Terry's Tire Town Employee Reviews in United States

Upper management was very rude.
Warehouse/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 28, 2016
They try to give you as much work to do as possible and hardly ever give you any appreciation for it. Our boss was very moody and started trouble often.
Productive, supportive and too short of an experience
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OhioNovember 22, 2014
I was hired because Terry's Tire Town purchased Englewood Tire. Englewood Tire was based in the New York and New Jersey. I was hired to process credits. My job required constant contact with the four east coast warehouse managers, the east coast sales force as well as other executives both on the east coast and here in Ohio. I built a network of people from the east coast and Ohio who I enjoyed working with and consider my friends. The hardest part of my job was when I went to the New Jersey office to learn the procedures necessary for my position, knowing the gracious people who taught me were losing their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with some of the people I meet in New Jersey and getting to know the people in Ohio.
Pros
holiday celebrations
Cons
sold to atd
Plenty of work and overtime hours.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2015
The terry's tire town warehouse was my first actual job. The supervisors there took their time with me as far as showing me the ropes of how warehouse work is suppose to be done.
Pros
I got a good work out everytime i went to work, and it kept me in shape.
Cons
There were no cons about the warehouse at all, atleast I couldn't find any.
didn't like the co-workers
Turret Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Alliance, Ohio 44601July 14, 2015
I did not enjoy working at Terrys but had to make a living as a single mother and i had nights and weekends off most of the time, The atmosphere was horrible because my immediate supervisor was unbalanced, which made uneasy for me. but i stuck it out for 8 yrs
Pros
day job
In it's prime it was a great place to work, out of business now.
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  1469 Main St, Alliance, OhSeptember 11, 2014
My day would always start with a joyful "Good Morning" from our Department Manager.
My job had me dealing with customers across the Country. My job consisted mainly of Data Entry, Collections and Customer Service.I would help customers keep their accounts current and assist to catch up when and where necessary.
Our department manager was understanding had a good ear and would make every attempt to find resolution to any conflict. He made it very easy to come to work every day.
I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with directly, they became like family. We would and could always bounce issues off each other to help each other find resolution to customer and or account issues. The hardest part of the job for me was the drive, in the winter could be quite treacherous.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratification I got helping customers stay and in some cases come into good standing on their accounts to increase their buying power.
Pros
great heath insurance, bonuses, flexible hours, friendly atmosphere
Cons
company sold so benefits dropped tremendously in the end
Hard work and under paid
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Green, OHFebruary 13, 2014
Very very little room for advancement.
The more you learn the more responsibility you have but they don't want to pay you for it.
The less you are willing to learn the less work you have to do but they still pay you the same as everyone else.
Very unorganized.
They don't care about the little guy.
Pros
discount on tires and rims.
Cons
bad pay, over worked, slim chance of advancement, no schedule, tell you what you want to hear instead of the truth, and generally dont care about anything except there own paychecks.
Easy work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHSeptember 23, 2013
Simple but sometimes stressful work. Much heavy lifting. management was great. Co-workers were fun
Pros
job security, insurance
Cons
pay
A leading independent wholesale tire distribution company in the US
Chief Accounting Officer (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 26, 2013
A dynamic and growing company. Good culture and pleasant employees to work with.
Great place to work and grow
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  West Deptford, NJMarch 11, 2014
Terry's has been a great place for advancement and growth. Working with the customer base has been rewarding. Terry's acknowledges your efforts and provides the support needed to get the job accomplished.
Pros
work environment
Cons
can't think of one
Great Company to work for.
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Entering credits and invoices into great plains system. Issuing credits and invoices to our customers. Processing national and government claims for customers. We have a great department, co-workers are wonderful to work with and the management is amazing.
Cons
company sold
Company Sold
Director of Corporate Transportation (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OhFebruary 23, 2014
Great Place to work. However, the owner announced this week that he was selling the company. Current operations may cease.
Pros
good salary, good workforce
Cons
company closing
Wholesale distribution of aftermarket wheels and tires
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHFebruary 10, 2015
Greatest place to work. Great people and products. This company was well put together. I loved the experience. There were always training to better yourself.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Great place
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMay 6, 2014
Great working environment. Great people to work for. You have your chain of command, but that didn't seem to matter when you were talking to people.

Always willing to show you new things inorder to ;learn and become a better person in the filed.
Pros
everything
Cons
none to report
loved the job
shipping&recieving, (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHNovember 19, 2012
terrys is one of the biggest tire distributers around and its just getting bigger i loved the job pay was great and they have never laid off the pay was great and great bonus checks and the job was very busy
Pros
great business, pay was great, hard work, advancment was there
Cons
night shift supervisor was not about the team only for himself
Productive and fast paced
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJune 5, 2013
I loved going into work every day knowing its going to be steady all day long. Good working environment.
Nice company to work for
AR (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHJune 24, 2014
Do your job and no one micromanages you.
Fast Paced