Tetra Tech Employee Reviews in United States

Good work environment with great people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WAMay 20, 2016
I learned a lot about chain of events in a large company and how procedures effect other departments.

I learned how to effectively work with various personalities.

There was no typical day at work. Depending on if there was a project ramping up, the work day could be extremely hectic and fast paced.

When a project was not in the immediate future, my typical day consisted of processing expense reports and reconciling various company credit cards.
Pros
great people
Cons
mediocre healthcard
Strong Company and Staff, Fun Evenironment
Civil Engineer I, Land Development (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 9, 2016
Very enjoyable place to work with opportunity for professional growth. Full service engineering design firm with a variety interesting large and small projects.
Pros
Great working environment, Very knowledgeable design staff, great benefits
Cons
staff management varies by department and groups, inconsistent workload, minimal design training
Discrimination
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 30, 2016
Only one to advance is same nationality. Salary does not compensate for the workload and long hours of work including some holidays. Management takes all the credit while the rest do most of the tedious tasks. Unorganized and need restructuring. HR is slow in response especially lots of mistakes from payroll recently. Payroll Supervisor was a pain to deal with and very arrogant. Job descriptions are in low key compared to what is expected and given on the job. Worked on a project onsite and you are expected yesterday when you are just in time.
Pros
Stocks
Cons
Discrimination to the highest level
Satisfying and enjoyable place of work
CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2016
Sit at workstation, for ongoing auto-cad work activities, and coordinating work with co-workers. Client projects duration could be one month to one year to complete. The hardest part of the project is, receiving the client requirements.
Pros
Furnished workstation with software applications
Cons
when we have a power outage
I didnt even begin to work.
Cable Splicer (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAFebruary 8, 2016
I was told that I was going to begin work in two weeks, after the interview. So I filled out the new hire packet, and waited. During that time I turned down another job that I was going after. After the two weeks were up I went in to see about a drug test and I found out that they decided to go another direction. I have been looking for a job for two months already and since they didn't have the ability to tell me that I didn't fit into the category they wanted, I lost both jobs. If you decide to take a job here make sure to get it in writing. The company doesn't seem to be organized.
Pros
unknown
amzing and fun atmosphere
Monitor (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 1, 2016
overall a great job to have if you enjoy working outdoors. job security is not what i would call a part time position with this company but the people are all amazing and it gives you a little inside into everything that goes into helping others who have lost it all.
Pros
always changing, outdoors, and very fun
Cons
can be a little hard during rain to do this job.
Not a good company to work from
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 7, 2016
For the amount of of money you're being pad to do large amounts of work.. it's not worth it. Very stressful work and management has very little understanding. Be prepared to work your tail-gate off!
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Management, work overload
good
Finance and Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Addis AbabaMay 18, 2016
I learned to work with multilingual staff. I learned a lot for expat staff. The hardest part is I am working with Home Office at US with different time zone. So, should communicate with them at their convenient time. I work up to 10 pm in office.
Company does not take care of it's employees
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 25, 2016
Not a fun place to work or place to advance. Company culture there is work or get let go. Benefits overall not good. They want you to work overtime and not get paid for it.
An extremely great group of people to work with.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2016
Most rewarding job that I have ever encountered given the ability to give back to the community. Very solid company to work for, and regret the contract for this position ran out.
Dedicated and fun co-workers, flexible work hours, good projects and clients
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 23, 2015
Very diverse projects with dedicated and talented co-workers. I learned something new every day even after 20+ years. Hardest part of the job was the constant pressure to remain billable. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to solve problems for our clients, especially with the help of good co-workers.
Pros
Great flexibility
Cons
Pressure to stay billable
Overseas work primarily
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 24, 2015
Work was overseas requiring long periods of separation, with little contact with peers. Cultural differences between US and work country, usually very real hazards and danger risk. Compensation was not consummate with the overall risk
Good working environment and staff
Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Poor job security that is typcial working for an engineering firm. Good staff and peers for a working environment. 99.9% work time spent behind a desk.
New job
Senior Procedure Writer (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMFebruary 1, 2016
Just started recently but not impressed., Difficult to communicate with HR. No support. Mistakes made on medical benefits.
Nice job, but inconsistant with hours
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2015
Protocol data collection, yet a fun environment. Co-workers are very cool. The lab manager is one of the best people I have had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hours are very inconsistant.
Intresting
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 27, 2015
Gained a lot of valuable cliental relationships. Learned the importance of good communication an service between office an field personnel.
Pros
Strong cliental base
Cons
Lots of overhead
Not much to say
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 28, 2015
Previous company was acquired by Tetra Tech. Left for another opportunity after about a year, in which we basically operated as we did before TT so not totally sure of operations after full transition.
What I learned
Environmental Scientist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CASeptember 23, 2015
I have learned a broad range of experience at my current position but now I am looking to further my career path. Great place to work. All co workers are friendly and easy to with.
Filled with Smart people but terrible culture
Staff Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  NJJuly 15, 2015
Tetra Tech is filled with smart people, however the office atmosphere is somewhat strict, and the work/life balance can become rather demanding.
Poorly managed
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 20, 2015
Poor benefits and opportunities. Management was seldom willing to help with career development. Co-workers were supportive on completing project tasks.