tesla motors

tesla motors Employee Reviews

Demanding work schedule challenges life balance
Manufacturing/Sustaining/Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Fremont CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Limited free breakfast items and softdrinks; varied work assignments
Management constantly pushes for more from each individual which affects life balance. Ten-twelve-hour days are not uncommon, as are working weekends and holidays. Management struggles to set sustainable goals. Benefit package is somewhat below industry average.
Overworked, No raises, Unsafe, Treated like a robot
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The funny thing about this place is everything from the CEO to his management because they are all a joke!! They sell you this dream about being part of something great but in reality it's the most horrible place that I've ever worked. I have never worked at a sweatshop until I worked here so I will more then appreciate my next employer because I doubt it will be a fraction of how bad this place is to work. It's not safe for employees at all there osha reportables are through the roof and there is people that been there for two plus years without a raise and the famous line they must teach the management to say is JUST HANG IN THERE THINGS WILL GET BETTER. So, if this is a place you would like to work best advice I can give you is apply at your own risk!
Horrible supervision
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee), LathropApril 7, 2015
a typical day at Tesla Motors, Lathrop. we come in and get all our PPE from our company vending machines, after we have our daily meeting where we discuss what machines are running and which ones are down. We then get told what part we will be machining. Once we know where we go we then prepare that machine and go through daily procedures as for checking all parts of the machine are fully functional. we then run production the rest of the shift.
Learning new things everyday
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Fast paced
Cons: Temporary
A typical day for me at Tesla was reporting to the human resources department where my supervisor would have several tasks waiting for me. Some of the tasks include general office work, such as, filing, copies, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was that there was always work to be done therefore, my day went by very quickly. Also, the people were friendly.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great workers and easy to get along with
Cons: Supervisor wasn't so good at being a supervisor
Employee's were very friendly, got along with a lot of employee's. Supervisor should have been more involved in team's work, or lend a helping hand when slammed with work! Supervisor just wasn't good at being a supervisor!
Fast paced but greatest experience
Product Specialist, I (Former Employee), Brea, CAMarch 23, 2015
The greatest company to work for period. I enjoyed every single day on the job. Sometimes work was demanding; however, overall it was a rewarding experience.
Productive workplace with some flaws
Facilities Assistant Technician (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 17, 2015
Cons: 60 hour work weeks is very common.
Management was sub-par at best. The higher up's need learn to keep their team's happy and motivated. A happy workplace is a productive and efficient workplace. The tactic of intimidation is very much used here and it was rare for an employee to last more than 6 months.

My co-workers were amazing. Everybody was very supportive and willing to drop what they were working on to lend a hand. I couldn't express my love anymore for most of the people I worked with.

My favorite part of my job actually going to work. I loved working for Tesla and my untimely exit definitely blindsided me and I can't say that I regret any of the decisions I've made to lead up to this point. I've learned a tremendous amount of knowledge working there and it'll only benefit me further in my career.
If you enjoy a work/life balance, look elsewhere.
Owner Advisor (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAMarch 10, 2015
Tesla is cool company to say you work for, but unfortunately employees are treated that way. Management will intimidate you and make you feel like just a number that is easily replaceable. There is no work/life balance and you will be underpaid compared to other Silicon Valley companies. Working at Tesla has taught be great ways to NOT manage employees.
Great Workplace Environment
Production Lead BIW (Current Employee), Fremont,CAMarch 6, 2015
if there were a free food programs and a better system of communication it would be great, the bad thing about working for a start is that everything ends up being a test and there always lost of hard changes to deal with.
great vehicle production system and good enviorment to work in
Production Associate (Former Employee), fremont, caMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good work place and an overall good team to be on
Cons: lots of 6 and 7 day work weeks
I really enjoyed my time at tesla. on a typical day for me I would start at 4:30pm and work til 1-2am. for a limited time we were working 12 hour days because the demand for the tesla was so high and the company was just starting out so we had to produce. the management that I worked for was the best ive ever worked for. they really listened to the employees input so we had a real chance to make a difference here and change things for the better. all my co workers were good guys and we all worked well together. the hardest part of my job there was handleing some of the heavier material that was big and ackward like job 6 for instrance. but the most enjoyable part for me was driving the fork lift and unloading trucks with new material on them. I also would organize all the material onto shelves throughout the warehouse.
Fun environment but lacking employee compassion
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great facility, great co workers and benefits
Cons: irregular overtime, poor weekly forecasting
This job is very awarding and it facilitates a great work environment based on teamwork and hard work. Conversely there isn't much say in terms of stability on hours. Whether you have kids at home or even in the event of a tragic event such as a death in family, medical issues, etc they expect you to work and to work when they say. If numbers are low then expect to work the entire month or even two months without a day off. They also schedule mandatory days of on key days to avoid paying double time for all your work. You can only monitor your pay in house and if they feel like telling you to work 12-16hrs you are expected to work without question. Most of this is known and expected but to the degree the will utilize this is unprecedented. I had gotten sick a month after the final quarter of my last year and was released shortly after my release from the hospital. Lack of human understanding when addressing personal issues. Numbers rule and are more important despite their claims.
Exciting, sometimes exhausting learning experience
Sr. Technical Recruiter - Research and Development (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: working with brilliant people, free cereal/coffee/tea/fruit, great benefits
Cons: unprofessional, crass, borderline abusive, entire recruiting program is an hr nightmare.
A typical day at work starts around 7AM, and lasts until roughly 7PM, Monday through Friday. Being at the office so much has given me the opportunity to not only form tight bonds with my coworkers, but also with the Engineering staff that I support. This much exposure to working with such brilliant Engineering teams has enabled me to ramp-up quickly and be successful well ahead of schedule.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I hold Recruiting Management in such high regard. They have built a culture of fear and paranoia that is so visceral and palpable on a daily basis that you come in every day expecting it to be your last. It is not uncommon to hear statements such as "nobody here cares about you, who you are, your feelings, your opinions, nothing". This treatment is often doled out in front of the entire group, leading to a system of management that I would consider to be public shaming in order to gain compliance.

