Tevora - Information Security Engineer - $60-85k
The Information Security Engineer works with the primary project delivery arm of Tevora. You would be responsible for implementing security solutions, performing technical assessments, participating in pre-sales activities and providing technical assistance on a wide variety of client projects.
A large part of the position involves information security skill development in general, and vendor-specific solution training including McAfee, Splunk, CA, RSA, PaloAlto, Airwatch, and many others.
You will actively participate on projects including, risk assessments, penetration testing, audits, product implementations, incident response planning, strategy creation, and business process re-engineering.
- Developing the technical and business skills required to perform billable work on projects as quickly as possible.
- Achieving industry-standard certifications within prescribed timeframes.
- Implementing enterprise security solutions.
- Assisting consultants in validating client security posture against standards and guidelines such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, and ISO 27001.
- Monitoring and maintaining client security posture onsite and offsite.
- Performing internal and external penetration testing and social engineering projects.
- Assisting consultants and sales staff with pre-sales technical questions qualifications.
Every Information Security Engineer at Tevora is a technologist at heart but understands the critical balance between technology and security. As technologists we have a wide variety of interests that spans the spectrum of networking and system administration. The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background most of the following:
- Windows and Linux Server administration, virtualization technology: VMware, Hyper-V, etc.
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Intermediate scripting ability in Bash, Python, Perl, etc.
- Fundamental networking knowledge: switching, routing, VLANs, firewalls, load balancers.
Every Information Security Engineer at Tevora is a business leader in the making. The language of business is communication and communication skills are essential to Tevora’s success. The ideal candidate will:
- Communicate effectively across business and technical boundaries.
- Work independently without detailed guidance.
- Be proficient in writing executive level reports and technical briefs.
- Connect easily with clients and colleagues.
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- IT and Information Security certifications a plus.
- Passion for information security.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Personable and presentable.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Punctual and professional.
- US Citizen with Passport.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car.
- No bankruptcies or negative reports on credit report.
- No criminal record.