Tetra Tech Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Debris Monitor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 2, 2016
Tetra tech is an honest and fair company. They are diverse and believe in equality opportunity employment. From my observation this is a good company to work for.
Excellent atmosphere but with lower than average pay
Environmental Scientist II (Current Employee) –  MarylandNovember 21, 2016
Tetra Tech is a wonderful place to work and it provides numerous opportunities to develop a wide skillset. The work and the atmosphere are both great, the only complaint is that pay, relative to other environmental companies, is low. It also seems like the payscale isn't consistent with experience, education, etc.
Stable work, solid pay
Debris Monitor (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 19, 2016
Great place for advancement, Learned a lot about manufacturing and shipping. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the CEO's predjudice against bigger people.
great company, great people
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 14, 2016
Learned a lot from a lot of great people. Cheery atmosphere, flexible schedule, lots of opportunities to work on different topics.
Nice place to work but...
Project Cost Adminsitator (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 14, 2016
My office relies heavily on government contracts. Not a bad thing but can be at times uncertain for the future. I do love the people that I work with.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) was a fast paced, involved and solution based department responsible for all facilities located on the post.
Resource Efficiency Manager (REM) (Former Employee) –  Detroit Arsenal Warren MINovember 7, 2016
While working directly with the DPW, I interacted with the director, the arsenal general manager and all administrative and maintenance personnel.
It was a challenging but exciting opportunity to identify various conservation measures to lower operating cost on the post for the U.S. Army.
A company that thrives on projects
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 19, 2016
Nothing bad to say about Tetra Tech over 14k employees.

Several projects that I was involved in were fun and not bothersome. They are very unique with several business units.
Pros
No Pros. standard Enterprise type of environment
Terrible culture, people and ethics
Field tech (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. I have worked hard jobs and not complained about it and I have done a lot of tough hours but nothing compares to this company and the way the lie cheat and steal hours and work from you. They tell you one thing and do another. Promise you great things and never come through. Steal workers from other companies while they still work for other companies and tell you that there is no work when they give the select few they like 100's of hours a week. I wouldn't take this job if your life depended on it. I was behind on bills due to lack of work and took this job and they enjoyed seeing me struggle. They work very unethical and only look out for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, hours, morals, and work ethics.
NO hours?
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2016
Waited 90 days then was given 2 days work. This company is good to work for if more hours were available sooner. Would definitely travel with them if ever offered.
Pros
every day is something new.
Cons
lack of hours for my position
Great learning Experiance
Task Force Leader (Current Employee) –  Lake Isabella, CASeptember 28, 2016
This is a great way getting Documention experiece. As a Task force leader working at the Portable scales I Weighted and documented All Roll off bins, End dumps, Rocket launchers hauling off debri to land Although it is only a tempory job I have enjoyed it. If i want to continue with this company i would have to travel but i have a family i would like to see on a daily basis and unfortuanatly i could not continue working at tetra tech after this project is over.
A wonderful place to work
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 19, 2016
This was an excellent place to work. The employees were very kind, they were very flexible, and the pay was more than reasonable.
Pros
pay, people, culture
Cons
Very repetitive, inconsistent hours
Just needs job security.
Phone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 14, 2016
I love this job except for the fact that I never know if I am going to have hours or not. At this point in my life I need consistent work and Tetra Tech is just not providing it.
Pros
Free coffee, excellent co-workers.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Good place but not effective management
Civil engineer (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 4, 2016
Good place with cafetria and free gym.
Global projects are good opportunity to learn from. However, project managers and senior engineers are not organized, they need to communicate more effectively and have junior engineers know their responsibilties.
I don't recommend working here if you have a better job opportunity.
Pros
Global projects experience, good buildings
Cons
Poor management, no effective communication, project managers don't have clear plan when it comes to work with juniors
Good first work experience
Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 31, 2016
Working at Tetra Tech was great overall. The people there are nice and professional. Typical workday hours and environment. Opportunities to travel/be outside exist. Great pay. Free lunches weekly.
Pros
Free lunches
Good place to learn
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJAugust 30, 2016
-Various projects to work on and more freedom on the design and input in the projects. Learned about writing techniques and client interaction.
-Work with staff with different backgrounds and experience.
very friendly work place
Design Drafter (structural) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 23, 2016
Engineers need to communicate with each other more to have the same out come to be able to present to client or drafter. some of the dead line were ball park and were never set or communicated to designers so it was a hurry up and get it done most of the time.
Pros
lunch and learns to be more familur with programs
Cons
not many good rounded company
Great work atmosphere. Poor job security, which is typical for consulting. Poor benefits. Flexible working schedule.
Electrical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 30, 2016
Employers have flex time, and they have to have their 40 hours in by the end of the week. The benefits are poor same with vacation/sick time. You get 23 days a year and 7 of them are paid holidays - New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas. The job security is poor, and that comes with the job considering you have to win jobs to keep your team busy. The people working there are great and friendly, which is the upside of working there. Most of the work is done behind the desk and on the computer. Great help and assistance if you need it. Sometimes there is poor communication and certain individuals aren't available when you need them and they didn't let you know that they weren't going to be there.
Pros
People, flex time, great help
Cons
poor communication, job security, healthcare, vacation/sick time
Class B Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2016
I enjoy working at this company because it's always new things and materials. Everyday is a experience. I have learned so many things about different ways to clean, cute, prepare pipes.
Satisfying and enjoyable place of work
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2016
Sit at workstation, for ongoing auto-cad work activities, and coordinating work with co-workers. Client projects duration could be one month to one year to complete. The hardest part of the project is, receiving the client requirements.
Pros
Furnished workstation with software applications
Cons
when we have a power outage
Good work environment with great people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 20, 2016
I learned a lot about chain of events in a large company and how procedures effect other departments.

I learned how to effectively work with various personalities.

There was no typical day at work. Depending on if there was a project ramping up, the work day could be extremely hectic and fast paced.

When a project was not in the immediate future, my typical day consisted of processing expense reports and reconciling various company credit cards.
Pros
great people
Cons
mediocre healthcard

2.9