Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Worse Company I ever worked for
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Islamorada, FLOctober 5, 2017
For a Company that's been around for over 50 years they have poor to non-existent management skills. Lack of good leadership, no chain of command, and a (so called) Supervisor who micro manages, leads by instilling fear and confusion in everyone below him.
Pros
Cons
Poor Leadership, No chain of command, mass confusion, very unprofessional
Environment
FICAM Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22209October 5, 2017
Not much connection to the company. More connection to the federal agency. I would advise anyone interested to keep in touch with the company. Make trips to the main office to meet with executives
good place to work
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2017
Great folks to work with but the job was all billable and there were unreasonable quotas for an administrative professional to obtain. Small office feel for a decent sized company.
I was the only one in Hsv
Hazardous Material Management (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALSeptember 19, 2017
This is the first job where I was the only employee to work in a city where there was no other employee in town. It was still a great place to work but I was used to face to face interaction
Pros
your the only employee in town
Cons
your the only employee in town
Great company
Debris Monitor (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCSeptember 5, 2017
Tetra Tech over all is a good company to work for. I enjoyed working for and with Employees.Everyone has a chance to advance with the company. There is some traveling involved with working with the company.
Tetra Tech
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 2, 2017
I loved working for Tetra Tech, also would have loved it if the position was permanent. I had the chance to travel and help people at the same time. Dream job.
Contract Work is exciting
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 22, 2017
Great verity of work, but the nature of contract work is a feast or famine situation.
A mix of laboratory research, field work, and research. Every day is different.
High caliber staff
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 22, 2017
Great people, great work. High caliber scientific staff leading the industry in complex data analytics; providing data-driven solutions to complex challenges faced by EPA headquarters, regional offices, state and municipal water agencies.
Pros
Good benefits, free gym in building, flexible schedule, ability to telecommute.
Cons
Frequent summer time power disruptions, weak IT infrustructure - network outages
Awesome staff
Project Manager / Chief Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 15, 2017
Great environment. Excellent management. They provide a lot of advancement opportunity through continued education. The hiring process is drug out and rather annoying.
Empower thier employees
Lead Safety Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Deadwood, SDAugust 9, 2017
Sharing Lesson's Learned of previous work day
Empowers employees to Stop Work: to prevent someone getting hurt, killed or equipment damage
Challenges with state of the art programs and processes to be competitive Globally
Pros
Truly oped door policy
Cons
work 60 or 70 per week get paid for 40
Potential to be a great employer
Project Analyst/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2017
I was hired as a project analyst, and then was placed as an administrator. The job description I applied for spoke to my qualifications, but was never realized in the 18 months I was employed.
Great place to learn
Jr. Operator (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 3, 2017
Its a good place to learn the essentials of the oil and gas industry. Great opportunity for advancement, great training programs. Pay rate could have been better.
Good company to work for
Senior Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 18, 2017
This was a very good company to work for and had good compensation packages. All employees that I worked with were very professional. The breadth of the company is very impressive.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Didn't understand AE Services industry
It was a good job .
HDPE Pipe Fuser (Former Employee) –  Lawrence County, South DakotaJuly 10, 2017
I worked for Tetra Tech from April to the end of June at the Gilt Edge Mine Site in Lawrence County, SD. I learned some valuable things about pipe fusing. The drive to work was rough on my personal vehicle and I had a hard time communicating with my supervisor.
Large public company
No. 2 Divisional CFO/COO role - Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 6, 2017
Typically inflexible; sometimes myopic; good benefits; great place for engineers; very much a rent seeker relying on government monies directly and regulatory compliance indirectly; upper management is more mercenary than idealist; lower levels can be pretty crunchy, especially the environmental groups; manages to straddle the crunchy environmental activist cause (big in "climate change" while also servicing oil, gas and mining sectors. Largest water engineering firm in the world (treatment, distribution, protection."
Pros
Very good corporate leadership; weak at the operating unit level
Cons
Inflexible; reliant on federal spending
Navy contractor
Junior Programmer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 9, 2017
Great starting position fresh out of college. I gained experience with UNIX, C Programming Language and technical education. I obtained a Secret Security clearance in order to perform my job on a Navy contract.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Too young to truly appreciate it
Beware of payroll and Executive Manager issues
Digital Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 7, 2017
Be careful when signing on with them, they have had major issues with Payroll and Exec Management in the past and are ill equip to handle business lines in which they haven't started from the ground up. They are slow to transition and often times are very negative towards staff in business units when issues arise (regardless of who is at fault). While individual managers and work groups are usually great, I had little confidence in the Corporation's ability to conduct business.
Informative & Pleasant with Great staff
Archaeologist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2017
You travel frequently on short notice with limited to no knowledge of how long you will be gone. You learn on the job, the knowledge you obtain from this staff is impressive and will make you more valuable. The most difficult part of this job is the inconsistency of work with no set schedule, you must be adaptable. The best part of this job are the people and traveling.
Good crew of people to work with
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 23, 2017
Tetra was a good place to work it's not their fault that the oil is up and down.I enjoyed working for all of the managers there, it was a great experience for me.The equipment and living quarters which was provided were, for the most part, was clean and nice.If anybody has a chance to work for Tetra take it. Good Pay!
Very competitive
Project Executive (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 7, 2017
A good place to work with a mostly congenial office atmosphere. Igt was on the rail line so I was often able to take the train to the office. When I needed to go into the field for inspections or to meet with clients, I has a company vehicle to use.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Sometimes a bit over demanding