Texans Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Checking Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 15, 2017
It was ok working there but low pay and not much room for advancement. People were friendly and easy to get along with. Great location in Richardson on 75.
Rate this company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Rate this company

*required

Overall rating*

Wouldn't work there again for anything
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2016
While employed with them I was terminated while on short term disability. I was let go a week before my doctor release me to work. They have no compassion for their employees. Plus my manager stole hours of overtime over the years I was employed
Fun place to work
Consumer Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 26, 2016
process customer loan documents and issued funds. Enjoyed being able to assist customers when needed. Was able to move around in work area ex: fax machine, copier, etc.
Excellent Team and Productive Workplace
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Every team member and manager are on board to help and assist you with any need on issues with transaction, inquires or member complaints. The Credit Union will treat you like family and won't let crash and fail.
The energy of the company is nice
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 30, 2016
Texans Credit Union is a small banking company. It's nice that everyone knows who is who within the company. The benefits were okay overall, nothing spectacular.
Good Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 26, 2016
It's hard for me to recall anything negative about this company. The worst part for me was the commute to Richardson (I worked at the corporate building).
People were kind, supportive, & encouraging. There were training programs and work related events. The work load was acceptable and not overbearing. They preferred to promote from within & this is how I got promoted.
I was laid off, but they provided me with a compensation package that was fair and generous.
I'd work for them again, but have not reapplied because the commute was dreadful.
Pros
breaks, work environment, promotion, culture, atmosphere, pay, programs
Cons
dealing with customers was not always pleasant.
good place to work
consumer debt collections (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2016
good work ethics encouraged, given freedom for personal time off, allowed freedom to make decisions on loans.- free parking- clean environment--free dining facilities-
Pros
free parking
Cons
enformtion from upper managementlack of
Good company to work for
ATM Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2015
They really care about their employees. Low turnover.
Lots of good people to work with. Good company. Many departments to transfer or work within
Thankful for the opportunity
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work at was pleasant. I was able to utilize certain job skills and acquire new ones. I enjoyed my fellow co-workers.
Financal Instutation
Support Service Assistant & record coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2015
I have a part time job in this bank as a record coordinater. Beside that I am helping to close account for our members and change their address while they are moving to another location. I am responsible for mail duties, packging, metereing, distibuting.....
The hardest part is when I have to work just for 5 hours :(
I learned a lot since 2012 that I started my job here regarding financing instuation rule and regulation.
Management and employees were never o the same page, employees were informed after the fact
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2015
Thought it was going to be a job, banking was interesting learned some things about banking that I was never aware of.
Management to was disrespectful as for as keeping employees informed about changes and handling members wrong when it came to accounts. Management would not let you progress from one department to another, they would hire from the outside.
Pros
weekends off, off early during the day
Cons
no sick time or personal time unless you had earned it
very stable
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 22, 2015
Bank has been around for a long time in the community very well known and established. Great people to work with and bank with
Used to be a great company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 21, 2015
Years ago TCU used to be a family company where everyone worked together. Towards the end of my career it became all about numbers and it was everyone for themselves. If your looking for micro-management this is the company for you.
Good job for students.
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 27, 2014
I am a Teller II I assist members with their financial needs on a daily basis.
Do you want to waste your time with a company going down the tubes then look no further
Member service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TxNovember 8, 2014
Texans credit union is hands down one of the worst work places in Texas. A typical day a work is dealing with very very small minds and unbelievably huge egos if you except a job offer be ready to for horrible treatment disrespect oh and may be a sprinkle of physical assault.
Pros
I wish there were pros
Cons
One of the worst places to work in all of TEXAS
Great Management and Training
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxSeptember 11, 2014
I really liked my manager- she coached and trained really well for meeting sales goals.
The moral was good and everyone enjoyed works for Texans
Financial Solution Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2014
Back then things were so much different. I was doing so many loans and have good interaction for the members. It was more relaxed like the family credit union.
Good people
- (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 1, 2014
Texans has very dedicated and hard working people focused on providing good member service. They make the best with given resources.
Worst place ever
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2014
This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. Try to avoid this company at all cost. They do not train well but yet are quick to fire and write up people that do not follow the policy. They are always short staffed and have a high teller turn over, making it a very stressful place to work at. They do not value their employees, that is unless you are a upper management associate. They take advantage of their tellers and use them as they see fit but once they do not need them they are quick to get rid of them. HR is not helpful if you have any issue and the open door policy is not existent. Overall, not a good company to work for or bank with.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texans Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9