tesla motors

tesla motors Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work envvironment
Production Associate (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Nice break room with free snacks and drinks
Cons: Too much politics involved with advancement
Innovative company. International influence of consumers. Long work hours and politics plays a big role in advancement
Given the opportunity I would be an exellcent and hard worker
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Exellcent company that I feel I would want to work for
Cons: Not getting a job
Given the opportunity I would like the chance to show the abilities I have to offer and any experience that I may have the chance to learn here at Tesla Motors
I enjoyed working for Tesla
Production Technician- Plastics Sub-Assembly (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Pays well with excellent benefits
Cons: Very time consuming
Sign in. Team meeting for goals, improvement, what to work on, etc. I learned teamwork and how to assemble a front and rear car bumper. My head manager, she awesome, fair and hard working. Didn't just bark orders but pulled her weight. The hardest part was coming in everyday for 7 days with 12 hour shifts. Was build life long friendships with coworkers.
Fast paced environment
Group Leader (Former Employee), Fremont, CAJune 15, 2015
Working with several departments throughout the day, engineering, robotics, PLC support, project teams, safety.
We practiced lean manufacturing practices daily, practiced problem solving to reduce problems and increase efficiency, improve quality of the product.

Hardest part of the job was the lack of work life balance. We worked more than 12 hours everyday and often six days a week.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to change and improve. The people working there are very motivated and passionate about their jobs.
Awesome product, subpar management
Owner Advisor (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 8, 2015
Pros: Driving Teslas
Cons: Management
The products are undeniable but the management is lacking communication. This can easily be alleviated by having upper management experience the ground level for themselves.
horrible place to work!!!!!
Paint Shop Employee (Former Employee), fremont, caJune 3, 2015
Pros: its a job
Cons: its tesla
if you decide to work be prepared to hurt all the time. be prepared to never spend time with your family because you will be working all the time. if your not working then you will go home spend a couple of hour with family and then go to bed. you will never work a 40 hour week. you will never be able to make plans for the weekend because you will most likely be forced to work.
Continuous change, great clients, and a fun environment to work.
EV Product Specialist and Trainer (Former Employee), Springfield, NJJune 1, 2015
• Working with all the clients who purchased an EV Tesla was great experience. They were always on top of all details of their vehicle.
• The constant program change kept me on my toes at every second. Changes happen all the time and at Tesla you need to know the change before and right when it happens.
• Tesla staff were extremely helpful. I called other locations in other states and they were great.
• Coordinated all aspects of the final transaction, including receipt of final payment and ensuring completeness of purchase, financing and registration documents.
• Regularly updated the CRM system to ensure accurate and timely delivery information is available to management.
• Contributed ideas toward improving the Tesla experience, as well as back end processes and procedures.
• Demonstrated a mastery of all Tesla products and services, as well as local incentives for EV owners.
• Kept up with industry trends to improve Tesla programming and special features.
• Managed hundreds of clientele portfolios by utilizing SalesForce, Appointments Plus, and Warp Drive.
Interesting fast past
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 29, 2015
Pros: free brakfast
Cons: too fast pased
Out of control they are in purchasing and material control.

