Tesoro Employee Reviews

Managment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 16, 2017
My store manager was good but upper management didn't follow through with complaints and didn't fix things in the store that needed it they were always changing things and not informing employees
Cons
No benefits not decent wages
Fast Paced Project
Master Scheduler / Project Controls Lead (Current Employee) –  Anacortes, WANovember 9, 2017
Helped build an internal project team. I would continuing working with Tesoro if the opportunity is available. Even though I am a contractor the work environment has felt inclusive.
not good
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 6, 2017
I worked a lot but was not paid enough for the work I did. I was the assistant manager and when the time came for me to go I was treated unfairly. My unit treated employees like doormats.
Good company with solid people
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2017
Overall good place to work, although some can get stagnant in their job. A lot of separation between departments and even within departments. A lot depends on your group.
Pros
Nice building, good people
Cons
Low amount of paid time off
Finance Associate II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2017
I enjoyed working here. It was one of the few places I've worked where I wouldn't have to look for a reason to call in sick because I didn't want to go to work.
Senior Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2017
One of the best places in San Antonio to work. Good management and good pay. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for work in the San Antonio area.
Great convenience store
Site Manager/Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 27, 2017
Convenience store fast pace great management team. inventory controls. Great development of staff and friends. lead to great opportunities and development jobs and careers.
Stressful, poorly staffed, and engineering-centric
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CASeptember 16, 2017
Work comes before family. Your laptop will come home, you will have your work emails on your phone, and your personnel will contact you at all times with a wide variety of questions. The trade off is the compensation for those with no degree at all in the Operation's world is very good.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
zero work life balance - expectation that work comes first
tesoro cant decide if they want to include retail locations or just refine fuel
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 30, 2017
There were no typical days as the store manager. Every day presented its own set of challenges. I learned to gather the information needed for reports due daily, weekly and monthly. I learned that some investigative time was required to prevent fuel theft overnight. The hardest part of the position was finding the willing to work employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different challenges each day presented.
Pros
positive feedback
Cons
small employee pool
Rotating 12 hour shifts for long amounts of time, required to work alot of mandatory overtime.
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAAugust 29, 2017
Responsible for control room or various other sections of field operations. Monitor and control plant efficiency.Turn valves and make adjustments to plant equipment. Issue work permits and monitor progress of maintenance and contractor personnel. Learned new plant and operating practices not have previously encountered. Management at this location was not directly involved with operations. The culture at the company was to produce as much as possible at least cost. Hardest part of the job was working long hours with limited days off. Working with my fellow employees and getting to know all their unique personalities.
Pros
Pay rate.
Cons
Long shifts, limited days off.
It's been too long for me to comment
Performance Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, Texas USAAugust 26, 2017
I have been away for too long to comment. The company has changed since I left and its not fair for me to comment about an organization that I never worked in so I have to refrain.
a good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDAugust 22, 2017
I opened the store and I operated the cash register. the work place was a good environment I loved my co workers. management need some help with managing. the best part of my day at work seeing different customers from different places.
Pros
the customers
Cons
management
Fun
Centralized Hiring Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 22, 2017
Great place to work. Upper management was understanding always available. They since sold a lot of their retail sites and it all went down hill. New company wanted all experienced managers to take a huge pay cut and cut benefits. They lost a lot of great managers
Flyers Energy LLC, Was amazing! Always made it feel like family.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 21, 2017
I have nothing but good words to say about flyers. Flyers treated every worker and crewmember and management member just like family. Always went to bat for you and always made advancement possible.
Pros
Advancment, Raises, Vacation, Culture.
Cons
No more stores.
Construction taught me a different perspective on how people work.
Skilled Worker, Insulation and Fire Proofing (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 19, 2017
Although, construction workers are paid well and very much appreciated, being in the heat for 12 hours a day, risking my overall health on a daily basis is a life-style that isn't designed for everyone. I had an opportunity to work at the refinery for a summer job, but I was more-so interested on becoming a more rounded person in the regards to work experience. I wanted to understand how tools work, and how been keen on the detail of instruction given by my managers.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Many Health risks
productive and fun place
Sr. SAP BODS/HANA Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2017
Very much impressed by the company staff. I learned to face my fear. The employees are very much of close to each and everyone. Weekday Office lunch was the best part.
Pros
Big office
Cons
very short breaks
Manager didnt do anything but sit on computer. No one ever cleaned besides me and one other person
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 10, 2017
I loved the people that I worked with except the manager. Gave people day off that didn't request it but a few days before when others requested months in advance, I quit because the manager.
Pros
Met lots of cool new people
Cons
No lunch breaks, no free lunch, and manager was unfair
Good work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 9, 2017
Very good management, clean environment, good benefits, friendly co-workers, they give you the time you need off they work with you on your schedule. Very good business to work for.
Great company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJuly 21, 2017
This company is very generous with the balance between work and home life. Typical day is busy and there is a lot to learn about the industry so it is what you make it.
The fitness center and clinic on site, very convenient for the employees.
Associate II, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
Tesoro has great career resources for your growth, a lot of classes and training offered and paid for by the company. I enjoyed collaborating with other teams and working on projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tesoro. Our community is ready to answer.