Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Senior Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 18, 2017
This was a very good company to work for and had good compensation packages. All employees that I worked with were very professional. The breadth of the company is very impressive.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Didn't understand AE Services industry
It was a good job .
HDPE Pipe Fuser (Former Employee) –  Lawrence County, South DakotaJuly 10, 2017
I worked for Tetra Tech from April to the end of June at the Gilt Edge Mine Site in Lawrence County, SD. I learned some valuable things about pipe fusing. The drive to work was rough on my personal vehicle and I had a hard time communicating with my supervisor.
Large public company
No. 2 Divisional CFO/COO role - Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
Typically inflexible; sometimes myopic; good benefits; great place for engineers; very much a rent seeker relying on government monies directly and regulatory compliance indirectly; upper management is more mercenary than idealist; lower levels can be pretty crunchy, especially the environmental groups; manages to straddle the crunchy environmental activist cause (big in "climate change" while also servicing oil, gas and mining sectors. Largest water engineering firm in the world (treatment, distribution, protection."
Pros
Very good corporate leadership; weak at the operating unit level
Cons
Inflexible; reliant on federal spending
Navy contractor
Junior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 9, 2017
Great starting position fresh out of college. I gained experience with UNIX, C Programming Language and technical education. I obtained a Secret Security clearance in order to perform my job on a Navy contract.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Too young to truly appreciate it
Beware of payroll and Executive Manager issues
Digital Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 7, 2017
Be careful when signing on with them, they have had major issues with Payroll and Exec Management in the past and are ill equip to handle business lines in which they haven't started from the ground up. They are slow to transition and often times are very negative towards staff in business units when issues arise (regardless of who is at fault). While individual managers and work groups are usually great, I had little confidence in the Corporation's ability to conduct business.
Informative & Pleasant with Great staff
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2017
You travel frequently on short notice with limited to no knowledge of how long you will be gone. You learn on the job, the knowledge you obtain from this staff is impressive and will make you more valuable. The most difficult part of this job is the inconsistency of work with no set schedule, you must be adaptable. The best part of this job are the people and traveling.
Good crew of people to work with
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 23, 2017
Tetra was a good place to work it's not their fault that the oil is up and down.I enjoyed working for all of the managers there, it was a great experience for me.The equipment and living quarters which was provided were, for the most part, was clean and nice.If anybody has a chance to work for Tetra take it. Good Pay!
Very competitive
Project Executive (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 7, 2017
A good place to work with a mostly congenial office atmosphere. Igt was on the rail line so I was often able to take the train to the office. When I needed to go into the field for inspections or to meet with clients, I has a company vehicle to use.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Sometimes a bit over demanding
TT is a good company
Project Controls Director I (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2017
Good company. However, does not utilize Project Controls department. Created numerous schedules that were cost resource loaded. Track progress and downloaded earned value into spreadsheets.
Good environment
Monitor (Current Employee) –  San Andreas, CAApril 4, 2017
Tetra Tech is a good environment to work in and the people are great, it is a little disorganized at times. Too many hours and a lot of wear on personal vehicles.
Pros
Good pay
Great Temorary Job
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 28, 2017
Great Job, temporary assignment but very interesting and a chance to learn new things. I wish it lasted longer and I would like to do in the future if I can.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
temporary
trabajo facil
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 16, 2017
agradable ambiente laboral
los jefes son amigables y responsables
well planed days good communiction
Environmental Inspector (Current Employee) –  Towanda, PAMarch 14, 2017
good company to work for. Well organized all employees stay in touch with each other and everyone helps everyone to make sure everything runs smooth and keeps all company's happy.
It was a long time ago
Corporate Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2017
I was working for PRC Environmental Management, a company that was eventually purchased by Tetra Tech in 1997 which totally changed the culture of the company in a negative way.
Loved Tetra Tech
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 6, 2017
Only if the job was permanent! Great challenging environment, Good team i worked with! I was busy alot. Good maangement. Front Desk personnell was awesome. I had a temp assignment.
Workplace
Water Management (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 19, 2017
Tetra Tech was a labor job. There was a lot of hard work to be in the job. An all employees needed to be supervised during all work activities.
Loved the work and those I worked with.
Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 16, 2017
I am usually the guy doing the work, so it was strange to be an observer, recording the progress. My boss was a jerk and would take every opportunity to be rude and humiliate me in front of the contractors. The company, apart from him, is a great engineering firm.
Tetra Tech is premier global company
Project Scientist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 9, 2017
Tetra Tech is a great company to work for full of talented individuals, a leader in environmental and engineering consulting. The workplace culture is supportive and demanding, with opportunities to gain diverse experience and skills.
good job with reasonable pay
Debris Surveyor and Monitor (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 9, 2017
Drove various routes throughout the county to record and document work crews collecting debris and limbs resulting from the hurricane in our area
Built wounded warrior lodge
Construction Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 1, 2017
This was a multi-function complex that had high end living quarters with roof top living space containing putt-putt gold, video gaming and other outdoor entertainment center.