No purchasing guidelines or control in the Spares department
Benefits?
Production Associate in Plastics Center (Current Employee), Fremont CaliforniaMay 26, 2015
Pros: free cereal
Cons: same cereal
Tesla offers benefits... That is about it. Management is none existent and the company seems to thrive on the idea that someone else will do it.
Demanding work schedule challenges life balance
Manufacturing/Sustaining/Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Fremont CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Limited free breakfast items and softdrinks; varied work assignments
Management constantly pushes for more from each individual which affects life balance. Ten-twelve-hour days are not uncommon, as are working weekends and holidays. Management struggles to set sustainable goals. Benefit package is somewhat below industry average.
Overworked, No raises, Unsafe, Treated like a robot
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The funny thing about this place is everything from the CEO to his management because they are all a joke!! They sell you this dream about being part of something great but in reality it's the most horrible place that I've ever worked. I have never worked at a sweatshop until I worked here so I will more then appreciate my next employer because I doubt it will be a fraction of how bad this place is to work. It's not safe for employees at all there osha reportables are through the roof and there is people that been there for two plus years without a raise and the famous line they must teach the management to say is JUST HANG IN THERE THINGS WILL GET BETTER. So, if this is a place you would like to work best advice I can give you is apply at your own risk!
Horrible supervision
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee), LathropApril 7, 2015
a typical day at Tesla Motors, Lathrop. we come in and get all our PPE from our company vending machines, after we have our daily meeting where we discuss what machines are running and which ones are down. We then get told what part we will be machining. Once we know where we go we then prepare that machine and go through daily procedures as for checking all parts of the machine are fully functional. we then run production the rest of the shift.
Learning new things everyday
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Fast paced
Cons: Temporary
A typical day for me at Tesla was reporting to the human resources department where my supervisor would have several tasks waiting for me. Some of the tasks include general office work, such as, filing, copies, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always work to be done therefore, my day went by very quickly. Also, the people were friendly.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great workers and easy to get along with
Cons: Supervisor wasn't so good at being a supervisor
Employee's were very friendly, got along with a lot of employee's. Supervisor should have been more involved in team's work, or lend a helping hand when slammed with work! Supervisor just wasn't good at being a supervisor!
Fast paced but greatest experience
Product Specialist, I (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 23, 2015
The greatest company to work for period. I enjoyed every single day on the job. Sometimes work was demanding; however, overall it was a rewarding experience.
Productive workplace with some flaws
Facilities Assistant Technician (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 17, 2015
Cons: 60 hour work weeks is very common.
Management was sub-par at best. The higher up's need learn to keep their team's happy and motivated. A happy workplace is a productive and efficient workplace. The tactic of intimidation is very much used here and it was rare for an employee to last more than 6 months.

My co-workers were amazing. Everybody was very supportive and willing to drop what they were working on to lend a hand. I couldn't express my love anymore for most of the people I worked with.

My favorite part of my job actually going to work. I loved working for Tesla and my untimely exit definitely blindsided me and I can't say that I regret any of the decisions I've made to lead up to this point. I've learned a tremendous amount of knowledge working there and it'll only benefit me further in my career.
If you enjoy a work/life balance, look elsewhere.
Owner Advisor (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 10, 2015
Tesla is cool company to say you work for, but unfortunately employees are treated that way. Management will intimidate you and make you feel like just a number that is easily replaceable. There is no work/life balance and you will be underpaid compared to other Silicon Valley companies. Working at Tesla has taught be great ways to NOT manage employees.
Great Workplace Environment
Production Lead BIW (Current Employee), Fremont,CAMarch 6, 2015
if there were a free food programs and a better system of communication it would be great, the bad thing about working for a start is that everything ends up being a test and there always lost of hard changes to deal with.
great vehicle production system and good enviorment to work in
Production Associate (Former Employee), fremont, caMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good work place and an overall good team to be on
Cons: lots of 6 and 7 day work weeks
I really enjoyed my time at tesla. on a typical day for me I would start at 4:30pm and work til 1-2am. for a limited time we were working 12 hour days because the demand for the tesla was so high and the company was just starting out so we had to produce. the management that I worked for was the best ive ever worked for. they really listened to the employees input so we had a real chance to make a difference here and change things for the better. all my co workers were good guys and we all worked well together. the hardest part of my job there was handleing some of the heavier material that was big and ackward like job 6 for instrance. but the most enjoyable part for me was driving the fork lift and unloading trucks with new material on them. I also would organize all the material onto shelves throughout the warehouse.
Fun environment but lacking employee compassion
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great facility, great co workers and benefits
Cons: irregular overtime, poor weekly forecasting
This job is very awarding and it facilitates a great work environment based on teamwork and hard work. Conversely there isn't much say in terms of stability on hours. Whether you have kids at home or even in the event of a tragic event such as a death in family, medical issues, etc they expect you to work and to work when they say. If numbers are low then expect to work the entire month or even two months without a day off. They also schedule mandatory days of on key days to avoid paying double time for all your work. You can only monitor your pay in house and if they feel like telling you to work 12-16hrs you are expected to work without question. Most of this is known and expected but to the degree the will utilize this is unprecedented. I had gotten sick a month after the final quarter of my last year and was released shortly after my release from the hospital. Lack of human understanding when addressing personal issues. Numbers rule and are more important despite their claims.

1 2 3 4

About tesla motors

Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company designs, manufactures, – Read more

tesla motors Salaries