TESSCO Technologies

TESSCO Technologies Employee Reviews

A great place to work over my 13+ years
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 23, 2015
Starting in customer support and working my way to a business development role provided me with a great background in many areas of sales and business development. I wouldn't trade that knowledge and experience provided to me for anything. Moving to a new manager my last 2 years at the company affected my work/life balance negatively along with my desire to remain there which ultimately caused me to search for a similar position elsewhere and my subsequent resignation. Overall, a great 13 years and experience I couldn't have received in a multitude of areas elsewhere.
Pros
personal growth and development
Cons
job work/life balance declined
Comfortable, Employee-friendly place to work
Picker/Packer; Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 11, 2015
Good management, reasonable wages, great opportunities for mobility; good benefits and paid time off. Wide variety of jobs and skill levels.
Pros
Work balanced with other fun activities, well structured.
Cons
None that stand out.
understandable company
Zone Manager (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 21, 2015
If you work hard, show up on time and do more then what is ask of you. You will get a under standing and great respect from the company.
Good entry level sales position
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2015
A good entry level sales position. Unfortunately, commission was so limited on sales that it was difficult to stay engaged. Management team was not engaged fully with employees.
Pros
Commission based
Cons
Management team wasn't the best
Great experience
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 1, 2015
Abitlity to grow, fast paced environment, seasonal job, great working conditions, management very helpful, staff assist as needed.
Company in transition mode
Sales Tax Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 13, 2015
Company in transition mode great company to start a career. Requirements not consistent with industry. Emoloyee orientation and onboarding was very thought out.
Pros
Cons
Work requirements
Lots of politics but a good position for the right person
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 11, 2015
Working in the Reno office is tough when you're leadership is in MD. You don't really feel a part of your leader's team or the teams with local leadership. Politics play a huge role: there is room for advancement but it can be cut throat and upsetting the wrong person can lose you compatriots and sometimes your career. The industry can be overwhelming; there is a lot to learn. The point of sale system and inventory systems in place when I was there (and for literally 30 years prior) were not user friendly and incredibly outdated. I would hope they have upgraded in the years since I left and perhaps changed some the leadership structure I experienced.
Pros
Salary, benefits, steady hours, advancement opportunities
Cons
Politics, leadership, office morale
Good workplace
Bench tech (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 23, 2015
good company. very friendly workplace. open door policy if you got any issues they are there to help you. lots of training with opportunity for advancement
Pros
good benifits
Cons
very strict on attendance
Tessco
Contractual Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 1, 2015
Great company to work for with flexibility and good management overall. I worked with them via a temporary agency. The only complaint is lack of providing sufficient notification as to early closings as a result of work load or inclement weather.
Good Pay if you ask for it, silo'd teams, upper management needs work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Lots of mistakes made and repeated often leading to poor company performance. A stubborn CEO who will not hear any arguments against his ideas.
Ok
Outbound Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 19, 2015
It was a very busy and good job. I enjoyed my days with my co workers and managers. I drove to the different warehouses to drop off products.
A great place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 29, 2015
TESSCO was a great place to work. I would recommend it to a friend. Financially solid company. Wireless industry is always growing.
Pros
great people and good benefits. fast moving market.
Cons
leadership is generally only hired from outside. difficult to be promoted from within.
poor magement
cell phone builder (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 27, 2014
box cell phone cases,earbuds,bluethooth.i only work their for a short period of time.
Pros
like my job
Cons
supervisior not a people person.
TESSCO is one of the best places to work
Account Manager and Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 4, 2014
The culture is great. It is a team of teams and everyone helps out no matter what their role in the company truly is at any time.
Boring
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDOctober 17, 2014
I Hate Factory Work. It is very tiresome and you don't feel like you have contributed anything in society.
Love this place!
International Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 30, 2014
I worked at Tessco for ten years until I moved on to become a Registered Nurse. I love the people there and overall it is a good place to work.
Pros
great place to work
Excellent place to work that makes being productive fun.
Team Captain (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 12, 2014
I prioritized shipments based of due dates, transit time and cost of order. Communicated with my team coordinators what the workflow was and followed up to ensure efficient execution of tasks. The hardest part of the job was maintaining a consistent flow of production from my team without peaks and valleys. I enjoyed seeing a job well done by my staff and seeing their faces.
Cool place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  hunt valley, mdApril 18, 2014
A typical day would be picking electronics to be distributed to stores
Great Starter Position
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDApril 13, 2014
TESSCO is a great place if you're entry level or to get your foot in the door, but don't expect a great increase in salary or job advancement. Many people there for 10+ years with little growth opportunities. Management is nice and actually fairly lax.
Pros
scheduling, work environment
Cons
pay, job advancement
productive work place
Ltl lead (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 29, 2014
Start up at 9am and stay busy with work ex: picking, packing, billing and dealing with all ltl drivers.
I haved learned a new billing process,
Managment is rarley involed in any of my daily duties.
Hardest part of my job is making sure that all orders are completed by pickers and orders are shipped out on a timely matter.
Most enjoyable part of my job is the work and the steadyness of work daily, always work to do to keep myself busy and always moving.
Pros
i can run my department without any leaderhip getting involved
Cons
not enough pay for the work that is asked of me