Tesco
2,025 reviews

Tesco Employer Reviews

Product and fun workplace
Duty Manager (Former Employee), London, OHJuly 24, 2014
Pros: lunch times are paid from pocket. surprises on birthdays.
Start of Day

Till Checks
Price Changes
Scan Out of stock products
Take in deliveries
Assign state to take of the day
Replenishment
Till pick-ups
Safe/vault checks
Regular till checks
Training (update staff folders)
Update company log
Shift change
Take customer complains if/when any arises
Investigate complains / miss products
Update Store manager
Stay away
QHSE (Former Employee), Lafayette, LaJuly 6, 2014
Pros: clean facility
Cons: poor corporate structure. weak management
Worked for this company and would not recommend them to anyone.
Represented them for multiple audits with major operators without proper support from corporate office. Forced to represent policies and procedures that weren't being utilized.
Was let go after completing audit with a canned "due to market decline there will be a reduction in workflow affective – more... today" explanation read from an iPhone.

Better options out there – less
Controller North America
Controller/Director - North American Business Unit (Former Employee), Houston, TxJune 2, 2014
Controller over 350 mill in revenue and all accounting functions for North America.
Loved the work
Stabber / Floor Hand (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 27, 2014
Employees and management was great to work for. Loved the fast paced, hard work. Looking to get back to the oilfield and work in high heat, fast paced, and a well managed company.
a great place to work
Programme Director (Current Employee), Shnaghai ChinaApril 17, 2014
Always arrive to office early, catch up on mail and social then spend the day coaching and mentoring people
Contracting
DAG Lead/Asst Database Administrator (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXApril 1, 2014
Had to hope to roll over to test after test. You did know when the test was going to be completed, so there was time to find another job.
Culture Clash
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 19, 2014
Pros: promotes from within
Cons: lack of support from management
TESCO has a lot of great people who really want the company to succeed, but there is an internal culture war between those who embrace change as the company grows, and those who resist it. Management's attitude can be hit or miss depending on the department or location, but overall employees at TESCO are expected to get the job done with no direction – more... or support. – less
Payroll Manager
Payroll Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
• Manage the processing of payroll for 700+ US employees’ and 500 Canadian employees’ biweekly using ADP Payforce and e-Time. Proficient in multi-state, multi-location payrolls.
• Manage and coordinate the activities of 2 payroll processors and multiple field administrators for both the US and Canada.
• Quarterly 941 payroll tax balancing and reconciliation, – more... as well as State income tax and state unemployment and annual 940 returns. Reconcile and process annual W-2 filings and W-2 corrections.
• Prepare and provide executive wage compensation to legal team for annual Proxy.
• Manage, process and record all common and restricted stock grants.
• Responsible for managing, reconciling and remitting 401K funds. Manage and process the annual 401K audit and form 5500 filing. Provide reporting to 401K TPA for annual discrimination and limit testing.
• Provide required documentation and process control information for internal and external audit groups. – less
Laid Back and Customer focused
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Tesco HouseJanuary 26, 2014
It was brilliant. As long as you did your best for the customer the management were happy with your work.
Tesco was a good place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee), DairyJanuary 24, 2014
At Tesco I had been there or two years while being here I was able to develop my team working skills, and this helped me a lot because with being able to work effectively as part of a team I was able to do my job as a customer assistant much better.

From being at Tesco I learnt how to manage my time much better because there was a lot of jobs that – more... needed to be done and I had to make sure that my time management was good to get all the jobs done I needed to do. – less
good company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), bagleyNovember 18, 2013
good company to work for and friendly staff and will help you get up the ladder to manegment
fun
cleaning (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 3, 2013
good not a bad place it was an nearning expeience. cosos ncool to work with
Challenging-was able to test new weaponry
Field Service Representative (Technician) (Current Employee), Fort Hood, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: helping the government and soldiers improve on weapons and tactics training
Cons: leaving
Typical work day: Starting our early-early mornings. After the morning greeting to "Everyone" (Close Company). Conduct numerous tests in a field or lab environment to collect data for the government for improvements to weapon systems.

Learned: Testing Procedures

Management: All my Supervisors were great to work for and to be around after work. They – more... shared their working knowledge.

Hardest part of the job: Leaving at the end of the day.

Enjoyable part of the job: Personnel & equipment working with. – less
Good advancement but job can override home time.
Dot Com Manager (Former Employee), Essex, UKOctober 22, 2013
Good job security with company benefits such as staff discount card and company shares.

Job advancement is sought after but managerial positions are time consuming and you tend to work past expected paid hours. This is not compensated for and seems to be the expected norm from senior staff/store manager.
Productive and fun workplace
Location Recorder (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYOctober 5, 2013
This job was an unbelieveable experience working with our soldiers and ensuring their safety in these vehicles.
supermarket
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Assistent Customer Care/Shelf fillerOctober 3, 2013
Pros: could learn to go forward in your job.
Cons: working nights
I enjoyed working here because I learn't a grate deal from there as to customer service also job satisfaction.
N/A
Intern/Full-time (Former Employee), Houston, TexasSeptember 24, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Contract job
Test Plans Analyst I (Former Employee), Fort Knox, KYAugust 15, 2013
Pay was good but it was a govt contract so after the contract expires, it back to unemployment
manager
SECTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Dublin, DJuly 10, 2013
tesco was for me more then my own family.I worked hard,sometime a 10-12 hours shift but I enjoyed...everything you do is so easy when you have a friendly people beside .
My boss is great to work for and I enjoy work/life balance.
Global Asset Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2013
Good place to work for. I have serveral friends that I enjoy working with on daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tesco

Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations – Read more