Tervis Employee Reviews

quick pace, not to hard, very monotonous, nice seeing new product
Line Shipper/ Teir 3 (Former Employee) –  Nokomis, FLSeptember 14, 2017
learn a lot, was not really happy with management, however they where improving. The job is pretty simple, but fast pace, Tervis is a high volume place. there is a tier system so you can advance financially. It is cool, however, seeing a continual release of new product.
Pros
Great work culture from an hiring point of view
Cons
very little opportunities to advance
Overall Positive Experience
General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Tervis Tumbler Company makes double walled, insulated plastic cups which have a cult like following. True to their motto, the "Keep Hot Things Hot and Cold Things Cold" and there are virtually indestructible. I enjoyed working there and was sad to leave.
fun and productive
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 16, 2017
The typical day at work would include running reports for that days work load. I learned how to manage my time work load accordingly. Management was really good to around, everyone worked toward the same goal everyday. The hardest part was encouraging everyone. The most enjoyable part was just coming to work and doing the best I could do.
Pros
workplace culture
Cons
short breaks
Always thinking to the future
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 31, 2017
Been a rocky few years as expected with most business. Company has had to make some hard decisions but I feel that it has been for the good of the company and its longevity. Glad to be one of the survivors and hope to be part of the potential growth it has prepared for.
Positive, Encouraging place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 27, 2017
I've been allowed to use my own management style to create a successful location and have received positive reinforcement from my regional director. I feel like I have the support of my managers and home office.
Great Company, Grotesque Management
Key-holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 20, 2017
The company as a whole seemed well-off and heading in a sound business direction. However, the management was poorly trained and did not display any knowledge of people skills--whether it be towards the customers or the employees. The store in Asheville had a great location and a lot of foot-traffic--but the store manager and the assistant manager made this an unprofessional and uninhabitable work environment.
Pros
Variety of products, interesting customers
Cons
Management was horrid
friendly workplace
Graphic Support and Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  North Venice, FLJuly 9, 2017
My day consists of working on a cell decorating or welding cups and working with friends and co-workers. The hardest part is working indoors. As I get older I've realized that a factory is not where I want to be anymore and would like to work more from my home and try to advance my skills and make more money.
Pros
401k match, healthcare benefits
Family oriented culture with most easy-going leaders.
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 22, 2017
Tervis will do all they can to keep their employees happy and employed. Very relaxed work environment and awesome benefits. I am blessed to have called them my employer for over 5 years.
Fun@fast paced
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLJune 12, 2017
Loved that they gave me a chance even though I had to leave under circumstances but nice people @wonderful experience even though I was there for a short time
Day in the life of Cups
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 6, 2017
Workplace has a fun atmosphere. Learned a lot from the start from upper management. Store Management cared about you inside and outside of the workplace. Working as a team was the best part, the hardest part was dealing with the insincere staff.
Constant reorganization and downsizing.
office (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 1, 2017
This company was an energetic workplace when I first started but now morale is extremely low.

Unrealistic goals due to the volume of work and constant decreasing of staff.
no respect or appreciation for the workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 19, 2017
Once the company became successful they became greedy and forgot all about the people that made it possible which is the workers. It is all on who you know in there.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no respect or appreciation
Great product and history!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 19, 2017
Management could be improved, otherwise it was a fun place to work and spend my time. The hardest part of the job was trying to communicate with the store manager effectively. I gained a better understanding on how to go after large custom sales with different companies. The most enjoyable part of the job was selling the product everyday.
ok job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 16, 2017
This job is good but many changes were made to it when new people took over at corporate. The changes made me less motivated and you basically do the job of a manger with little pay.
horrible place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLMay 11, 2017
I wouldn't tell anyone to work here, management does whatever they want even watching videos on there computers, always on there phones even if your not allowed to. They will wright people us that don't small talk to them so fast even if they did the same thing as some one who sucks up to them. There is way to much favoritism that's so noticeable. and if your half way attractive and dress "cute" they will dress code you so bad, but people that are gross looking never get anything said to them. or of course if you sleep with any of the higher ups (which has happened A LOT) then you'll be fine in whatever you decide to where. they never give appreciation to those who work hard. Hard workers are treated the same as horrible worker. everyone gets the same raise even though they go off of "a point system" or "personal review". and that's if they even decide to give anyone a raise. It use to be a good place to work. it was enjoyable to go and work hard there and now it is just literally horrible. . it is a miserable place to work there's not even a point to work hard or try your best because they don't care. they will promise you things and then never do it. have you "fill in" a position for months with out that positions pay.
Pros
the discount.
Cons
everything
It's a cult
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 25, 2017
Cult-like atmosphere. The management will write you up and reprimand you for not making adequate small talk with them, and other petty grievances. They overcharge people they don't like. All in all a negative experience.
Amazing Company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Coconut Grove, FLApril 16, 2017
The best company to work for by far. Family run and owned. You feel truly appreciated. Everyday was full of fun and excitement and i am privileged to have worked for such a good company.
Pros
wellness reimbursement, bonuses, profit sharing, health insurance, paid vacation
Was an ok place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Osprey, FLApril 16, 2017
Just a simple thing to do just putting cups together for customers and companies. Very strict compliances but you have to follow what they wanted. Good job for starters thou.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Venice FloridaApril 12, 2017
Worked on production line making product put logos on the cups in glasses inspecting packing for the product to be ready to be shipped out to the customers
Shipping
Compliance Shipper/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Nokomis, FLMarch 8, 2017
It's a challenging job to assure all shipments are not only complete but follow each customers particular guidelines for shipment. I enjoy the team I work with we have great communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tervis. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9