Tervis Employee Reviews in United States

Company still trying to find itself
Global Product Safety & Compliance Leader (Former Employee) –  N. Venice, FLJune 7, 2016
Work and professional life were well balanced. Advancement opportunities limited. Unsteady stream of customer orders often led to production employees being sent home.
Cool place to work with a neat and layed back environment
New Item Development Temp. (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 25, 2016
The work day was not bad at all. The company is very cool and family owned. I liked working here and the experience was worthwhile. I highly recommend a job at Tervis.
fun place to work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 6, 2016
assemble Tervis Tumbler cups, See the new release cups. was able to wear shorts and hats. Got great discounts on cups! Chances to move up in the company.
Cons
short lunch
A company that has lost its culture and lost its way
Director (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 4, 2016
Leadership is nonexistent from the CEO on down. This is an organization that has missed its budget for 3 years in a row. It's single largest customer drives over 30% of the sales and they buy less and les each year.
They have no long term plan, no creative marketing talent, and continue to fail at even the basics of retail execution.
If you are a talented executive I suggest you run from this company!
Pros
A truly great product
Cons
No leadership, absentee ownership, no management talent
What I wouldn't give to be able to rate zero stars...
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Venice, FLApril 17, 2016
When I worked for this company, I saw lots of favoritism. Those who would become personal friends with supervisors would be promoted and given appropriate raises within 6 months, while those who tried to move up by working hard and proving themselves would be stuck in the same position for almost 3 years, only seeing raises during annual reviews. Upper-management does not care about these practices as long as their quotas are filled. They would find ways to terminate anyone who dared speak out about it. Further more, they would bend over backwards to get out of paying medical bills of injuries that happened on the clock. Also, they said they were willing to be flexible in scheduling to accommodate those who were wanting to attend school. This was untrue, they wanted their employees lock, stock, and barrel.
Pros
Consistent, set schedule.
Cons
Too much office politics
Worst retail job and terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNApril 12, 2016
I was treated like a child when I worked here in spring 2015 by the manager. Many time I would work from 2 pm in til midnight or later because we were not allowed to lock the doors until every customer was out. I was not allowed to run the cash register unless she was not there and then my co workers would let me. She even went through my bag and tried to see what clothing articles I had? I quit and never returned.
Pros
65% discount
Cons
Management, no a/c, long hours
assembly
production person (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMarch 19, 2016
this is a ok place to work. seasonal work schedules.it is a growing company and is going through growing pains. sometimes difficult to advance.
Great company, horrible management choices
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 16, 2016
I worked at Tervis for 6 months, when I was hired the manager was amazing , helpful in training and really running that store like a well oiled machine. There were clear communication and tasks through out the day. Days are filled with stocking, selling and helping customers. Only bad thing was the assistant manager who constantly bad mouthed the manager and the company trying to convince employees to quit and not take job advancements. Last month I was there I was given a promotion, when the original GM suddenly left the company due to health issues. The assistant was appointed to take over was awful, complained everyday about the company as well as promising all the staff better positions just so they wouldn't quit. He let me keep my promotion until his friend was available to take the job and I was told I wasn't his friend so he wouldn't let me keep the position I was promoted to and was cut to 10 hours a week. He got rid of my employee file so I was unable to take it and email to corporate offices to show I had my reviews and paper work for job advancement. District manager did not care. Unfortunately the amazing store has gone down hill and fast.
Pros
Was a wonderful company, nice discount
Cons
Bad management, cut in hours
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 12, 2016
Everyday and every order was different. I learned to pay great attention to detail and working quick and effectively. Everyone was nice, I could listen to music while I work. The trainers and the leads were always around in case you had any questions. I simply just enjoyed working there, I was always in a good mood.
Pros
awesome discount on products, paid breaks. can listen to music while working
Cons
noisy, standing for long periods of time.
Working at Tervis
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 4, 2016
I worked at Tervis thru Express services for 6 mon. Right after New Years, they said they were going to hire 80 people to work direct. I never missed a day, never late, and learned all the functions at the production level. Got along with everyone, only one problem I'm over 55 and Tervis don't seem to hire, especially males over 55.
They seem to have a click, and if you don't fit in by being a minority. You will never get hired. At one time they even put up a sign saying " Redneck Area "
Pros
Easy work, nice hours
Cons
If you don't fall in the family you won't get hired.
Worst place I've ever worked.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 15, 2016
I've worked at Tervis for 8 months. My first two months were wonderful. I had a great manager.She taught me all of the things I needed to know about the job. She was very patient,friendly and outgoing. However , when she left as a manager I noticed a lot of things about this company. There are a lot of secret alliances as well as lowkey racism. The new manager was very unprofessional in appearance as well as conversation. He would make derogatory comments at the work place. Within the past 6 months , 3 employees are gone.There is NO communication between HR , The DM , as well as the store manager. I've tried to contact HR , I have gotten no response.
Pros
You get to wear blue shirts (:
fun
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 4, 2015
Good place to work awesome atmosphere always full of fun. The management was ok some worked next to you some you would never see.
fun place to work with advancement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZNovember 4, 2015
Good company with good benefits. Growing company with plans for the future which also means advancement for their employees.

Comment – November 11, 2015

Our stores are growing at an amazing rate! Tervis is a great place to start or advance your retail career.

Great Place, Great People
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  North Venice, FLOctober 26, 2015
Bright colors, friendly faces, and more cups than you'll ever need in your lifetime - Tervis is an amazing company to work for. The company is full of talented people who believe in their quality product and work together to create a culture that is unmatched on the gulf coast of Florida.

There's no such thing as a boring day at Tervis. The company has grown tremendously over the past decade thanks to their commitment to innovation and continuous improvement. The incredibly high tech, future focused, corporate workplace has changed tremendously but has never lost sight of deep rooted family values.

Regardless of job level, your thoughts and ideas will matter and can make an impact on your department or the business as a whole. People in the company push one another to get better every day. It's a great environment to be a part of.
Pros
Benefits and Culture

Comment – November 11, 2015

Thank you for the feedback! We know all of our employees can't stay forever, but we hope they leave with great memories and a little bit of wisdom.

Enjoyable work environment,
IT Business Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLOctober 25, 2015
There is always a varied work day, management is supportive of staff. Co-workers all enjoy assisting each other and doing what it takes to make Tervis successful.
Fun workplace , made employees feel special
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 17, 2015
This company is privately owned which gives them the ability to care a lot for there employees. This is still a newer company so the computer system still gets a bug now and then as all companies due.
All the employees I meet were very nice and positive.
The store I managed was in a busy part of a historic district so the customers were different every day.
This was a very good company to work for.
Pros
Gives Bonusus, Gives Christmas party every year
Cons
loveed my job but had to move to another state
Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Venice, FlSeptember 16, 2015
fun work place nice people to work with. I learn how to decorate cups also welding. we had good team work. the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and leaning from them.
a good place to work...
Custodian (Former Employee) –  201 triple diamond blvd north venice florida 34275June 23, 2015
it would be just like a regular day at work.what l learned noting,management terrible.my co worker excellent.picking up the garbage an the recycle. enjoy part of the job the people that work there....
Pros
Cons
excellent health benefits
Fun place to work
Full Time Key Holding Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2015
Tervis provides an excellent environment to learn the retail world. It is a great company to work for. Working with the customers provides great customer service skills and customers always leave happy.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 28, 2015
Great company to work for with great pay. I was hired as a temp and unfortunately didn't get to stay but wish I could have. Typical days consist of handling multiple phone calls and assisting with order taking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tervis. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9