Terumo BCT

Terumo BCT Employer Reviews

dedicated to quality of products and saftey of employees.
P3 (Current Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 17, 2014
Pros: work with a multi culture of great people.
Clock in, great coworkers, and smock up a. Start at workstation by doing MEDs and confirming machinery and correct parts are available to work. Assemble quality parts for the next station to work on.
I have learned to focus on the techniques of building the product.
I have learned to improve may communication with others.
The most enjoyable part of my job is running the machines, especially tacsi, 2991 and bubba.
I do not have any thing I feel is the hardest part of working.
Excellent healthcare system that keeps up with whats trending
Medical device manufacturing (Current Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 7, 2014
Pros: unique experience
Cons: exposure to sick people
Worked with many professional people from all backgrounds and education. Like any large organization there were many meetings to attend. The challenge was to balance your regular workload with attending meetings. Never dull for sure.
Productive work place with friendly environment
Customer Relations Specialist- North America (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2014
Fun, productive medical supply company out of Lakewood, CO. Terumo BCT is one of the largest medical supply companies in Colorado, providing products and services to the entire globe.
Manufacturing assembly
Production Assembler (Current Employee), Lakewood CoMay 2, 2014
Work 4 days a week , 10 hour shift. Work in a assembly line making blood bags for blood collection.
Great Manufacturing company
Software Development Manager (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great campus, people
It has a lot of stability, great people but is very poorly managed.
Hard worker
Assembler (Current Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2013
Cons: no raises
Working 4 10s in a clean control room is easy but yet hard work. On a daily basis, I am on my feet all day or most of the time, as a floater and CSP/CSP inspector. When your a floater, you would help with the work flow on the line and making sure that the line is moving smoothly with good product parts. Helping other assemblers with making more bonded parts to put on the flow line. Assisting with CSP/CSP inspections; making sure that the products have great quantity and quality to them. Our management team is great with communicating to the individual lines and within they're own line. The level of structure they put into leadership is outstanding when it comes to delegating projects or communication or meetings. Floaters and leadership works closely with each other as they rely on floaters to cover a specific assembler's spot for training, meeting with supervisor, bathroom, or pushing the line for a better run rate. In all, because of the work we do and the amount of workers in a clean control room. We are bound to have our good days and bad days, most of the time because I'm floating or CSP inspecting. I rarely get to socialize but when I get to just work on the line. Talking to your co-workers is a plus, exchanges ideas about how to better ourselves on the line such as our pace, to family events. The one part that would be the hardest for me, is that I tend to let my co-workers take advantage of me. Most of the time, I'm either covering they're spot while they use the rest room constantly or making parts for them as they are behind because of talking matters or not in the mood to work. But what makes my day enjoyable is, when I get to just work on the line as a assembler. I get to work and just enjoy talking to my co-workers, while working hard at the same time. I get to work on my pace and how fast I can get parts built correctly and onto the flow line. This is the part I enjoy the most.
Good company, however, the culture and politics is awful. Not worth it.
Analyst (Former Employee), Lakewood ColoradoDecember 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: office politics, struggling sales, poor departmental management
I worked at Terumo BCT for over 2 years and the company itself is good. Lots of good ideas and great infrastructure. However, it is very important to distinguish between the company and the people that work there. This company definitely has a deep rooted culture of favoritism. In order to be successful you have to be well liked by management. You have to be extremely political and be strategic about who you align yourself with. During my time there I observed many employees that were not very good performers and where very successful because of how they interacted with management. On the other hand, I also witnessed great performers either be terminated or left on their own because they were unsuccessful in wooing the right person. Beware, if you are not good at politics stay away. Terumo BCT shows absolutely no loyalty to their employees. On the other hand if you thrive on office politics, then you could very well be successful at Terumo BCT. Just depends on what you're looking for. On a side note, it seems like they over promised results and are struggling to meet sales goals. Recently, I observed much downsizing in the workforce to meet operating costs.
Good company culture and work life balance, but strange politics
Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, CODecember 3, 2013
Overall Terumo BCT is a decent place to work, the culture is good and the work life balance is great. They have been having a hard time reaching their financial numbers so their long term outlook is shaky. There are also some strange politics. It is more important to play the political game than to produce quality meaningful work. If you are someone who doesn't mind playing politics, and can align with the right executives this is the right place for you. If you instead like to be honest in your daily activities and only want to do quality meaningful work, I wouldn't recommend it.
not a good place to work everyone is unhappy and hates the job
Assembler (Former Employee), Lakewood, COSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: 10hr shifts
Cons: hours
I tried to be a good employee and work hard. If u didn't know someone in management you were not going in where in this company. There is a lot a favoritism in this company and it is condoned. The benefits were expensive, but good. From what I noticed if you were white you were treated like you don't have a brain in your head. They also allow groups of friends to go in the office to complain about other employees and just right them up without getting other sides of the story. The best part of the job was having 3day weekends. Management was horrible.
Decent Company
IT (Current Employee), LakewoodJune 13, 2013
A laid back work environment. If you love challenges, probably this is not the place for you.
great job, great benefits
❸ Assembler P3 in Offline And Trima flow 1 (Current Employee), Lakewood COMay 9, 2013
I have worked for Terumo for 2 years now and its the best job i have had by far. The hours are great with multiple shifts to choose from. great pay scale. the benefits are amazing.
Its Work!
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 16, 2013
A typical day at work can feel very long, lots of smocking and un-smocking. I learned many ways to deal with all sorts of personalities, and different management types. My co-workers are very entertaining. The hardest part of the job is the hours because they are very long. The most enjoyable part of the job, is the rewarding feeling you get from knowing that you spend your day building things that help save other peoples lives.

About Terumo BCT

Terumo BCT, a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, is the only company with the unique combination of apheresis – Read more