Texans Credit Union

Texans Credit Union Employee Reviews

Used to be a great company.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), TexasApril 21, 2015
Years ago TCU used to be a family company where everyone worked together. Towards the end of my career it became all about numbers and it was everyone for themselves. If your looking for micro-management this is the company for you.
Good job for students.
Assist customers (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 27, 2014
I am a Teller II I assist members with their financial needs on a daily basis.
Do you want to waste your time with a company going down the tubes then look no further
Member service Representative (Former Employee), Richardson, TxNovember 8, 2014
Pros: i wish there were pros
Cons: one of the worst places to work in all of texas
Texans credit union is hands down one of the worst work places in Texas. A typical day a work is dealing with very very small minds and unbelievably huge egos if you except a job offer be ready to for horrible treatment disrespect oh and may be a sprinkle of physical assault.
Great Management and Training
Branch Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TxSeptember 11, 2014
I really liked my manager- she coached and trained really well for meeting sales goals.
The moral was good and everyone enjoyed works for Texans
Financial Solution Representative II (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 24, 2014
Back then things were so much different. I was doing so many loans and have good interaction for the members. It was more relaxed like the family credit union.
Good people
- (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMay 1, 2014
Texans has very dedicated and hard working people focused on providing good member service. They make the best with given resources.
Worst place ever
Teller II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: everything
This is one of the worst places I have ever worked. Try to avoid this company at all cost. They do not train well but yet are quick to fire and write up people that do not follow the policy. They are always short staffed and have a high teller turn over, making it a very stressful place to work at. They do not value their employees, that is unless you are a upper management associate. They take advantage of their tellers and use them as they see fit but once they do not need them they are quick to get rid of them. HR is not helpful if you have any issue and the open door policy is not existent. Overall, not a good company to work for or bank with.
Very Depressing Job
Teller (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 10, 2014
Pros: getting to know your members and having holidays off
Cons: high turn over in employment, stressful environment, have pto but can hardly use it and much more
Out of all the jobs this is the worse. Training suck, very high turn over rate, very strict job, hardly any management team, no help on the teller lines and it seems like every branch has their own rules and different techniques in doing stuff. No one is treated equally in my eyes. This job is very stressful and should not be based on a long term career. May cause someone to be very depressed.
Very difficult place to work
worker (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 1, 2014
Pros: great working staff
Cons: horrible upper management team - horrible human resourcess team.
Upper management plays favorites and if you aren't a favorite you might as well forget it. You don't stand a chance.
Nice Starter job
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: too much work for less pay
Keeping up with all the regulations and proceedures is very intense.
Not much is offered in terms of advancement opportunities.
Multi-tasking and other projects assigned keeps me busy all day.
Great Place to work for
Relief Relationships Banker/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: could be a little higher pay but not too bad
I love my contract there, it was a nice quick experience to an open to the public credit union
Fast paced environment
Branch Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Garland, TXJune 6, 2013
Pros: free healthcare
Cons: uncompetitive wages, high turnover
Texans has a loyal member base, which makes the day enjoyable, despite the instability in management and staffing. Most co-workers, in branch and out, are very friendly and compassionate.
Poor Management
Teller (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 25, 2013
Pros: used to be good company
Cons: no breaks, expensive insurance, poor management, lack of knowledgeable employees
Usedto be fun place to work until nCuA took over ..They worked their staff to death, not eating lunch ! No break ! Employees were loyal but their loyalties and dedication their didn't count! Management fired them left and right after they worked them like a dog !They treated their employees like furniture that being used !

I will not recommend to anyone this company
The company had great employees that cared
Accounting Clerk/Member Account Support (Former Employee), Ricardson, TXJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: they paid for and started my desire for an education
Cons: the pay was very low due to being a non-profit company
This company allowed me to grow quite a bit by allowing me to see that I did not want to be a teller forever, I wanted more. Therefore, I began my jorney to a higher education.
Once Great Company Poorly Managed and Very Understaffed
Teller (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: nice long-time members
Cons: understaffed, poor training, no part-time benefits, low pay compared to competition
My family has been members here for a long time. Prior to conservatorship, it was a great credit union. After working here, I would not recommend anyone to work or do business here. It is poorly operated by upper management. Their staffing model leaves the branches understaffed, sometimes with only one teller on a busy afternoon. Therefore, they are unable to use the restroom, etc. Many branches have only one "supervisor", not even a mamager, and no assistant or teller supervisor. So if the supervisor is on lunch or off, members can get no assistance if they need to speak with a manager. The training is terrible and employees are left to figure out how to do their job once they get to the branch. The branches have high turnover and managers that were recently hired get promoted to back office positions so branch staff is constantly left with a manager in training. Back office employees usually have more tenure and seem to love their job. I wish the same could be said for the branches.
Fun place to work while helping members with their transactions.
Teller (Current Employee), Richardson, TxDecember 11, 2012
I enjoy where i work at, its fun and at the same time learn more about our members who bank with us.
Credit Union
Member Service Representative (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 9, 2012
paying and recieving
I learned loan closing on both vechical and mortgage
management and co-workers were a joy to work with.
being laid off was the hardest part of the job.
the most enjoyable part was always learning something new
Hectic environment, Staffing Problems
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 5, 2012
Pros: proximity to school
Cons: staffing problems
Texans was going through major changes when I started working there. There was a very high turnover ratio, and new tellers received little training. Management and Upper management were always at odds.
Since changes, I would never work for them ever again
Former Emplyee (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 3, 2012
Pros: none that i can thing of
Cons: unorganized - they don't care about you
They worked us like dogs and had the nerve to make us feel like we did everything wrong. The new management knows nothing about the business or how to run things. Right now the place is a complete circus...no one knows anyting because they ran all of the employees off that had been there for 10+ years. Shame on a company that doesn't treat their employees like humans.
Too many staff cuts.
Teller 2 (Current Employee), Richardson, TXApril 22, 2012
Pros: health insurance.
The only break of the day is a 45-minute lunch break. The hardest part of the job is standing up all day.

Texans Credit Union Salaries