dont care . If its an emergency and you have to go they only care about if you have someone to work for you. – less
Caution.
CLASSIFIED (Current Employee), Houma, LAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: great environment, steady work, favorable conditions, amazing individuals.
Cons: horrible workload, horrible pay.
Great place to work, but if you aren't in clinical, or coming in with years worth of experience in a setting that doesn't require you have a degree, then you will NOT make anything, and your workload will be intense and it will ultimately not be worth it. Your full-time hours take up the day time that you'd need to use to find something more worthwhile, and unless you can quickly find something more, you will be STUCK. I love this place and the people, but love doesn't pay the bills and neither does TGMC.

I also hear several complaints from Housekeeping workers, that right before you make your 6 months and are able to transfer departments, that they will find the smallest, most insignificant thing to write you up about so that you're ineligible to leave (would imagine it's because that department's turnover rate is outrageously awful).
Productive place to work
CNA (Former Employee), Houma, LASeptember 19, 2014
there is a lot of on the job training, the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients
Surgical procedures very amazing
OR Circulating Nurse (Former Employee), Houma, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: the surgeries themselves
Cons: high paced and high stress at times
Setting up for surgeries
Getting patients ready for surgery
Pre interviews with patients
Moving and setting up lots of surgery equipment

Learned to work under high paced and stress
Developed time management
Most co-workers were team players

Hardest part of job was length of surgeries at times

Most enjoyable part of Job was the surgeries themselves and patient care
TGMC is a growing Coorporation that values its customers.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Houma, LASeptember 8, 2014
A work day in the meadical field is busy and ever changing. I enjoy helping and taking care of patients.
A learning place
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: very unfair place
My co-workers and I worked as a team. It was a great learning experience .
Exciting place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), Houma, La.July 7, 2014
Daily report production and handled complaints throughout the hospital. Provided excellent customer service and provided a safe environment for staff, visitors and patients.
productive work place
Lab Clerk/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Houma, LAJuly 1, 2014
accuracy is a must
speed is essential
we have great team work
very healful supervisors
very challenging and risky
Patient Transporter/File Room Clerk (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: i learned alot about the female and male anatomy
Cons: i had to move to texas and just gave up on the medical field
get a slip go to room get the patients and bring them around the hospital I learned a lot organisms that u don't see if not careful you can get a infection it could attack your body my coworkers were phenomenal they taught me what floor to dress for so I wont get contaminated. knowing that viruses are looming in every room u get a patient that can be fatal to my health.knowing what infections out there and how to prevent coming into contact with them
Professional place to work.
Facility Management Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches, good hours and benefits, and lots of vacation time.
Cons: poor pay increases and very little chance of advancement.
Excellent health benefits, 403B plan, 5-weeks of vacation, and
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday schedule.
There okay to work for
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 11, 2014
At this hospital i learned how work on my own and able to think fast.
well experience company to work for
ER Tech (Former Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 10, 2014
I have learned so much from TGMC. I have had the opportunity to help save many lives when patients would enter the door in the ER.
Great hospital to work for.
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee), Houma, LANovember 6, 2013
Enjoyed job and meeting people. Work very satisfying. Very professional.
Started out being a good place to work, not enough pay for being there so long. Then in some departments family comes last, not good for a single moth
Interviewer/Financial Counselor/Ins. Specialist (Current Employee), Houma, LAOctober 9, 2013
My department is busy and fast paced. Sometimes can be very overwhelming. I have learned that through the years, maybe because of new time and age, there is no teamwork, no communication. Little respect for family. The hardest part of the job is being so busy and doing so much but not getting paid. I enjoy what I do.
good work environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 18, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: sometimes no breaks.
I WORKED IN THE OUTPATIENT CLINIC I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING IN DOCTOR ORDERS,DRAWING THE PATIENT,SENDING THE SPECIMENS TO THE LAB,FAXING DOCTOR RESULTS IF NEEDED.MY CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THEM AN WE STILL KEEP IN TOUCH.THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS DRAWING BLOOD ON NEWBORNS BUT IT WAS TO HELP THEM NOT TO HURT THEM.
Good Place to Work
Pathology Laboratory Clerk (Current Employee), Houma,LaMay 15, 2013
I enjoy working in the lab of TGMC. The people are friendly and the job is interesting. Everyday is different and there is always something new to learn.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Unit Secretary, Med-Surgical/ Oncology (Former Employee), Houma, LAApril 30, 2013
Pros: teamwork
Cons: 12 hour night shifts
I ENJOYED WORKING HERE EVEN THOUGH I PULLED 12 HOUR NIGHT SHIFTS. I LIKE THE ORGANIZATION LEVEL THAT THE POSITION REQUIRED. I BECAME ACCOMPANIED TO THE PHYSICIANS REQUIREMENTS, AND APPRECIATED THE KNOWLEDGE I OBTAINED FROM THIS POSITION AS WELL AS THE PATIENT CONTACT. I LOVE WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC AND HELPING OTHERS!
Great place to learn and develope.
Physician Practice Application Analyst (Current Employee), Houma, LAApril 15, 2013
Pros: great learning environment, fantastic bosses
Cons: lack of upward mobility
Daily, I work on multiple projects as either a team member or project manager, which include but are not limited to VMWare View and Imprivata Single Sign-On implementation, Physician Electronic Medical Record Implementation, Computerized Physician Order Entry Implementation, Physician Support, Technical support to hospital based physician practices, and other project management roles for multiple on going projects. I have been exposed to many different new technologies with hands-on experience and have also been blessed to have managers at all levels that have helped me to better myself and my career.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with many different personalities and politial agendas within the hospital. Physicians are a challenging bunch to work with, but that is also what I enjoy most about what I do. My gift in life is communication and I love working with different people on different levels of importance and education.