Terumo Medical Corporation Employee Reviews

N/a
Supplierv Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 19, 2017
I do not have an opinion because the environment is very challenging, and there is a lot of change going to make the environment better. the staff is moving to world class and change is a good thing.
Great company with long term potential
Lead Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDOctober 3, 2017
I wouldn't have left this company if the department hadn't shut down. I would go back in a second if given the opportunity. There is great management that works to build employees up to their fullest potential.
Ethical and fair place to work
Labeling Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 4, 2017
Compared to other places in the Pharma/Medical industries, Terumo is one of the nicest place to work for. This is not a cut-throat environment where everybody is in for himself but more of a team support culture. People are always ready to help if one is at a road-block in a project.
However, the company has antiquated and overly cumbersome Design Control systems in place which make the simplest tasks feel like a mountain to climb. There is desire to change although it's happening awfully slowly.
Pros
Fair and ethical environment
Cons
Archaic Design Control Systems and ineffective SOPs
Productivity and nice enviroment
Shipping and Receiving packaging (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 28, 2017
We got to pick and check very carefully that device that our customer need it and we had to pack very carefully because for us is not a a simple box Is like patient and we send it to our customer on time using FedEx or UPS
Excellent place to work
Utility II (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 20, 2017
Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement here. Company is currently growing fast and needs employees of all levels. Pay and benefits are extremely competitive and there are always opportunities to improve.
Good work environment
Senior Manufacturing Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 5, 2017
Worked in team responsible for new product development as well as process development.
Though an US based division, this is a Japanese based company and structured as such.
Pros
not many
Cons
none that I can think of.
Great place to work for certain people
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 5, 2017
Terumo Medical is a place with many benefits and opportunities but you will be giving up a lot of your own life for the company. Would not recommend this job to anyone with kids or any other pressing obligations. Many hours of mandatory overtime with no consideration for previous plans.
Pros
Great benefits, chances to move up
Cons
Favoritism, a lot of mandatory overtime
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 1, 2017
It is a wonderful place to work with some of the best team members I would recommend going back if I didn't have to move and they have air conditioning and the staff members also care
temp
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMay 21, 2017
fast paces quality assurance, very good company culture, friendly coworkers. competent supervisor. very good customer appreciation. enjoyable work. I felt like I was contributing to something important.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
gearing up and down was part of break
N/a
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDFebruary 15, 2017
This is great company to work for, I was here for a bit and loved all of it. The people there are great, and it was an awesome experience working for them.
Dynamic, fast paced, strong basis in continuous improvement.
Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 30, 2017
Global manufacturer of medical devices and therapies that focus on improving the health and well being of the patients they are used on. A Japanese company that is growing rapidly in the US Market.
quality assurance, something I ecel at
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDAugust 25, 2016
The culture is exceptional and the associates are of a high quality. I enjoyed my time there even though it was just a contract position. the standards were high and I expect no less.
Pros
Work I enjoyed and was qualified for.
Cons
it was contract
Marketing is the key to sales, loved it
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2016
While at the marketing department it gave the correct tools to become a sales person (my actual position). I gave me the opportunity to learn in deep the excellent products in Terumo portfolio as well as the relationship end users have with the brand.
Pros
The knowledge instilled on me
Cons
My objective was sales
Great Corporation to work for
Utility 1 (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 21, 2015
Easy work, but long hours. The money is great and the people that work there are awesome. The work is very repetitive and can be very frustrating at times when they are trying to turn over big numbers for inventory. Not much room for growth if you are looking to move up from $13/hr this is not the place you want to work
productive,busy repetitive work
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 9, 2015
terumo medical is a great place to work, the benifits are good the pay is great and so is mangment however the hours are long. its always room for advancement within the company.
Pros
great place to work, room for advancment, great mangement
Cons
short breaks, long temp contracts
Restricted production
Document Scanning Clerk / QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton MDMarch 3, 2015
Rewarding when errors found before release of production. Down side, how that person would take the news about their error.
Pros
Flexible schedule with home and work life.
Cons
To stable no room for improvements.
Beneficial job with limited support
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 26, 2014
On a typical day of work I must first abide by the rules of the clean room by covering all exposed parts of my body with a white jump suit. Then I make sure my hands are sanitized as I make my way to my work station. At arrival I make sure all paperwork is properly filled out by previous shift and that station is clean and prepared for my shift. Then I must make sure all of my chemicals are fresh and inspect my machine for any possible problems and do maintenance if needed. Once everything is ready I start my job and meet quota and inspect my product for any defects. I am on shift work which means I work 12 hour shifts from 6pm to 630am and I typically work 4 days/wk. Due to the shift I work there usually is no one from management available and I am left on my own to do my work which gives me much independence but is not very helpful should problems arise. The people I work with seem nice but I work by myself and I am expected to stay at my machine and not socialize so I do not get to interact with them. The hardest part of my job is the upkeep of the machine and keeping it working properly. The most enjoyable part is when I encounter no problems with my machine and the night runs like it is meant to.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement, poor maintenance on machines, and I would prefer not to work shiftwork and have a paid lunch
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 10, 2014
Was a great learning opportunity that rewarded growth with advancement.
It was a job when I needed one.
Manufacturing Inspector (Former Employee) –  elkton maryalndSeptember 15, 2013
it is a male dominated company with mostly men progressing to top. Typical work was 6;00 am to 4;30 pm. do not apply for jobs to better yourself if you are not male. Hardest part of job was no recognizition for good job.
Good company
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 12, 2013
I started in production and worked my way up into a salaried position. Terumo is a good company