Tervita Employee Reviews

laid off in January - loved job, great benefits
Solids Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
loved this job but due to oil prices falling in oil field, started laying down rigs end of last year and finally layed most of company off by January of this year. Learned about oil field on drilling side of business, how to process fluids from oil rig, clean thru a centerfuge machine and return back to system, transferred fluids daily on each shift, maintained all equipment daily, weekly, and monthly. Only disadvantage was being away from family but we adjusted to it, really loved this job, was pretty much my own boss and reported to supervisor daily with reports and status of work performed daily.
Pros
great job, pay, benefits
Cons
job security
Tervita is a great Company to work for.
Closed Loop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 7, 2015
I became lead supervisor looking over seven oil rigs, twenty eight centrifuge techs, five supervisors, and over twenty five million dollars worth of equipment.
Pros
Provided housing
Cons
Young, inexperianced Leadership
fun and balanced work and family time
solids controll (Former Employee) –  Township of Moon, PAJune 26, 2015
worked a 12 hours shift and worked 2 weeks and off 1 week. the people were nice and understanding. overall i really liked this company but they lost a lot of work.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
dont have any
Horrible
Hotoil Operator/ Frac Heater/ Propane Truck (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 18, 2015
They no longer working the Bakken and it is a good thing. Upper management had no clue as to what they were getting into when they bought up 3 highly profitable companies. No direction, No leadership. The only people that cared about it were the general workers that put a lot of effort into making it work in spite of Management. Alas they ran back up to Canada.
Pros
paid good
Cons
everything else
Good employees to work with
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2015
Managing a Treatment Recovery Disposal for Oilfield Environmental services was a hole new experience for me learning things like payroll approvals, purchasing, safety inspections, daily reports to Canada and the Rail Road commission of Texas. The co-worker had to have daily duty rosters. The hardest part of the jobs is being on call 24/7 even when you are on vacation. Meeting with customers and environmental management team.
Pros
doing employee appreciation lunches
Cons
Too many other management getting involved
competitive work
Solids Control Technician/ Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 24, 2015
we worked a min of 12hrs a day from 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am. its hard sometimes working in the elements but worth the wild. i enjoyed the pay and a 2 and 2 schedule. management was fair and co-workers were very nice
Pros
overtime pay
Cons
weather elements
great company
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2015
excellent company with great culture
great learning experience
Tervita
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 5, 2014
I worked in Colorado as a Supervisor and I loved it. I was ahead of many crews on the rigs, holding safety meetings, and learned that there has to be good communication between Management and other employees. The job was very rewarding to me, but the job was not secure. Tervita started losing a lot of rigs and needed a job more stable.
Developing Business
Trucking Manager (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 10, 2014
Business is growing and potential to be a successful business.
Safe and Productive work place.
Processing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Safe and productive work place. Daily operations went accordingly. Good work enviroment.
Bad Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 26, 2014
I was laid off today with no warning and a very minimum severance package. the company in itself is very poorly maintained. no equipment maintenance.
Pros
I cant think of any Pros for this company
Cons
friendly people, many different people to meet and great pay. mancamp avaliable for living for a small fee. your own room.
Hot oiler, fracking (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 4, 2014
Very friendly people, great pay, good insurance but a long way to travel and short visits to my home and family.
Pros
great pay, good insurance and great people
Cons
to far from my home and family. 21 to 1month out five days home a month.
Ok for nd
PLANT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 21, 2014
See resume; ive liked it enough to stay for 3 years in nd. Management changes hands often; and their other divisions are treated somewhat with better equipment etc...
Pros
RAPID ADVANCEMENT
Cons
ITS IN ND
fun workplace
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 25, 2014
company did not do what they say they are. Cut our pay twice in one year when we were promised raises.
Pros
company credit card
Cons
Other employee's are easy to relate to and work with.
Solids Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2014
Is a good company to break into the oilfield. Got certified on heavy equipment. rig truck. must be able to multitask. ability to learn a lot and vast.
Horrible Work Place - Management by Fear, Favoritism & Layoff
Former Employee (Current Employee) –  USAApril 17, 2014
Management is completely guided by fear and favoritism. Fear doesn't really work that well anymore because they haven't paid bonuses in two years and salaries are frozen so no raises are in the future either. Layoffs are the norm.

The company is losing business fast the people that have any sense are looking to leave. Except HR that is. HR rules with an iron fist. If you need something something do go to HR looking for help -- it will only get you fired.
Pros
a lot of vacation time
Cons
you can't use all the vacation time you get because you are doing the jobs of 3 people
Nice place to work
Lead IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  HOUSTON, TXMarch 19, 2014
Overall, it is a great place to work. Excellent leadership and management.
Worst employer ever
Solids control tech (Former Employee) –  Watsontown, PAMarch 12, 2014
I learned that this company doesnt care about their employees, they will do anything to get rid of them if/when they get injured on the job
Disconnected from Corp. office out of state
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMarch 1, 2014
I accepted a receptionist position to get my foot in the door. Tervita's mission of responsible energy exploration apealed to me. At the time of my employment the culture was about employee improvement and cultivating skills. However this changed with management change. Due to the corporate offices being out of state managers were allowed to make decisions reguarding their person preferences not on actual skill and productivity.
Pros
disconnected from corp. office
Cons
large company that has protental
Closed Loop Operator/Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 12, 2014
90 hrs/week. compensation is decent. 14 on/7 off schedule.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not much "home time"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tervita. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5