Terumo BCT Employee Reviews

Not A Good Place to Work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 8, 2016
This company and location was found to be bad to work for. This is reflected by its turnover rate. The management is poor and the trainers do not make the job and work interesting. One is treated by the management and trainers worse than that in elementary and high school. Communications is poor. The benefits are not bad, but more expensive than many other major companies. There is a lot a favoritism in this company. Management does does treat and respect everyone and their situation fairly and equally. Until there is a change in leadership, training, and management, there will be constant hiring and firing, low retention rates, and the company's image and reputation will be bad.
Pros
On-site cafeteria, location, great people
Cons
No advancement opportunities, poor management
Great place to work.
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 2, 2016
Great place to work and the people, including management make this happen.

Working at Terumo gives you a sense of purpose; you know that the organization serves the greater good.
Great place very Diverse
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 11, 2016
I loved knowing I had a purpose I was saving lives even though I was just building kits, met a lot of different people from allover the world, the hardest part of the job was making sure when we came in the shift before us had enough product built up for us to start and sometimes they wouldn't so you had to move quickly before your line would start
Pros
would appreciate the employee
Cons
the whole working in a clean room
Poor Company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 11, 2016
Honestly this company has went downhill, everything they can write you up on they will. The turnover rate is crazy and the management likes to take advantage of the subordinates. Work here only if you have too. The attitudes of everyone there is like your back in high school, little clicks, drama, and bad pay.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Lots of Highs and Lows
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 1, 2016
Terumo BCT has gone through several really big changes in ownership over the last 10 years. The transitions have had their good points and their bad points.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Merit raises are either non existent or along the rate of cost of living increase
Manufacturing Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 2, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping out people like myself everyday. Knowing that your job, no matter where you stand in a position is important. The hardest part of the job is not being a valued employee to the company. In a typical day you know that you're saving someone's life out there somewhere.
Pros
potlucks and co-workers
Cons
communacation among everyone that works there
Fast growing medical device company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 8, 2016
Growing so fast it's hard to say what will happen to this company, both good or bad. Leadership has been in flux the last year, so the strategic direction/cooperation may still be unclear.
Pros
on site cafeteria
Cons
in flux leadership
Assembly Line
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 18, 2016
On my typical shift, I would assemble about 800 medical kits. Going over myself and other's work. Management wasn't the best, they never really talked to their co-workers and we not very understanding.
Cons
I worked graveyard shift
Productive and fun repetitive manufacturing enviroment.
Cost Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 21, 2015
Great first permanent job out of college. Work life was very balanced, worked overtime on occasions but not every week.Manager was flexible and great to work under. Generally I worked with minimal supervision, but during our annual standard cost roll I work for several month very closely with the cost accounting team. This was also the most stressful and hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a very experience cost accounting team where I learned a lot, the location was ideal to where I previously was living, and the company had great benefits.
Pros
Learned a lot, location, benefits.
Cons
Little room for promotion.
A nice place to work
assembler (Former Employee) –  lakewoodJuly 6, 2015
I enjoyed working the people, I assembled medical products. I enjoyed working the hours I had. I worked from 3pm to 2am. I would go back someday.
Terumo Bct is a company that is very beneficial to the community the purpose of the company is to help patients all across the world with medical kits
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 22, 2015
Terumo Bct was a fun company to work for at one point I really enjoyed being apart of a team where we had to work together on the line. The purpose of my job was to assemble medical kits for patients all across the world. Our management wasn't good they didn't seem to care about their employee's. The hardest part of my job was when the company decided to switch shifts on there employee's so i was required to work night shift. I enjoyed working with everyone on the line the people really made that company fun.
Pros
free lunches, Paid time off
Cons
management needs improvement
Some great people, culture is changing through
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 9, 2015
The company has been through a number of buy-outs. Though job security in Lakewood is very high for most, the culture has changed quiet a bit into more of a corporation and less of the small company it was.
Pros
Good pay, hours, travel, people
Cons
