Terrible Herbst

Terrible Herbst Employer Reviews

A cutthroat environment that micromanages to excess
Store Manager . You followed a strict regimen (Former Employee), Henderson, NV. The homelessFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: dealing with the salesmen
Cons: dealing with upper management
A typical day is at least 9 hrs. You learn to stay low profile in order to get along. Management is backbiting and cutthroat. Your co-workers just show up to collect a paycheck. The job hardest part of the job is following upper management mandated programs. The most enjoyable part of the job is going home at the end of the day!
fun but not professional
Cashier (Former Employee), Mesquite, NVFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: hours and benefits
A typical day here is extremely busy,i've learned to be patient in this work environment.Managment was okay but in no way professional.My co-workers were not the best people but i got along well enough to not make it a hostile envirnment.The hardest part of the job was working alone and having to finish all job duties in a certain amount of time,but – more... i did it with a smile as it should be.
The most enjoyable part of the job was all the people i got to meet. – less
Very well managed and comfortable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work would be to assist customers by answering questions and explaining them in a very detailed manner. My job also included making up sales and convincing customers to buy our monthly plans. I learned how to communicate with the customers clearly as well as solve disputes and sell better washes. The hardest part of my job was solving – more... technical issues with customer information. The most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on the customers face, it always made my day. – less
Met interesting people.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: always busy; meeting people.
Cons: there is no perfect job, it's called adjustments on the behalf of the employee.
My position as cashier was very active. I cleaned both the interior and exterior grounds, food(s) appliances such as coffee; beverage dispensers and cooking appliances. Prepared and cooked various snacks and restocked the cooler with various foods, drinks and alcohols.
I assisted regular patrons and tourists with purchases of various foods, non-edible – more... items and information on store policies and information about the city.
My co-workers were very helpful in training and helping me to improve my skills in different task requirements to include in-depth functions of the store.
The most enjoyable part of that position was to meet people from all over the world and hopefully made their encounter with us a pleasant one. – less
Easy going
cashier (Former Employee), Henderson , nvNovember 27, 2013
A typical day as a grave yard cashier for terrible herbst was easy going. local customers that lived around the store keep everything at a normal pace always getting the same items and at the same times.

with this easy pace it was ever so easy to get all chores done at a quick pace,
good coorparate experience, fast paced,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVOctober 31, 2013
Great management experience, I was acting manager when general manager was not in the store. Responsibilities included cash reconciliation, deposits, time and attendance, inventory, ordering, receiving, store operations and customer service.
Graveyard shift one person operation
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2013
Pros: night shift
Cons: peaceful environment
AT work daily I would clean store, mop clean restrooms. stock refrigerated units, make coffee and cappuchino, clean soda machines and cappuhino, handle cash register.
productive, friendly, good managment
Leadman/Detailer/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bullhead City, AZOctober 13, 2013
Pros: great managment
Cons: hours vary
I work with a great crew. Management is very helpful and listens to every problem or issue and helps solve in a timely manner.
Loved this job.
Car Wash Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2013
a day at work consists of cleaning vehicles allday. I liked it.
I learned great customer service skills and how to handle consumers.
management was good. we had a lot of great conversations.
my co workers were great people.
hardest part of the job was standing for 8 to 10 hrs.
the most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Alright place to work
Emission and Lube Technician (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 11, 2013
Chances to move up through the company are easy. Hours can be overwhelming depending on you job.
had fun
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2013
they were a great company to work for I had a great time working for them
welll
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2013
Filed for bankruptcy after I quit so I don't know how they are now
No chance for raises
Assistant Manager / Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2013
This company is something else i worked for them for 3 years. As a cashier and as an assistant manager. They never offer pay raises and alot of the management are slow.
Clean workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2013
Loved being able to open and close my shifts. Easy to count down drawers. Always maintained store cleanliness. Made sure merchandise was always fully stocked and correct change was applied to gas pumps.
Productive and friendly environment between L.A. and Las Vegas
Cashier, Stocker (Current Employee), Barstow, CAMarch 6, 2013
I always work mostly the night shift (10 p.m.-6 a.m.) and it everyday most of the railroad workers and the crew from the Maine Core Base and Fort Irwin stops by for refreshments after work. I would do my best to please the customers everynight, and everymorning when they get ready for work. What I've learned is that being honest and respectful can gain – more... the customers trust everyday and everynight. I have no problem with my bosses and my co-workers. We do get along just fine everyday of the week. The hardest part of the shift I am currently working can be very boring, but I would tend to find some work to do to keep me occupied through out the night. – less
terrible
cashier (Former Employee), N Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2012
Pros: close to my home
Cons: too many to name
this job was incerdibly bad.the compansation was low and you never get raises.trying to get information from h r was extremely hard they continue to give you the run around.i went into work stressed out daily.
family
Slot Route Dispatcher (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2012
Pros: sometimes the boss would order us pizzas, he did that alot
when l was first hired , we had 10 hrs shifts that was easy to get use to, then the year before the company was bought we went to 8 hrs l at times, l would work 6 days a week, sat. days sometimes 12 hrs we answered about 500 to 1000 calls a day l loved it! love helping people with any problems they had, interacting w/ my techs and lead techs and coin – more... runners we became a family of sorts l cant think of any anything that was the hardest part of the day we all got along really well and always had each others backs! – less
Big company that does not care about company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2012
I do not have anything good to sayabout this company honestly.I worked here for years and I didn not enoy it. I advanced quickly due to the high turnover rate and the pay was decent.
Easy Going
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: a job for experience....a paycheck
Cons: no advancement, lack of benefits, customer service stinks at most places
I worked for Terribles for 5 years. I rarely called in sick. I always came in when asked. Never had a write up. Was never considered for advancement by anyone. I applied but got nothing in return. Raises were far and in between. Vacation and health benefits are laughable. It was an easy enough job to learn. The constent change of managers and employees – more... made days unbearable. Especially the lazy ones. If I were management both district and cooperate I would be reviewing the tapes often. Alot of favortisim goes on too. Would I go back there...nope I'd rather dig in the dirt for worms. – less
Very nice secure job.
Service Advisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 31, 2012
Pros: benefits, people, and efficiency
Cons: pay, and communication between management
A typical day at work is greeting customers with an upbeat attitude, providing the customer with knowledge of all the services we offer, and handling money transactions.

I have learned a lot of different sales techniques and different ways of dealing with customers and their needs.

Management at my specific store is good. Very good to employees, but – more... could use some work when it comes to communication between the two managers when it comes to what they would like to see from the employees.

My co-workers are amazing. Everyone is always willing to help each other out, however they need to.

The hardest part of my job up to this point is working outside. Being in the extreme heat or cold really does take a toll on your body after a while.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people i work with. Like i said previously, they are amazing. Always helping, making you laugh, all while making sure everyone has an equal part in making sure everything is running as smoothly and efficiently, just as it should. – less