TEXANA CENTER Employee Reviews

Productive and Learning
REIMBURSEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXFebruary 16, 2015
At Texana, I was a Reimbursement Coordinator which had different job duties. My duties included posting insurance payments, verifying benefits, insurance appeals, preparing client statements, accounts receivable, staff training for Medicaid reimbursement, client record filing, mail distribution, daily deposits. The most enjoyable part was seeing the client's insurance issues resolved - having their services paid for. I learned all about the ins and outs of medical insurance billing/reimbursement. I had awesome co-workers and worked well with them. My direct manager could have been more available for questions and could have explained job duties/special projects better that what was done. The hardest part of the job was getting insurance denials resolved in a timely manner.
Pros
Paid health insurance for employer
Cons
Not very structured
A wonderful place to learn, grow and teach
ABA Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXAugust 29, 2014
I worked with low functioning autistic children. I was an applied behavior analyst individual trainer and was taught the act of patience and love. My fellow employees in my classroom were a very close knit, fun, patient and understanding type of group. The hardest part of this job is to watch these sweet children struggle with speech, and learning and understanding things typical children and adults take for granted. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the children's faces when they learn and comprehend something new, whether it be going to the bathroom on their own, or making a new sound.
Pros
Helping children reach their potential
Cons
Poor management
Productive and Fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 11, 2015
This job is very rewarding. It opens the door to a lot of different opportunities with in the community and surrounding communities. If you love helping people then you will love working as Service Coordinator and there are advancements available as well.
A great place to change lives
Early Intervention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXDecember 19, 2013
My schedule is fairly flexible and allows me to meet new people. I get to help children with disabilities grow and learn. I don't see my coworkers much because we are all out in the field, but when we are together they are very supportive. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a child because their parents will not follow through. The best part is seeing children meet their milestones and knowing that I had a part in helping with that.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
salary could be higher
Enjoyable, a challenge everyday
Business Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXJanuary 13, 2014
My typical day consisted of running daily, weekly and last minute reports requested from Clinical Staff, Auditing Daily Data Entry. Supervision of 2 employees. Setting up new patients in system. Accounts Receivable Management and Accounts Payable Management. HIPPA Manager of Clinic. Notarized documents when needed. Medical Records Monitor, Oversee the Business Office, clinical support when needed. Monitor Schedule for Dr's and Clinical Staff. Assist in handling crisis as they arose.
I think the only hard part about the job was when the computer's were down and playing catch up, but you have to take that in stride and just move on.
I feel that I had a professional rapport with my co-workers.
I didn't really have any bad encounters with Upper Management.
What I learned most when I was there is that every incident/person needs to be handled on and individual basis, nothing is the same.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was doing my best to help people, and if I received one thank you out of 100 patients it was gratifying to me and also we had a lot of team support.
Pros
The staff and patients
Cons
Shortage of Resources In the County I worked in.
A great place for mental health and wellness
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  SUGAR LANDSeptember 11, 2012
I was a practicum student here and learned alot about mental health. Texana practices treatment plans and skills training along with medication management so they really give their clients that 360 effort and address all of the problems, not just the chemical imbalance. At texana center, the employees strive to empower the clients.
will not recommend my worst enemy to work here
Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  rosenberg txJune 26, 2014
Loved the children...got fired for leaving work day due to discrimination and will not toleragte any discrimination for any child or staff from supervisor....
Instruct children 2-3 yrs. of age & create an environment for children with autism.
ABA Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 8, 2015
A typical day for me at Texana was to promote social skills for children with autism & typical children in a classroom setting. Help engage in a natural environment.
Pros
Helping children grow & learn. Gaining the parents trust.
Cons
pay, hours & location
caring and strict environment
Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMarch 5, 2015
The job I had was really strict and we were on a schedule. I learned many psychological things. The people I worked with were awesome and always made my days better. The hardest part was working with the difficult kids with minimal help. I loved being able to change a person's or family's life.
Pros
Going on trips with kids and seeing them happy
Cons
getting hit or my hair pulled
Good job
Registered Nurse-IDD (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TxJanuary 11, 2014
Enjoy co-workers, sometimes busy and fast paced. Good benefits.
Hard working place to work because of the demand load with working directly with children with autism.
Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I was an Individual trainer with children who have autism. This was my first time working directly with children in a controlled environment. The hardest part of the job was taking control over a child when they were experiencing negative behavior. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the child.
Good Workplace
Vocational/Hab Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXDecember 3, 2013
I enjoyed working with the MHMR Clients treated them and loved them like my own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TEXANA CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.