Tesla Motors Employee Reviews

Work place
Tool and Die Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 27, 2016
Tesla is a place to work if you take a lot of time off. But if you are looking to improve your skills or even your pay look elsewhere for a job. Thanks for reading
good job,
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 23, 2016
best co workers and environment to work , we have coffee, cereal, drinks and food sometimes for free. I enjoy what I do everyday.
opportunity to grown
good benefits
Tesla motors
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 21, 2016
Tesla motors is a good company. if you don't mind working 12 hour days 6 days a week. keep in mind you will have no time to do anything else, friends,family,wife,husband you will have to sacrifice a lot. if your a single person and have no significant other then this is perfect job. they pay very well and have lots of benefits.you even get stocks if you stay the full 4 years. management is good.
Pros
fantastic pay
Cons
no life
What a joke.
Production Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 17, 2016
This company is FAR from honest with their customers. Rude trainers who don't believe that people should be able to make emergency phone calls, and if you don't fit their fold, they'll kick you out. If you have a strength in Data Entry, but was hired as Production, which is a weaker strength, they'll fire you instead of putting you where your strengths are. That's precisely what happened to me.

Extremely discriminatory regarding people who have pain syndromes. I waited 2 months for this job, forsaking other employers, despite being hired back in June, I couldn't start until August 18th, and lasted for nearly 2 weeks. Terrible company, there is no love for their employees, and no love for their customers. All they care about is image. I wish I could say more, but I'd end up breaking my NDA.
Pros
None.
Cons
Terrible managers, terrible work/life bonus, petty supervisors, lies to customers, inflexible, horrible HR.
Hard place to work
REMANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 17, 2016
Long hours, Repeat work,very fast work area, and very heavy work.
I learn alot from tesla motors and i knew how to build car from A to Z.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVSeptember 14, 2016
Tesla has been a great opportunity and I wish I could have stayed longer. The teams are excellent and management is very supportive. Overall outstanding company.
Hired on to improve there performances and when we did they layed me off for lack of work
Data Team Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 10, 2016
5am start time meeting every morning for Electricians and Data team members. we leave about 540am to collect equipment that we will need for the days job. Then take a cart to the level job is and once we would find our pillar and IDF and Jboxes and Racks and servers working with switches labeling correctly and running CAT5 liines from the IDF up 60 feet into the ceiling and along side the beams using ladders or scissor lifts even booms. We would run between 2 to 14 lines from one point to another before that we were installing and hanging security cameras.
Pros
They provided tools and free soft drinks all day, and coffee.
Cons
no future at all, and nothing but overworked employees from what I saw.
fast past environment with lots of over time
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538September 4, 2016
very fast past working job with a lot of over time. Employees were very respectful, the management was excellent and everyone worked as a team.
As far as the hardest part, i would say nothing about the job was difficult. Everything was very organized and well managed. My most enjoyable part of the job was the money that was coming in from all those 12 hour shifts.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, 12 hour shifts mon-fri and some saturdays
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 2, 2016
Warehouse/ manufacturing
My job was to assemble the spine of the battery pack and making sure all parts are in their proper places so it can move forward in the assembly line process with no defaults.
Had worked in a team to get our job done in a safe and timely manner
● production worker Keeping count of all ship outs
● Safety first wearing all protective gear in workplace
● Battery pack assembler
● Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule ( load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Good Job
Operations (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 31, 2016
Great co-workers that make you stay! Rarely have the same day happen twice. It is not a start-up atmosphere as marketed, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Pros
Compensation is good
Cons
no WLB, poor management
Tesla is growing but I'm looking for a more stable company to start a career
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 29, 2016
Tesla is a company with a potentially bright future. However after 3.5 years at the company I have not seen enough opportunity for advancement to better myself or my family.
Pros
Benefit packages
Cons
Advancement opportunities
productive..i love the company
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 25, 2016
it was a good job i report in at 5 pm i worked in the plastic department i cut and trim front and rear bumpers then weld the light brackets on it was a break every 2 hrs and i got an 1 hr lunch an i was off at 2am it was a nice friendly work environment
I didn't work at Tesla Motors
I didn't work here (Former Employee) –  Nowhere, OKAugust 22, 2016
I worked at Tesla Exploration. Indeed required me to rate Tesla Motors in order to upload my resume, so I rated it a 5. To be fair, Tesla Motors is probably a great company. This is awkward.
I learned something new everyday
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 20, 2016
I learned a new task everyday that I was able to take home and apply in my day to day life, my co-workers were all very helpful and a pleasure to work with
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 17, 2016
Great place to work. Love the hours and the quality of workmanship. Great leaders with excellent backgrounds to carry their titles. The future is with tesla
Fast pace and over work sometimes.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 17, 2016
I think it's a good to work for if you are working as an engineer not as production worker. It is very stressful and not enough break to be productive.
Pros
Cool cars and free breakfast
Cons
no parking, long hours work 12hrs per day
Exciting company to work for.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 13, 2016
Work varied on a weekly basis, between building and testing newly designed test equipment for the Tesla Powers Electric Drive Systems, Installing Test equipment, Building wiring harnesses, trouble shooting and repair of equipment. Worked with an outstanding manager and several seasoned engineers. Loved the challenge of developing new equipment. Hardest part was working with new engineers just out of college with no real life experience in electronic circuitry and wiring.
Pros
Part of building up a new manufacturing facility.
Cons
Finished building up Power Train Manufacturing Department.
exciting, but tumultuous.
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 9, 2016
Fun but exhausting. Daily Production is a challenge but if you can survive, everything else is a breeze, good people, great working relationships. Blessed to have started with this Company and helped it be successful Just ready for a change.
productive and very fast paced work enviroment
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 9, 2016
a very long stressful 12 hour shift day, very consistent work. work/life management. free breakfast. no parking, come early
Good people but mundane work tasks
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 9, 2016
There is no difference in the multiple things that customers ask about nor the tasks that are required while not on the showroom floor. Can become very slow when customer facing, but you are around very interesting products that are American made.
Pros
experience Tesla first hand

2.8