Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech Employer Reviews

Productive place to work
Finance * Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 16, 2015
working with task leads, subcontractors, headquarters staff.
managing multiple contracts from inception to completion.
Management Bad
Engineer (Former Employee), western USMarch 13, 2015
Pros: liked the work
Cons: management all the way to the top is terrible
They will let you go with NO notice. Work you hard and keep bonuses for upper management. You are just a tool to them BUT if you are in the old boy's network you can lie about your education and NOT get fired just demoted and keep your Millions. Very disappointing.
Strict work environment with no room for advancement
Interviewer (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: stable job employment
Cons: shifty management, no room for advancement, less than 40 hours a week.
TetraTech Technical Services is a part of TetraTech that calls business and customers of utilities to ask them about a program that the utility provided to them recently. The utilities want to know how well the program did and what it didn't do.

This workplace is a mix of incoming and outgoing call center, but it's mostly outgoing. There is a script and you have to read it verbatim with none of your own dialogue when speaking with the customer. They want to have an unbiased feedback to give to the client. This is what is called the phone lab.

Handling these calls is a typical day in the office. The hardest part of my job was staying on script. When I worked in previous call centers, they allowed you a certain freedom to help the customer. This freedom was not allowed in the phone lab.

The most enjoyable part of my job was completing a survey with a customer. I enjoyed calling the west coast as they were very willing to do the surveys with us rather than the east coast which wouldn't give us the time to go through the survey with them.

All in all, this company's services are needed and they offer a critical service to utilities. However, as a work environment, it needs more attention to their employees.
Quiet Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2015
I coordinate in-house trainings at our location as well as off-site trainings from start to finish. Registrations, billing, putting together packets, nametags, certificates and ordering lunches. Along with many processes in between. I enjoy meeting new people and helping them with administrative needs.
fun
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Fun working environment.
Honest employees
No micro managers
Tetra Tech is a competitive company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: leave benefits
The benefits are the biggest con to working here. The holiday leave that is required comes out of the personal leave. Management is friendly and usually willing to work with you, but it is all about getting the customer's support/approval.
Productive Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2015
I am an embedded Tetra Tech employee that works at DTE Energy to support the 2014 and 2015 BCP/CRP Efforts.
Pretty good
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 22, 2014
Not a bad company to work for but the slow winter months can be a stressful time.
International
GIS Analyst (Current Employee), Missoula, MTNovember 20, 2014
The companies Human Resources Department has not yet caught up with the growth.
High level, competent people with 0 interpersonal skills
Staff Scientist (Current Employee), ColoradoNovember 15, 2014
Pros: job/industry experience, good benefits
Cons: utilization, communication, management
A lot of intelligent, capable, experienced people within the organization, but the culture is sorely lacking with regards to humanity. Utilization is heavily pushed, while leaving the more junior people at risk for no work. Within a certain department, a 10 hour overhead cap forces the employee to "supplement" hours with their own paid time off.
Industrial Hygienist (Former Employee), VA MTOctober 30, 2014
Great place to work, enjoyed the job culture and the people I was surrounded by
It's your typical engineering/consulting firm
Project Administrator (Current Employee), Golden, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: time off policy, 0 sick time
I've worked in more than one, and this is a typical engineering/consulting firm. There are some great people, and there are some you'd rather not deal with. If management could inspire the staff to work together, instead of allowing pockets of insanity to reign, it would be a great place to work.
had alot of work
electrician apprentice (Former Employee), Globe, AZAugust 31, 2014
Pros: had alot of work
Cons: not around anymore
there were a lot of jobs to keep you going. company is not doing any work anymore
most days entering expense reports, scanning, make copies, trouble shooting with xerox machines and making sure they were up and running
Administrative Assistant /Office Support (Former Employee), Richland, WAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great group of people to work with
Cons: job ended due to elimination of position
inter act with co-workers, helping to keep office machines running keep them loaded with paper and supplies, getting expense reports prepared, reviewed and submitted in timely manner, receive mail and parcels, ship out parcels, straighten up conference rooms. On occasion lunches would be provided,
Dysfunctional Corporate Structure
Project Professional (Former Employee), Associated with the Golden OfficeAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: hostile work environment and lack of corporate integrity
On the Project level there are some very competent skilled staff but at the engineering level there is poor communication, little understanding of constructability and no concept of deadlines.
Mid and upper management is arrogant, vindictive and disrespectful.
Do not expect promises made during the hiring process to be honored. And do not expect any support from the HR department. Any concerns shared shall be used against you.
ok
Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Globe, AZAugust 5, 2014
working in a mine is fun and exciting and a new experience and good to be around
Incredible Place To Work
Civilian Contractor (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GeorgiaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: challenging work, great pay, phenomenal benefits
Originally got on with TetraTech through a staffing Agency. Everyone was courteous, knowledgeable, & willing to teach you anything you needed to know. The pay rate was incredible & I was always able to get forty hours a week. I would love to possibly work for them again.
Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Helena, MTJune 8, 2014
You will be provided with a wonderful opportunity to challenge yourself!
Great place to work, could be manged a little better though.
CAD Technician (Former Employee), BellevueJune 3, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: not the best commute to and from work
On a typical day we would try and find out which job was the most important for that day and try and complete as much work as possible.

Management wasn't the greatest, not a lot of communication between Project managers and the CADD department.

The people there are fun to work with and are culturally diverse, I worked with a lot of fun and unique people.

Hardest part of the job was trying to convince management to allow the CADD group to further their education pertaining to new software, rather than send us to a class they would prefer we just go through tutorials and try and learn the software on our own and on our own time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working on some unique projects and seeing them get completed, Panama Canal, Dams, Locks, Bridges etc.
Poor management with a lead from the rear and not the front mentality
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Huntsville ALMay 9, 2014
Pros: work duties in my case were as expected going in the field.
Cons: too many to list
The job duties I had to perform on a daily basis were absolutely the most enjoyable part of the day. I have no gripes or complaints about my job functions. In fact the duties performed were easy and not back breaking. But the leadership or the lack thereof, made coming to work an absolute horror story. From the first line supervisor to the end result boss, made it very hard to make it through a normal work day. A bunch of bullies with a good ol boy mentality. If you're in the good old boy club, then you're in for life. These managers are jokes and couldn't manage a one horse race. From bullying tactics to plain old harassment is how they (management) keep the workers from reporting them. When the management screws up, and it is often, they always most assuredly tell the government, that we are contracted to; that it is the workers mistake. Which in some cases I understand it is the workers fault in some situations. But a great leader will always take accountability for their subordinates.

1 2 3

About Tetra Tech

Tetra Tech puts technical know-how to work. The environmental management, consulting, and technical services group focuses on – Read more