TEXANA CENTER Employee Reviews

Very caring
Certified Family Partner (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXOctober 27, 2017
Texana Center serves many counties and makes a definate difference to the communities in Southeast Teaxas. Training is very good and up to date and employees are very interested in using skills learned to better assist those people in the community they serve.
broker of services (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Texana Center is an agency that appears to be more concerned with numbers than with providing excellent customer service to clients. I acquired additional skills working with the mental health populations and those individuals who were in crisis on a daily basis.
Pros
I had the ability to customized my engagement time with clients
Cons
Numbers
Great Employees ! Hostile environment due to unrealistic work demands
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 17, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company if it was the last job to work for on the face of this earth! The turnover rate is extremely high. Employees are very frustrated with the demands from the management! BENCHMARKS are set up for failure and the constant reminders of being terminated due to failure to meet the unrealistic benchmark is a continued drive to the high turnover rate. This company only cares about revenue vs quality care for the clients they serve. It's become nothing but a self made call center ....calling families just to harasse them to talk about services for the sole sake of billing Medicaid. They expect you to do 12 hrs of work in an 8 hr day. Overtime is not expected unless you clearly can justify it and with prior approval. Very little support from upper management . Love the clientele !
Pros
Clientel
Cons
They don't trust their employees, compensation, benefits, paid hourly vs salary
It's an ok job at time.
HOUSEPARENT II (Current Employee) –  Sealy, TXAugust 12, 2017
Sometime it's an productive and fun workplace and sometime it's not. Getting along with co-worker. Taking care of the consumers and when they have an smile on there face and thank you for doing a good job of taking care of them.
Horrible Place to Work
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 19, 2017
The upper management is a joke. You will have no support on things that are clearly being done wrong and against the law. Basically they play favorites and cover-up for people who are doing things illegally. The rules, policies and procedures only apply to those who are not in the inner circle.
Pros
My patients
Cons
Worst place I have ever been employed
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 14, 2017
A typical day is trying to fit 10 hours of work into 8, but not being allowed to work overtime, and if you work over by 15 minutes, having to get the director to sign off on it, no flexibility unless for your clients, no support from management at ANY level. None. They don't care about their employees, moral is absolutely horrible, and even though they talk about being a team, The hardest part of the job is when changes are implemented by a certain date, and support is no where around when there are questions. System delays, which delays our work, guardian calls, provider calls, constant unplanned kinks in our days, and we are still expected to get everything. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the IDD population and making a difference in their lives. The reviews above are probably managers reviewing because turn-over is so high, and they need new employees. Don't stop here. Keep searching because you can definitely find better.
Pros
My clients, co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Good for someone started out in the mental health field. You will definitely learn if you stick with it.
case management (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJune 10, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping clients get better and be able to get their mental illnesses under control and begin to live better lives.
Pros
Job longevity if wanted.
Cons
Large case loads, paperwork needed unrealistic
fun people to work with. Very sincere and caring
HCS Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMay 15, 2017
Great place to work but hard to keep up with the demands of the job. You must love typing because it will be a lot of it. You must be able to multi take and have a great memory, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
It is hard to take breaks and the driving is constant.
good
RBT (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 4, 2017
very good job experience you will learn a lot working here! a typical day here is nothing but fun , workplace is awesome. Nothing hard about the job just need patience. very awesome experience
Amazing kids
Registered Behavioral Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 4, 2017
The kids are the only reason you stay as long as you do. Management only think of you as workers. If not for the bcbas who take the time out to tell you that you are appreciated not all but some. Some staff with eduction don't have to do much but show up. It's the workers who are pushed every day.
Pros
Kids and Yearly bonus
Cons
You top out pay after certain amount.
A great place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXApril 19, 2017
I love the children I work with on a daily basic. The staff I have on my team are all great. The hardest part is when a child give me a ruff time that day.
Pros
No growth in the company
Cons
Flexiable
productive workplace good with clients
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 14, 2017
Texana is a really good place to work the only thing about Texana is when they start to add rules randomly and they fire or lose people more then they get
Pros
pto
Cons
really strict on staff and always adding rules that is unnecessery
Good people work here!
Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX (satellite office)March 16, 2017
The folks that work for Texana are caring and concerned people, trying to make a positive change in their community. Folks come to work with a positive attitude and are committed to making a difference in the lives of others.
Cons
benefits getting slimmed down continuously
An OK place to work.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXFebruary 26, 2017
The most favorite part of my job was my residents, I loved coming in everyday and talking with them about their day and just checking on their general day.
Great people and the days go by so quick when you are having fun
Registered Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 29, 2016
Great to hear from you soon as I have to be the bad news for you to know you are ok lol I was just joking about the same time as a result of the day of the day
Productive and Fun place to work
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 11, 2015
This job is very rewarding. It opens the door to a lot of different opportunities with in the community and surrounding communities. If you love helping people then you will love working as Service Coordinator and there are advancements available as well.
Instruct children 2-3 yrs. of age & create an environment for children with autism.
ABA Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 8, 2015
A typical day for me at Texana was to promote social skills for children with autism & typical children in a classroom setting. Help engage in a natural environment.
Pros
Helping children grow & learn. Gaining the parents trust.
Cons
pay, hours & location
caring and strict environment
Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMarch 5, 2015
The job I had was really strict and we were on a schedule. I learned many psychological things. The people I worked with were awesome and always made my days better. The hardest part was working with the difficult kids with minimal help. I loved being able to change a person's or family's life.
Pros
Going on trips with kids and seeing them happy
Cons
getting hit or my hair pulled
Productive and Learning
REIMBURSEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXFebruary 16, 2015
At Texana, I was a Reimbursement Coordinator which had different job duties. My duties included posting insurance payments, verifying benefits, insurance appeals, preparing client statements, accounts receivable, staff training for Medicaid reimbursement, client record filing, mail distribution, daily deposits. The most enjoyable part was seeing the client's insurance issues resolved - having their services paid for. I learned all about the ins and outs of medical insurance billing/reimbursement. I had awesome co-workers and worked well with them. My direct manager could have been more available for questions and could have explained job duties/special projects better that what was done. The hardest part of the job was getting insurance denials resolved in a timely manner.
Pros
Paid health insurance for employer
Cons
Not very structured
Hard working place to work because of the demand load with working directly with children with autism.
Individual Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I was an Individual trainer with children who have autism. This was my first time working directly with children in a controlled environment. The hardest part of the job was taking control over a child when they were experiencing negative behavior. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the child.