Information Security Engineer Job Description
Have you mastered systems administration and are looking for the next step in your career? Do you have experience and skill in both the Microsoft and Linux worlds? Are you interested in IT security?
Tevora is looking for a systems and network administration superstar that is ready to become an Information Security Consultant.
Tevora is a leader in information security consulting with a focus on regulatory compliance. We primarily serve medium-to-large businesses, and our clients include names you would recognize, including major credit card companies, banks, and global brands.
About The Position:
The Information Security Engineer is the primary delivery arm of Tevora. You would be responsible for implementing security solutions, performing technical assessments, participating in pre-sales activities and providing technical assistance on a wide variety of client projects.
A large part of the position involves deeply learning and becoming certified in security solutions such as McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, RSA SecurID, and Splunk. You would be recognized by clients and manufacturers as a true expert in the technology and be an integral part of developing and executing enterprise-wide implementation plans.
In addition, you will assist on various projects across the landscape of information security to include risk assessments, penetration testing, audits, incident response, strategy, and business process re-engineering.
- Implementing enterprise security solutions for clients in Microsoft and Linux environments
- Assisting consultants in validating client security posture against standards and guidelines such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, and ISO 27001
- Monitoring and maintaining client security posture onsite and offsite
- Performing internal and external penetration testing and social engineering for fortune 500 clients.
- Assisting consultants and sales staff with pre-sales technical questions
Every Information Security Consultant at Tevora is a technologist at heart. As technologists we have a wide variety of interests that spans the spectrum of networking and system administration. The ideal candidate will have a broad background that will include:
- Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 Configuration
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, WSUS, RRAS
- Preferred: VBScript, SQL Server, Exchange Server, SCOM
- Linux Server Administration
- Iptables, syslog-ng, ssh, apache, package managers
- Preferred: Shell scripting, MySQL, SELinux, LDAP, bind, nagios
- Firewall configuration (ingress/egress rules)
- Router configuration
- Preferred: VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V
Every Information Security Consultant at Tevora is a business leader in the making. The language of business is communication and communication skills are essential to Tevora’s success. The ideal candidate will:
- Communicate effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Work independently without detailed guidance
- Be proficient in writing executive level reports and technical briefs
- Connect easily with clients and colleagues
- 2+ years work experience in systems or network administration
- Active Directory network management
- Linux systems administration
- Preferred: Some security experience
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
- Preferred: MCSE/MCITP, RHCE, CISSP, CCNA or other industry certification
- Passion for security
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- US Citizen
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car
- No bankruptcies or negative reports on credit report
- No criminal record
- Successfully pass background and credit check
- Work onsite in Lake Forest, CA (Orange County)
- Work offsite throughout California, the US, internationally (up to 25%)
Salary and Benefits:
- $60,000 per year plus performance
- 100% paid employee health insurance with vision and dental
- Three weeks paid vacation annually
- Paid manufacturer certifications
- FastTrack promotion program to Information Security Consultant