Tervis Employee Reviews

Enjoyable but lacks advancement
Sr. Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLDecember 15, 2016
Tervis typically has a fun work environment however there was a distinct lack of opportunity for growth and advancement. The management is lacking and are unable to determine a direction for the company to go resulting in a lot of confusion and disorder.
All Around Great Place
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJanuary 25, 2017
The atmosphere was very inviting and the company treated you like family. The issue is there is often a bottle neck as you grow as with any company. The benefits are great and the team is always willing to lend a helping hand.
Good place for young and early middle aged adults
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 4, 2017
A good atmosphere for young to middle aged adults but not for older adults. Some managers tend to treat older employees as though they have no sense of what is going on.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I learned a lot while working at Tervis. The job was a pretty straight forward customer service job, helping customers with orders and product knowledge.
Pros
Discount on tumblers
Cons
Rotating Shifts
Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDMarch 4, 2017
Tervis was very diverse we had a lot of ethnicities work, which was fun to have around cause you get to meet new people. The work was easy and they pay you a good amount of money for what they give you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad managers
Shipping
Compliance Shipper/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FLMarch 8, 2017
It's a challenging job to assure all shipments are not only complete but follow each customers particular guidelines for shipment. I enjoy the team I work with we have great communication.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
Tervis is a great company to work for.... they offer the employees a ton of benefits that I have yet to find anywhere else. I would highly suggest anyone applying to work for this compnay
Look Somewhere Else!!!!
Tervis employee (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 19, 2016
I have worked in retail for over 25 years, and havr never seen a company run so poorly! The pay is below other companies, unsupportive, and really upper management has no clue! I really recommend you look anywhere but here!!
Nice Place to Work
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Tervis. The environment was clean. The people were nice. When I first started, any one was willing to answer any questions. Nice place to work.
Fun, friendly workplace
Customer Service and Returns (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLNovember 30, 2016
They really make you feel like a team. You celebrate the holidays, are very thorough with instructions. You meet many people and leave impressions for future opportunities.
good place to work at
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 23, 2017
8hr work days with option to work overtime.
training in areas you are placed in.
able to learn other positions (if desired)
Pros
company functions (parties, etc.)
Cons
n/a
Good Place
o Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCDecember 9, 2016
Good discount, but it was not the place for me. Run cash register and stock shelves. Some stretches of no customers, or mostly they just looked. Enjoyed interacting with the customers.
Great Place of employment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 20, 2016
I really enjoyed my time of employment, Each coworker ha their own opinions but i enjoyed what i did and who i worked with and the shift i was on. The products are great and durable i wish i lived closer so i could still work their.
A company that has lost its culture and lost its way
Director (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 4, 2016
Leadership is nonexistent from the CEO on down. This is an organization that has missed its budget for 3 years in a row. It's single largest customer drives over 30% of the sales and they buy less and les each year.
They have no long term plan, no creative marketing talent, and continue to fail at even the basics of retail execution.
If you are a talented executive I suggest you run from this company!
Pros
A truly great product
Cons
No leadership, absentee ownership, no management talent
Worst retail job and terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNApril 12, 2016
I was treated like a child when I worked here in spring 2015 by the manager. Many time I would work from 2 pm in til midnight or later because we were not allowed to lock the doors until every customer was out. I was not allowed to run the cash register unless she was not there and then my co workers would let me. She even went through my bag and tried to see what clothing articles I had? I quit and never returned.
Pros
65% discount
Cons
Management, no a/c, long hours
productive
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 17, 2016
Tervis was a very busy place to work but it was not bad. You definitely have to work hard there. Other then that theres not much else to tell
Materials Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 14, 2016
As a Materials Group leader, I was responsible for overseeing many different departments and ensuring that all ran smoothly.
Company still trying to find itself
Global Product Safety & Compliance Leader (Former Employee) –  N. Venice, FLJune 7, 2016
Work and professional life were well balanced. Advancement opportunities limited. Unsteady stream of customer orders often led to production employees being sent home.
What I wouldn't give to be able to rate zero stars...
Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Venice, FLApril 17, 2016
When I worked for this company, I saw lots of favoritism. Those who would become personal friends with supervisors would be promoted and given appropriate raises within 6 months, while those who tried to move up by working hard and proving themselves would be stuck in the same position for almost 3 years, only seeing raises during annual reviews. Upper-management does not care about these practices as long as their quotas are filled. They would find ways to terminate anyone who dared speak out about it. Further more, they would bend over backwards to get out of paying medical bills of injuries that happened on the clock. Also, they said they were willing to be flexible in scheduling to accommodate those who were wanting to attend school. This was untrue, they wanted their employees lock, stock, and barrel.
Pros
Consistent, set schedule.
Cons
Too much office politics
Cool place to work with a neat and layed back environment
New Item Development Temp. (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 25, 2016
The work day was not bad at all. The company is very cool and family owned. I liked working here and the experience was worthwhile. I highly recommend a job at Tervis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tervis. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9