Terrible Herbst Employee Reviews

accepting a new culture of retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2016
terrible herbst is a wonderful company place to work for I had a good time being there everyday, management is okay I never had to worry about my hours and pay good benefits, I would love to work for them again
You're kidding right
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2016
Hard work for lousy pay. Everyone seems to know all of everyone else's business. No overtime allowed, no exceptions! Quitting time is the best
not a good buisness
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 27, 2016
not a good place to work they do not give raises 8.00 an hour
no matter how much you try your best isn't enough you get robbed they don't care about you the most important thing to them is you going to court this is not a good place period their managers lie they gossip horrible work place.
Pros
free drink
Cons
everything
Terrible herbst was a pretty good job and in a good environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 9, 2016
The work was pretty easy and simple and the boss never made the job any harder then it was. I was able to get overtime when need and it worked well with my life.
Pros
easy work and bosses where cool
Cons
To many thing pack in one.
Okay job
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 19, 2016
My typical work day was very busy. I had a huge task to complete daily. I can't say I learned much. I was apart of the management team which was a reason for my separation from the company. I did not agree with how they ran the business and how they treated the team there, and the fact that they had a complete different definiton for teamwork than I did. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with demand. The most enjoyable part of my job was completing my daily task.
Pros
Free lunch
very very friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 25, 2016
That job was awesome. i had wonderful relation with co- workers and manager. i love my co-workers as my family member. that job was so easy for me. i enjoyed every time my work.
Pros
free lunch.
Cons
healthcare so expensive
Doing a 360 change in my work environment.
Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Having to quickly learn how to run my store before my upper management took a leave of absence. I learn that I can do anything I set my mind to. I was able to run the store by myself. Management was a nice lady. I was able to get my employees to complete their daily assignments daily. The hardest part of the job was to remember all I was taught in 2 weeks and review all my notes to make sure everything I had to do to complete my work order from cooperate office. The most I like about this job they gave me a opportunity to travel and train other new co-workers.
Pros
Gave me Management work experince.
Cons
Unable to relocate my position out of Las Vegas.
I like my co-workers and love all my night life customers because I work grave yard alone it can get scary.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 4, 2015
Overall its an Okay place to work until something better comes along, Its not a long term job, a lot could be better if they were at all concerned with their employees but the truth is we don't matter to them. This company has a high overturn rate for quitting because there is no opportunities available and the pay isn't that good for the amount of work we do and what we have to go through depending on the area and store your in. My store is in a pretty rough area and I work graveyard by myself and the company won't provide security nor do they want to put at least one other person on that shift so it makes me wonder if they even care about our safety. I don't get a lunch or break and sometimes its hours before I get to use the restroom and I can only lock the door for 5 minutes to use the restroom. I pretty much take breaks and eat when the store clears out or when I can. Things could be better.
Pros
Free Fountain Drinks
Cons
Management, No Advancement, No Employee Discount, No Raises.
Good company with room for advancement
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2015
Supportive management who showed appreciation for hard workers. Rewards for those willing to dedicate the time to learning the job. Most enjoyable part of my job was working and learning from my colleagues. In spite of the long hours on my feet, the job was pleasing and I've learned a lot in a short period of time.
Pros
Able to collect tips from the customers who won on the slots
Cons
Sometimes you encountered the occasional rude customer
Coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZOctober 31, 2015
I loved the experience this company gave me by working for a well known gas station. I just think maybe they should really consider on certain employees and get friendly people instead of someone so negative and trying to pick a fight with other employees but besides that I loved working there.
productive, fast paced, and simple duties.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work for me was pretty easy-going and stress free, but at times it did get hectic.
I learned patience through my expierence at Terrible Herbst. For the most part my co workers were nice but antisocial at times.
The hardest part of the job was rude customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers w had good relationships. Still do.
great experience
Convenience Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  las vegas nevadaSeptember 24, 2015
i enjoyed interacting with the public assisting customers with their concern learned how to clean soda machines ,dispense gas
I have fun working in this company, I have a best ever Supervisors
Vault Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 23, 2015
I loved to work in this company, especially all my colleagues are working hard people. I'm learning while working, I feel growing
with all the this knowledge they passes to me all year long.
average working enviromnent
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2015
very political. most decisions made from higher than the store manager positions, all decisions are controlled from a a central office location. all employee decisions are made from the same office location.
Nice place to work
Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2015
Great place to work with caring staff and coworkers. Enjoy going to work everyday. I would recommend this company to my family and friends
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Worked nightly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2015
Duties entailed helping customers, ringing up customers and keeping the environment clean and neat. Job was located in a nice area.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Sometime disgruntled customers
fun meet different people and great customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2015
this job had a lot of cleaning, stocking, and handling of money. changing of coke products. talking to many people of different culters.
Pros
great tips from people who gamble
Cons
long hours minimum pay
Productive, but lack of Training
Convenient Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  4610 W Tropicana Ave Las Vegas, NV 89103June 21, 2015
Great active environment for social employment, but lack of training and lack of communication within management at least the store location i worked at was that way not saying all the store locations are of that way.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lack of Training for Employers training new Employers
Over worked for cheap pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arville and FlamingoMay 3, 2015
Management is horrible!! So is the Corporate office!! They overwork their staff and hate paying overtime!! They only want to pay min. wage with NO RAISES WHAT SO EVER!! My typical day was soo long and with no brakes/no lunch. You just eat lunch , in between helping people or while helping people.
Pros
They will hire anybody
Cons
No break for lunches, Cheap pay
fun job lots of charcters!
Receiving Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVMarch 9, 2015
Fun job and a very interesting place to work for. Being on the Laughlin, NV strip, brings quite a few interesting and fun people which makes time fly when you're on the clock! Lots of fun with the co-workers as well and we all worked as family.
Pros
fun
Cons
no smoking area or break area

2.8