TESSCO Technologies Employee Reviews

Great Environment poor growth
Logistics/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 20, 2017
great to work at if you dont mind going anywhere its a job Going to work going home work stuff i cant go forward unless i add more words
fun and productive place to work
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 8, 2017
it was a company were there was growth and learning and willing to train for different jobs internal.it was a typical 8 hour day of work
unloading trucks doing the bill of landing shipping,receiving,making sure that the products were accurate and accounted for in a timely manner.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good work Enviroment
LTL Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 1, 2017
Tessco has a good employee work environment, management is well rounded, typical day can be busy or slow depending on work load provided. hardest part is getting more training and more pay.
Pros
light and easy work load
Cons
not enough pay
Clean and organized.
Returns Dept. (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 28, 2017
I worked in the returns department. It was always busy. I didn't realize when I started there I was already at the top of the pay scale which left no room for growth.
Customer Transactions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MD 21093January 19, 2017
Friendly people that are willing to help whenever you need. A lot of work, but the atmosphere was fun. Plenty of opportunity to advance and learn new things within the field.
Inventory Control
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 12, 2016
One of my many job titles at tessco technologies was to train team members on the picking process as well as how to cycle count or to pick product short once prompted to do so in there RF radios
Pros
you could move up in the company
A little about me..
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 16, 2016
In my current role I have refined my ability to work in a fast-paced environment; to execute tasks to meet client and organizational deadlines; to work harmoniously and professionally with all levels of management, external clients, and vendors.
Retirement Home
Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 8, 2016
Organization is in a major transition phase and as a salesperson it is hard to gain traction unless you have been there for 10 years. All the business is tied up within legacy technologies and the employees who own those accounts. Also, the comp structure does not reward net new or growth business. Management is too concerned with KPI performance vs. delivery of actual dollars and has seemed to entirely miss the boat on new wireless networking technology. If you are comfortable working with pre-retirees and being managed like its 1985... this is the place for you!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Comp structure and micro management
productive and fast pace
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 5, 2016
A typical day was grabbing your equipment and filling order. walking around the wearhouse. I learned what true team work meant. management was cool always on top of the productivities. co-workers was easy to get along with and hard working. the best part of the job was knowing you reach your quota
needs a new approach to the business
Director, Government markets- Federal (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2016
need injected energy into the company. old approach to new problems. Co workers feel the same. The hardest part of the job is fighting all the internal struggles and manual processes.
Pros
postioned well and has potential
Cons
need new apporach to the business
Good place to work, good work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2016
TESSCO is a good place to work and offers a good work life balance. Hours can be early, and systems can be archaic, but the people are great.
Pros
people
Cons
systems
Tessco Review
customer service (Current Employee) –  hunt valleyJanuary 31, 2016
Lots of extra hours expected. You must ask for a raise- regular raises are not given. Management is poor. Promotions are done from within mostly due to seniority and not due to leadership skill. Lack of management follow through. Sales department gets lots of benefits, if not in sales, your team will be ignored by the owner. Good basis of company, but poor management. Management does not take action when there are bad attitudes. Trash talking is allowed even in higher LOB and even the financials or money teams, by the leaders themselves. Very unprofessional management. Hardest part is that HR cannot do anything about it. However, the work itself is enjoyable.
A great place to work over my 13+ years
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 23, 2015
Starting in customer support and working my way to a business development role provided me with a great background in many areas of sales and business development. I wouldn't trade that knowledge and experience provided to me for anything. Moving to a new manager my last 2 years at the company affected my work/life balance negatively along with my desire to remain there which ultimately caused me to search for a similar position elsewhere and my subsequent resignation. Overall, a great 13 years and experience I couldn't have received in a multitude of areas elsewhere.
Pros
personal growth and development
Cons
job work/life balance declined
Comfortable, Employee-friendly place to work
Picker/Packer; Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 11, 2015
Good management, reasonable wages, great opportunities for mobility; good benefits and paid time off. Wide variety of jobs and skill levels.
Pros
Work balanced with other fun activities, well structured.
Cons
None that stand out.
understandable company
Zone Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 21, 2015
If you work hard, show up on time and do more then what is ask of you. You will get a under standing and great respect from the company.
Good entry level sales position
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2015
A good entry level sales position. Unfortunately, commission was so limited on sales that it was difficult to stay engaged. Management team was not engaged fully with employees.
Pros
Commission based
Cons
Management team wasn't the best
Great experience
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 1, 2015
Abitlity to grow, fast paced environment, seasonal job, great working conditions, management very helpful, staff assist as needed.
Company in transition mode
Sales Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 13, 2015
Company in transition mode great company to start a career. Requirements not consistent with industry. Emoloyee orientation and onboarding was very thought out.
Pros
Cons
Work requirements
Lots of politics but a good position for the right person
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 11, 2015
Working in the Reno office is tough when you're leadership is in MD. You don't really feel a part of your leader's team or the teams with local leadership. Politics play a huge role: there is room for advancement but it can be cut throat and upsetting the wrong person can lose you compatriots and sometimes your career. The industry can be overwhelming; there is a lot to learn. The point of sale system and inventory systems in place when I was there (and for literally 30 years prior) were not user friendly and incredibly outdated. I would hope they have upgraded in the years since I left and perhaps changed some the leadership structure I experienced.
Pros
Salary, benefits, steady hours, advancement opportunities
Cons
Politics, leadership, office morale
Good workplace
Bench tech (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 23, 2015
good company. very friendly workplace. open door policy if you got any issues they are there to help you. lots of training with opportunity for advancement
Pros
good benifits
Cons
very strict on attendance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TESSCO Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

TESSCO Technologies Reviews by Location