While my experience at Tesla has had it's fair share of frustration, overall I am happy. I just don't feel that it is a long term move for me. I would like to find somewhere that I can spend the next 2-4 years or more. I just don't see that happening in my current position as the most senior recruiter on staff. I have no upward mobility, and don't feel as though the role is the best fit for me.
Exciting place to work
Sr. Program Mgr. - Packaging Systems (Current Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very demanding of your time
Very dynamic and fast paced environment. This position has allowed me the opportunity to own all facets of the packaging development process from cradle to grave. A typical day at Tesla is never the same as the previous day. There's a wide range of responsibility from preparing business case analysis for returnable packaging to return of investments to physical packaging audits on the manufacturing floor in the efforts to improve inbound logistics. Tesla still has a start up mentality so all managers are typically working managers and get their hands dirty. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the demand expedited nature of the company. This can make things difficult on the personal front. All and all a great experience, with great co-workers and wonderful benefits and compensation package.
Great enviorment with smart and driven people
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
I would recommend working at Tesla to anyone who is interested with technology and cars. They offer a uniqe experience and the company is growing at a very fast pace!
Overgrown start up with no perks
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 4, 2015
The company is full of smart employees who are passionate about the mission. Employees can be over worked with no perks. Free cereal and pretzels but nothing glamarous like other large tech companies in the Silicon Vally or start ups in SF.
Good paying job but too many unnecessary work days
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CADecember 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, free breakfast, good benefits
Cons: bad management
The company itself takes care of their workers and makes sure they are happy throughout the workday.You are given access to free fountain drinks, juices, milk, coffee, and cereal. When I worked there though their were too many times I showed up for work only to be sent home because of a lack of parts to be refinished. Not only would I be sent home but then work would be scheduled that weekend to make up for those missed days. A notice would not be given to the workers to tell them to not to come in. Instead we would waste our time and money on gas going all the way to work only to be sent home.
Too much pressure for QA
BI QA Analyst (Former Employee), Fremont, CANovember 17, 2014
Cons: no cafeteria
As no processes are in place, QA struggles a lot fixing minute development issues. Developers have better job opportunities
Hard work, demanding hours, amazing product
NPI Material Planner (Current Employee), Fremont, CaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: amazing projects
Cons: extremely long hours, very stressful work environment with demanding deadlines and constantly changing goals.
Tesla is extremely stressful and demanding. You will never be bored and here is always more work to do. However it's one of the most exciting start up companies around and it's completely worth the hours and the lack of process or systems. Its a new company...

The people at Tesla are extremely smart and well qualified. You will learn a lot from those around you, but everyone is in the same boat of figuring out what works and doesn't because the company is so new.
internet
assembly (Former Employee), fremont caOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free breaks
Cons: breaks
I wont learn about the cars.is a big company and more benefits and better life for me and my family
Hardworking individual who brings professionalism to the workplace.
Production Line Assembler (Former Employee), Fremont, CAOctober 22, 2014
The most enjoyable part of a job is working with your co workers as a team, so that you can accomplish goals and meet the companies expectations. That way the company can continue thriving towards success.

1 2 3 4

About tesla motors

Tesla Motors intends to spark the public's passion and eco-conscience for electric vehicles. Founded in 2003, the company designs, manufactures, – Read more

tesla motors Salaries