Texans Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Management and employees were never o the same page, employees were informed after the fact
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 13, 2015
Thought it was going to be a job, banking was interesting learned some things about banking that I was never aware of.
Management to was disrespectful as for as keeping employees informed about changes and handling members wrong when it came to accounts. Management would not let you progress from one department to another, they would hire from the outside.
Pros
weekends off, off early during the day
Cons
no sick time or personal time unless you had earned it
Used to be a great company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 21, 2015
Years ago TCU used to be a family company where everyone worked together. Towards the end of my career it became all about numbers and it was everyone for themselves. If your looking for micro-management this is the company for you.
Good company to work for
ATM Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2015
They really care about their employees. Low turnover.
Lots of good people to work with. Good company. Many departments to transfer or work within
Financal Instutation
Support Service Assistant & record coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2015
I have a part time job in this bank as a record coordinater. Beside that I am helping to close account for our members and change their address while they are moving to another location. I am responsible for mail duties, packging, metereing, distibuting.....
The hardest part is when I have to work just for 5 hours :(
I learned a lot since 2012 that I started my job here regarding financing instuation rule and regulation.
Thankful for the opportunity
Member Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 14, 2015
A typical day at work at was pleasant. I was able to utilize certain job skills and acquire new ones. I enjoyed my fellow co-workers.
Very Depressing Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2014
Out of all the jobs this is the worse. Training suck, very high turn over rate, very strict job, hardly any management team, no help on the teller lines and it seems like every branch has their own rules and different techniques in doing stuff. No one is treated equally in my eyes. This job is very stressful and should not be based on a long term career. May cause someone to be very depressed.
Pros
getting to know your members and having holidays off
Cons
high turn over in employment, stressful environment, have pto but can hardly use it and much more
Once Great Company Poorly Managed and Very Understaffed
Teller (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2013
My family has been members here for a long time. Prior to conservatorship, it was a great credit union. After working here, I would not recommend anyone to work or do business here. It is poorly operated by upper management. Their staffing model leaves the branches understaffed, sometimes with only one teller on a busy afternoon. Therefore, they are unable to use the restroom, etc. Many branches have only one "supervisor", not even a mamager, and no assistant or teller supervisor. So if the supervisor is on lunch or off, members can get no assistance if they need to speak with a manager. The training is terrible and employees are left to figure out how to do their job once they get to the branch. The branches have high turnover and managers that were recently hired get promoted to back office positions so branch staff is constantly left with a manager in training. Back office employees usually have more tenure and seem to love their job. I wish the same could be said for the branches.
Pros
nice long-time members
Cons
understaffed, poor training, no part-time benefits, low pay compared to competition
Poor Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 25, 2013
Usedto be fun place to work until nCuA took over ..They worked their staff to death, not eating lunch ! No break ! Employees were loyal but their loyalties and dedication their didn't count! Management fired them left and right after they worked them like a dog !They treated their employees like furniture that being used !

I will not recommend to anyone this company
Pros
used to be good company
Cons
no breaks, expensive insurance, poor management, lack of knowledgeable employees
Worst place ever
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2014
This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. Try to avoid this company at all cost. They do not train well but yet are quick to fire and write up people that do not follow the policy. They are always short staffed and have a high teller turn over, making it a very stressful place to work at. They do not value their employees, that is unless you are a upper management associate. They take advantage of their tellers and use them as they see fit but once they do not need them they are quick to get rid of them. HR is not helpful if you have any issue and the open door policy is not existent. Overall, not a good company to work for or bank with.
Pros
none that i can think of
Cons
everything
Nice Starter job
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Keeping up with all the regulations and proceedures is very intense.
Not much is offered in terms of advancement opportunities.
Multi-tasking and other projects assigned keeps me busy all day.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
too much work for less pay
Fast paced environment
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 6, 2013
Texans has a loyal member base, which makes the day enjoyable, despite the instability in management and staffing. Most co-workers, in branch and out, are very friendly and compassionate.
Pros
free healthcare
Cons
uncompetitive wages, high turnover
Since changes, I would never work for them ever again
Former Emplyee (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2012
They worked us like dogs and had the nerve to make us feel like we did everything wrong. The new management knows nothing about the business or how to run things. Right now the place is a complete circus...no one knows anyting because they ran all of the employees off that had been there for 10+ years. Shame on a company that doesn't treat their employees like humans.
Pros
none that i can thing of
Cons
unorganized - they don't care about you
Credit Union
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2012
paying and recieving
I learned loan closing on both vechical and mortgage
management and co-workers were a joy to work with.
being laid off was the hardest part of the job.
the most enjoyable part was always learning something new
very stable
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 22, 2015
Bank has been around for a long time in the community very well known and established. Great people to work with and bank with
Hectic environment, Staffing Problems
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 5, 2012
Texans was going through major changes when I started working there. There was a very high turnover ratio, and new tellers received little training. Management and Upper management were always at odds.
Pros
proximity to school
Cons
staffing problems
Do you want to waste your time with a company going down the tubes then look no further
Member service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TxNovember 8, 2014
Texans credit union is hands down one of the worst work places in Texas. A typical day a work is dealing with very very small minds and unbelievably huge egos if you except a job offer be ready to for horrible treatment disrespect oh and may be a sprinkle of physical assault.
Pros
i wish there were pros
Cons
one of the worst places to work in all of texas
Very difficult place to work
worker (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 1, 2014
Upper management plays favorites and if you aren't a favorite you might as well forget it. You don't stand a chance.
Pros
great working staff
Cons
horrible upper management team - horrible human resourcess team.
The company had great employees that cared
Accounting Clerk/Member Account Support (Former Employee) –  Ricardson, TXJanuary 20, 2013
This company allowed me to grow quite a bit by allowing me to see that I did not want to be a teller forever, I wanted more. Therefore, I began my jorney to a higher education.
Pros
they paid for and started my desire for an education
Cons
the pay was very low due to being a non-profit company
The moral was good and everyone enjoyed works for Texans
Financial Solution Representative II (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2014
Back then things were so much different. I was doing so many loans and have good interaction for the members. It was more relaxed like the family credit union.
Great Management and Training
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxSeptember 11, 2014
I really liked my manager- she coached and trained really well for meeting sales goals.