This position reports to the Corporate Controller and is responsible for all human resource functions, including employee recruitment, regulatory compliance, benefits administration, and maintenance of accurate personnel records.
- Hiring process of employees for all position levels, including recruitment events through start date
- Oversee all employee benefit programs, ensuring eligible employees are offered enrollment and all changes/terminations are processed timely and properly
- Handle all workers’ compensation claims ensuring proper claim progression and timely claim resolution
- Handle all unemployment claims
- Handle all FMLA claims ensuring that only valid claims are approved
- Communicate to general managers all performance review and merit increase timelines and ensure compliance with those timelines
- Oversee employee training paths and arrange any travel for training
- Maintain manager vacation schedules and communicate changes with payroll
- Full knowledge of federal and state laws that pertain to FLSA, FMLA, workers’ compensation, unemployment, and other state/federal regulations
- Promote communication within company via monthly newsletter, manager orientations, etc.
- Coordinate employee recognition events including crew events, anniversaries, etc.
- Assist office and management staff with any other duties as needed
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Relevant HR experience or training
- Ability to complete work accurately and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with all levels of the organization
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office