TESSCO Technologies Employee Reviews

Warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 27, 2017
Warehouse picker and packer.
Fulfilling customers online orders to their satisfaction.
Maintaining cleanliness to warehouse fulfillment center and packing center.
Demanding, expect a robot
ASSOCIATE PRODUCT Manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDSeptember 8, 2017
Wireless industry distributor for both commercial and retail. High expectations of employees, zero tolerance for errors (they must expect a robot vs. a human being). Despite "technology" in the name of the company, IT and systems are terribly outdated (Windows 7, outdated versions of MS Office, one application still DOS based). Probably a good company for someone out of college who can be molded into their model. I would not recommend for someone looking for a career change unless they have a very well established track record in product sales.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
No cafeteria, no free coffee, parking garage visibly crumbling, no tolerance for human error
Managment is unprofessinal
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 7, 2017
The company is falling apart and the management is unprofessional. They would change the commission the sales team would get if you were making to much. The pay is to low for what is expected. it is mirco-managed and to much gossip in the office. It is like working with a bunch of high school mean girls, this includes the men.
Culture and Management
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 5, 2017
Management is negative, demanding and unfair. This makes the culture and environment very un-appealing. The Moral of the overall employees is terrible. No motivation or fun. going into the office everyday is dreading.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Culture, management, pay, opportunity to grow
Fun work enviornment
Custom Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 2, 2017
Very productive days at work.
I learned how to build wireless cables of all sizes. I was the only female to work in the department. Huge accomplishment.
Work place culture was amazing.
I enjoyed everything about the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was producing productive cables at the end of the shift.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Not enough opportunities for advancement.
Good Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 31, 2017
This is a good job.
This company offers all of the benefits:
Vision
Health
Stocks
80 hours paid vacation
401k plan with a match
very clean work enviroment
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cut Throat enviroment
I work thru temp
Labeler (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 10, 2017
Job is easy but they sit on there butts and wants you to do there work.. hardest part is on your feet all day thats it dont work temp there i hate it thats why im on here
No work balance but their people are very nice
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 11, 2017
They have great health plan, but there is no work balance or opportunity for advancement...the people are very nice which is the only plus. They always lay off people since the company's revenue has been decreasing for the past 5 years.
They don't provide any utensil so you better bring your own cups, plates and forks and spoons. if you are a coffee don't expect to make one here because they have no coffee machine
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
vacation, opportunity for advance and bonus program was cut off moving forward
Cool
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 12, 2017
It's a good work environment ,people get there jobs done while enjoying each other. Plus you get the six major holidays off with pay. Plus driving it's a easy commute, right off 83 north.
Pros
Shifts, Culture, paid holidays
Cons
Payrate
Productive and face paced; physical work heavey lifting
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 6, 2017
I enjoy working at Tessco however; the job is very physical with heavy lifting. It has taken it's toll on my body. Been doing this kind of work for 10years.
tessco
RF hand (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 21, 2017
Tessco is good company and the invironment is really good. they have good benefits. all my co workers are really nice and friendly.......I learn a lot in this company and my boses theyre really down to earth and really helpful... I work every day and time is good.im enjoing working and I miss all my friends..
Great Environment poor growth
Logistics/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 20, 2017
great to work at if you dont mind going anywhere its a job Going to work going home work stuff i cant go forward unless i add more words
fun and productive place to work
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 8, 2017
it was a company were there was growth and learning and willing to train for different jobs internal.it was a typical 8 hour day of work
unloading trucks doing the bill of landing shipping,receiving,making sure that the products were accurate and accounted for in a timely manner.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Good work Enviroment
LTL Shipping Lead (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 1, 2017
Tessco has a good employee work environment, management is well rounded, typical day can be busy or slow depending on work load provided. hardest part is getting more training and more pay.
Pros
light and easy work load
Cons
not enough pay
Clean and organized.
Returns Dept. (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 28, 2017
I worked in the returns department. It was always busy. I didn't realize when I started there I was already at the top of the pay scale which left no room for growth.
Customer Transactions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MD 21093January 19, 2017
Friendly people that are willing to help whenever you need. A lot of work, but the atmosphere was fun. Plenty of opportunity to advance and learn new things within the field.
Inventory Control
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 12, 2016
One of my many job titles at tessco technologies was to train team members on the picking process as well as how to cycle count or to pick product short once prompted to do so in there RF radios
Pros
you could move up in the company
A little about me..
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDJune 16, 2016
In my current role I have refined my ability to work in a fast-paced environment; to execute tasks to meet client and organizational deadlines; to work harmoniously and professionally with all levels of management, external clients, and vendors.
Retirement Home
Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 8, 2016
Organization is in a major transition phase and as a salesperson it is hard to gain traction unless you have been there for 10 years. All the business is tied up within legacy technologies and the employees who own those accounts. Also, the comp structure does not reward net new or growth business. Management is too concerned with KPI performance vs. delivery of actual dollars and has seemed to entirely miss the boat on new wireless networking technology. If you are comfortable working with pre-retirees and being managed like its 1985... this is the place for you!
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Comp structure and micro management
productive and fast pace
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 5, 2016
A typical day was grabbing your equipment and filling order. walking around the wearhouse. I learned what true team work meant. management was cool always on top of the productivities. co-workers was easy to get along with and hard working. the best part of the job was knowing you reach your quota