Tesco Employee Reviews

Tesco is a great company to work for.
Payroll - Human Resourse Admin (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJuly 26, 2016
My typical day consisted of anything from answering phones to payroll to handling human resource issues. I also helped the employees in any way that I could, being a listening ear or showing them how to improve on their payroll entries. Working with accounts payable and receivables was also part of my job duties. The management there was great, very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of my job was explaining to employees the decisions that had to be made on behalf of the company. I enjoyed working at Tesco because the employees were like family to me. I enjoyed hearing about their goals and their struggles and was glad to be able to assist them in anyway.
Pros
Family Oriented, Great Salary, Snacks, Parking
Cons
Establishing new vendors, 401k matchup
Driving
Driver (Former Employee) –  CheshireSeptember 29, 2016
Good company but I wanted to get back into management. And progress in my career
Also it was hard to progress through to another career as it was very clicke
Pros
Good pay
Cons
their eye is focused on the ball but they have a good work / life balance
Sales Application Engineer & Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2016
the company is focused on the customer and getting them what they need in a timely matter , but they are also focused on treating there owner employee's right knowing that they are who got them there in the first place.
Pros
Nice people, quarterly company wide breakfast meetings, holiday dinner, company picnic, employee golf outing, semi coffee company come in for free coffee.
Cons
work long hours, tight dead lines
Great Company
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 20, 2017
I have worked at Tesco for a short time and am only leaving due to personal reasons. I would recommend Tesco to anyone. It is a very stable and growing company. The ESOP is something new to me but it is a great thing. No other companies I have worked at have offered this.

Their training program is being worked on to get better. I loved the idea of working a period of time in the shop prior to doing engineering work. You build relationships and can see what the shop guys have to deal with on a daily basis.
could be better
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Ponders EndNovember 6, 2016
Management is a bit hit and miss.
Staff very friendly and supportive
The support for welfare is not very
well put together.
And support for promotion is not
positively supported.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
Many contract hour changes
great place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  ChestfieldFebruary 21, 2017
great place to work,very unstanding employer,do everthing to help you in your carrer . one of the best places ive worked very friendly management..they help you with everthing in warehouse..
everything
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  SloughJanuary 11, 2017
Recognizes the needs of others and reaches out to lend a helping hand
Establishes effective working relationships
Generates synergy
Builds on mutual dependence and understanding
Promotes the company culture among peers
A Very Personable Company
Administrative Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2017
This company is a small business with a family oriented vibe. Its a great start for hard work. This company will show you things you never paid attention to before. These things can be used in more than one aspect in the work world.
Pros
Employee owned company
Cons
No real annual review process progress
On the go industry.
Test Plans Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 13, 2016
Good work experience, able to test and see new equipment. Learn a lot about what it takes to run a project. The people are mixed with kind and smart personality. Management is very good with employees. Get to travel to different states and meet new people.
fun but hard
general assistant replenishment team nights (Former Employee) –  health & beauty nightsFebruary 14, 2017
all delivery of stock to be dragged on to shop floor and decanted onto shelves all back stock to be worked onto shelves this has to be done in a set time
Pros
good team atmosphere
Cons
keeping to targets set by your line manager
professional place to work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  London, OHFebruary 25, 2017
I had a very good experience working in tesco ,the colleague were good n professional.
My store manager helped me alot in learning new thingfs and growing with the company
Company isn't worth Woking fot
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 23, 2015
Company has poor management and has thrown safety out the window. It used to be a great company but it went downhill. I would not recommended working for this company under current management especially if you are a CDL driver because they will try to get you to go out of compliance. Salaries are very poor and only upper management is paid well. They do not pay what a CDL driver is supposed to make.
