Texans Credit Union

Texans Credit Union Employer Reviews

Very difficult place to work
worker (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: great working staff
Cons: horrible upper management team - horrible human resourcess team.
Upper management plays favorites and if you aren't a favorite you might as well forget it. You don't stand a chance.
Nice Starter job
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: too much work for less pay
Keeping up with all the regulations and proceedures is very intense.
Not much is offered in terms of advancement opportunities.
Multi-tasking and other projects assigned keeps me busy all day.
Great Place to work for
Relief Relationships Banker/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: could be a little higher pay but not too bad
I love my contract there, it was a nice quick experience to an open to the public credit union
Fast paced environment
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Garland, TXJune 6, 2013
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: uncompetitive wages, high turnover
Texans has a loyal member base, which makes the day enjoyable, despite the instability in management and staffing. Most co-workers, in branch and out, are very friendly and compassionate.
Poor Management
Teller (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 25, 2013
Pros: used to be good company
Cons: no breaks, expensive insurance, poor management, lack of knowledgeable employees
Usedto be fun place to work until nCuA took over ..They worked their staff to death, not eating lunch ! No break ! Employees were loyal but their loyalties and dedication their didn't count! Management fired them left and right after they worked them like a dog !They treated their employees like furniture that being used !

I will not recommend to anyone – more... this company – less
The company had great employees that cared
Accounting Clerk/Member Account Support (Former Employee), Ricardson, TXJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: they paid for and started my desire for an education
Cons: the pay was very low due to being a non-profit company
This company allowed me to grow quite a bit by allowing me to see that I did not want to be a teller forever, I wanted more. Therefore, I began my jorney to a higher education.
Once Great Company Poorly Managed and Very Understaffed
Teller (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: nice long-time members
Cons: understaffed, poor training, no part-time benefits, low pay compared to competition
My family has been members here for a long time. Prior to conservatorship, it was a great credit union. After working here, I would not recommend anyone to work or do business here. It is poorly operated by upper management. Their staffing model leaves the branches understaffed, sometimes with only one teller on a busy afternoon. Therefore, they are – more... unable to use the restroom, etc. Many branches have only one "supervisor", not even a mamager, and no assistant or teller supervisor. So if the supervisor is on lunch or off, members can get no assistance if they need to speak with a manager. The training is terrible and employees are left to figure out how to do their job once they get to the branch. The branches have high turnover and managers that were recently hired get promoted to back office positions so branch staff is constantly left with a manager in training. Back office employees usually have more tenure and seem to love their job. I wish the same could be said for the branches. – less
Fun place to work while helping members with their transactions.
Teller (Current Employee), Richardson, TxDecember 11, 2012
I enjoy where i work at, its fun and at the same time learn more about our members who bank with us.
Credit Union
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Example: New York, NYAugust 9, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
paying and recieving
I learned loan closing on both vechical and mortgage
management and co-workers were a joy to work with.
being laid off was the hardest part of the job.
the most enjoyable part was always learning something new
Hectic environment, Staffing Problems
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 5, 2012
Pros: proximity to school
Cons: staffing problems
Texans was going through major changes when I started working there. There was a very high turnover ratio, and new tellers received little training. Management and Upper management were always at odds.
Since changes, I would never work for them ever again
Former Emplyee (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 3, 2012
Pros: none that i can thing of
Cons: unorganized - they don't care about you
They worked us like dogs and had the nerve to make us feel like we did everything wrong. The new management knows nothing about the business or how to run things. Right now the place is a complete circus...no one knows anyting because they ran all of the employees off that had been there for 10+ years. Shame on a company that doesn't treat their employees – more... like humans. – less
Too many staff cuts.
Teller 2 (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 22, 2012
Pros: health insurance.
The only break of the day is a 45-minute lunch break. The hardest part of the job is standing up all day.
Exciting financial institution with constant focus on employee morale.
Member Service Rep (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 21, 2012
If I hadn't of moved out of state I would of liked to have retired from Texans. Great group of people!