Tesco Employee Reviews

good place
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKDecember 10, 2017
Good job show up to the job site on time and perform the duties thats asked of you. I workrd out of my house so was my own boss so that made the job more enjoyable..
Pros
free lunches
benefits
tesco
FIELD SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  North Slope, AK and Midland TXNovember 6, 2017
stayed busy , averaged about 100 hours a week. There was plenty to learn and take on in different parts of the oil field. plenty of money to be made , Tesco usually shoots for the better work from bigger companies. Great company when it comes to safety.
Pros
plenty of hours and a safe company to work for.
Cons
a lot of travel involved.
Basic office environment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2017
I was an accounting clerk that worked closely with the auditors. I was required to reconcile suspense accounts. I learned a lot about accounting in this position.
Challenging daily work schedule
Store Technician (Current Employee) –  EssexOctober 20, 2017
Every day is different. Repair & maintenace of store facilities requires a calm and experience.
Providing retail team with support to provide results the company require.
Working with senior retail team gives a feeling of being part of something great.
Pros
Generous holiday package
Cons
Inconsistent maintenance structure
Best Co-op Job i've had
Casing Drilling Engineering Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
TESCO definitely accommodated me well while i was doing my degree and i stayed loyal to the company and its management until the CEO retired. This was definitely a fun and amazing place to work, learn and grow in the industry.
Tesco Property
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden CityOctober 9, 2017
After working for the company for a number of years. The management and direction of the company to centralise back to the UK had impacted on capital and redundancies.

The Property department became increasingly unfocused on the core programme and the maintenance of the estate.

Much of the senior management was hugely inexperienced and many of the long serving managers were let go.

Though I enjoyed my time in the early years, the last few have challenging.
Pros
Great people, benefits ok
Cons
Poor leadership, work life balance, lack of advancement
Safety coordinator
QHSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 2, 2017
I travelled weekly while working for Tesco. I liked the travel and the different shops I visited weekly. Upper management had their own ideas how to run the shops, but no idea what really went on and the challenges you had at each location.
job in the UK
Pharmacy assistant/Dispensing trainee (Former Employee) –  HuntingdonSeptember 5, 2017
I was hoping to learn more from my position, but training was very slow and hands on learning was not consistent. I did appreciate what I did learn in the short 2 years I was there.
great place to work
Government Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 1, 2017
for the record, the company i'm talking about is tesco (test support contractors), which does government contract work for the U.S. military. pay was amazing, benefits to match. great people and management. it's the one job i wish i could have forever
Pros
everything
Cons
none i can think of
One of my favourite jobs
Driver (Former Employee) –  KentAugust 30, 2017
Although the pay wasn't good, this was such a stress free job. You go in, get your van pack and out you go with the sopping. Come back and head home. Stress free.

Want to know more about Tesco?

Ask a question
Restructure Needed
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 29, 2017
TESCO has many good things about them, but poor Management and lack of Corporate office support and/guidance is their Achilles heal.

One manager was the backbone of the facility I worked at but his Supervisor who was over multiple locations lacked the backbone to do what was needed and right in many situations as he seemed to be in self preservation mode for his own position.

Still an old Boys club with favoritism for groups of individuals within the organization while others were often overlooked.

Time to Clean House and get back to their true potential.
Pros
Many good Employees
Cons
Poor Corporate Structure and Lack of Management Support
Stressful Job
Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 21, 2017
Poor management was the issue at Tesco. There was a lot of conflict of interest with the Manager and his family. Very unfair management team. They played favorites when it came to going on offshore jobs.
Pros
good money when you actually worked.
Cons
unfair managemnet team.
Productive work
Personal Shopper (Former Employee) –  Factory LaneAugust 15, 2017
I didn't like the hours i worked as they were from 3am to 11am, however the pay was really good and i enjoyed pushing the trolley around and seeing what deals tesco had at the time
Pros
An in store shop with discounts on groceries for employees
Cons
Long hours & no transport to work because of the times
Average
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Health and BeautyAugust 5, 2017
It has its ups and downs like every job. I am not particularly impressed within this one, as in my opinion working in tesco is more about relationships than being professional. In other words, if your manager doesn't like you for any reason, you're going to get victimised. Although I believe every job is all about that these days.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Super place to work
Automation & Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2017
Great place to work, great work atmosphere, friendly co.workers, lot of opportunity for personal growth and career development:
Drafting, design, engineering, project management, estimator, sales, ... you name it, and go for it!
Pros
Lot of opportunity for personal and career development, drafting, engineering, project management, sales
Cons
Compensation could be better
Productive and fast paced
Executive Assistant to COO (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2017
Tesco was, at least my position was fast paced. I learned Visio at Tesco and how to do org charts. I was also able to hone my skills in Power Point.
money is good but the managment is not
Floor Hand/ Tong Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJuly 13, 2017
working for them is good money and hours but they screw you as soon as you get off a job they say your ok to go home as soon as you get home they call you right back out
Pros
good money
Cons
being on call
Tesco Controls,Inc
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between the HR manager and his subordinates. The workplace culture was very laid back. We had christmas parties and the CEO would give gifts to employees.
Tesco is a great environment and a very stable job
Fabricator Painter Electrical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 20, 2017
Typically working at Tesco is very pleasant and informative. I have learned a lot and continue to grow in the company. Mostly, I enjoy all of the welding and building that I get to do for the company. The management is extremely friendly and positive for the entire crew. All around amazing place to work.
Top drive mechanic
Top Drive field Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
The most difficult part of this job was having to stay on job site locations in excess of 30 plus days at a time. The easiest part of the job was that the systems were not difficult to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.