Tervis Employee Reviews

a good place to work...
Custodian (Former Employee) –  201 triple diamond blvd north venice florida 34275June 23, 2015
it would be just like a regular day at work.what l learned noting,management terrible.my co worker excellent.picking up the garbage an the recycle. enjoy part of the job the people that work there....
Pros
Cons
excellent health benefits
Fun place to work
Full Time Key Holding Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2015
Tervis provides an excellent environment to learn the retail world. It is a great company to work for. Working with the customers provides great customer service skills and customers always leave happy.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 28, 2015
Great company to work for with great pay. I was hired as a temp and unfortunately didn't get to stay but wish I could have. Typical days consist of handling multiple phone calls and assisting with order taking.
Account reconciliation specialist (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 19, 2015
Tervis has a great product. Most of my co-workers we wonderful people and some of the best people in the world. The benefits are the best you could ask for.
They need to train their management better, because they do not know how to manage people. There is also a change in management to often and the one's that they keep should not be kept as managers because they treat the good employees very badly. Never complain about the company to anyone within the company.
Pros
The discount you receive on the tumblers
Tervis Tumbler
Assembler/production (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLApril 16, 2015
I have worked for them for over 7 years and enjoyed it until they started to listen to rumors instead of coming to hear it from the person directly.I work production and I guess I am bored because I have tried to advance in the past but I have gone nowhere. I know that I am qualified and can do the job if given the chance. I learned everything that I can. For the most part I get along with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is doing things my body is not able to do but I do what I have to do. The most enjoyable part is when I can help the new hires and answer questions.
Tervis was a FUN and wonderful place to work,
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2015
TERVIS tumblers are made in America. Tervis offers a lifetime guarantee. Tervis has a good variety of drink ware for any occasion, such as water bottles, goblets, shakers, ice buckets, collectibles ones,etc.
I very much enjoyed working more than 3 years. I had a great experience opening stores, training new employees, providing great customers service. Was fun to work with happy employees and customers. I've learnt that customers are always # 1. Team work is the best way to achieve goals, grow, meet and succeed the company's expectations.

Don't forget to bring your patches to any Tervis stores or even better have your favorite sport - college team cup personalized :) isn't it a great idea :)
Made in the USA and dedicated to your success
Employee (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Best employer I have worked for in over 30+ years. Stands behind its product and its employees. Would recommend this company to everyone. Relaxed but professional. Fast growth for both the company and your career.
Pros
employee discounts on tervis
Very Fast Paced
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Venice, FloridaDecember 26, 2014
Working at Tervis has indeed opened my eyes to all the different aspects of IT. I was able to get involved in numerous projects that I don't feel I would have anywhere else.

I feel the only downfall would be to working there is the fact that the IT department is understaffed,but still trying to serve the customers as if they weren't.
Pros
the amount of technology you are introduced to and get to work with.
Cons
management and understaffing
TRC was consistint in finding me work.
Production (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 6, 2014
I was with TRC Temporary Staffing for 4 years.
Every job they assigned me to, whether for a day or for months was always productive and a new learning experience for me.
All co-workers were friendly as well as management.
The hardest part of doing Temp assignments is getting comfortable in a position and having to leave.
The most enjoyable part was learning different job positions and meeting new people.
Pros
pay, meeting new people, learning new jobs.
Cons
getting comfortable in a position and having to move on to another.
Not a bad job but only hire as seasonal
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 31, 2014
They push you to produces as much as possible. hired as seasonal and that means no benefits. needs a better structure.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work, most everyone that comes in the store is already in a good mood
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 8, 2014
Typical day spent cleaning shelves during downtime and ringing up customers. Lots of kids running around yelling which was sometimes funny but oftentimes very annoying. Tervis as a corporation did not seem to know too much about running retail stores, and it showed when we were constantly out of our most popular products.
Pros
great employee discount 65%
Cons
bad management
productive clean and fun
key holder (Former Employee) –  savannah, GASeptember 1, 2014
this company was unique and fun to work for. I learned how to be a better salesman and was offered outside work because of it.
Enjoyable place to work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Nokomis, FLAugust 19, 2014
I was a seasonal employee. I thoroughly enjoyed working there and had hoped to be asked on full-time, but unfortunately had personal circumstances that prevented it. My managers were always willing to talk and answer questions. They have great employee benefits, such as an ergonomic therapist available. It is a fun atmosphere, but can be stressful and fast paced. If you do your job and work well with others, it is a great opportunity.
Cons
temporary seasonal work, unless you prove you can be an asset to the company
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2014
Very task oriented not a lot of change. Loved having a customer love their cup. I never that these cups were so widespread but I enjoyed having a customer be happy with their purchase
Pros
hours
Cons
healthcare
Don't let the other reviews fool you
marketing (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 10, 2014
If you're looking for an office job i.e sales, marketing, merchandising etc. than think twice. The company may start off great but there are too many managers and not enough leaders. They lack organization and are too cheap to give real benefits to employees now (more money, more money). Literally everyone is working their bums off to make Tervis earn more, yet they continue REDUCE benefits and not give 2 cents about employees well being. Spend two weeks here and you will realize EVERYONE IS UNHAPPY and looking for a way out.
Pros
standard 8-5, overtime when you want it
Cons
low pay, poor management, pricey health insurance
Good place to work if you stay to yourself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJuly 5, 2014
its a good company.Some of their practices could be questioned.I love the fact you get monthly bonuses.It was a good experience until a situation,but overall a good company.if the management was different it would be like heaven.
Pros
good starting pay, great customers
Cons
poor management, uneasy co-workers
enjoyable work atmosphere
Packer Welder Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 24, 2014
great factory assembly work-fork truck and pallet jack experience as well as warehousing
Pros
hours flexible
Great place to work if you have no aspirations for advancement.
Cell Lead/Backup Team Lead/Ship Lead (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 20, 2014
They train you fairly quickly, if you have the desire. Work off a tier system; The more you know, the more you get paid. Overtime is encouraged but not required. Great place to balance family life with work life.

Mid to Lower Management has a high turnover. Don't get to use to the person you work for because they'll be gone tomorrow.
Pros
advancement, great job/life balance
Cons
low start pay, inconsistent management
I enjoyed working for a compnay that keeps their word.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 24, 2014
Tervis Tumbler is a loyal company to their customers. With a great product made in America, and that is lifetime guaranteed. I enjoyed my position as a Supervisor/ Manager for one of their kiosk located in the Brandon area. I took a lot of pride working with the best of my ability in customer satisfaction. I love the product, and will recommend Tumblers- to any and everyone. Tervis Tumblers are insulated cups, that reduce condensation, are microwavable safe, dish washer safe, are used for hot and cold, and are fashionable.
FUN place to work, great benefits, interesting people
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FLFebruary 19, 2014
The workday here is never typical- things are always changing
I love interacting with my co-workers while we work- there are so many different people working there. The day goes by quickly.

4.2