Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech Employer Reviews

It's your typical engineering/consulting firm
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Golden, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: time off policy, 0 sick time
I've worked in more than one, and this is a typical engineering/consulting firm. There are some great people, and there are some you'd rather not deal with. If management could inspire the staff to work together, instead of allowing pockets of insanity to reign, it would be a great place to work.
had alot of work
electrician apprentice (Former Employee), Globe, AZAugust 31, 2014
Pros: had alot of work
Cons: not around anymore
there were a lot of jobs to keep you going. company is not doing any work anymore
most days entering expense reports, scanning, make copies, trouble shooting with xerox machines and making sure they were up and running
Administrative Assistant /Office Support (Former Employee), Richland, WAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great group of people to work with
Cons: job ended due to elimination of position
inter act with co-workers, helping to keep office machines running keep them loaded with paper and supplies, getting expense reports prepared, reviewed and submitted in timely manner, receive mail and parcels, ship out parcels, straighten up conference rooms. On occasion lunches would be provided,
Dysfunctional Corporate Structure
Project Professional (Former Employee), Associated with the Golden OfficeAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: hostile work environment and lack of corporate integrity
On the Project level there are some very competent skilled staff but at the engineering level there is poor communication, little understanding of constructability and no concept of deadlines.
Mid and upper management is arrogant, vindictive and disrespectful.
Do not expect promises made during the hiring process to be honored. And do not expect any – more... support from the HR department. Any concerns shared shall be used against you. – less
ok
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Globe, AZAugust 5, 2014
working in a mine is fun and exciting and a new experience and good to be around
Incredible Place To Work
Civilian Contractor (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GeorgiaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: challenging work, great pay, phenomenal benefits
Originally got on with TetraTech through a staffing Agency. Everyone was courteous, knowledgeable, & willing to teach you anything you needed to know. The pay rate was incredible & I was always able to get forty hours a week. I would love to possibly work for them again.
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Helena, MTJune 8, 2014
You will be provided with a wonderful opportunity to challenge yourself!
Great place to work, could be manged a little better though.
CAD Technician (Former Employee), BellevueJune 3, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: not the best commute to and from work
On a typical day we would try and find out which job was the most important for that day and try and complete as much work as possible.

Management wasn't the greatest, not a lot of communication between Project managers and the CADD department.

The people there are fun to work with and are culturally diverse, I worked with a lot of fun and unique – more... people.

Hardest part of the job was trying to convince management to allow the CADD group to further their education pertaining to new software, rather than send us to a class they would prefer we just go through tutorials and try and learn the software on our own and on our own time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on some unique projects and seeing them get completed, Panama Canal, Dams, Locks, Bridges etc. – less
Poor management with a lead from the rear and not the front mentality
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville ALMay 9, 2014
Pros: work duties in my case were as expected going in the field.
Cons: too many to list
The job duties I had to perform on a daily basis were absolutely the most enjoyable part of the day. I have no gripes or complaints about my job functions. In fact the duties performed were easy and not back breaking. But the leadership or the lack thereof, made coming to work an absolute horror story. From the first line supervisor to the end result – more... boss, made it very hard to make it through a normal work day. A bunch of bullies with a good ol boy mentality. If you're in the good old boy club, then you're in for life. These managers are jokes and couldn't manage a one horse race. From bullying tactics to plain old harassment is how they (management) keep the workers from reporting them. When the management screws up, and it is often, they always most assuredly tell the government, that we are contracted to; that it is the workers mistake. Which in some cases I understand it is the workers fault in some situations. But a great leader will always take accountability for their subordinates. – less
Very diverse, with room for professional growth
Geoscientist (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVApril 3, 2014
Pros: diverse projects
Tetra Tech has extremely qualified personnel and a diverse project portfolio. There are a lot of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Run Away!
mobile Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: good hourly pay.
Cons: no hours. bad bosses.
Your greeted on your first day nice .. by the time you have been there for a little while your yelled at all the time.. not for me.
Pretty cool place to work
Junior Operator (Former Employee), Kansas, OKMarch 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch occasions, perdem, bonuses, good hours
Cons: not allowed time off to get cdl to advance
I enjoyed working at Tetra. I had plenty of work hours, which is what I like and the pay was good.
An environment where there is opportunity to learn many new skills.
Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2014
An environment where there is opportunity to learn many new skills.
I think we took too much time off work while work needed to be done.
Foreman/Operator (Former Employee), Stokesdale, NCOctober 16, 2013
Pros: close to home and good pay
Cons: not working full weeks when weather permitted
They are an out of town company. They took too much time off work due to weather when other things could have been done. I have been on job sites for over 25 years and can look ahead and tell what needs to be done. I feel like the hardest part of the job was not working when things could have been done in other areas such as erosion control and hammering – more... rock. The best part of the job was that it was a thirty minute drive from home. – less
great comoany but poor compensation
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: not too many except good reputation
Cons: low income, too much work and no growth
it looks good on your resume that you worked for this company. They pay very low. Almost 30% less than industry average.
Some great people but horrible management
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), SeattleAugust 17, 2013
Pros: clean office, free coffee
Cons: senior management, direction, focus, message clarity, etc. etc. etc.
There are many great people here but senior management and genuine staff support are lacking. Corporate claims are one thing, some offices are probably much better, but practice in this office is something entirely different - the importance of people is not understood. Management is dysfunctional.
good company to work for
Rigger (Former Employee), Houma, LAAugust 13, 2013
tetra was a good company to work for but I needed to go back to school and get my education
Amazing work environment, incredible Supervisor!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 23, 2013
Amazing place to work, great people! I've learned a lot about travel arranging and Expense Report Creation. I've enjoyed working with Management and learning about the Engineering World!
Great place for project experience and helping with employment
Biological Technician (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 15, 2013
Pros: experience
-Very rewarding with great co-workers.
-Hike to map or survey plants and animals.
-Management treats employees well.
A medical laboratory - The experience was great!
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee), Tarzana, CA.June 26, 2013
Pros: improving my soft skills as well as expanding my finance/accounting know-how
Cons: changing industry dynamics
The medical industry was going through lots of changes at the time with the explosion of managed care. We had our work cut out for us.

1 2 3

About Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on – Read more