Terros Employee Reviews in United States

Overall excellent central management, All offices are independent.
Clinician IV/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 7, 2016
Terros provided for me the freedom to explore and develop new groups and gave me an opportunity to expland my knowledge and experience of the areas I preferred to specialize in. Although the office I worked out of was poorly run by a person unfamiliar with healthy communications skills with her staff and lacked the ability to encourage positive community with the staff.
Pros
Inovative, caring, central management was excellent
Cons
poorly skilled director at Mesa location.
Crisis Specialist
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2016
A typical day as a Crisis Intervention Specialist included having responsibilities related to in-home crisis assessments in order to facilitate immediate stabilization of an individual’s emotional and/or behavioral condition. As a member of a crisis team, I refined my ability to multi-task in such areas as the following: working in the field, writing reports, providing phone assistance, on-call support, being dispatched to location(s), walk–ins, and assisting other institutions with Terros services (e.g.; hospitals, schools, business offices, etc.).
Pros
Serve a demographically diverse population, provide mental health services, work together with local police and fire departments and community organizations
Cons
At times, long hours beyound shift hours.
Productive and valuable experience
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2016
A typical day a crisis specialist included patient stabilization and assessment of community members in crisis situations. Skills acquired include those while working with emergency departments and organizations (i.e., quick assessments, emergency situation de-escalations) and while assisting clients in self-discovery of creative solutions to their immediate problems. More difficult part was working a 12+ shift. The most enjoyable part of the time is working in partnership with co-workers.
Pros
Assisting community members in crisis, gaining experience in such areas as writing down or giving verbal information to clients, gaining additional skills related to crisis communication and safety, and receiving inspiration to pursue further education in the mental health profession
Cons
Long hours at time due to unexpected nature of crisis situations
Tempe Arizona
ACT TEAM SUBSTANCE ABUSE SPECIALIST/CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tempe ArizonaApril 13, 2016
TERROS is a good p;ace to work, very hectic I learned more about mental illness and changes in the system. Management tried their best to manage the system, co workers were dedicated and caring; the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to deal directly with the clients and see their progress in their lives.
Great team environment
Credentialing/Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2015
Love my team! Great boss and co-workers.

I feel that the company could do much better with salaries as they pay well below the industry standard for my dual role. They could also provide much better medical/dental/vision insurance. Instead they have a really high deductible plan for employees which very few of the executive leadership even uses.