Pros
Cons
poor management, poor safety, poor compensation
oil & Gas industrial
Construction & Commissioning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  AssaluoyehFebruary 21, 2017
8hr per Day in work day with out holiday
learning construction & Commissioning & Start Up Refinery
Managing And Coordination
Hard working
Productive and fun place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 13, 2013
A typical day at work is energizing, receiving calls from customers, receiving orders, preparing quotes and bids, following up with customers. I learned to do business with the Caribbean Islands, very nice and polite people. Management is super energized and always smiling, fun atmosphere. Co-workers are the best, supportive and friendly. The hardest part of the job was to hurry up to meet deadlines because bids need to arrive on time and shipping documents needs to be planned. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see our boss happy and appreciative of our work.
Pros
Free annual party, bonus, good pay, annual raise.
Cons
No cons
Company has moved.
Labor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, VANovember 21, 2016
The whole operation has relocated. I am not sure on the current location of the office. I did enjoy working for them however. Would gladly do so again.
Payroll Manager
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2014
• Manage the processing of payroll for 700+ US employees’ and 500 Canadian employees’ biweekly using ADP Payforce and e-Time. Proficient in multi-state, multi-location payrolls.
• Manage and coordinate the activities of 2 payroll processors and multiple field administrators for both the US and Canada.
• Quarterly 941 payroll tax balancing and reconciliation, as well as State income tax and state unemployment and annual 940 returns. Reconcile and process annual W-2 filings and W-2 corrections.
• Prepare and provide executive wage compensation to legal team for annual Proxy.
• Manage, process and record all common and restricted stock grants.
• Responsible for managing, reconciling and remitting 401K funds. Manage and process the annual 401K audit and form 5500 filing. Provide reporting to 401K TPA for annual discrimination and limit testing.
• Provide required documentation and process control information for internal and external audit groups.
Buyer II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2014
A typical day includes putting out a lot of fires due to lack of planning in other departments.
I have learned how to multi-task extremely well because of this though. I have had a variety of managers never one with the same style of managing from this I've learned many different techniques and ways of doing things.
My co-workers have all been awesome for the most part.
hardest part of the job is learning new product lines because you aren't given many resources and the most enjoyable part of the job has been getting to know everyone and watching the company grow and continue to grow.
Pros
great benefits, easy going
Cons
high management turnover rate
Once I became a lead man. My workers really respected me because I had the best safety record. Due to my extensive training and schooling.
Tech 2 supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 4, 2014
Prior job organization, Safety meetings, an overall scope of work before starting the job. Checking all company tools as well as personal tools. The learning and schooling was phenomenal. Management was great. Co-workers listened very well because if there wasn't proper communication someone would get hurt, and lots of us have families. Going home in one piece was very important. Hardest part was, weeks on end, job after job after job. The most jobs I did was eleven in a row. Which each job took three to seven days, with no days off can be pretty tire some. The most enjoyable part was going home safely knowing no one got hurt, because I did my job the best I could. That's a very rewarding feeling.
Pros
Willing to be patient with me so I could become a team leader and work safely and efficiently.
Cons
The benefits weren't so good, also being on call 24/7 was kinda hard at times, but the hours and pay checks were Great!
persekitaran kerja yang baik
Assistant Chief Cashier (Former Employee) –  malaysiaJuly 13, 2016
tempat kerja yang baik dan seronok. pekerja memberi tunjuk ajar yang bagus untuk melakukan kerja. pengurusan syarikat tersebut membuat saya selesa untuk berkerja dengan mereka. bahagian yang paling sukar ketika kerja adalah ketika berhadapan dengan pelanggan yang bermasalah. kerja yang paling membuat saya seronok adalah ketika melakukan kerja bersama semua pekerja iaitu mengira stok syarikat tersebut.
Pros
percuma makanan ketika bulan puasa
Cons
kekerungan pekerja
soso
Engineer (Former Employee) –  huostonAugust 16, 2016
Most People are great to work with and great to get along along with but upper management makes work very stressful! co workers are great until the stress breaks them. dealing with upper management.
Pros
money
Cons
Upper Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesco. Our community is ready to answer.