Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

A wonderful place to work
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 19, 2016
This was an excellent place to work. The employees were very kind, they were very flexible, and the pay was more than reasonable.
Pros
pay, people, culture
Cons
Very repetitive, inconsistent hours
Just needs job security.
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 14, 2016
I love this job except for the fact that I never know if I am going to have hours or not. At this point in my life I need consistent work and Tetra Tech is just not providing it.
Pros
Free coffee, excellent co-workers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good place but not effective management
Civil engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 4, 2016
Good place with cafetria and free gym.
Global projects are good opportunity to learn from. However, project managers and senior engineers are not organized, they need to communicate more effectively and have junior engineers know their responsibilties.
I don't recommend working here if you have a better job opportunity.
Pros
Global projects experience, good buildings
Cons
Poor management, no effective communication, project managers don't have clear plan when it comes to work with juniors
Good first work experience
Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 31, 2016
Working at Tetra Tech was great overall. The people there are nice and professional. Typical workday hours and environment. Opportunities to travel/be outside exist. Great pay. Free lunches weekly.
Pros
Free lunches
Good place to learn
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJAugust 30, 2016
-Various projects to work on and more freedom on the design and input in the projects. Learned about writing techniques and client interaction.
-Work with staff with different backgrounds and experience.
very friendly work place
Design Drafter (structural) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2016
Engineers need to communicate with each other more to have the same out come to be able to present to client or drafter. some of the dead line were ball park and were never set or communicated to designers so it was a hurry up and get it done most of the time.
Pros
lunch and learns to be more familur with programs
Cons
not many good rounded company
Great work atmosphere. Poor job security, which is typical for consulting. Poor benefits. Flexible working schedule.
Electrical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 30, 2016
Employers have flex time, and they have to have their 40 hours in by the end of the week. The benefits are poor same with vacation/sick time. You get 23 days a year and 7 of them are paid holidays - New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas. The job security is poor, and that comes with the job considering you have to win jobs to keep your team busy. The people working there are great and friendly, which is the upside of working there. Most of the work is done behind the desk and on the computer. Great help and assistance if you need it. Sometimes there is poor communication and certain individuals aren't available when you need them and they didn't let you know that they weren't going to be there.
Pros
People, flex time, great help
Cons
poor communication, job security, healthcare, vacation/sick time
Class B Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy working at this company because it's always new things and materials. Everyday is a experience. I have learned so many things about different ways to clean, cute, prepare pipes.
Satisfying and enjoyable place of work
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2016
Sit at workstation, for ongoing auto-cad work activities, and coordinating work with co-workers. Client projects duration could be one month to one year to complete. The hardest part of the project is, receiving the client requirements.
Pros
Furnished workstation with software applications
Cons
when we have a power outage
Good work environment with great people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 20, 2016
I learned a lot about chain of events in a large company and how procedures effect other departments.

I learned how to effectively work with various personalities.

There was no typical day at work. Depending on if there was a project ramping up, the work day could be extremely hectic and fast paced.

When a project was not in the immediate future, my typical day consisted of processing expense reports and reconciling various company credit cards.
Pros
great people
Cons
mediocre healthcard
good
Finance and Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Addis AbabaMay 18, 2016
I learned to work with multilingual staff. I learned a lot for expat staff. The hardest part is I am working with Home Office at US with different time zone. So, should communicate with them at their convenient time. I work up to 10 pm in office.
Strong Company and Staff, Fun Evenironment
Civil Engineer I, Land Development (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 9, 2016
Very enjoyable place to work with opportunity for professional growth. Full service engineering design firm with a variety interesting large and small projects.
Pros
Great working environment, Very knowledgeable design staff, great benefits
Cons
staff management varies by department and groups, inconsistent workload, minimal design training
Not a good company to work from
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 7, 2016
For the amount of of money you're being pad to do large amounts of work.. it's not worth it. Very stressful work and management has very little understanding. Be prepared to work your tail-gate off!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Management, work overload
Discrimination
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 30, 2016
Only one to advance is same nationality. Salary does not compensate for the workload and long hours of work including some holidays. Management takes all the credit while the rest do most of the tedious tasks. Unorganized and need restructuring. HR is slow in response especially lots of mistakes from payroll recently. Payroll Supervisor was a pain to deal with and very arrogant. Job descriptions are in low key compared to what is expected and given on the job. Worked on a project onsite and you are expected yesterday when you are just in time.
Pros
Stocks
Cons
Discrimination to the highest level
Company does not take care of it's employees
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 25, 2016
Not a fun place to work or place to advance. Company culture there is work or get let go. Benefits overall not good. They want you to work overtime and not get paid for it.
I didnt even begin to work.
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I was told that I was going to begin work in two weeks, after the interview. So I filled out the new hire packet, and waited. During that time I turned down another job that I was going after. After the two weeks were up I went in to see about a drug test and I found out that they decided to go another direction. I have been looking for a job for two months already and since they didn't have the ability to tell me that I didn't fit into the category they wanted, I lost both jobs. If you decide to take a job here make sure to get it in writing. The company doesn't seem to be organized.
Pros
unknown
New job
Senior Procedure Writer (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMFebruary 1, 2016
Just started recently but not impressed., Difficult to communicate with HR. No support. Mistakes made on medical benefits.
amzing and fun atmosphere
Monitor (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 1, 2016
overall a great job to have if you enjoy working outdoors. job security is not what i would call a part time position with this company but the people are all amazing and it gives you a little inside into everything that goes into helping others who have lost it all.
Pros
always changing, outdoors, and very fun
Cons
can be a little hard during rain to do this job.
An extremely great group of people to work with.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2016
Most rewarding job that I have ever encountered given the ability to give back to the community. Very solid company to work for, and regret the contract for this position ran out.
Good working environment and staff
Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Poor job security that is typcial working for an engineering firm. Good staff and peers for a working environment. 99.9% work time spent behind a desk.