If they could bring up salaries and offer better insurance, they would not have such a high turn over rate with employees. It's really a shame because it would be a great company to retire from, but no one can afford to stay here for long.
Pros
Great Boss and Team
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Executively top heavy, Executives do not care about staff
Poor management, lack of compassion, and burnt out employees
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2016
Since Terros bought Choices contract, there have been many negative situations to outweigh the positive. Not only did Terros roll out a new data base about seven months too early, they expected their employees to maintain the same level of productivity as if they provided us with the tools to do so. The most recent change that our clinic is undergoing is telemedicine, which completely takes away the human aspect of our job. Terros also announced that they will be spending a ridiculous amount of money to revamp our clinic, yet there are employees not getting the proper compensation or promised yearly raises. They had our clients take a survery on if they wanted telemedicine or not and despite a while 100% of them stating they did not want to see their doctor via television screen, they still chose to do so. Their complete lack of compassion is a true disservice to our clients. The turnover rate for case managers is through the roof due to Terros overworking and underpaying their employees while bragging about the profit made in 2015. I would NOT recommend working for this company. Employees who have been with this clinic for 15+ years are on their way out of the door. Save yourself the frustration.
Pros
Great co-workers who genuinely care about clients
Cons
Terros gives a facade of integrity and compassion
Behavioral Health organization
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2015
Lots to learn, not structured, the ground level co-workers were great and worked very hard to create excellent customer service.
Created processes where none existed.
Best part of the job, always something new, very project oriented.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
benefits and compensation are well below industry standard
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed working under my direct supervisor. He is very supportive and knowledgeable in the field. He is easy to approach and bounce ideas off of. My supervisor would also empower me to make my own decision regarding the day to day operations of the site.
Cons
straight 8 hours no lunch.
Overworked and unrealistic expectations
Case Manger (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 31, 2016
I worked as an SMI case manager (CM) and in Aug. 2015 Terros took over three CHOICES SMI clinics. Terros has unrealistic expectations when it comes to "documentation." There is so much to do when working with the SMI population; and when a client has a crisis the CM has to drop everything to attend to the clinic. Not only did I have 60 SMI clients on my case load; 15 clients were on COT (which is a joke because the client still does not participate in their treatment) and the CM had more work to do if the client did not come in for their appointment with the provider. CM's spend more time chasing down clients because of missed appointments, having to reschedule when they would not show up again. The behavioral health system is not for the client who wants to get or feel better.
The system does nothing but enable the clients, majority of SMI clients do not take their psychotropic medications as prescribed; instead, they self-medicate. AHCCCS does not regulate how many times a client fills their medications. Majority of the population are med seekers. One client visited 71 different providers in 36 months for benzo's and opiates pain medications. How is it that AHCCCS allows this to happen when hard working citizens of Arizona pay taxes for this abuse. Working citizens who pay for their own health care, cannot med shop and go to different pharmacies to fill opiates and benzo medications if it is to soon to fill. Before employment a new applicant needs to do a drug test by doing a UA. This is completed in a facility where you cannot take anything in with you, they put blue dye
  more... in the toilet, and you cannot flush the toilet when you are done. The government welfare is a broken system whereas if someone on AHCCCS or SS had to do a UA every month before they receive their monies and health care; the government would have money. Individuals who have a dirty UA from medications or drugs that were not prescribed by a license medical provider would not receive their benefits. AHCCCS needs to make it mandatory for pharmacies to check the universal drugs site to stop med seekers from receiving a new Rx and getting it filled every two weeks.
These individuals and AHCCCS needs to take responsibility for abusing our tax dollars.
Terros is eliminating the RN's at the SMI clinics, and replacing them with medical assistants, in order to save money. Terros, WAKE UP! If you do not care about your employees and you treat them like dirt; they will reciprocate your behavior towards others. This is not Mexico, so stop paying your CM's and other employees like they do not matter. If you request individuals to have an education such as a Bachelors or Masters degree than pay for it. An education is not cheap and the cost of living keeps going up too. Working at McDonald's is about the same pay.
Pros
Awesome group of CM
Cons
Do not waste your time working for Terros. If you want burn out then Terros is great at that.
Awesome place to work
BHT-Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2016
I do not care to discuss this. I am off work and would like to remain off of work. I love my job but I do not take it home with me. That is all I care to say about that
Terros
Manager (Current Employee) –  phoenix, azSeptember 17, 2015
The organization is great, however, employee turnover was poor as a result of the poor compensation, and excessive work. Benefits are also high and affordable in relation to the compensation.
Low rating as an employer
THERAPIST/CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 1, 2015
They lack in providing current training and and are focused more on expanding than meeting the clients needs or those of their employees. The pay is horrible, the hours are too long and clinical management is derelict in their duties to their staff and clients.
fun place to work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
Great place to work. Every day was different and the case load was manageable. The staff was well trained and offered new people a lot of support.
Terros is a Great Workplace
CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2015
My only problem is not getting paid for my true potential. The salary ranges are way below the market for the Credentialing Specialist position. Other than that, I love working at Terros, The people are great and the company really is admirable for the journey it is taking!
Pros
great management, work atmosphere
Cons
salary, benefits
Productive environment, caring co workers
HIV Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2015
Making coffee for Office staff, opening mail, distributing emails to office staff and counselors, updating staff on company news and information, typing memos for Non Profit Director, setting up meetings and contacting staff to ensure attendance, setting meetings for outside meetings with director, answering phones and triaging them to correct staff, greeting clients and checking them into appointments, making weekly schedules.
Pros
lively work culture
Cons
It could have been so much more.
HIV Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2015
Terros is a speacial place that offers up of many different things to it's community. Terros offered HIV testing, out patient rehabilitation for substance abuse, crisis intervention, educational groups and team support. In the short time before leaving I was able to be a part of opening a center for the homeless. They were given breakfast, beverages, and had the option of staying for the educational groups. Those who stayed for groups were afforded the opportunity to shower and be given a fresh set of clothing.
HIV Outreach was going out into the public to offer and educate the homeless population about HIV and other programs available in their community. One part of the targeted population was IV drug users. It was believed that, if we can not stop the users from using at least educate them on how they could do it safely. Things like clean water, bleach to keep safe from HIV, the use of condoms, and always the number to the crisis department.
Having the opportunity to educate this population, and listen to their stories brings about a certain piece of civility in all of the employees.
Pros
Helping and learning about this population, and how their medical problems are not being met, due to the fact that they are considered "not worth the effort".
Cons
Inapporpriate management with the clients.
Horrible company to work for
Doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  AnyApril 20, 2015
Company culture is that of fear, lies and unfair pay. Cannot advance at this company. The CEO is incredibly business minded but, has no people skills. Her image is more important than employees and how they are treated and paid.
Management blames employees to justify their inadequacy
Bht (Former Employee) –  ClpMarch 29, 2013
Director bullies management. Unprofessional listening to your boss be berated by her boss. The abuse trickled down to employees. There is no job security. Most employees are new. No respect for long term staff. Raises are rare but management enjoys getting bonuses from employees work. Productivity is enforced even though they can't keep beds full. Retaliation is a major problem from management and employees.
Pros
cts are worth the time.
Cons
management and little pay. no respect.
Productive workplace
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
Productive workplace, Intense environment.Employees are honest with integrity. Decent company to work for supportive management.
Great place to work.
too much work not enough time
BHT (Current Employee) –  phoenixMarch 21, 2015
Production expectations are unrealistic. 401k match is 1%. High turnover rate in line employees. Management is uncarring about staff or clients.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
too much work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Terros. Our community is ready to answer.