Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Great job
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 15, 2017
It was really fun and great. We got to take rain water samples, which was interesting. The hours can be incredibly crazy because the storm may start in the middle of the night and you'll have to work through it.
Great people , work is very great , would recommend anybody to try to work for them
Monitor (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 8, 2017
A regular work day is great
What I learned about the job is you have to be able to stay focused
The management is great to work with
The people you work with are very good (depending on if you want too work)
Getting up is the hard part AND trying to work in difficult weather conditions
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the positions that you can do (every position is fun to learn and watch
Pros
Get to travel, people are great to work with
Cons
Really didn't get a day off but you can work with them on it.
A little unorganized
Collection Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 4, 2017
Management did not train new employees well. However, this job was not hard to grasp at all. Work environment was pretty cool and down to earth. They give you plenty of hours.
Truck Debris Monitor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 21, 2016
Start work before the sun comes up until sun set. Follow work trucks around and wait for the to come back from the dump. Issue dump tickets for each load and mark way point on a smart phone.
Pros
A lot of hours (80+ a week)
Cons
A lot of driving around and waiting.
Productive workplace
Debris Monitor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 2, 2016
Tetra tech is an honest and fair company. They are diverse and believe in equality opportunity employment. From my observation this is a good company to work for.
Excellent atmosphere but with lower than average pay
Environmental Scientist II (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 21, 2016
Tetra Tech is a wonderful place to work and it provides numerous opportunities to develop a wide skillset. The work and the atmosphere are both great, the only complaint is that pay, relative to other environmental companies, is low. It also seems like the payscale isn't consistent with experience, education, etc.
Stable work, solid pay
Debris Monitor (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 19, 2016
Great place for advancement, Learned a lot about manufacturing and shipping. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the CEO's predjudice against bigger people.
great company, great people
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 14, 2016
Learned a lot from a lot of great people. Cheery atmosphere, flexible schedule, lots of opportunities to work on different topics.
Nice place to work but...
Project Cost Adminsitator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 14, 2016
My office relies heavily on government contracts. Not a bad thing but can be at times uncertain for the future. I do love the people that I work with.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) was a fast paced, involved and solution based department responsible for all facilities located on the post.
Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) (Former Employee) –  Detroit Arsenal Warren MINovember 7, 2016
While working directly with the DPW, I interacted with the director, the arsenal general manager and all administrative and maintenance personnel.
It was a challenging but exciting opportunity to identify various conservation measures to lower operating cost on the post for the U.S. Army.
A company that thrives on projects
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 19, 2016
Nothing bad to say about Tetra Tech over 14k employees.

Several projects that I was involved in were fun and not bothersome. They are very unique with several business units.
Pros
No Pros. standard Enterprise type of environment
Terrible culture, people and ethics
Field tech (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. I have worked hard jobs and not complained about it and I have done a lot of tough hours but nothing compares to this company and the way the lie cheat and steal hours and work from you. They tell you one thing and do another. Promise you great things and never come through. Steal workers from other companies while they still work for other companies and tell you that there is no work when they give the select few they like 100's of hours a week. I wouldn't take this job if your life depended on it. I was behind on bills due to lack of work and took this job and they enjoyed seeing me struggle. They work very unethical and only look out for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, hours, morals, and work ethics.
NO hours?
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2016
Waited 90 days then was given 2 days work. This company is good to work for if more hours were available sooner. Would definitely travel with them if ever offered.
Pros
every day is something new.
Cons
lack of hours for my position
Great learning Experiance
Task Force Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Isabella, CASeptember 28, 2016
This is a great way getting Documention experiece. As a Task force leader working at the Portable scales I Weighted and documented All Roll off bins, End dumps, Rocket launchers hauling off debri to land Although it is only a tempory job I have enjoyed it. If i want to continue with this company i would have to travel but i have a family i would like to see on a daily basis and unfortuanatly i could not continue working at tetra tech after this project is over.
A wonderful place to work
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 19, 2016
This was an excellent place to work. The employees were very kind, they were very flexible, and the pay was more than reasonable.
Pros
pay, people, culture
Cons
Very repetitive, inconsistent hours
Just needs job security.
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 14, 2016
I love this job except for the fact that I never know if I am going to have hours or not. At this point in my life I need consistent work and Tetra Tech is just not providing it.
Pros
Free coffee, excellent co-workers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good place but not effective management
Civil engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 4, 2016
Good place with cafetria and free gym.
Global projects are good opportunity to learn from. However, project managers and senior engineers are not organized, they need to communicate more effectively and have junior engineers know their responsibilties.
I don't recommend working here if you have a better job opportunity.
Pros
Global projects experience, good buildings
Cons
Poor management, no effective communication, project managers don't have clear plan when it comes to work with juniors
Good first work experience
Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 31, 2016
Working at Tetra Tech was great overall. The people there are nice and professional. Typical workday hours and environment. Opportunities to travel/be outside exist. Great pay. Free lunches weekly.
Pros
Free lunches
Good place to learn
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJAugust 30, 2016
-Various projects to work on and more freedom on the design and input in the projects. Learned about writing techniques and client interaction.
-Work with staff with different backgrounds and experience.
very friendly work place
Design Drafter (structural) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2016
Engineers need to communicate with each other more to have the same out come to be able to present to client or drafter. some of the dead line were ball park and were never set or communicated to designers so it was a hurry up and get it done most of the time.
Pros
lunch and learns to be more familur with programs
Cons
not many good rounded company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tetra Tech. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9