Some management was only there because they knew the right people, or were just there for a while. Though that has changed now
Nice place to work
Medical Device Assembler, Buddy Trainer, Resource (Former Employee) –  lakewood coloradoJanuary 30, 2015
Medical Device Assembly
Learned how to manufacture Medical kits
Management was nice
Co workers were nice
hardest part of job was very long work hours
most enjoyable part of job was being cross trained to do work in different areas within company
Pros
available job opportunities
Cons
very long work hours
dedicated to quality of products and saftey of employees.
P3 (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 17, 2014
Clock in, great coworkers, and smock up a. Start at workstation by doing MEDs and confirming machinery and correct parts are available to work. Assemble quality parts for the next station to work on.
I have learned to focus on the techniques of building the product.
I have learned to improve may communication with others.
The most enjoyable part of my job is running the machines, especially tacsi, 2991 and bubba.
I do not have any thing I feel is the hardest part of working.
Pros
work with a multi culture of great people.
Excellent healthcare system that keeps up with whats trending
Medical device manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 7, 2014
Worked with many professional people from all backgrounds and education. Like any large organization there were many meetings to attend. The challenge was to balance your regular workload with attending meetings. Never dull for sure.
Pros
unique experience
Cons
exposure to sick people
Productive work place with friendly environment
Customer Relations Specialist- North America (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 24, 2014
Fun, productive medical supply company out of Lakewood, CO. Terumo BCT is one of the largest medical supply companies in Colorado, providing products and services to the entire globe.
Manufacturing assembly
Production Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lakewood CoMay 2, 2014
Work 4 days a week , 10 hour shift. Work in a assembly line making blood bags for blood collection.
Great Manufacturing company
Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 29, 2014
It has a lot of stability, great people but is very poorly managed.
Pros
great campus, people
Hard worker
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2013
Working 4 10s in a clean control room is easy but yet hard work. On a daily basis, I am on my feet all day or most of the time, as a floater and CSP/CSP inspector. When your a floater, you would help with the work flow on the line and making sure that the line is moving smoothly with good product parts. Helping other assemblers with making more bonded parts to put on the flow line. Assisting with CSP/CSP inspections; making sure that the products have great quantity and quality to them. Our management team is great with communicating to the individual lines and within they're own line. The level of structure they put into leadership is outstanding when it comes to delegating projects or communication or meetings. Floaters and leadership works closely with each other as they rely on floaters to cover a specific assembler's spot for training, meeting with supervisor, bathroom, or pushing the line for a better run rate. In all, because of the work we do and the amount of workers in a clean control room. We are bound to have our good days and bad days, most of the time because I'm floating or CSP inspecting. I rarely get to socialize but when I get to just work on the line. Talking to your co-workers is a plus, exchanges ideas about how to better ourselves on the line such as our pace, to family events. The one part that would be the hardest for me, is that I tend to let my co-workers take advantage of me. Most of the time, I'm either covering they're spot while they use the rest room constantly or making parts for them as they are behind because of talking matters or not in the  more... mood to work. But what makes my day enjoyable is, when I get to just work on the line as a assembler. I get to work and just enjoy talking to my co-workers, while working hard at the same time. I get to work on my pace and how fast I can get parts built correctly and onto the flow line. This is the part I enjoy the most.  less
Cons
no raises
Good company, however, the culture and politics is awful. Not worth it.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood ColoradoDecember 19, 2013
I worked at Terumo BCT for over 2 years and the company itself is good. Lots of good ideas and great infrastructure. However, it is very important to distinguish between the company and the people that work there. This company definitely has a deep rooted culture of favoritism. In order to be successful you have to be well liked by management. You have to be extremely political and be strategic about who you align yourself with. During my time there I observed many employees that were not very good performers and where very successful because of how they interacted with management. On the other hand, I also witnessed great performers either be terminated or left on their own because they were unsuccessful in wooing the right person. Beware, if you are not good at politics stay away. Terumo BCT shows absolutely no loyalty to their employees. On the other hand if you thrive on office politics, then you could very well be successful at Terumo BCT. Just depends on what you're looking for. On a side note, it seems like they over promised results and are struggling to meet sales goals. Recently, I observed much downsizing in the workforce to meet operating costs.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
office politics, struggling sales, poor departmental management

2.9